1. Post #2841
    SCPs are pretty cool things, specially since the nazi admins keep the content fresh and good.
    My favorite reads from that entire site are the coffee machine, and "Document recovered from the Marianas Trench."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #2842
    Secure, Contain, Protect.
    October 2008
    7,932 Posts
    "Document Recovered From The Marianas Trench" is one of the better pieces on the site. It's nice to see a piece that's from something other than the Foundation's point of view, especially when it's    of an XK-Class Event   .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

3. Post #2843
    Item Description: A squirrel which constantly moved much slower than normal, even when jumping or falling, similar to "slow-motion" video footage.
    Date of Recovery: ██-██-████
    Location of Recovery: ███████ Family Campgrounds, ███████
    Current Status: Shot with pistol. Corpse shown to have no unusual properties.
    omg why ;n;
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

4. Post #2844
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,146 Posts
    I'm a little new to all this - I only got into SCP from a game. I forgot it's name, but you all probably know about it.

I'm unsure where exactly to start on all this. But basically, these stories are creepy stories about various types of organisms? I've found the wiki where they're all archived, but I'm not entirely sure what to do. Just start reading?

Yeah okay, I'm a "newfag" or whatever the word is that cool kids use these days.
    You're probably going to want some information on some of the usual SCP jokes we make, so I recommend SCP-682, SCP-173, and SCP-087 for starters.

Then some generally good ones are SCP-914, SCP-073, SCP-115, SCP-085 and SCP-354.

From there you can do whatever, but those are pretty good starter articles. I'm personally going to read them in order from 1 going up, but I will read out of order if one SCP references another for whatever reason.

And watch out for the pictures, they can scare the shit out of you if you aren't prepared.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #2845
    You're probably going to want some information on some of the usual SCP jokes we make, so I recommend SCP-682, SCP-073 and SCP-173 for starters.

Then some generally good ones are SCP-914, SCP-115, SCP-087 and SCP-354.

From there you can do whatever, but those are pretty good starter articles. I'm personally going to read them in order from 1 going up, but I will read out of order if one SCP references another for whatever reason.

And watch out for the pictures, they can scare the shit out of you if you aren't prepared.
    oh man the red pond
    I fucking love that thing, make sure to read the exploratory mission log.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

6. Post #2846
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,146 Posts
    oh man the red pond
    I fucking love that thing, make sure to read the exploratory mission log.
    Yeah, that's another thing; try not to miss the experiment or exploration logs. Those are always interesting.

Edited:

Oh, and Dr. Bright. Forgot about him. He's trapped in an SCP now so he's kind of immortal. I'll let the article explain it in detail. Good ol' Bright. Always keeping things interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #2847
    Secure, Contain, Protect.
    October 2008
    7,932 Posts
    The exploration logs are why I recommend 455.
    Gears is really good at writing really unnerving exploration and experimentation logs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #2848
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    July 2006
    7,049 Posts
    The exploration logs are why I recommend 455.
    Gears is really good at writing really unnerving exploration and experimentation logs.
    The atmosphere is great but some of the dialogue is fucking bizarre.
    I mean "sweet Dapper Jesus of the Gentleman's Club"
    Really?
    REALLY?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15 (list)

9. Post #2849
    January 2010
    5,098 Posts
    Can anyone remember the number of the SCP that was like a mirror or something that changed colors depending on who looked at it, and acted as a portal to some alternate dimension with sin-monsters?
    And the one about the Russian man with hypergraphia who writes down everything that enters his mind, what number was that?

Actually, I just got another of my friends interested in the Foundation, can you guys suggest some more good ones in addition to the ones already listed above?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

10. Post #2850
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,018 Posts
    I need to find an SCP which is horrifying, menacing, yet capable of human speech and able to contain his menacing and shit. Preferably humanoid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #2851
    Able in a bad mood?
    Or that one that got off the red pool. 600/900 I think

oh and 682 but he can't really contain it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events

12. Post #2852
    This is the mirror one, SCP-093

This is probably my favorite SCP. I get chills each time I read it, those    sin monsters    are fucking terrifying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

13. Post #2853
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,575 Posts
    I'm kinda surprised I didn't read about the 087 and 087-B games here.

14. Post #2854
    Blue Member
    October 2006
    9,273 Posts
    Wow, this SCP is pretty creative.

Oh wait.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

15. Post #2855
    November 2011
    691 Posts
    I'm a little new to all this - I only got into SCP from a game. I forgot it's name, but you all probably know about it.

I'm unsure where exactly to start on all this. But basically, these stories are creepy stories about various types of organisms? I've found the wiki where they're all archived, but I'm not entirely sure what to do. Just start reading?

Yeah okay, I'm a "newfag" or whatever the word is that cool kids use these days.
    Just plain old reading this entire thread is a pretty good way to find some good ones. Almost all the better ones get posted here.

Just don't look at the pic for 895. Just don't.

16. Post #2856
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,499 Posts
    Just plain old reading this entire thread is a pretty good way to find some good ones. Almost all the better ones get posted here.

SCP-965 is probably one you want to avoid looking at, too.

That fucking face, man. Despite how faint it is, I still had trouble sleeping afterward.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

17. Post #2857
    hey
    August 2006
    5,305 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

18. Post #2858
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    6,287 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #2859
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    6,246 Posts
    Fucking terrifying, that needs to be a movie

Edited:

ahhhh

Edited:

SCP-965 is probably one you want to avoid looking at, too.

That fucking face, man. Despite how faint it is, I still had trouble sleeping afterward.
    ahhhhhh

Edited:

aaaaaahhhhhhhh
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

20. Post #2860
    hey
    August 2006
    5,305 Posts
    http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-978-extended-test-logs

edit:

Subject: Dr. Malfoss
    Photographed Activity: Sitting at his desk reading a report on SCP-682.
    Photo Result: Dr. Malfoss is riding SCP-682 through what appears to be a world war II-era battlefield, slaughtering soldiers with what appears to be some sort of elongated katana sword.
    Note: Well, he's just thinking what we all would do if we could control SCP-682.
    banzaaaaaaaaiiiii
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

21. Post #2861

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    Fucking terrifying, that needs to be a movie

Edited:

ahhhh

Edited:

ahhhhhh

Edited:

aaaaaahhhhhhhh
    That pic for scp-966 looks really familiar, isn't that a movie prop or something? It was posted in the "generally just fucking creepy" threads I'm pretty sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #2862
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    6,246 Posts
    That pic for scp-966 looks really familiar, isn't that a movie prop or something? It was posted in the "generally just fucking creepy" threads I'm pretty sure.
    Yeah it was, I want to know where most of the pictures were made/found, they are all horrifying

23. Post #2863
    October 2011
    737 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

24. Post #2864
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    6,246 Posts
    Why is everyone's so short, my shortest was 15 minutes

25. Post #2865
    August 2009
    12,392 Posts
    095 is condensed "What the actual fuck"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

26. Post #2866
    Ask me about my Guardians of the Galaxy fetish.
    September 2010
    8,161 Posts
    I need to find an SCP which is horrifying, menacing, yet capable of human speech and able to contain his menacing and shit. Preferably humanoid.
    Patrick Bateman?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

27. Post #2867
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    2,678 Posts
    Oh god, SCP 231

Is Procedure 110-Montauk what I think it is?

28. Post #2868

August 2011
    5,969 Posts
    Oh god, SCP 231

Is Procedure 110-Montauk what I think it is?
    According to the creator, it's whatever you think it is, times 100.    And it's not rape, apparently.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #2869
    Do any other SCPs have a feed like 895 does?

I like the overlay imaging they use with that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #2870
    According to the creator, it's whatever you think it is, times 100.    And it's not rape, apparently.   
    it sure as hell sounds like it on some articles
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

31. Post #2871
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    6,246 Posts
    IT sounds like brutal rape to me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

32. Post #2872
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,097 Posts
    I thought it was some abortion thingy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Informative Informative x 2 (list)

33. Post #2873
    Reading up on the 231 comments the 231-7 is apparently a young girl wtf
    and 110 montauk is some sort of forced abortion of some kinda hellspawn that the girls gestate or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

34. Post #2874
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,146 Posts
    Reading up on the 231 comments the 231-7 is apparently a young girl wtf
    and 110 montauk is some sort of forced abortion of some kinda hellspawn that the girls gestate or something
    They are all young girls, and Montauk 110 is some sort of horrifying overtly brutal abortion ritual.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

35. Post #2875
    oh man I found a fucking jewel

"Decency"
    Let all of those who read this know that I have not failed my duties to the SCP Foundation. I have not broken under stress, nor have I gone crazy. What has happened is that I cannot allow the events around me to continue any longer.
    I am going to die. After hours in solitary confinement, and the time in-between being almost unbearable, I've come to conclude that my actions after this writing will unquestionably lead to my demise. If you find this before I die, do not try to stop me. I've made my peace with God, and decided that what I am going to do is the right thing.
    What I am about to do is break every single Special Personnel Requirement for the project I am assigned to. Normally, I wouldn't do this, but I just can't let her suffer any longer. Even though I will die trying, she will know that somebody cares for her.
    It will only be for a moment, maybe less. I don't care. Just as long as she's out of her torment for one second, it will be enough for me. It will be enough knowing that for that brief instant, she will know that she is not a prisoner, that she is not a monster, that somebody cares enough about her to do something about it. For that brief instant, she'll be free.
    I have passed all the psychological examinations. I have not broken down. I don't love her. I don't want an XK. All I want is for her to know, for the briefest instant, that somebody cares for her as a human being.
    And I will make sure she knows.
    -Agent Shields
    Note: At 0900 hours, Agent Shields stripped off his concealing helmet and somehow entered the enclosure of 231-7. 231-7 was awake at the time, but showed no reaction to Shields' presence. Armed guards were deployed as he approached the bedside, placed a single rose upon it, and left the containment chamber. Four minutes after the security breach, Agent Shields was shot to death by six guards, and 231-7's amnesiac schedule was altered slightly to allow for a dose shortly afterward. Procedure 110-Montauk was put into effect minutes later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

36. Post #2876
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    10,433 Posts
    I thought it was some abortion thingy.
    It seems almost like it's both, the addendums suggests it could be an abortion but according to the personnel requirement there are to be no fewer than 6 D Class rapists on site to perform the procedure at all times, and that violent ones are not recommended as it increases the chance of a fatality, it also states that personnel with sociopathic tendencies and sexual deviancy are acceptable. Which makes it sound like rape.

37. Post #2877
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,275 Posts
    SCP-231 sounds like the ending of F.E.A.R. 3 with Alma being pregnant, except that it's 100 times worse like the creator said.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

38. Post #2878
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    5,575 Posts
    Montauck 110 is my codename for when anything go so fucking terribly you're fucking yourself over to save what little you can.

Nuking your own cities to save your country type of thing.

39. Post #2879
    Abused by Girlfriend
    January 2010
    19,018 Posts
    What would I need to make a relatively-to-size mock SCP-173? It's for a project.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #2880
    October 2010
    378 Posts
    What would I need to make a relatively-to-size mock SCP-173? It's for a project.
    Satan's Hands, lamb's blood, various human wastes including remains, and Paper Mâché made out of any old newspapers and glue you might have lying around.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Funny Funny x 2 (list)