1. Post #121
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,363 Posts
    Fastest average speed limits, but with some heavy downsides and you're unlikely to actually reach those speeds or get anywhere near them. Sky are best, imo. I've got unlimited downloads and a speed decent enough to play multiplayer games.
    With Sky Broadband my connection is throttled after around 7PM, I cannot load any YouTube videos apart from 320p and 240p quality, however during the day a 1080p video will buffer fine.

Edited:

Anyway, back on topic, I got around to playing it with a friend on Multiplayer, I forgot to tell him about the dangers that lie inside of the mountain, so he dug in from the top and immediately fell into a bunch of mobs and was completely raped. I on the other hand started on a small farm and a house on the side of the island near the spawn area. It's a beautiful map if i'm honest.

2. Post #122
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    5,945 Posts
    I set up my own goal board to follow the challenges

Each with it's own ranking for how well I had completed the challenge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Winner Winner x 12Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    5,945 Posts
    Progress:

And now onto the next pack of challenges
    Other side of the goal board

If I'll manage to ace the remaining challenges, I'll get a final rank of Double S which is pretty much Perfect.

Edited:

How the hell did it not auto-merge.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,451 Posts
    Is there an SMP server using this map?

5. Post #125
    August 2009
    1,206 Posts
    Is there an SMP server using this map?
    Not yet.

6. Post #126
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,569 Posts
    How the hell did it not auto-merge.
    Automerge ends after half an hour, iirc.

7. Post #127
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,363 Posts
    Im not sure, but do the LethalDrive trial servers let you use custom maps? If so we could just set up a server and play for an hour.

8. Post #128
    August 2009
    1,206 Posts
    Im not sure, but do the LethalDrive trial servers let you use custom maps? If so we could just set up a server and play for an hour.
    Lethaldrive supports ftp, so yes, it's possible.

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,569 Posts
    Small, final update regarding the Mediafire issue.
    Dear Alfie,

I am sorry to hear that you are unable to access the Mediafire website.

To put things in to perspective, IWF does not itself block websites but does provide a list of URLs for member organisations to facilitate URL blocking (not IP address or domain level blocking) ensuring that only the exact URLs containing the potentially illegal content is blocked. Please bear in mind that the blocking solutions are owned and operated by the IWF URL licensees and are not under the direct control of the IWF. Please can I direct you to the IWF website page http://www.iwf.org.uk/services/blocking that explains more regarding the IWF URL list.

With regards to mediafire.com we do action specific URLs from time to time but it is never at the domain level and there is no reason why you should not be able to access legitimate parts of the website.

Because we received another complaint the previous day, we have been talking to Sky. On investigation they have found a network issue with regards to such URLs and it has been addressed. In the meantime we expedited the law enforcement involvement and with discussion with Mediafire, the offending URL was deleted and hence removed from the URL list.

I am sure you should be now able to access mediafire.com without a problem.

I hope this has helped however please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any further questions.

Regards,

Bino
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

10. Post #130
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    42,022 Posts
    Double S which is pretty much Perfect.
    nazi
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #131
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,363 Posts
    Who would actually consider playing this on multiplayer? I think it has a lot of potential to be a multi-player survival map.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

12. Post #132
    QUACK
    December 2008
    5,169 Posts
    found the little shack thing, really useful for me seeing as it just turned night as i found it

converted it a little, i'll build a house at some point though
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

13. Post #133
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    42,022 Posts
    All of the water freezes on 1.9 right?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #134
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    2,451 Posts
    Who would actually consider playing this on multiplayer? I think it has a lot of potential to be a multi-player survival map.
    I certainly would. It would be nice to have a buddy raiding those hollow mountains.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #135
    August 2009
    1,206 Posts
    All of the water freezes on 1.9 right?
    Yeah, if it's too big of a problem, i'll try and remove the freezing of the water in 1.9 pre-releases. It doesn't happen when using 1.8 right?

16. Post #136
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,569 Posts
    The whole water-frozen thing more than anything just helps farming slimes, since they spawn on it. Other mobs don't seem to at all.

17. Post #137
    April 2011
    654 Posts
    I've managed to build the two story house, and I already got 30 slimeballs thanks to them spawning all over across the shore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

18. Post #138
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    2,784 Posts
    His doesn't have a shipwreck
    original map donot steal pls
    the linked one was made 2 months ago though

19. Post #139
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,363 Posts
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but me and a friend recorded ourselves playing this.

Part 1

20. Post #140
    August 2009
    1,206 Posts
    Sorry to bump an old thread, but me and a friend recorded ourselves playing this.

Part 1
    Cool, thanks for the video, will place it in the OP

Edited:

Added part 2 as well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 8 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

21. Post #141
    November 2011
    5 Posts
    Looks awesome! Will be playing after I post this.

And also if anyone cares this will be my 1st post here at facepunch.

22. Post #142
    April 2007
    1,982 Posts
    Looks awesome! Will be playing after I post this.

And also if anyone cares this will be my 1st post here at facepunch.
    ...aaaand you're already banned. Good job!

Edit: Although getting back on topic, I loved the map. I actually dug my way into the mountain instead of going through the entrance because I didn't know there was one, but it was a pretty fun map nonetheless. Doing the challenges and exploring it was a whole lot of fun. I would also love to play a sequel if you ever made one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #143
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts
    the linked one was made 2 months ago though
    It actually looks kinda cooler in some ways,there's another "adventure" version with the shipwreck as well as some crazy dungeons and altars and ancient machinery and shit,eventually allowing you to win the map(a giant room with a big glowstone "The End")

I'm confused about it though,was the guy on Planet Minecraft the original creator,did OP here steal it,or are they the same person?If so,why wasn't the epic version with the ending uploaded?

24. Post #144
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,363 Posts

Part 3

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,234 Posts
    rakkie20, I know it's quite a lot to ask, but you reckon you could make a sequel? I played this so much, and would love another, more 1.9-friendly version, if you know what I mean...

26. Post #146
    August 2009
    1,206 Posts
    rakkie20, I know it's quite a lot to ask, but you reckon you could make a sequel? I played this so much, and would love another, more 1.9-friendly version, if you know what I mean...
    How do you mean, 1.9 friendly?

Edited:

Cheers, will add it to the OP

27. Post #147
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,234 Posts
    How do you mean, 1.9 friendly?

Edited:

Cheers, will add it to the OP
    Stopping the freezing water? More content?

I don't know, that was terribly worded... I was just so impressed with this, I'd love to see another!

28. Post #148
    August 2009
    1,206 Posts
    Stopping the freezing water? More content?

I don't know, that was terribly worded... I was just so impressed with this, I'd love to see another!
    I'll look into this when i have the time.

29. Post #149
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,363 Posts
    Is this an 'official' update for the map?

I'm assuming your YouTube username is inHazed, since he commented on my video claiming the map was his, and linked me to this updated version with dungeons and more challenges and whatnot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

30. Post #150
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,363 Posts

Part 3 Extras, what happened after we discovered trillions of mobs.

31. Post #151
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    1,303 Posts
    Someone posted this earlier in the thread, but this is a bloody perfect "Punishment" map. You teleport a griefer to it, and make a portal out of it somewhere deep inside it. Amp up the challenge a bit, *Cough* 5 spawners of each kind of monster by the end portal *Cough*, and bam, griefer's worst nightmare.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #152
    Merry Fuckin' Christmas
    May 2010
    5,363 Posts
    Part 4:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #153

January 2013
    2 Posts
    Me and my friend r creating a lets play of this map :) we just started

Gather 20 Slimeballs (done)
    Find the abandoned hut
    Explore the inside of the mountains
    Build a two story house with at least 10 windows
    Build a help sign out of bricks
    Find 10 diamonds
    Make a wheat farm
    Make a cactus farm
    Make a sugar reed farm
    destroy two mob spawners
    Build a waterfall (done)
    Slay at least 5 creepers (done)
    Collect an ender pearl
    Make a giant red mushroom
    Build something from stone bricks
    Make some mushroom stew
    Make a cake
    Build a statue
    Build a MobTrap
    Make 5 Jack-o-lanterns (done)

We've only posted the first one for now.. but here it is

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #154

January 2013
    2 Posts
    Me and my friend r creating a lets play of this map

Gather 20 Slimeballs (done)
    Find the abandoned hut (We think we found it)
    Explore the inside of the mountains (kind of done)
    Build a two story house with at least 10 windows
    Build a help sign out of bricks
    Find 10 diamonds
    Make a wheat farm
    Make a cactus farm
    Make a sugar reed farm
    destroy two mob spawners
    Build a waterfall (done)
    Slay at least 5 creepers (done)
    Collect an ender pearl
    Make a giant red mushroom
    Build something from stone bricks
    Make some mushroom stew
    Make a cake
    Build a statue
    Build a MobTrap
    Make 5 Jack-o-lanterns (done)

Part 2

Part 3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)