1. Post #5001
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,998 Posts
    I wanted to show the SCP I made, but my application got declined. Perhaps it was a little too whimsical. I'm trying again, though...
    did you use the chocolate rain?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

2. Post #5002
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,189 Posts
    I'm currently reading through the FAQ and haven't even found the chocolate rain :saddowns:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

3. Post #5003
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,998 Posts
    I'm currently reading through the FAQ and haven't even found the chocolate rain :saddowns:
    read through all the material meant for new users. AFAIK they swap around which parts has the password in, as well as what the password is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #5004
    May 2007
    741 Posts
    Application declined again. Give me a hand here, people.

How's this: "I'm a XX year old XXXXian citizen. I am absolutely dazzled by the sheer magnitude of great ideas posted on this website. I would love to contribute in the best ways possible."

Password? Seriously.    That's pretty cool, though.   

I reread everything and I found out the password is not "chocolate rain" anymore. Embarrassing, because I did just send another application prior to finding it, containing the old password. Well, I'm off to read about more SCP's until the good doctors decline my application so I can try again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events

5. Post #5005
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,189 Posts

How's this: "I'm a XX year old XXXXian citizen. I am absolutely dazzled by the sheer magnitude of great ideas posted on this website. I would love to contribute in the best ways possible."
    Try this: "<Age>, <Location>, <Gender>. <Reason>. <The password>"

6. Post #5006
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    18,998 Posts

all I did was say that I had lots of time on my hands, I liked to write, and the password. I might have put my age or location as well.

just lay it on the line; say why you want to join, how you'll contribute, maybe some other bit of your information (like age, name, city), and the chocolate rain. that's it. the only reason they'd deny you then is if you say that you live on the moon or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #5007
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,189 Posts
    OR a lot of other things. Don't tell you have writing prowess, don't tell your name (Specifically mentioned), don't be lyrical, don't be poetic, don't, in general, put any extra shit there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #5008
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    An SCP television show could take so many formats. It could be about agents or about researchers, or the shit that higher-ups deal with, or even about the SCPs themselves. It could be comedic or totally serious. The possibilities are wonderful.
    Or, like futurama manages to pull off, it can be all of those!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #5009
    October 2011
    182 Posts
    Made a new SCP, a collaboration with my fellow writer Mr_Wilt.

It is also my 20th article.

SCP-720, Astronomically-Inclined Crane

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-720
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

10. Post #5010
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,191 Posts
    Made a new SCP, a collaboration with my fellow writer Mr_Wilt.

It is also my 20th article.

SCP-720, Astronomically-Inclined Crane

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-720
    You kind of said the same thing twice here.

When introduced to fuel, and if enough workable material is nearby, SCP-720 will activate, and remain active until it exhausts its fuel, its workable material, or both. It will remain in this state until it runs out of fuel or exhausts the available material.
    But otherwise interesting, if not mundane. Not that that's a bad thing, too many SCPs are "evil destroy everything."

11. Post #5011
    January 2010
    5,245 Posts
    How did you get a pre-1000s slot? Did the previous 720 get terminated?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

12. Post #5012
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,196 Posts
    In my opinion, the only way that an SCP should be able to get a spot before it, is to kill the previous SCP with it's own hands/claws/powers.

13. Post #5013
    August 2009
    12,424 Posts
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Unit_2

You guys ever watched this show? I watched it when it first came out because I loved the camp and the premise. I saw the discussion about a Foundation (and another thing, does anyone think that it sounds better when referred to as "The Foundation" as opposed to "SCP"?) TV show and it popped into my head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #5014
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,189 Posts
    guys

Edited:

SCP-617-J - Extra-Special Containment Procedures

15. Post #5015
    October 2011
    182 Posts
    How did you get a pre-1000s slot? Did the previous 720 get terminated?
    719, 720 and 721 were consolidated into one thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Informative Informative x 7 (list)

16. Post #5016
    January 2010
    5,245 Posts
    719, 720 and 721 were consolidated into one thing.
    Oh wow, what were they all before? What were they consolidated into?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #5017
    March 2011
    3,552 Posts
    Oh wow, what were they all before? What were they consolidated into?
    I'm guessing it was God's Hand, Wrath, and Ears, or whatever it was.

Edited:

In my opinion, the only way that an SCP should be able to get a spot before it, is to kill the previous SCP with it's own hands/claws/powers.
    brb writing new 682.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #5018
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,191 Posts
    brb writing new 682.
    "The Even More Unkillable Amphibian?"

19. Post #5019
    January 2010
    5,245 Posts

brb writing new 682.
    I can't even begin to describe the levels on which this feels meta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #5020
    May 2007
    741 Posts
    I invite anyone to play in my sandbox.

http://scpsandbox2.wikidot.com/drprophet
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events

21. Post #5021
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,189 Posts
    I got in and published. Feel free to check for grammatical errors before they find them.

SCP-1214: "The Conga Line"
    http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1214

Remember it is my first SCP. So bash in my greenhorn skull as hard as possible. So far, it's not going well.
    Q: Why didn't you go ask for opinions on #site19 @ synIRC or post that in a sandbox for us to read before putting it on the wiki?

22. Post #5022
    March 2011
    3,552 Posts
    -snip-

A: I might have been a little bit too enthusiastic.

You are right. In less than 24 hours, the downvote got to -12. So, to all people who want to help me regain my honor, be sure to check the sandbox here:

http://scpsandbox2.wikidot.com/drprophet
    I don't know if you're still looking for grammar help and general nitpicking but here you go.

The second sentence is incomplete, and the information therein presented seems unnecessary.
    When describing the culture, uncertain is a poor word to use. A better one might be unidentified or mysterious. The list should be indented, and the word avoids should not be underlined. The diameter of the string should not be discussed in uncertain terms, especially when a trailing zero is added. The ellipsis at the end of the paragraph is bad form, I'd replace it with a full stop. The first sentence of the next paragraph is incomplete.

The conventions for describing magnitudes keeps changing throughout the article, and in this particular sentence you change twice. Notice in the fourth paragraph of the description the name of the number and unit are spelled out in full outside the bracket, and then the number and short form of the unit are given within the bracket. Remember that units are always pluralized unless preceded by a 1. In keeping with the rest of the article, the measurements in the fifth paragraph should be so written:

The metal ball masses one hundred fifty grams (150 g), and is forty-five millimeters (45 mm) in diameter.

At the end of the paragraph, there is an allusion to some sea monster SCP. I'm not sure it's really necessary but in any case, [CLASSIFIED] should be either a black bar or [DATA EXPUNGED]. The black bar is to denote a classified word, data expunged would indicate several sentences. For the sake of brevity I'd simply write the list as otters, dolphins, and SCP-████. Furthermore, the term contradicting is not an adjective. Contradictory, on the other hand, is.

The "very same day," while it indicates the object's affinity for fish, is not something I'd use in a report. For the sake of completeness it might help to describe exactly how much fatty acid is required.
    The phrase, "by the means of," is kind of clunky, "by means of," on the other hand, will do perfectly fine.

I also fail to see the appeal of the SCP. I'm mildly curious as to why it likes fish or does that conga line stuff. I recommend you provide some reason for this, or at the very least an assurance that there is a reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Useful Useful x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

23. Post #5023
    October 2011
    182 Posts
    Made a tale that is the beginning of a series of tales I will be writing about the Chaos Insurgency and the end of the world.

http://www.scp-wiki.net/prologue-first-seed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

24. Post #5024
    May 2009
    802 Posts
    Is there any type of SCP foundation merchandise available? I would just love to have an SCP symbol patch on my lab coat in college next year : )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

25. Post #5025
    May 2007
    741 Posts
    Is there any type of SCP foundation merchandise available? I would just love to have an SCP symbol patch on my lab coat in college next year : )
    Why don't you order the catalogue? http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-000-j

[URL]http://www.zazzle.com/scp_foundation[/URL]   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #5026
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,144 Posts
    No there isn't make it yourself if you really think you need it. Just like everyone else does.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events

27. Post #5027
    August 2009
    12,424 Posts
    Why don't you order the catalogue? http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-000-j

[URL]http://www.zazzle.com/scp_foundation[/URL]   
    Only one shirt? Come on now! Not even one with "D CLASS" or the SCP logo?

28. Post #5028
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,144 Posts
    The foundation is crowdsourced and so is your merchandise if you want it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

29. Post #5029
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    791 Posts
    Next video out, what do you think?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

30. Post #5030
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,144 Posts
    It's a video using loads of effects to seem like an old video but uses even more effects that didn't even exist during that time.

31. Post #5031
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    791 Posts
    It's a video using loads of effects to seem like an old video but uses even more effects that didn't even exist during that time.
    The only effect that would not have existed at the time is the mercury looking one. As for the globe I think it would be possible, look at star wars. Sorry I didn't consider that would break the immersion, just thought an ambiguous blob suited the role of an unspecified SCP and was visually stimulating. If anything I guess the Foundation had more advanced technology at the time? Thanks for the feedback.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #5032
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,144 Posts
    The shados behind the text, the resolution of the text etc etc. I'd also recommend trying to make modern media and not old media it doesn't fit the SCP image.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #5033
    October 2011
    182 Posts
    New SCP, my first Keter Class.

SCP-1178 "Floating ICBM"

http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-1178
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

34. Post #5034
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,144 Posts
    I don't like the "END OF WORLD" part, also I think you meant kmh instead of 1.6 kph

35. Post #5035
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,191 Posts
    I don't like the "END OF WORLD" part, also I think you meant kmh instead of 1.6 kph
    It does in a way make sense. If both sides read that they are under imminent nuclear threat, they will retaliate with like force. A nuclear "chain reaction" of sorts could very well lead to the end of civilized society. It's not necessarily the planet itself cracking in half, but still something that should be avoided.

36. Post #5036
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,189 Posts
    I don't like the "END OF WORLD" part, also I think you meant km/h instead of 1.6 kph
    FTFY. It's not that hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Finland Show Events

37. Post #5037
    Extraction Point
    July 2006
    8,210 Posts
    So this is what I've done so far.

What do you think? I always pictured a lot of the things in the Foundation as being stuck in the late 70's, so Ill begin by making the files look like they are being recovered from that era. Also whats your take on the little "intro song" for the foundation, 70's enough? Really hope people will like this. Planning to make the first actual file by the end of next week.
    OP'd.

I'd also like links to any cool SCP spinoff stuff (like the statue breach game whatever it's called and the infinite staircase) so I can link dat shit in the OP.

Kthx
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #5038
    Dennab
    April 2012
    337 Posts
    Next video out, what do you think?

It would be awesome if you do a parody of StarShip Troopers for SCP

Kinda like the do you want to know more aspect.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #5039
    insert long title here
    January 2009
    15,144 Posts
    OP'd.

I'd also like links to any cool SCP spinoff stuff (like the statue breach game whatever it's called and the infinite staircase) so I can link dat shit in the OP.

Kthx
    Collect them yourself, you are the OP afterall?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Austria Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

40. Post #5040
    August 2011
    702 Posts
    The game is SCP: Containment Breach.
    http://scpcb.wordpress.com/
    Its scary as fuck so be careful if you play at night.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Late Late x 10Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)