1. Post #481
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,147 Posts
    I only use XP as a backup Operating System to Windows 7. When a program won't run with 7, or 7 just takes a shit on me, XP is there as a backup to fix 7
    windows XP mode, its in win 7 pro
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #482
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,199 Posts
    win7 pro, ultimate and enterprise actually
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #483
    Except I have Win 7 Home Premium
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #484
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,052 Posts
    Except I have Win 7 Home Premium
    virtual box then. you will need your own xp key to make it work but that is your only other option.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

5. Post #485

August 2011
    4 Posts
    I'm still using Win XP because I don't think my computer can handle Win 7 and I just can't afford a new OS. I'm saving up for a new computer though and maybe I'll get Win 7 with it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP New Zealand Show Events Zing Zing x 2Winner Winner x 2 (list)

6. Post #486
    Clops with bisousbisous daily <3
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    I can prove in cold hard benchmarks that some video games and some general applications run faster (and I suppose subsequently, better,) in XP branches than Vista/7 branches. This bandwagon @#!*% for Vista/7 needs to stop. Vista and 7 use different technologies than XP, which, depending on what you're running, actually make XP-generation OSs far more reliable.

OP is most likely running various applications that run better off in XP.
    The bandwagon? They are the newer versions of the software.
    Also, sorry for the censored stuff in the quote, the place I'm at has goddamn insane internet filtering.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

7. Post #487
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2007
    4,426 Posts
    Bandwagon or not, Windows XP will be unsupported eventually
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 3Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #488
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,052 Posts
    Bandwagon or not, Windows XP will be unsupported eventually
    April 8th 2014

its death has been set for years.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

9. Post #489
    August 2009
    804 Posts
    I like XP, I like the way it feels when I use it, but Windows 7 is just better. My computer came pre-installed with Windows 7, and at first I thought I wouldn't like it at all. But then I realized that it's so much better than Windows XP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

10. Post #490
    June 2012
    62 Posts
    I use XP on my netbook. Perfect for web browsing and running a few old games like Half Life: Oppossing Force.

but on a desktop? 7 all the way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #491
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    1,732 Posts
    I use XP on my netbook. Perfect for web browsing and running a few old games like Half Life: Oppossing Force.

but on a desktop? 7 all the way.
    Most netbooks I've seen were too underpowered to even run Windows 7 Starter properly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #492
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    9,855 Posts
    I'm stuck on this shitty computer with Windows XP for a week. I never realized how much better 7 was than XP. The file explorer is the main reason that I hate it, because I'm trying to get SimCity 4 on here with an assload of mods, but it's so difficult because the file navigation is terrible.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

13. Post #493
    February 2010
    2,201 Posts
    My gaming pc is stuffed and I've been using my backup that can NOT run Windows 7. It's that bad, I tried installing a fresh copy of Win 7 and the PC just shits itself.

Windows XP is so god damn old and ugly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Winner Winner x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #494
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,052 Posts
    My gaming pc is stuffed and I've been using my backup that can NOT run Windows 7. It's that bad, I tried installing a fresh copy of Win 7 and the PC just shits itself.

Windows XP is so god damn old and ugly.
    um

you are obviously doing something wrong.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

15. Post #495
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2007
    4,426 Posts
    Most netbooks I've seen were too underpowered to even run Windows 7 Starter properly.
    I got a netbook free due to disability. It was pretty slow, but there were two reasons for that. Firstly, the crap software that always comes with any laptop and it also only had 1GB of RAM which is more suitable for XP but struggles a bit with 7. When I got rid of the crap software and upgraded the RAM to 2GB, Windows 7 starter runs pretty well on the netbook.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

16. Post #496
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    11,052 Posts
    I got a netbook free due to disability. It was pretty slow, but there were two reasons for that. Firstly, the crap software that always comes with any laptop and it also only had 1GB of RAM which is more suitable for XP but struggles a bit with 7. When I got rid of the crap software and upgraded the RAM to 2GB, Windows 7 starter runs pretty well on the netbook.
    Um, netbooks usually have a shitty processor (atom or fusion) that hardly ever make it over 1.5GHz without paying out the ass for it. They are not designed to even run vista or 7 at all and to get the best out of them is to use linux. Upping the ram would only delay the memory swapping it has to do to run.

17. Post #497
    November 2008
    782 Posts
    Greetings!

I'm using this old computer of mine which still runs windows XP ( sp3 ).
    I've been having some problems lately involving ntdll.dll and my dumbass replacement of core dll files. If one of you could be so kind to host your own version of ntdll.dll for me, I'd be very pleased.

Thank you.

( yes, feel free to rate me boxes. )

(User was banned for this post ("Not a support forum" - Gran PC))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Brazil Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #498
    Gold Member
    March 2012
    191 Posts
    I was stuck with windows XP for years and finally used Windows 7 around late 2011.