I had this idea for an SCP that I'm probably going to write for the hell of it one day since the chances of it getting added are a million to one. I'm not going to write this like an SCP article now, I'm just going to slap down my ideas for this thing. So don't expect it to be all detailed and sciencey.
I call it "The Reverse Flashlight"
The idea I have is that it looks like a regular maglight, but when turned on and pointed at a wall, there's a dark circle where all the light has been removed.
Though that seems a bit boring becuase, that's it all it does, it makes shadows.
So I had another idea that if pointed at a surface long enough, matter begins to deteriorate, eventually reality itself starts to dissipate.
When the thing is turned off a big black circle will be left on the wall or whatever you had it pointed at.
The circle is essentially a hole to a big black empty void kinda like those holes you see in loony-toons cartoons.
They could do a test where they shine it on some dude's face and it slowly eats away at it.
Maybe his head disappears and at the top of his neck where his head was, there's a hole to that void.
These articles are really interesting, my favourite is the vending machine one.
Is there an SCP for a subject that causes more damage when held in tougher containment?
"SCP-███ is a [REDACTED] that, despite previous efforts of the Foundation to contain it, continued to wreak havoc among the populace of ████████. It was only during a mix-up with a containment breach that SCP-███ was inadvertently contained by a researcher surrounding it with gift wrap. Said researcher, Dr. █████, thought it was the [REDACTED] he had bought for his daughter's birthday, and was covering it with low-grade, birthday-themed gift wrap and tape. SCP-███ was then rendered benign. Dr. █████ was commended for his bravery and promoted."
Has this been posted yet?
Im writing it down at the moment
My name for it is "Containment Monster".
Item#: SCP 1073.
Special Containment Procedures: working on this part right now
1 .SCP-1073 was found in cave near ███████. Was discovered there after surrounding fauna and flora in the area were destroyed.
2. Contained in regular, small concrete room for further evaluation.
3. Containment breach after 28 days. Subject burst out of containment, destroyed surveillance equipment, demolished surrounding rooms and smashed several guards against a wall, killing 1 and injuring 4, 1 of them severely. Returned to containment voluntarily shortly after.
4. Subject transferred to ████████ for higher security. The subject was reluctant to being transferred out of an enclosed space. Chamber was loaded whole onto a truck and carried away. Classified now as Keter. Now contained in reinforced concrete chamber surrounded by titanium bars. Guards stationed around the room at all times.
5. Containment breach 1 month after transfer. Subject broke through 30 inches of reinforced concrete and 5 layers of 3 inch thick metal bars. Destroyed all surveillance equipment, all recordings, all communication equipment, all electronic equipment. Demolished on his own every single room in the facility, causing severe secondary effects by exposing SCP-███ to the earth's atmosphere. Killed all guards, all personal (on site-two were shortly transferred to a different facility a day before the incident). Several of the bodies were heavily mutilated. Returned to containment voluntarily shortly after. Team ██ sent in afterwards managed to secure and stabilize SCP ███ as well as secure the subject.
6. Subject transferred with what is left of his cell into isolation facility ████ shortly after incident. Specifically kept away from any other SCP. Constant surveillance, guards around at all time. Only personal allowed other than guards was Dr. ██████. Subject contained in specialty containment designed by Dr. ██████ himself, also known as the ████ ███████████ ████████ or NCE.
7. (Apparent) Containment breach 1 month after transfer. Area around containment seems to have been effected by a massive amount of heat energy, similar to the one generated by a small nuclear explosion. No personal, buildings or equipment were left to identify except for the NCE itself and the subject within. Incident reported as a fuel depot explosion. By now it is clear that these breaches occur at regular intervals, of approximately 1 month.
8. During interviews conducted with the survivors of the incidents, Mr. █████ █████ (who was at a different facility as the incident unfolded) noted that the intensity of the outbreaks might have became more and more severe because of the intensity of the containment. He advised to experiment further with SCP-1073 by placing him in the lowest grade containment possible.
Management is currently considering that optionUpper administration has agreed to proceed with testing.
9. Subject transferred to ███████ desert. Subject was transferred from NCE to a 3*4*3 room made of paper. A model house was built outside of SCE-1037's chamber, as well as a model office and a standard containment chamber. Model dummies of scientists and security guards were also placed around. Several cameras monitored the model house and office as well as the paper containment chamber itself. On-site personal and recording equipment were located 9 miles away from the testing site inside an underground nuclear bunker. A 20 mile area was closed off for the general public.
10. Containment breach, as expected, 1 month after last breach. Subject tore through a paper wall. It then proceeded to walk inside the house, where it grabbed one of the shirts on the model dummies and proceeded to unbutton one button out of the total eight on the shirt. Returned to containment voluntarily shortly after.
11. The experiment was conducted again for a total number of 4 times, with a replaced paper containment chamber each time. All four times occurred in intervals of 1 month. In all of them, damage was minimal to none, including (according to order of occurrence)-
a. Subject misplaced a pen on one of the tables in the mock office
b. Subject started tapping on the containment chamber for 6.5 seconds
c. Subject adjusted a wall painting sidways in the mock house, as well as moving a chair
d. Subject ripped 2 paper walls instead of the usual 1.
From here on, I need some help. I'm not really sure how it looks so I need someone to help me out with a description.
Too many full stops, learn to use commas and connectives.
The ways in which the "Containment Monster" causes minimal damage are hilarious, I think.
What I never understood about 087 is why don't they just drop a drone down there?
They may have sent a drone at expedition 4 but whatever happened wasn't pleasent.
I read 93 last night. The article itself is boring, but the fucking test logs... damn those are good. Would make an excellent movie.
This song reminds of numerous SCPs.
173 and 610 to name a couple.
if were posting our own scp's....
EDIT: Mine got deleted/replaced.
Also I think the pizza box is one of my favorites.
Man, some episodes of "The X Files" could make awesome SCPs.
One of them was about a creature that was invisible to everyone else, but attacked people by becoming their greatest fears.
sounds like he just broke out into the start of a metal song
That preview image is just plain unnerving.
In other news, there's another "And then I died" collaboration going on! The aim of the game is to guess what SCP causes the protagonist's death, if you guess correctly, you get to write the next death, and thus it goes on like that, I think it's really interesting.