1. Post #4721
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,306 Posts
    Guys before I write my SCP idea just how many SCPs are there which are animated paintings?
    I got a cool twist in mind but just wanna know to see if it's too saturated.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

2. Post #4722
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,147 Posts
    That gives me the idea of what would happen if we showed 682 a picture of 096? Would 682 suddenly not have eyes, or would 096 not even register 682 looking at it's picture for some reason?
    They tried that before, IIRC.

Guys before I write my SCP idea just how many SCPs are there which are animated paintings?
    I got a cool twist in mind but just wanna know to see if it's too saturated.
    There is a living picture and living paint on walls.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

3. Post #4723
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,306 Posts
    So there's only 2?
    Also can someone link the sandbox thing for me to start writing it?

4. Post #4724
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,239 Posts
    Actually, there are 25 SCPs under the tag "Artistic".

Edited:

A few of those are things like tattoos and pens etc, but I'd say at least 1/3 of them are "picture" SCPs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #4725
    August 2009
    2,842 Posts
    Isn't 096 dead?
    I was wondering the same thing. On one hand they acted like they were going to make that researcher terminate it himself and probably die in the process, but on the other hand there's no actual termination log and it seems like the thing is almost as impervious to damage as 682. Or at least capable of shrugging off almost all ballistic weaponry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #4726
    October 2011
    182 Posts
    Isn't 096 dead?

Nope. Shy guy is alive
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #4727
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    3,815 Posts
    That gives me the idea of what would happen if we showed 682 a picture of 096? Would 682 suddenly not have eyes, or would 096 not even register 682 looking at it's picture for some reason?

8. Post #4728
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,870 Posts
    nah they did that before and it still survived. it would have made sense if it just turned itself blind because it figured "if they're showing me a picture it's probably to try and kill me" and survived like that, but instead 096 beat the shit out of it and was about to kill it before giving up for... reasons, I guess.

they should show 173 a picture of 096, see whether it's actually a sentient creature or not
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

9. Post #4729
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,983 Posts
    nah they did that before and it still survived. it would have made sense if it just turned itself blind because it figured "if they're showing me a picture it's probably to try and kill me" and survived like that, but instead 096 beat the shit out of it and was about to kill it before giving up for... reasons, I guess.

they should show 173 a picture of 096, see whether it's actually a sentient creature or not
    If 173 and 096 collided, the universe would end. It would be an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object.

Also, 173 is sentient. They took a picture of it with the camera that shows what sentient beings want to be doing, and it showed 173 in its' cell. It's exactly where it wants to be.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

10. Post #4730
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,741 Posts
    If 173 and 096 collided, the universe would end. It would be an unstoppable force meeting an immovable object.
    Add in 682, 076, Dr. Gerald in a vehicle and Dr. Kondraki into the mix and it would most likely end with the end of the universe.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Winner Winner x 7 (list)

11. Post #4731
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,870 Posts
       Also, 173 is sentient. They took a picture of it with the camera that shows what sentient beings want to be doing, and it showed 173 in its' cell. It's exactly where it wants to be.   
    I recall some non-sentient things also had a picture. like, they took a picture of the camera itself using a mirror, and that showed the camera endlessly recurring into a picture of itself. so unless the camera is also sentient it's not definite whether 173 is, either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

12. Post #4732
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,983 Posts
    I recall some non-sentient things also had a picture. like, they took a picture of the camera itself using a mirror, and that showed the camera endlessly recurring into a picture of itself. so unless the camera is also sentient it's not definite whether 173 is, either.
    Fair enough.

Also, I had a theory: Penumbra takes place in the same universe as the SCP foundation.

Why?

This, from SCP-028(location that gives you complete knowledge of a random subject when you enter):

Geological structure of the earth beneath Greenland, including several unknown caves and [EXPUNGED]
    Penumbra takes place in the Archaic facility beneath Greenland.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #4733
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,130 Posts
    Add in 682, 076, Dr. Gerald in a vehicle and Dr. Kondraki into the mix and it would most likely end with the end of the universe.
    Put Gerald in a spaceship on fixed course toward that hostile galaxywhatever instead, that'd be more handy in the long term.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #4734
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,870 Posts
    can someone give me a picture of the Foundation's logo/emblem thingy, with transparency on please? I'm making a skin for a GMod model I have, and since I can't competently write the words "D-Class" I'll just use the symbol as a placeholder until I get good enough at skinning to write it.

Edited:

wait nevermind
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #4735
    March 2011
    3,430 Posts
    can someone give me a picture of the Foundation's logo/emblem thingy, with transparency on please? I'm making a skin for a GMod model I have, and since I can't competently write the words "D-Class" I'll just use the symbol as a placeholder until I get good enough at skinning to write it.
    All you have to do is get a marker, write where you want the words, and then cut along them, then peel off the excess skin.

This doesn't work if you're skinning a cat, so if that's the case:

Sorry about the size.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

16. Post #4736
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,130 Posts
    I think you could fit that inside the eye of a HL2 character.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 7Informative Informative x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

17. Post #4737
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,870 Posts
    I think you could fit that inside the eye of a HL2 character.
    I could probably do that actually

most gimmicky perskin ever

18. Post #4738
    Gold Member
    November 2011
    12,192 Posts

I got the pretzels.

Y͈͎̮̩̗͒ͭͮ̑͑͂ͬ̚͡O̴͈̙̤̗̙͚̫̟͛̊ͬ̂͊̂̈́ͮͭ̕Ű̥̟̲̗̦̺͕ͨ͢͟ ͖͓̬͗̔̀̎ͮ̍̿͡K̨̛̥͉̻̻̝ͨ́ͦ̂ͦ͡I̵̛͕͔͖͛͒Ḍ̞͉̝͉͖̙́̉̇͆̊͂̂̀͞ Ș͉̠̓̄͟ͅͅ ̮͎̫̯̃͘P̶̩̠̥̲̺̟͍͔̿̈̇ͬͭͨͮ͞L͓̘͙͛ͩ͒̇ͩ̐͆ͨͅÁ̲͉͉̫͐ͧ͌̂̒͘̕ ͕̼̝͇̙Ỹ̴͇͙͉̻͍͇́͜ ̼̺̪̰ͣ̄̒͞N̨̞̣̠̹͗͊̒ͧͩ̒̈I̗̖̩̰̦̺̮ͤͭ̇͡C̷̡̤̼̏͐͢Eͥ̈́̊̎̏͆͌͏ ̖͚͜
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13 (list)

19. Post #4739
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,130 Posts
    I could probably do that actually

most gimmicky perskin ever
    Put it on the inside of the eye

Not the eyeball but the skin inside the eye
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Finland Show Events

20. Post #4740
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    5,909 Posts

It's 96, Good luck   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

21. Post #4741
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,231 Posts
    So the real question is: how does the Foundation plan to combat a fucking sun?
    Dr.Bright could just drop his amulet thing on it. Then Dr.bright would be a massive star capable of killing us all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

22. Post #4742
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,179 Posts
    Dr.Bright could just drop his amulet thing on it. Then Dr.bright would be a massive star capable of killing us all.
    But it Dr. Bright did that, it would [DATA EXPUNGED] the [REDACTED], [REDACTED] of ██████'s [REDACTED] 682, causing Able [DATA EXPUNGED] 173's ███████ [DATA EXPUNGED] while Dr. Gerald pilots a UFO filled with sacrificial D-class preforming Montauk 110 on [REDACTED] while wearing the always untying shoes and pants that never stay zipped into a [REDACTED] 001 [DATA EXPUNGED] right down 087! Don't you understand?!?

23. Post #4743
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    956 Posts

It's 96, Good luck   
    Anatomy is a bit to extreme in comparison to what they say he actually looks like, pigment-less eyes and a giant jaw that goes up to four meters, but other than that it's a completely normal human head, this looks a bit to exaggerated all in all
    0/10 would not fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 14 (list)

24. Post #4744
    aaaaaaaaAAAAAAAA
    May 2011
    1,444 Posts
    0/10 would not fuck.
    It would give fantastic blowjobs though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #4745
    Blue Member
    October 2006
    9,499 Posts
    It would give fantastic blowjobs though
    Iunno, man, I'm pretty well hung, but if his jaw is hanging like that, even I would hotdog-hallway that shit..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

26. Post #4746
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,414 Posts
    I thought the solution to everything was to have Dr. Rights show her breasts.
    Where did that come from?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

27. Post #4747
    August 2009
    2,842 Posts

It's 96, Good luck   
    Too bad drawings don't trigger the effect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Winner Winner x 1 (list)

28. Post #4748
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    4,983 Posts
    Too bad drawings don't trigger the effect.
    Too bad? So you mean you want to be murdered to death by Mr Struts on steroids?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #4749
    Not that bad of a seed
    January 2011
    10,818 Posts
    Too bad? So you mean you want to be murdered to death by Mr Struts on steroids?
    He's saying "too bad" because the way swampie acted made it sound like he wanted all of us to become SCP-096-1 (the victim).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #4750
    December 2011
    1,453 Posts
    I'm kind of new to SCP but I have been reading a lot recently and they are fantastic. A lot of them creep me the fuck out, but mostly the more subtle ones like SCP 026. It can't rip your head off if you turn your back for a second but imagining yourself inside of it is really scary. Most of them are really creative and introduce a lot of weird concepts.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

31. Post #4751
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,870 Posts
    whatever happened to that SCP: Source mod some people were making? is that still ongoing?

32. Post #4752
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,691 Posts
    whatever happened to that SCP: Source mod some people were making? is that still ongoing?
    Yes it is, we do NOT want to be another no-show group like so many mods before. It is going to be a long time until we release something publicly but it is only for the best and so we don't end up disappointing the community we hope to impress.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

33. Post #4753
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    5,478 Posts
    I still think we should try putting a D-Class on the Moon or Mars or something and give them a photo of 096. Or if we seal the D-Class inside an alternate dimension or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events

34. Post #4754
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,132 Posts
    They showed two fullbright rooms so i doubt it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

35. Post #4755
    Stardust crusader
    March 2009
    2,846 Posts
    Read Quinn's post above.

36. Post #4756
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,691 Posts
    Read Quinn's post above.
    I am fairly sure he was talking about SCP-096, not me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

37. Post #4757
    Stardust crusader
    March 2009
    2,846 Posts
    He said 'fullbright rooms' which I can only assume refers to the screenshots of the map you guys worked on, considering the other post about 096 said nothing about those.

38. Post #4758
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,870 Posts
    They showed two fullbright rooms so i doubt it
    actually I remember Quinn posted a short walkthrough to an SCP containment chamber in the Containment Breach thread that was actually really quite atmospheric, as well as another short video set in the maintenance areas

so yeah

39. Post #4759
    Tophat Enthusiast
    July 2011
    3,691 Posts
    actually I remember Quinn posted a short walkthrough to an SCP containment chamber in the Containment Breach thread that was actually really quite atmospheric, as well as another short video set in the maintenance areas

so yeah
    That wasn't me, most likely Sir or Geo. Keep in mind this is an active thing, we just don't want to be idiots about it and create pages like 'SCP SOURCE IN WORK, LOOKING FOR DEVS'. We are all competent dudes, it just depends on how it all works out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

40. Post #4760
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    4,518 Posts
    Still alive...