1. Post #1
    HARDCORE BUT NOT FORCEFUL
    February 2008
    2,863 Posts
    Okay so I've owned minecraft since early alpha, and I've never once been able to play SMP. I can join servers just fine, but once I'm into the server it'll load maybe 4 chunks around the spawn and then stop working. My network monitor verifies that it is just not downloading any kind of data whatsoever, and I also experience crippling lag - warping around everywhere etc.

Here's the thing; I have an 8Mb connection (ports forwarded, firewall set up to allow the executable and Java to communicate) and I can't even play on the network by myself. My friend who lives 15 minutes away has a 2Mb connection, and has supported 3 of us playing on his remote server from his connection at once.

Anyone else ever encountered this problem? I'd love to get this fixed because SMP is a load better than playing single player all the time.

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    5,945 Posts
    Okay so I've owned minecraft since early alpha, and I've never once been able to play SMP. I can join servers just fine, but once I'm into the server it'll load maybe 4 chunks around the spawn and then stop working. My network monitor verifies that it is just not downloading any kind of data whatsoever, and I also experience crippling lag - warping around everywhere etc.

Here's the thing; I have an 8Mb connection (ports forwarded, firewall set up to allow the executable and Java to communicate) and I can't even play on the network by myself. My friend who lives 15 minutes away has a 2Mb connection, and has supported 3 of us playing on his remote server from his connection at once.

Anyone else ever encountered this problem? I'd love to get this fixed because SMP is a load better than playing single player all the time.
    I have the same issue except I don't see how it happens to you considering you are in America it makes more sense that I'll experience it since I am in the middle east, I keep timing out during evenings and nights but during early morning and morning It works fine.

3. Post #3
    HARDCORE BUT NOT FORCEFUL
    February 2008
    2,863 Posts
    I dunno why my flag says US, because I'm from the UK
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    5,945 Posts
    I dunno why my flag says US, because I'm from the UK
    Oh wow.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    1,374 Posts
    Facepunch tends to report the OP as being from the states, but replies are fine.

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    5,945 Posts
    But really, it is the thing I hate most about minecraft, I am limited to the time I can play on MP and it is pissing me off to no end, I have no idea why this happens only in minecraft while every other multiplayer game works perfectly fine when playing at any given time in a server hosted in any country.

Edited:

I really hope this gets fixed by release or at release.