1. Post #2441
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,588 Posts
    I never really understood what meta means, only somewhat grasped it in various contexts. Would anyone care to tell?
    I'm going to assume you're talking about the self-referential meta. Deadpool is meta in the way he will make often make jokes about himself or other characters. The movie Crank 2 can be also considered Meta with the final shot of the movie and the scene where the two characters re-enact something that looks like it belongs in a Godzilla movie.

It's something that has some sort of self awareness of what it is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Show Events

2. Post #2442
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BAKELITE FETISH
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts

this painting creeps the fuck out of me
    posting it here because one of you may have a use for an evil painting
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

3. Post #2443
    [b]MASSIVE HOMOPHOBE[/b]

April 2010
    3,562 Posts
    Thinking of that pony one, i wanna write a joke scp about the terrible show "My little pony" that consumes people who watch it, then they become obsessed, before forgetting to drink and eat so they die.
    Don't. It will be downvoted to oblivion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

4. Post #2444
    November 2008
    2,483 Posts

this painting creeps the fuck out of me
    posting it here because one of you may have a use for an evil painting
    find Van Gogh's autoportrait
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Lithuania Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #2445
    Ask me about my Guardians of the Galaxy fetish.
    September 2010
    9,418 Posts
    find Van Gogh's autoportrait
    Self portrait*

You know what I never got?
    There is a couple SCP's that have memory erasing effects right?
    In terms of the SCP universe, how in the hell do the articles even exist? If nobody can remember anything about it, or the fact it exists at all, how do these get written? Do they have some magic goggles that nobody speaks of to let them remember like the Eye-drives used to retain information on the Silence from Doctor Who, or do they just write those articles while constantly starring at whatever SCP it is? If no SCP like that exists however, how would we even know? Arrg, this just opens too many unanswerable questions.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

6. Post #2446
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,020 Posts
    Self portrait*

You know what I never got?
    There is a couple SCP's that have memory erasing effects right?
    In terms of the SCP universe, how in the hell do the articles even exist? If nobody can remember anything about it, or the fact it exists at all, how do these get written? Do they have some magic goggles that nobody speaks of to let them remember like the Eye-drives used to retain information on the Silence from Doctor Who, or do they just write those articles while constantly starring at whatever SCP it is? If no SCP like that exists however, how would we even know? Arrg, this just opens too many unanswerable questions.
    Normally there's a way to recall certain aspects of a memory-erasing SCP. For instance, for that one that, funny enough, I can't remember the number of, they are able to remember that it wasn't a sphere (or square fuck it's affecting me too).

Plus there normally isn't many details on these SCP's articles aside from the fact that you can't remember them, and even then there's normally varying amounts of how much memory is left of the SCP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #2447
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,198 Posts
    I think my brother's new... acquisition is more then creepy enough to become an SCP.

Somebody write about the soul-stealing Pee-Wee.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 16 (list)

8. Post #2448
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BAKELITE FETISH
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    it's that fucking puppet from the twilight zone
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #2449
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,020 Posts
    it's that fucking puppet from the twilight zone
    Wasn't it also in a Goosebumps episode
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

10. Post #2450
    Secure, Contain, Protect.
    October 2008
    7,988 Posts
    I wouldn't live in the same house as that thing if you paid me
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

11. Post #2451
    January 2010
    5,274 Posts

SCP-███ in attack position shortly before recovery by Agents ████ and ██████

Still frame from Agent ████████'s helmet feed immediately prior to [DATA EXPUNGED]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 25 (list)

12. Post #2452
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    3,155 Posts
    oh god i accidentally clicked on the picture and scared myself
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 20 (list)

13. Post #2453
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    6,262 Posts
    Fucking puppets man, chucky and goosebumps scared the fuck out of me as a kid until I grew a pair and smashed the fuck out of a chucky doll.

I should get a job hunting tiny humanoid SCP's
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

14. Post #2454
    June 2010
    3,836 Posts
    I think my brother's new... acquisition is more then creepy enough to become an SCP.

Somebody write about the soul-stealing Pee-Wee.
    I want one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

15. Post #2455
    [b]MASSIVE HOMOPHOBE[/b]

April 2010
    3,562 Posts
    i swear to god all you guys are sissies
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

16. Post #2456
    June 2011
    1,479 Posts
    http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-076-2

After reading the first interview I have developed great respect for this SCP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Australia Show Events

17. Post #2457
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    4,225 Posts
    I'm not really a fan of most SCP articles (badly written high school level horror stories), and this whole "[REDACTED]" nonsense is annoying. But I love the ones where it's not an inherently malicious or dangerous entity, but instead something normal from a more advanced civilisation, or alternate dimension.

Things like SCP-261, SCP-294 and SCP-914. I just love the idea of a vending machine that can conjure anything into existence if given the correct change, or a clockwork machine capable of converting an object into it's base components and reassembling it into a more complicated form (Put in a DVD player, get out a black box that can convert any form of media into high-def content)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

18. Post #2458
    January 2010
    5,274 Posts
    Not all of them are meant to be horror stories. I've seen a good number that are thought-provoking or humorous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

19. Post #2459
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    2,141 Posts
    Not all of them are meant to be horror stories. I've seen a good number that are thought-provoking or humorous.
    The abominable snowman/yeti one really got to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

20. Post #2460
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,198 Posts
    [thumb]http://i.imgur.com/E5Pjf.jpg[thumb]
    SCP-███ in attack position shortly before recovery by Agents ████ and ██████

[thumb]http://i.imgur.com/h7mSH.jpg[thumb]
    Still frame from Agent ████████'s helmet feed immediately prior to [DATA EXPUNGED]

Image captured during an interview with SCP-███ in it's containment chamber, conducted by Doctor ██████.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 12 (list)

21. Post #2461
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    4,209 Posts
    Self portrait*
    Uh, that's what the prefix "auto" means.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

22. Post #2462
    August 2011
    1,047 Posts
    Regarding the 12 Rusty Keys And The Door, I just found this on Wikipedia, possibly related?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

23. Post #2463
    Gold Member
    February 2008
    4,198 Posts
    Regarding the 12 Rusty Keys And The Door, I just found this on Wikipedia, possibly related?
    It's a dinosaur.

24. Post #2464
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,588 Posts

Image captured during an interview with SCP-███ in it's containment chamber, conducted by Doctor ██████.
    "Oh Doctor, you're so cute when you're so serious!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

25. Post #2465
    August 2011
    1,047 Posts
    It's a dinosaur.
    And?

Edited:

Wait, did you scroll down all the way to the bottom?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

26. Post #2466
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,429 Posts
    Before new years eve I saw a rocket battery with the clown from SCP-993 http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-993

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

27. Post #2467
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,588 Posts
    Before new years eve I saw a rocket battery with the clown from SCP-993 http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-993

The battery is probably going to be used to torture someone by someone who watched one of his videos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #2468
    I HATE COFFEE
    April 2009
    8,353 Posts
    What's the scp-number for the endless stairs, which had some kind of face that scared the fuck out of subjects, and emitted a sound similar to a kid crying?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

29. Post #2469
    August 2011
    1,047 Posts
    What's the scp-number for the endless stairs, which had some kind of face that scared the fuck out of subjects, and emitted a sound similar to a kid crying?
    http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-087
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #2470
    I HATE COFFEE
    April 2009
    8,353 Posts
    Thank you! :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #2471
    January 2012
    712 Posts
    Something I made in the "I have found the worst digital artist in the world. Worse than deviantart. [image heavy]" thread and such.

Hope you like it/laugh your tits off.

Item #: SCP-1027

Object Class: Euclid

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-1027 is to be kept in Facility 23, Area 4 in Moscow. The walls are to be made of three-foot thick steel with an airlock. Personnel entering are to be in an airtight, pressurized suit, with a [REDACTED] that modifies the light entering to render the sight of SCP-1027 fairly harmless. The cell is to be guarded at all times by four Class D personnel at all times, two manning the door and two circling the perimeter. Any and all personnel entering must receive permission from Dr. ███████. Any personnel involved in experiments regarding SCP-1027 must undergo immediate psychological evaluation before and after experimentation.

Item Description: SCP-1027 takes the appearance of a young girl, laying in the grass. On video monitors she appears to be normal. However, in person her face and body takes on wildly abnormal characteristics, notably the eyes, mouth, and nose. Anyone who looks at her face directly without protection provided by the [REDACTED] in the helmet will undergo immediate psychological breakdown, and over the course of a week, further degenerate into complete mental insanity, possibly including self-mutilation and talking to themselves. Two weeks after exposure, person[s] exposed will suddenly stop current activity, and go into a murderous frenzy, killing and then proceeding to eat anything that moves.

Those who have seen SCP-1027 have been able to provide a description of what she looks like, an artists rendition has been included:

O5-█: Please take note, any personnel daring new D-Class to "take a look at the hot chick in here" will be placed on Keter clean-up duty.

Interveiw with Subject #028496

Dr. ███████: Please, recount the events you witnessed, we need them for the log file.

Subject #028496: Wha... what was that THING... oh god... oh god why did you show me that WHYDIDYOUFUCKINGSHOWMETHAT

Dr. ███████: Settle down now, we wouldn't have to give you another tranquilizer. Please, recount the events.

Subject #028496: Okay, okay I... I'm calm.

*Subject #028496 takes a moment to compose himself*

Subject #028496: T-they told me I just had to go into a cell and see a girl while wearing a helmet. I... I go into the cell and what I see is just... Oh god doc, you don't want to imagine it. It was fucking insane.

Subject #028496 Those eyes... T-those fucking eyes... And that skin and... Oh Jesus Christ on a cracker...

*Subject #028496 breaks down crying for a moment, then regains his composure*

Subject #028496: I ask what I'm supposed to do and they tell me to try talking to her, I do, and all she just sits there and stares... with those fucking eyes...

Dr. ███████: What happened then?

Subject #028496: I was told to take off the helmet. I do and... and... I... it... OH GOD WHY WHY WHY

*Subject #028496 stands up, proceeding to rip a chair leg off of the chair they were sitting on, then bludgeons himself to death with it.*

Experiment Log 1027-A Results

Subject #028496 is terminated. Result: No valuable data gained.

Experiment 1027-B

We are testing if SCP-1027 is, aside from appearances, in any way special against weaponry or any injury. Experiments lead by Lt. Korvask of Assault Team 6.

SCP-1027 surrounded by four members of AT6, weapons drawn.

Lt. Korvask asks SCP-1027 a few questions, gathering no response.

First test: Melee weapons.

Sgt. Dszhugasvili takes a large katana, approaching SCP-1027 slowly. Told by Lt. Korvask to "Quit stallin' damnit and jab her with it!"

As soon as Sgt. Dszhugasvili gets within four (4) meters of SCP-1027, the helmets protection appears to have been negated, Sgt. Dszhugasvili takes the katana and forcibly shoves it into his head, killing himself.

Second test: Firearms.

PFC Corald takes his M4 assault rifle, aiming it at SCP-1027. However, as soon as he starts to put pressure on the trigger, he begins going into a frenzy. PFC Corald terminated by members of AT6.

Third test: Explosives

AT6 backs away from SCP-1027, and a hand grenade is tossed into the containment chamber. A large explosion is heard, upon inspection, SCP-1027 is unaffected.

Results: SCP-1027 seems to modify the behavior of others around it and is impervious to explosives, most likely other weapons aswell. If method of destruction is found, use is authorized immediately.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11Winner Winner x 4 (list)

32. Post #2472
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    7,239 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 30 (list)

33. Post #2473
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,156 Posts
    Guess which dark, staircase based-SCP I'm making in the Source engine? Yes, it's SCP-087

With accurate features including intense black fog, distant sounds of a crying child, ███ flights of stairs, a disemodied face, and of course [DATA REDACTED]. I might even make a video of one of the exploration logs using it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 15Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #2474
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    6,588 Posts
    I might even make a video of one of the exploration logs using it.
    Please do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #2475
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    4,857 Posts
    Guess which dark, staircase based-SCP I'm making in the Source engine? Yes, it's SCP-087

With accurate features including intense black fog, distant sounds of a crying child, ███ flights of stairs, a disemodied face, and of course [DATA REDACTED]. I might even make a video of one of the exploration logs using it.
    If you use Portal 2 for it you can have it go down infinitely with world portals.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 15Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #2476
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,156 Posts
    If you use Portal 2 for it you can have it go down infinitely with world portals.
    I could do, but the main problem is that there isn't any flashlight button in P2, so you wouldn't be able to see anything.    until the face pops out at you   

37. Post #2477
    Secure, Contain, Protect.
    October 2008
    7,988 Posts
    Can't you still make it go down infinitely anyway?

38. Post #2478
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    1,156 Posts
    Can't you still make it go down infinitely anyway?
    I'd have to make it either a really large map, or set up a complex system of teleporters and triggers, and even then it would be hard making it count how many times you've gone down, so that you can get back up again. I'll probably be able to cheat it for the exploration log, by filming the same section of stairwell again and again.
    Edited:
    Also, if anybody here's good at voice acting, then it would be handy for someone to do the voices of the researcher/D-Class.

39. Post #2479
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,429 Posts
    I could do the voice for one of the characters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3 (list)

40. Post #2480
    March 2010
    934 Posts
    Why is Project Crossover not being discussed? Some of them are pretty cool

http://www.scp-wiki.net/crossoverprojectindex
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events