1. Post #1
    bbc
    ERECT PENIS
    January 2011
    6,028 Posts

http://www.bbc.co.uk/go/rss/int/news/-/news/technology-15076773
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Show Events Useful Useful x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    5,408 Posts
    The question is, will it have all of my apps?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 23 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,628 Posts
    Now that's just cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,753 Posts
    Wasn't there something similar to this in Splinter Cell Chaos Theory? Atleast, technology wise..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    April 2008
    1,581 Posts
    No more laying on a part of the ground that has had the sun shine on it all day and feeling it's warmth?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    105 Posts
    That's some pretty damn fancy windows

7. Post #7
    Contains Vitamin K!
    January 2011
    6,692 Posts
    Only $500,000 per square foot

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    10,631 Posts
    The question is, will it have all of my apps?
    I'd install windows on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,610 Posts
    This is cool, but wouldn't a darker window be absorbing more heat, meaning summer would be really warm if you're close to the window?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Cake like Lady Gaga
    December 2005
    15,816 Posts
    This is cool, but wouldn't a darker window be absorbing more heat, meaning summer would be really warm if you're close to the window?
    i was just going to say this, I'm confused how black = less heat

11. Post #11
    May 2011
    28 Posts
    Probably something to do with the heat is hitting the outside part of the window as opposed to going inside the building. The window is probably insulated to stop most of the heat transfer from the outside pane to the air inside the building.

12. Post #12
    August 2009
    4,580 Posts
    Now only if they can make solar cells inside of the opaque portion, and bam, saving and collecting energy.

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    6,610 Posts
    I'd imagine it would make the majority of that room cooler, but close to the window would be radiating a lot of excess heat. Unless they have some sort of reflective tint on the inside surface.

Edited:

Now only if they can make solar cells inside of the opaque portion, and bam, saving and collecting energy.
    Have the energy collected power the aircon.

14. Post #14
    January 2008
    961 Posts
    UV has a hard time penetrating black. That's why most tinted vehicles are cooler inside.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    Or just get a flipping blackout blind and close your window. The minute i do so my room is like a sauna. This is cool but it'll be unwieldy and highly priced.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)