1. Post #2281
    C:\
    March 2011
    1,749 Posts
    Don't read hundreds of them in a day and you won't have any more problems :/
    But they're brilliant :smith:.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2282
    Dolphin Hugger
    April 2010
    1,597 Posts
    Just throwing around ideas here, but what about an object that binds itself to anything that touches it, and anything that touches the bound object becomes bound etc. Etc. That seems like a HUGE threat considering that pretty soon everything on the planet would be bound on a molecular level.
    It would have to have been found in space, probably in earths orbit when it collides with a satellite or something.

Edited:

Actually that sounds pretty dumb
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #2283
    Secure, Contain, Protect.
    October 2008
    7,932 Posts
    Just throwing around ideas here, but what about an object that binds itself to anything that touches it, and anything that touches the bound object becomes bound etc. Etc. That seems like a HUGE treat considering that pretty soon everything on the planet would be bound on a molecular level.
    It would have to have been found in space, probably in earths orbit when it collides with a satellite or something.

Edited:

Actually that sounds pretty dumb
    www.scp-wiki.net/scp-198

Edited:

But they're brilliant :smith:.
    I have to agree, you can't read just one SCP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #2284
    March 2011
    1,749 Posts
    My favourite was the blood pond, Specifically the exploration log where they go inside it. Brilliant read.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

5. Post #2285
    October 2008
    7,932 Posts
    My favourite was the blood pond, Specifically the exploration log where they go inside it. Brilliant read.
    My favorite part is the fact that it's implied that the other side of the pond was being "contained" as well.

6. Post #2286
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BAKELITE FETISH
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    My favorite part is the fact that it's implied that the other side of the pond was being "contained" as well.
    When was this? did they update it?

I should give it another read. It's been a while.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

7. Post #2287
    October 2008
    7,932 Posts
    When was this? did they update it?

I should give it another read. It's been a while.
    When they    reach the giant walls and get attacked on the other side.   

8. Post #2288
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    What #?

9. Post #2289
    October 2008
    7,932 Posts

10. Post #2290
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    donka

11. Post #2291
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,916 Posts
    Then the fact that    the expedition was never approved   

12. Post #2292
    November 2009
    627 Posts
    I'm spacing out. What is this referring to?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Philippines Show Events

13. Post #2293
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    Then the fact that    the expedition was never approved   
    the expedition itself is pretty badly written
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #2294
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,113 Posts
    That was the most genuine sympathy to a horrible, hating reptilian thing I've ever felt :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #2295
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,316 Posts
    Anyone remember SCP-895?

It seems some new hallucinations were added to the video feed. So far the new ones I've seen include a large glowing pit on the floor and a human head instead of a cow's head on the chair.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #2296
    March 2011
    1,749 Posts
    I know! I should read some more SCP'S! That will help my sleep!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 12Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #2297
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    3,012 Posts
    Wow, SCP-354-15 and SCP-354-16 sound exactly like creatures from a game my brother, sister, and I played when we were very little. Creepy.

18. Post #2298
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,513 Posts
    Oh wow. I can't sleep now because of reading all the SCP shit, like hundereds of them in a day.
    I have really bad paranoia, I couldn't sleep until 5am last night due to that SCP that goes behind doors, induces terror to anyone who hears its wheezing, it has huge fucking teeth, forgot which one.
    :frown:
    I was a bit freaked out when I read about 895 and watched its "live camera feed" for a half hour, but the one that scared me the most was 965. If seeing faint, horrifying faces in windows really freaks you out, don't visit SCP 965's page.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events

19. Post #2299
    Gold Member
    March 2008
    1,096 Posts
    I read all about the stairwell and then realized it was 00:02 AM, everyone was sleeping, and I had to go down two flights of dark stairs to get something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

20. Post #2300
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,287 Posts
    www.scp-wiki.net/scp-198

Edited:

I have to agree, you can't read just one SCP.
    For the molecular bonding I'd much rather say this

I'm spacing out. What is this referring to?
    This.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

21. Post #2301
    March 2011
    1,749 Posts
    I was a bit freaked out when I read about 895 and watched its "live camera feed" for a half hour, but the one that scared me the most was 965. If seeing faint, horrifying faces in windows really freaks you out, don't visit SCP 965's page.
    Just looked at the image of 965.
    I fucking hate windows, especially when you cant see anything through them but blackness.
    Well fuck, days until christmas and I'm gonna be terrified all week .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #2302
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,287 Posts
    I fucking hate windows, especially when you cant see anything through them but blackness.
    Imagine that looking through your window at night, when you're trying to sleep

Fuck, that scared me even if I expected it (opening the page, couldn't resist it). This and SCP-106 are main offenders
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

23. Post #2303
    March 2011
    1,749 Posts

ah, that's better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 16Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

24. Post #2304
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,349 Posts
    SCP-106 creeps me out so fucking much. I want to see a battle between 106 and 682.

25. Post #2305
    March 2011
    1,749 Posts
    4:30am
    We meet again.
    Currently, I feel like 965 is behind me.
    I was just fapping in front of a window and it was still scary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

26. Post #2306
    Gold Member
    November 2005
    2,349 Posts
    I like SCP-796's story. It's pretty cool.

27. Post #2307
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,644 Posts
    Actually, I absolutely love that effect; it lets me see myself in the mirror.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

28. Post #2308
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,276 Posts
    Why is there no series based on The SCP Foundation? I would love to see a series on Youtube based on SCP's.

You could have serious ones based on SCP-354 and SCP-835 that are akin to the X-Files or found footage movies, comical ones based on SCP-426 and SCP-294 that are in the vein of Apature Science (maybe not so quite upbeat, but still amusing), and then the occasional joke one based on SCP-J's. Maybe an April Fool's video by Dr. Bright.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

29. Post #2309
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,644 Posts
    Why is there no series based on The SCP Foundation? I would love to see a series on Youtube based on SCP's.

You could have serious ones based on SCP-354 and SCP-835 that are akin to the X-Files or found footage movies, comical ones based on SCP-426 and SCP-294 that are in the vein of Apature Science (maybe not so quite upbeat, but still amusing), and then the occasional joke one based on SCP-J's. Maybe an April Fool's video by Dr. Bright.
    I think that the largest problem is budget. There's a lot of crazy shit involved in SCPs, and making one have fitting effects would be pretty tricky on a small budget. Plus it'd be expensive to make the costumes look right, consider the Agents probably have some pretty high-tech shit, not to mention how shoddy acting and script could totally kill the whole thing.

Of course, if people were willing to do such a thing based purely on their love for fiction rather than how much money they'd get, I could see it working. But I'm not entirely sure SCP is popular enough for such a thing to happen.

We do need some kind of videos, though; sometimes writing just isn't enough for the things described. If I had some kind of talent I'd certainly try, but at the most I could be an ideas guy, maybe write the script.

30. Post #2310
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,276 Posts
    I think that the largest problem is budget. There's a lot of crazy shit involved in SCPs, and making one have fitting effects would be pretty tricky on a small budget. Plus it'd be expensive to make the costumes look right, consider the Agents probably have some pretty high-tech shit, not to mention how shoddy acting and script could totally kill the whole thing.
    I would agree, but considering some of the fan films like Street Fighter: Legacy and Half-Life: Origins, i have some faith.

Of course, if people were willing to do such a thing based purely on their love for fiction rather than how much money they'd get, I could see it working. But I'm not entirely sure SCP is popular enough for such a thing to happen.
    I know it's not popular, but more people are open to watching something than reading. Plus The SCP Foundation already has a built in audience.

We do need some kind of videos, though; sometimes writing just isn't enough for the things described. If I had some kind of talent I'd certainly try, but at the most I could be an ideas guy, maybe write the script.
    Ha, "Ideas Guy".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #2311
    Just a Homestuck OC with a massive dick
    April 2011
    2,434 Posts

one about this

if anyone is willing to be circumsised I mean.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

32. Post #2312
    January 2010
    5,099 Posts
    The guy who made the SCP-173 animation is now making one for 682, but that hardly counts as a series. I also tried making an animation a few months ago for a school project, but time constraints and lack of knowledge/skill forced me to leave it half-finished. I suppose if a group of people took up the task of doing animating and voice acting, then we could get something close to a series.

Also, some of the SCPs don't really work in media other than text. Some stories rely on liberal use of [EXPUNGED] and [REDACTED] and the blacked-out letters to convey how horrible certain things are, others are sort of... abstract, I guess. There's also the question of tone: some SCPs are serious, and some are downright funny. Even ones that are serious could be portrayed humorously, it's all up to who is making the video. I don't know if consistency would be the goal, or if it wouldn't matter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #2313
    March 2011
    1,749 Posts
    I think making a series ourself (people in this thread) would actually work. We do have some skilled people here on FP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

34. Post #2314
    September 2011
    689 Posts
    I have that in a tab,tempting me to open it, while I'm too scared to.

Edited:

I'll just have to avoid looking too closely at the image.

Edited:

I hate it, I looked at it and can't bare to look at the image again, but I want to read the article.

Edited:

I've resorted to reading the source html of the page.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

35. Post #2315
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,644 Posts
    Ha, "Ideas Guy".
    Well, I hardly imagine making GMod poses could help in the project, and I've only ever written shitty Lovecraftian horror stories. Beyond that I have no training or natural talents.

If we ever needed any plastic models or anything I'm pretty good with a hobby knife, so I could probably make something decent out of random plastic things, but that's at best the minimum-budget option.

As I say, I'm little more than an ideas guy.

36. Post #2316
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,276 Posts
    I would totally be ok with setting up the format of each episode.

37. Post #2317
    March 2011
    1,749 Posts
    As you can see, art is not my strongest point.
    I made this in 25-30 mins, 5 or 10 mins of fucking about then 25-30 mins of doing shit.

(click on it)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

38. Post #2318
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,276 Posts
    As you can see, art is not my strongest point.
    I made this in 25-30 mins, 5 or 10 mins of fucking about then 25-30 mins of doing shit.

(click on it)
    Oh god.

Does it move towards the camera like in the SCP entry? Do i want it to do that?

39. Post #2319
    March 2011
    1,749 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #2320
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts

jesus fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)