What is CellMod?
What functions does CellMod give me?
Calling, Texting, Signal Core, and making your own cellphone company!
This is the Signal Frame that you'll see all the time, at the bottom right at your screen.
Calling function is the most central function in CellMod.
You can /call <player> to start dial, the player then has to approve your call by picking up the phone (/pickup).
Or he can /hangup and don't answer your call.
The calls cost X amount (that is defined by the provider) each minute.
This function will probably mostly used.
You simply /text <player> <text> or /sms
You pay each message sent, the amount is defined by the provider.
This is a core that I made for the CellMod. The basic idea here is that every phone has reception.
The signal core decides how much reception you have, and when you loose it.
It's based on already scripted-in areas from before, and also amount of props around you, if you are in
a area with extremely many props, your reception will drop (It never drops to No Signal state).
I made the reception drop, when you are near very many props. Since then you get this feeling that more stuff, is blocking the signal.
If you try to call someone or text someone, that is inside no-signal area. You'll not be able to send the message or run the call.
If you are in a existing conversation and one of you two enter a no signal area, the conversation will be terminated.
There are currently only already scripted-in areas for signal for rp_downtown_v2 only. Expect more maps in next update!
Make your own cell provider
Make your own company with your own decided prices.
Choose how much a textmessage costs, and per minute a call cost, also
name your company what ever you want!
And give your simcard to other players with /givesim <name> command!
Let's see how many costumers you get!
Doesn't work for G13. Feel free to download it and fix it yourself if you wish
Important Instruction of Install
Download the CellMod zip file.
Unzip it, and place it correctly in the DarkRP folder (It's zipped just to drag and drop).
Enjoy and have fun calling!
The CellMod has not been updated for almost a year, don't expect it to work at all / completly.
CellMod by Blt950
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License
You can find the changelog by clicking here
Future Update Plans
Ideas for next version.
- Remove the default coverage settings. Meaning: The provider needs to build cell towers, to give signal coverage to their clients.
- Cellphone provider company owner gets earning by clients using their service. (Not sure if I already implanted this or not, but it's going to be there)
- A visible counter down in the CellMod frame, showing the current call conversation duration.
- Fix the CellMod not loading properly on each restart of server, and compatible with Gmod 13 DarkRP.
- Make the entities that will be the Cell towers, that gives coverage to clients. A operator's cell tower will only send out his own signals.
- Bad signal will start to break up messages and delay them. Where texts will be simply delayed.
And conversations would suddenly remove characters/words and breaking it up, and also delay them.
- Monthly payment from clients to owner: This will be X amount each payday probably. It will be optional to have this for companies.
- You can change call/text prices even after you've created the company. Maybe also make different subscriptions for one company?
Like two different ones, one where you pay no "monthly" fee, but calls are more expensive, and opposite. That will be up for you as provider to decide!
- Some sort of animation that shows you're talking in a phone.
- Maybe add a optional function for admins to disable/enable PMing, so people don't use it for free messages.
- A GUI for company owners, and players. Players will have a nice view all sent/recieved text messages, and call history and so on.
The provider owners will have all their company settings in there, such as plans, towers, income, outcome and so on.
- Fix GM:OnPlayerDeath, I overrided the function, instead of hook it.