1. Post #1
    January 2011
    39 Posts
    So, the tech guys here have just installed a dozen or so thousand-dollar Meru AP320i access points around the building. Problem is, they're pieces of shit. Essentially, it's a router that can run two separate access points and manage the traffic for each. There's a secured one for authorized devices and an unsecured public network for anyone bringing in a PDA or laptop or what have you. They all seem to choke a few minutes after connecting. You can browse the internet for a few minutes, but it'll inevitably stop letting you connect outside of the network.

So, just wondering if anyone has some access to their support docs. I can't find anything posted openly and accessing it from their website requires a login I don't have. I'd like to at least get an idea of what's going on and if there's anything I can do to fix 'em.

2. Post #2
    Dennab
    November 2010
    4,519 Posts
    My old secondary school had them, they could take up to 15 connected devices each then they just crapped out and booted everyone off.

3. Post #3
    January 2011
    39 Posts
    My old secondary school had them, they could take up to 15 connected devices each then they just crapped out and booted everyone off.
    And they cost a grand each. :V:

Absolutely horrendous. There were three people connected to it around noon when it stopped working.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Dennab
    November 2010
    4,519 Posts
    I wonder if there are any unofficial firmware patches, as the hardware can't suck, surely.

5. Post #5
    January 2011
    39 Posts
    Honestly, they're expensive enough that I don't really see people fucking with them.

Like, really, I can't find ANYTHING on these devices that isn't on their site.