1. Post #4041
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,686 Posts
    It just so happens that 1723 was written just two days ago by the superb Facepuncher Roget.
    Oh yeah, that's where I found it originally. I forgot that, this time I spied it off the main list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

2. Post #4042
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,712 Posts
    It just so happens that 1723 was written just two days ago by the superb Facepuncher Roget.
    He also wrote my personal favourite Joke SCP, "JUST SAY NO!";
    http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/why-are-...-be-productive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

3. Post #4043
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,158 Posts
    http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/scp-1959
    A cosmonaut trapped in orbit around space in the grip of an unknown force
    This is one of my favourites, but I think it needs expanding. At the moment it's just a random Russian astronaut flying around space at impossible speeds and occassionally spazzing out, and while the extreme isolation and panic he's apparently feeling is both scary and upsettingly tragic, I think there's too many questions raised and not enough answered for me to focus on what scares me about it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

4. Post #4044
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,686 Posts
    This is one of my favourites, but I think it needs expanding. At the moment it's just a random Russian astronaut flying around space at impossible speeds and occassionally spazzing out, and while the extreme isolation and panic he's apparently feeling is both scary and upsettingly tragic, I think there's too many questions raised and not enough answered for me to focus on what scares me about it.
    If you look at the discussion it's gone over a massive rewrite as it is to get where it is. Originally it was really kinda silly, the cosmonaut occasionally collided with things on earth, but it was eventually changed to what it is now. I think it'll probably go through a few more changes too, so maybe it'll be given a bit more detail, but I think not knowing much is one of the hooks with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

5. Post #4045
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,750 Posts
    Could we do something with these?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #4046
    PM ME FOR /TWO\ RUST KEYS!!
    April 2011
    5,847 Posts
    The last one looks like Spongebob
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #4047
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,928 Posts

brain cysts that cause incredible pain in the head followed by [REDACTED]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #4048
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,792 Posts

What is that? Alzheimer?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

9. Post #4049
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,750 Posts
    What is that? Alzheimer?
    Cysts caused by brain tapeworms.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 8 (list)

10. Post #4050
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,928 Posts
    Cysts caused by brain tapeworms.
    How about an SCP that causes transformation of a subjects brain to the brain of a different species, Over a few days time
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 10Useful Useful x 1 (list)

11. Post #4051
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,792 Posts
    How about an SCP that causes transformation of a subjects brain to the brain of a different species, Over a few days time
    "The D-class began gradually acting like a cat over the course of █ days"

Sounds like SCP material.

12. Post #4052
    January 2010
    5,321 Posts
    "The D-class began gradually acting like a cat over the course of █ days"

Sounds like SCP material.
    "D-████ was reported to have begun urinating and defecating on his bunk in response to the presence of nearby D-class personnel. Upon being approached by guards for disciplinary action, D-████ backed into a wall, assumed a hunched-over posture, and began making hissing noises while swatting the air in front of him. D-████ was subsequently tranquilized and transported to the infirmary, where upon waking up, he proceeded to bend over in an attempt to lick his genitals."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

13. Post #4053
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,928 Posts
    "D-████ was reported to have begun urinating and defecating on his bunk in response to the presence of nearby D-class personnel. Upon being approached by guards for disciplinary action, D-████ backed into a wall, assumed a hunched-over posture, and began making hissing noises while swatting the air in front of him. D-████ was subsequently tranquilized and transported to the infirmary, where upon waking up, he proceeded to bend over in an attempt to lick his genitals."
    "Subject D-████ reported to Dr.████████ with a small stick in his mouth. D-████ Dropped it at his feet and then preceded to clean himself with his tongue. Dr.████████ Questioned him and D-████ Simply crawled away on all fours."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #4054
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,246 Posts
    D-class numbers are sort of relevant and also don't identify specific people so please use numbers please
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

15. Post #4055
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,750 Posts
    Should they like turn into the animal if left unattended to?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5 (list)

16. Post #4056
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,712 Posts
    Should they like turn into the animal if left unattended to?
    That's just silly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

17. Post #4057
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,697 Posts
    Hey guys, what is a pretty dangerous SCP that is rather small and an object that needs to be kept in an observable vault?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #4058
    October 2011
    182 Posts
    Hey guys, I wrote yet another SCP-1799,Mr.Laugh, the worlds most depressed clown.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #4059
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,928 Posts
    D-class numbers are sort of relevant and also don't identify specific people so please use numbers please
    D-4580792 Disagrees

Can't you write "D-XXX-1" Where the XXX is the SCP being tested?

20. Post #4060
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,246 Posts
    D-4580792 Disagrees

Can't you write "D-XXX-1" Where the XXX is the SCP being tested?
    I just meant that you shouldn't redact them. If there's only one D-class in your logs still don't do that, just refer to them as "(the) D-class" or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

21. Post #4061
    April 2009
    844 Posts
    I do some mapping and voice acting, not professional level but i can do character voices and such. Dont know if i would be of any help?

22. Post #4062
    The Savior of FP
    May 2010
    5,629 Posts
    You guys ever consider a game were instead of using scps, you are the scp?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8Artistic Artistic x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

23. Post #4063
    Why do I have to live with a cake roll in my arm? ;_;
    November 2009
    2,278 Posts
    Genius.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #4064
    Clef Dies: Source
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

25. Post #4065
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,928 Posts
    Item #: SCP-XXX

Object Class:Euclid

Special Containment Procedures:
    Specimens of SCP-XXX are to be frozen, And contained in the airtight containment vault at site-██. Should a containment breach occur, All infected specimens are to be sedated and strapped down, if possible. If not, Then the subject is to be terminated. SCP-XXX Is not transferable unless stage 3 is reached.

Description: SCP-XXX Is Visibly a specimen of Cestoda. When SCP-XXX Enters a subject digestive track, It's anomalous effect will begin. The infection is classified in stages:
    Stage 1:
    This occurs between ██ and ████ seconds of infection. Subject will complain of headaches and digestive pain for appropriately ██ hours, Before going into convulsions due to multiple cysts in the brain and cranial area, And will fall into a coma. After ███ hours, The subject enters stage 2

Stage 2: The subject will Re-Awaken and become dazed and confused. Scans have shown that, During the ███ hour Coma The subjects brain has shrunk by appropriately ██ Cm. The Subject will lose between ██ and ██ IQ points, And will become highly susceptible to suggestion, Often complying with any command, Even self harming.

Stage 3: After ██ hours of a stage 2 infection, The subject will once again go into convulsions and then a coma, For appropriately ██ seconds. During this time, The subjects brain will rapidly change to that of any semi-intelligent species, Including Felis catus, Canis lupus familiaris, Or ███████ █████████. After this change is made, The subject will begin to act and respond the same way that the respective animal would. Subjects "turning" into Cats, and Dogs only replace the intelligence and response of the subject, The body of the subject will receive no change, Apart from the skin becoming slightly more red and irritated.

Testing Logs
    Test #: 1
    Conducted By: Dr. ██████
    Test: D-XXX-1 to be infected with SCP-XXX, And all effects to be observed
    Results: D-XXX-1 follows normal results, And has his brain replaced by that of a feline after ██ Hours. Subject was given a small ball of string, And proceeded to "play" with it like a regular cat would. Subject administered "Catnip", Provided by agent ██████. Subject [REDACTED]. Multiple casualties. Subject terminated

Test #: 2
    Conducted By: Dr. ██████
    Test: D-XXX-2 to be infected with SCP-XXX, And all effects to be observed
    Results: D-XXX-2 Had his brain replaced with that of a common, Household dog. Test determined it to have belonged to a Golden Retriever. Agent ██████ Threw a tennis ball, And D-XXX-2 Proceeded to crawl on his hands and knees to the ball, Before grabbing it in his mouth, And returning it to the agent, And refused to drop it. The agent Wrestled with D-XXX-2 For a short time before retrieving the ball. D-XXX-2 was Disciplined with a rolled up newspaper found nearby.

Test #:3
    Conducted By: Agent ██████ and Agent ████
    Test: D-XXX-3 To be infected, and attempted to be cured before stage 3
    Results: Any attempt to remove SCP-XXX from the digestive system where successful. However the infection remained, And could only be cured by a dose of SCP-500, after █ Hour of Attempts. D-XXX-3 Now responds to the name "Elvis" Instead of his Class D resignation, Or his previous name. D-XXX-3 Has also displayed his affinity for Biscuits, While he "Hated the damn things" before the test. It seems that some of the transformation cannot be reversed. Subject terminated at the end of the month.

Test #:4
    Conducted By: Dr.███
    Test: D-XXX-4 and D-XXX-2 to be placed in the same room and observed.
    Results: D-XXX-4 (With a Feline brain due to SCP-XXX infection) and D-XXX-2 are placed in a room together. After █ seconds, D-XXX-2 attempted to sniff D-XXX-4, Who responded by hitting D-XXX-2 in the nose, D-XXX-2 responded by making a loud "Bark" noise. D-XXX-4 Moved to the corned of the room and made a low growling sound. At this point one of the guards enters the room with a rolled up magazine from the nearby staff room and subdues D-XXX-2. D-XXX-4 Stays in the corner, And is recovered with a spray bottle, Filled with normal water.

It seems that a rolled up newspaper is effective on the Dog infected subjects, And water is great for the Cat ones. Keep this in mind while testing. -Dr.██████

Agent ████ expressed his desire to keep D-XXX-2 as a pet. Denied, Due to possible infection risk

Damnit -Agent ████
    :V
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 11Funny Funny x 2 (list)

26. Post #4066
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,415 Posts
    Not to rain on the parade, but wouldn't that be pretty much any game where you have super powers?
    Prototype comes to mind as an example.

27. Post #4067
    Do the Shakey Jakey
    April 2011
    2,452 Posts
    682: The Game
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #4068
    Biggest Homosex
    February 2011
    2,673 Posts
    Not to rain on the parade, but wouldn't that be pretty much any game where you have super powers?
    Prototype comes to mind as an example.
    What if you were playing as SCP-991?

29. Post #4069
    You walk around your containment cell and cause containment breaches and get recaptured and cause some more containment breaches

GOTY
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Argentina Show Events Funny Funny x 14 (list)

30. Post #4070
    June 2010
    3,836 Posts
    The best SCP:

IT'S MOTHERFUCKING PASTA! IT'S SO MUCH GODDAMN MOTHERFUCKING PASTA!

http://www.scp-wiki.net/retrieval-log-db-503-b

More fucking pasta came out of the door, god-fucking-dammiiiiiiit

Edited:

someone make a game about it quick
    man now i really want some pasta
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

31. Post #4071
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,158 Posts
    you could have a puzzle-based game where you're 914 and you've got to find the correct object to replace he one you're given with

or a stealth-based game where you're one of those creatures that you can only see in infra-red, and you've got to escape the facility without being detected

Edited:

also, I want to write some Foundation Tales but I have absolutely no idea how to get my submission accepted

I'm fairly certain that I'll be contributing a good amount of time to writing, and people seem to like the things I make, but I really doubt they'll let me in

32. Post #4072
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    24,415 Posts
    What if you were playing as SCP-991?
    Playing as? Not sure that makes sense, though you may be on the right track: What about using inanimate SCP's as weapons to temporarily or permanently incapacitate guards in unusual manners. Thinking bad things while using SCP-991 on yourself, then injecting a guard with those thoughts to mindfuck him while you escape. Or tagging a guard with SCP-113, incapacitating him for roughly 25 seconds, or permanently if he dies, indefinitely if he grows too horrified / concerned about what just happened to pursue you.

An SCP based stealth / escape game could be rather fun and interesting actually.

33. Post #4073
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,750 Posts
    It's actually Taenia solium

34. Post #4074
    PM ME FOR /TWO\ RUST KEYS!!
    April 2011
    5,847 Posts
    What's the name of that SCP of camera footage? They made a gif with it, wanna scare some guys in a stream.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

35. Post #4075
    Biggest Homosex
    February 2011
    2,673 Posts
    Playing as? Not sure that makes sense, though you may be on the right track: What about using inanimate SCP's as weapons to temporarily or permanently incapacitate guards in unusual manners. Thinking bad things while using SCP-991 on yourself, then injecting a guard with those thoughts to mindfuck him while you escape. Or tagging a guard with SCP-113, incapacitating him for roughly 25 seconds, or permanently if he dies, indefinitely if he grows too horrified / concerned about what just happened to pursue you.

An SCP based stealth / escape game could be rather fun and interesting actually.
    No, I mean, you are the syringe.

Just sitting there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

36. Post #4076
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,792 Posts
    No, I mean, you are the syringe.

Just sitting there.
    That would be like playing as me... I mean I... I mean me... fuck.

37. Post #4077
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,928 Posts
    It's actually Taenia solium
    Meh, You get the point :V

38. Post #4078
    January 2010
    5,321 Posts
    I can see this being like a parody of those shark flash games, the ones where you rampage through boats and people and shit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

39. Post #4079
    February 2010
    6,253 Posts
    Why not SCP-666-J game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #4080
    The Savior of FP
    May 2010
    5,629 Posts

Wheatly was recently hired by the foundation.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 6Funny Funny x 5 (list)