1. Post #761
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,120 Posts
    Also, I had a brainwave. What was that SCP called? The one that forces augmentations on you? The mechanical one? I was thinking. If there was an SCP game, the main character would go into that during a breakout by an SCP of some sort as a gambit, and then come out with metal legs, arms and shit that give him basic superpowers (super strength, super agility, better hearing and vision, etc)

That would be a reasonable explination as to how the player survives all the contact with the SCPs. Its better than just being some incredibly super skillful guy who stays in shape and all that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #762
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,837 Posts
    Also, I had a brainwave. What was that SCP called? The one that forces augmentations on you? The mechanical one? I was thinking. If there was an SCP game, the main character would go into that during a breakout by an SCP of some sort as a gambit, and then come out with metal legs, arms and shit that give him basic superpowers (super strength, super agility, better hearing and vision, etc)

That would be a reasonable explination as to how the player survives all the contact with the SCPs. Its better than just being some incredibly super skillful guy who stays in shape and all that.
    Being a modern-day equivalent of Adam Jensen would imply that you're actually supposed to fight SCPs, though.

If the Foundation ever got translated into vidya, I wouldn't want to feel powerful or even above average in it. I'd want to be, say, a D-class who got let loose during a massive breach and has to find his way to safety in an underground facility filled with roaming abominations and hostile containment squads. Basically a more free-roam oriented version of something Frictional Games would produce.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 14 (list)

3. Post #763
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,120 Posts
    Being a modern-day equivalent of Adam Jensen would imply that you're actually supposed to fight SCPs, though.

If the Foundation ever got translated into vidya, I wouldn't want to feel powerful or even above average in it. I'd want to be, say, a D-class who got let loose during a massive breach and has to find his way to safety in an underground facility filled with roaming abominations and hostile containment squads. Basically a more free-roam oriented version of something Frictional Games would produce.
    That would be pretty cool too, and I see what you mean, but think about it. Being part of a first response squad, maybe even finding new SCPs or somthing? There could be multiple characters all based on this massive breach, and maybe during it you could meet doctors and everything. Meeting Dr. Kondraki while running from giant lizards would be pretty cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #764
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,544 Posts
    Speaking of Adam Jensen, does anybody imagine Cain looks like that Arab(I think?) dude from DXHR? The one with the augments, one of the Tyrants. They describe him as being of Middle Eastern appearance and having cybernetic implants.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

5. Post #765
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    5,489 Posts

Mind, I think the additional problem would be how it could get set up to feature enough SCPs - I think it's been stated already that not all SCPs are in the same location - they're all held up at various SCP Foundation controlled locations and even then there's the matter of SCPs consisting of entire areas and SCPs that cannot be put into proper containment.

Perhaps a Foundation game could be split up into various chapters which each feature various SCPs. Perhaps doing stuff such as exploration of said SCPs consisting of areas and perhaps having to deal with SCP breaches, like having to deal with some escapees of SCP-896 or victims of that Duct Tape SCP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events

6. Post #766
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,837 Posts
    Speaking of Adam Jensen, does anybody imagine Cain looks like that Arab(I think?) dude from DXHR? The one with the augments, one of the Tyrants. They describe him as being of Middle Eastern appearance and having cybernetic implants.
    I always thought that Cain's artificial bits were more akin to golem-ish solid metal instead of actual robotics, to complement what the mark on his forehead already makes him look like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #767
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,663 Posts
    SCP-377 made me laugh.

SCP-378 is also pretty interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #768
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,906 Posts
    @Major

How about a boomerang that can slice through anything, is virtually indestructable, and will never harm/will always return to its holder.

oh, and it's haunted too. You can speak with the boomerang via thought when you are holding it/thrown it, so you can tell it where to go and stuff. (haunted with a good, loyal spirit or something. like a dog.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #769
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    12,341 Posts
    Who would you be controlling, though?

An "optimal" SCP game, I think, would be a sort of survival horror-ish deal where you're a standard-level human encountering multiple SCP's. Most of the researchers who delve into the more bizarre stuff are isolated to single projects at a time to avoid cross-contamination; or are those higher-level guys with enough quirks to almost count as supernatural themselves, and thus unsuitable for maintaining the uneasy caution vibe SCP scenarios are built for. I can only think of one sentient SCP off the top of my head who has the sufficient combination of baseline-human traits and freeroam permissions to possibly fill the role, but he'd probably get sidetracked indefinitely due to the reason why he's an SCP in the first place. And if a civilian ever encounters more than one SCP in a lifetime, then he's either been recruited for D-class or there's been a massive breach and a large area of land is about to get glassed.
    Someone make it happen
    I want to ride 682 like a horsie
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovenia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

10. Post #770
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,906 Posts
    Someone make it happen
    I want to ride 682
    I want to BE 682.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

11. Post #771
    Resident dragon enthusiast.
    Dennab
    September 2010
    10,153 Posts
    I want to lay on its' neck and just cuddle it! :3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #772
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    7,760 Posts
    there should be a Euclid SCP that's a copy of Grand theft auto, and it inexplicably makes kids who play it go out and commit crimes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 20Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #773
    Resident dragon enthusiast.
    Dennab
    September 2010
    10,153 Posts
    But then soccer moms will use it as part of a survey to preach their bullshit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

14. Post #774
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Someone should write an SCP about a wallet with infinite 1 dollar bills.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 19Winner Winner x 4 (list)

15. Post #775
    There's only one person in this whole world like you. And people can like you exactly as you are.
    March 2008
    4,552 Posts
    Say, have we done the tale of SCP-1016? A kid decided to write himself into SCP as a soopah unstoppable cyborg hacker, so they did this.
    http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/termination-log-scp-1016
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 15Winner Winner x 3 (list)

16. Post #776
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,963 Posts

So basically you want to play Half-Life.

Hey, go on and do it. It's like 15 bucks on Steam.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #777
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,733 Posts
    It's really weird how they relate SCP-682 to it though; especially taking into account what SCP-342 said about SCP-682.
    Wait, what do 682 and 342 have to do with each other?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

18. Post #778
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    2,837 Posts
    So basically you want to play Half-Life.

Hey, go on and do it. It's like 15 bucks on Steam.
    Because when I say a SCP scenario built akin to how Frictional Games would do it, I mean "Scientist in a powersuit wielding a shotgun cleaves through an alien invasion".

19. Post #779
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,963 Posts
    Because when I say a SCP scenario built akin to how Frictional Games would do it, I mean "Scientist in a powersuit wielding a shotgun cleaves through an alien invasion".
    Oh shut up, it was a rhetorical joke.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #780
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,595 Posts
    Say, have we done the tale of SCP-1016? A kid decided to write himself into SCP as a soopah unstoppable cyborg hacker, so they did this.
    http://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/termination-log-scp-1016
    -snip-
    Didn't see it was given a D rating, reading the page now.

God that was awful. If you're thinking about writing scps and haven't bothered to read(which you should) the guide on how, read this. It's an example of what not to do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

21. Post #781
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    4,895 Posts
    -snip-
    Didn't see it was given a D rating, reading the page now.

God that was awful. If you're thinking about writing scps and haven't bothered to read(which you should) the guide on how, read this. It's an example of what not to do.
    "Despite us confining every SCP to a specific cell we've decided to allow this fully sentient person to wander the cell, we also give him free books and everything but no communication devices!"

22. Post #782
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    5,595 Posts
    "Despite us confining every SCP to a specific cell we've decided to allow this fully sentient person to wander the cell, we also give him free books and everything but no communication devices!"
    We could make a list pointing out all the faults, but I just want to make one that annoys me the most.
    "We'll store him in a closet because he asked too be stored in a closet."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #783
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    4,895 Posts
    We could make a list pointing out all the faults, but I just want to make one that annoys me the most.
    "We'll store him in a closet because he asked too be stored in a closet."

I guess he enjoys coming out of the closet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Zing Zing x 11Agree Agree x 3 (list)

24. Post #784
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    10,843 Posts
    Wait, what do 682 and 342 have to do with each other?
    Nothing, that's exactly the thing. 342 said that he had no part whatsoever with 682, and 342 is GOD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

25. Post #785
    June 2010
    858 Posts
    Here is a basic SCP idea:

How about a necklace that appears to be an ordinary beaded necklace but when worn activates an effect based on the user's karma. Say for instance someone whom has bad karma wears it, it causes them to suffer for all of the things that they've done until they start doing good things to make up for the bad karma. If it is within a certain range the person would be perfectly fine but would have to deal with the necklace burning into their skin like a hot iron depending on how far they are on a metaphorical karma meter. If they were beyond redemption they would simply be killed in the most inhumane way possible or just disappear to a region unknown.

That is as far as I got with the idea, maybe you guys could add on to it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

26. Post #786
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

27. Post #787
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts

How about a necklace that appears to be an ordinary beaded necklace but when worn activates an effect based on the user's karma. Say for instance someone whom has bad karma wears it, it causes them to suffer for all of the things that they've done until they start doing good things to make up for the bad karma. If it is within a certain range the person would be perfectly fine but would have to deal with the necklace burning into their skin like a hot iron depending on how far they are on a metaphorical karma meter. If they were beyond redemption they would simply be killed in the most inhumane way possible or just disappear to a region unknown.

we'd all be fucked.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

28. Post #788
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,743 Posts

I would suggest something other than a necklace. Dr. Bright wears a necklace that contains his soul, so it might be bad to have two necklace-based SPCs. Maybe a ring or something?

29. Post #789
    Gold Member
    June 2010
    2,271 Posts
    This SCP that i made was entirely horrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

30. Post #790
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BAKELITE FETISH
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    make it one of those egyptian ear thingies
    like what jack wears in mass effect

31. Post #791
    February 2011
    279 Posts
    That VersaLife Lab in Hong Kong reminded me of the Foundation.
    I was almost scared to walk around its halls.

32. Post #792
    Dennab
    July 2009
    7,650 Posts
    Someone beat us to the [DATA EXPUNGED] article:
    http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-579
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

33. Post #793
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,733 Posts

Man, if Dr. Bright wore it, it would be [DATA EXPUNGED], [DATA EXPUNGED] everywhere.

34. Post #794
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,613 Posts
    Here's one that I thought of, needs sharpening.
    Item #: SCP-[number here]

Subject Class: Keter

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-[number here] is nearly impossible to track nor contain. Multiple attempts at containing SCP-[number here] have ended with both the disappearance of the workers and the subject itself.

Description: SCP-[number here] is described by it's few witnesses as a tall, humanoid being. It stands at a total of [DATA EXPUNGED] meters, and is often mistaken for a tree by it's prey. Other descriptions depict SCP-[number here] to be wearing something along the lines of a business suit. The final and most deterring point of SCP-[number here], is that it has no face. Instead, it's facial structure has the bones, but no external feature, and is pale white.

Additional Notes: SCP-[number here] has been recorded by multiple people, and tapes of the attacks are available to the public, but will be removed soon due to the SCP code of conduct and protection.

Also, SCP-[number here] has the strange ability to move without making noise or moving the position of it's body parts. SCP-[number here] can seemingly "Teleport" it's way into buildings, forests, off the sides of roads, etc.

When SCP-[number here] finds a target, it continues to hunt them down until the prey is [REDACTED].

Dr. Gears has seen SCP-[number here], but has not been preyed upon, for he managed to [DATA EXPUNGED] it without it [REDACTED] him.
    Props if you know who it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

35. Post #795
    Has volunteered for dissection because the doctor is cute
    May 2009
    20,304 Posts
    Slenderman?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

36. Post #796
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,613 Posts
    Yes

I don't know, Slendy seems like he would be a perfect choice for an SCP thing. A screeny of MH could supply for Dr. Gears' picture.

37. Post #797
    Official worst poster 2011
    June 2007
    8,594 Posts
    So...

You beat me to my question, which was, is Dr. Bright really just an SCP?

Edited:

Welp I guess that explains how the statue killed Dr. Bright 32 times.

38. Post #798
    Valor
    September 2008
    19,533 Posts
    Pretty subtle description there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

39. Post #799
    April 2011
    654 Posts
    I had an SCP idea, a large comic book full of a unpublished newspaper comic that, for some reason, would always keep updating and adding new pages, comics and story arcs.
    Probably already been done before.

40. Post #800
    Resplendent Reenactor
    June 2010
    18,613 Posts
    Pretty subtle description there.
    Yeah, that's why I said it was rough. I would show the Slendy thread, but my toes are cold and I'm tired.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)