1. Post #3681
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,337 Posts
    I liked the lugging around a lot actually, I found watching the rooms get put together slowly kinda cathartic (though I used to build all my bases in one big blueprint then just watch it all get put together)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #3682
    Just a question, but how much of this is true?
    http://i.imgur.com/PiqkR.png
    the factual claims are true, the connotations aren't
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #3683
    July 2009
    1,503 Posts
    Was reading Document 050, when I stumbled upon this piece of gold.

Reports state that several minutes later Professor Sharpnose was found running through the site ██ hallways, with his pants around his ankles and SCP-548 on his left buttock. It was later discovered that the restroom in question had 'out of order' signs on every stall except for one, and traces of "Poo-4-You" laxatives were found on the dinner plate used by Professor Sharpnose.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

4. Post #3684
    January 2010
    5,243 Posts
    Just a question, but how much of this is true?
    http://i.imgur.com/PiqkR.png
    As far as I can tell, the only thing Reddit-like about the site is the fact that you can upvote or downvote an article, and that feature isn't even unique to Reddit. In fact, unless I looked in the wrong place, the SCP subreddit has absolutely no fucking activity going on anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #3685
    July 2009
    1,503 Posts
    Agent Apocalemur pauses briefly when he reaches his door - it had, apparently, been left open slightly. 1 Minute later, Agent Apocalemur is seen backing slowly out of his office, keeping his eyes fixed on something inside. It is at this point that the floor gives way beneath Apocalemur's feet.

Investigation lead to the discovery that Josef Kald had placed a replica of SCP-173 in Apocalemur's office, positioned just behind his bookcase so that it looked like it was "peeking out". It was positioned in such a way that it faced the door, establishing "eye contact" with whoever might enter the room. Small pools of blood and feces were discovered around the replica's feet, belonging to three different D-Class and Josef Kald himself respectively. (Upon later questioning, the D-Class admitted to having allowed Kald to draw blood from them with syringes, under pretense of an SCP that needed blood as part of its diet. Kald is not, and has never been, assigned to the care of such an SCP.)

I am so going to do this as a prank.

Edited:

I've been wondering since I discovered 173, how the heck does the blood and feces get there from a statue? I know it's supernatural and all, but it irritates me.
    That made me think of 173 in a squat position and shitting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #3686
    August 2009
    2,848 Posts

Edited:

Sounds like some buttmad applicant who happened to be a 4chan purist (whatever the fuck that is) got his SCP rejected and wrote this in spite. Ohhh nooo generalizations about redditors and 4channers!
    The worst I can say about the foundation's admins is that they're huge nazis when it comes to registrations and articles. That's good, it preserves the content quality.
    I honestly think you're right. After going onto /vg/ and finding the SCP containment breach thread, I found generally positive opinions with one guy saging and going "Fuck off with this piece of shit." Though specifically there were plenty of complaints about Clef and Bright.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

7. Post #3687
    Stardust crusader
    March 2009
    2,850 Posts
    I've been wondering since I discovered 173, how the heck does the blood and feces get there from a statue? I know it's supernatural and all, but it irritates me.
    That made me think of 173 in a squat position and shitting.
    My guess is it's from the D-Class they use for testing.

Edited:

Then again 173's entry says its origin is unknown.

8. Post #3688
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,185 Posts
    Basically 173 generates shit, that's its modus operandi.

A reinforced concrete shit generator.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

9. Post #3689
    January 2010
    5,243 Posts
    Basically 173 generates shit, that's its modus operandi.

A reinforced concrete shit generator.
    So given enough time, it would create exponentially more and more shit until its containment chamber was filled to bursting?
    Guys, I think this fucker might need to be upgraded to Keter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

10. Post #3690
    wasn't it keter sometime ago
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #3691
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,185 Posts
    So given enough time, it would create exponentially more and more shit until its containment chamber was filled to bursting?
    Guys, I think this fucker might need to be upgraded to Keter.
    I don't think shit explosions are actually plausible enough to qualify it as keter.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

12. Post #3692
    July 2010
    3,836 Posts
    Basicly scp tycoon would be about recruiting as many D-class personel as possible and throw them at scp's
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

13. Post #3693
    Basicly scp tycoon would be about recruiting as many D-class personel as possible and throw them at scp's
    and keeping tourists away
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

14. Post #3694
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    6,258 Posts
    Evil genius 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

15. Post #3695
    November 2011
    701 Posts
    And not maintaining the containment sites

16. Post #3696
    June 2010
    3,836 Posts
    and letting the bodies pile up

17. Post #3697
    May 2010
    3,679 Posts
    Here's my idea for an SCP, I'm kinda new to this so go easy on me:

It's a 20cm cubed metal box with a round hole with a 4cm radius on the top, the hole is pitch black and the box is seemingly empty, no noises are produced from within.

The box itself displays no abnormal properties when observed by organic beings, its only when filmed that it can later be seen, an eye popping out from where the hole is, looking directly at you, even as you move around, the filmed eye follows you on video.

The eye can't be seen by everyone, only SCP staff who has tried to tamper with the box by dropping objects inside, placing fingers or any other small enough body part on the hole seems to have no effect whatsoever, they come back out perfectly fine. The objects apparently disappear only to reappear 30 minutes later on that specific persons pocket, the object comes back with what seems to be an ancient engraving of an eye, exactly 1 week later after the object reappears the person dies of no apparent causes, they just drop dead. When filmed, the body seems perfectly fine on video, except for the eyes, which are gone.

For this reason the box has been labeled by SCP staff as the "eye collector".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #3698
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,731 Posts
    I'm thinking of making an SCP about sandals with superbuoyant properties, and have unusually high friction, and that they were found in an ancient, jewish/christian tomb accidentally stumbled upon.

Trying to hide, but subtly hinting, that they're how jesus 'walked on water'
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #3699
    Blue Member
    October 2006
    9,626 Posts
    I'm thinking of making an SCP about sandals with superbuoyant properties, and have unusually high friction, and that they were found in an ancient, jewish/christian tomb accidentally stumbled upon.

Trying to hide, but subtly hinting, that they're how jesus 'walked on water'
    I will pay money to see that done subtly enough to not hit you in the face with loljesus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

20. Post #3700
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,185 Posts
    I will pay money to see that done subtly enough to not hit you in the face with loljesus.
    (Collaborative effort? Someone write a base and expand on that?)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

21. Post #3701
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,402 Posts
    Here's my idea for an SCP, I'm kinda new to this so go easy on me:

It's a 20cm cubed metal box with a round hole with a 4cm radius on the top, the hole is pitch black and the box is seemingly empty, no noises are produced from within.

The box itself displays no abnormal properties when observed by organic beings, its only when filmed that it can later be seen, an eye popping out from where the hole is, looking directly at you, even as you move around, the filmed eye follows you on video.

The eye can't be seen by everyone, only SCP staff who has tried to tamper with the box by dropping objects inside, placing fingers or any other small enough body part on the hole seems to have no effect whatsoever, they come back out perfectly fine. The objects apparently disappear only to reappear 30 minutes later on that specific persons pocket, the object comes back with what seems to be an ancient engraving of an eye, exactly 1 week later after the object reappears the person dies of no apparent causes, they just drop dead. When filmed, the body seems perfectly fine on video, except for the eyes, which are gone.

For this reason the box has been labeled by SCP staff as the "eye collector".
    http://www.scp-wiki.net/the-big-list...ne-scp-cliches
    Number 13.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #3702
    March 2011
    3,547 Posts
    How about a metal box bounded by 23 regular polygons?
    Somehow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

23. Post #3703
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,974 Posts
    I had an idea for an SCP, dunno if it falls under the cliches or not.

SCP-#### (I had SCP-1194 stuck in my head, dunno if taken. I also don't know how to make that blanked-out effect they use.)

Containment procedures: SCP-#### is to be kept in a standard mantle-mount sword rack in a 10x10 reinforced steel room. All surfaces must be able to withstand force equal to the explosion of an ordinary hand grenade and sustained burning. Under no circumstances is SCP-#### to come in contact with any flesh; human, living, or otherwise. Once approved, tests are to be run via remotely-controlled robotic appendages.

Description: SCP-#### appears as a wooden sword with crude carvings on the flat of the 'blade.' The edges are lined with objects similar in size, shape, and mass to ordinary shark teeth. Upon contact with flesh, the sword forcefully emits a gout of fire. SCP-#### was discovered in [REDACTED] by Agent    blank    after reports of multiple fires [REDACTED].    some guy       lastname   , original owner, confirmed dead. Firemen evidently avoided SCP-####'s effect by picking it up with metal tongs. It is currently unknown if the sword itself or the teeth contain the explosively flammable property. Tests with D-Class personnel have proven inconclusive.
    I'd need to make it more in line with their other articles but it's an idea I've had floating around in my head for quite a while now.

24. Post #3704
    How about a metal box bounded by 23 regular polygons?
    Somehow.
    no geometric figures
    make it a skull or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events

25. Post #3705
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,193 Posts
    i just found out about this shit
    some of these are awesome reads

26. Post #3706
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,337 Posts
    I had an idea for an SCP, dunno if it falls under the cliches or not.

I'd need to make it more in line with their other articles but it's an idea I've had floating around in my head for quite a while now.
    A... Flaming sword...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

27. Post #3707
    A... Flaming sword...
    A wooden sword. Lined with shark teeth. In flames.

I don't think he's serious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

28. Post #3708
    October 2008
    3,912 Posts
    An opaque tupperware container, lid held on by some unknown force.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Winner Winner x 1 (list)

29. Post #3709
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,974 Posts
    A wooden sword. Lined with shark teeth. In flames.

I don't think he's serious.
    In my defense it's really late here. The idea is a wooden sword which... lights people on fire. Wow. It sounded much better in my head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #3710
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,337 Posts
    I like to randomly think up possible ideas when I'm bored, most of them being rough and bad

A thorny devil / komodo dragon that grows x on its back (was trying to factor in the awesome ability thorny devils have of being able to hydrate their entire bodies with those rivulets)
    An psychological SCP with no anomalous qualities except that it makes people believe it is anomalous so the article is filled with tests trying to figure out what it does that is out of the ordinary
    A concrete spike that if a piece of paper with an ideology, philosophy/any idea is impaled upon it it writes a thesis refuting it to the best of its abilities (which it'd gain through x)

31. Post #3711
    Gold Member
    October 2009
    5,852 Posts
    You know, something about SCP has really bugged me. The content is great. The Senior staff, not so much.

They treat any non-senior staff with little respect. I've been banned from the site for voicing an opinion on an article. They like to team up against the little guys.

They seem to wave their 'Superior Opinion' over everyone. It pisses me off. If you try to give an opinion why something doesn't belong, and one of the senior staff do not agree, you will be forcibly shot down with the excuse "The site doesn't operate like that" or some stupid shit. If you try and press the matter, you will be warned to stop or be banned.

I understand that they want it to keep some type of style, but god damn they don't have to be such assholes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #3712
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,037 Posts
    I'm bored. Someone gimme a vague suggestion to write an SCP about.

33. Post #3713
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,538 Posts
    I'm bored. Someone gimme a vague suggestion to write an SCP about.
    A form of disease that people grow emotionally attached to and try to prevent other people for curing it. Or maybe a creature inhabiting the person.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

34. Post #3714
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,037 Posts
    Dammit I need a vague idea, it's no fun if I know what to write about from the start.

Although yeah that is a pretty good idea, you should write one.

35. Post #3715
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,337 Posts
    An object that works outside of preconcieved beliefs surrounding the universe that has been contained by The Foundation.

36. Post #3716
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    2,037 Posts
    Now you're just being obstinate. Gimme a combination of words, like "elastic chair" or something along those lines. I CBA to search through the thread, but there were a few other times I did this. Someone look those up for me, search turned up nothing.

37. Post #3717
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,337 Posts
    http://watchout4snakes.com/Creativit...domPhrase.aspx

This site owns for generating random strings of words for ideas and such.

38. Post #3718
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,538 Posts
    Maybe something that involves the weather.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

39. Post #3719
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,143 Posts
    Ok I have an idea let's crowdfund Evil O5, SCP Tycoon or whatever you wanna call it. TO THE KICKSTARTER!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

40. Post #3720
    You know, something about SCP has really bugged me. The content is great. The Senior staff, not so much.

They treat any non-senior staff with little respect. I've been banned from the site for voicing an opinion on an article. They like to team up against the little guys.

They seem to wave their 'Superior Opinion' over everyone. It pisses me off. If you try to give an opinion why something doesn't belong, and one of the senior staff do not agree, you will be forcibly shot down with the excuse "The site doesn't operate like that" or some stupid shit. If you try and press the matter, you will be warned to stop or be banned.

I understand that they want it to keep some type of style, but god damn they don't have to be such assholes.
    They do, the whole totalitarian police state moderation is what keeps the content good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)