1. Post #41
    November 2008
    402 Posts
    Important

Seems like the newest Garrymod update managed to break CellMod somehow. I'll fix it soon as possible, together with the 1.2 optimization update.

2. Post #42
    November 2008
    402 Posts
    Give it one more day, or two :)

(Weird... Automerge didn't work...)

3. Post #43
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    11,781 Posts
    Just a suggestion. You should add Cell Towers/Reception Depots which can be added around the map for better reception.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #44
    February 2009
    1,361 Posts
    Nice job, Blt950. This module looks great.

5. Post #45
    November 2008
    402 Posts
    Just a suggestion. You should add Cell Towers/Reception Depots which can be added around the map for better reception.
    Its great to get suggestions, but this has already been listed on the to-do list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    11,781 Posts
    Glad to hear, just make sure that.... 'Things' can be added by contenders which can cause 'things' to happen. If you catch my drift.

7. Post #47
    November 2008
    402 Posts
    Glad to hear, just make sure that.... 'Things' can be added by contenders which can cause 'things' to happen. If you catch my drift.
    I don't fully understand what you mean. Try explaining it in a other way :)

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    11,781 Posts
    Awww'
    Well you should add something for contenders to disrupt other cell-towers frequency. Possibly even gut the componets so that the cell-tower becomes useless.

9. Post #49
    November 2008
    402 Posts
    Awww'
    Well you should add something for contenders to disrupt other cell-towers frequency. Possibly even gut the componets so that the cell-tower becomes useless.
    Interesting suggestion. It can make more war between the companies indeed.. But how to make it not very abusive?

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    11,781 Posts
    Not sure exactly... You could have it so the guy can fix it, but it would cost him some cash, but at the same time you would have to worry about someone just being a cunt, and breaking the same cell tower which provides support for customers in hard to reach areas.

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    1,827 Posts
    You could have it so it takes X minutes so hack a tower. That should give the owner (possibly notified of the hacking) enough time to come and stop it from being completely hacked.

You could also have it so less expensive towers are easier/take less time to hack.
    That should cause companies to buy better towers and place them in spots that make it harder to get to/find for the competitors.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    November 2008
    402 Posts
    Okey. The update is actually done.

I'm working on the last pieces to work, and test that everything works.
    Then I will hopefully release it today :)

13. Post #53
    pointblankrp
    October 2011
    882 Posts
    You should make the towers get damaged.

You shoot them a couple dozen times and they get discolored, and lose some broadcasting range.

After a couple more shots, it ignites, and explodes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

14. Post #54
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    11,781 Posts
    The only problem is keeping it so some kids don't decide "LOLSIGNALDESTRUCTION" and destroy the tower without reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    654 Posts
    Joey :D
    Did you see my quote in the video? xD

16. Post #56
    November 2008
    402 Posts
    You should make the towers get damaged.

You shoot them a couple dozen times and they get discolored, and lose some broadcasting range.

After a couple more shots, it ignites, and explodes.
    Why should everything in DarkRP explode when it breaks? :/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    November 2008
    402 Posts
    Update Released 1.2
    Finally what you guys have been waiting for, a optimization update!
    It's now released and ready for download!

The most changes is how the script communicates with server, and clients with server and so on.
    Mostly as just a player, you won't see any new notice.
    Only new thing I added this time was that company owner gets the money their client spents on calling or sending texts. That means you company owners finally earn money by that!

The update might given need areas that need optimization, and contain still areas I forgot. Notice me here if you find some! Also be aware of that you don't have to edit main.lua anymore! I finally made the override function work, thanks to FPtje!

Have fun!

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    11,781 Posts
    Yay!

Also Blt, have you thought about adding this too Open Dark RP?

19. Post #59
    Fight for justice, fight for Manning and Snowden.
    April 2010
    2,597 Posts
    I definetly think this should be a feature inside DarkRP.

20. Post #60
    Gold Member

May 2010
    64 Posts
    does this mod disable the pm function?

21. Post #61
    November 2008
    402 Posts
    does this mod disable the pm function?
    No, as in serious roleplay servers (as MANY players claim they are), the PM function is a OOC function, and cellmod would then be a IC (In Character).
    If you want to disable PM, you'll have to find out on your own how.

22. Post #62
    June 2011
    255 Posts
    This won't work for me, I've dropped it in but it doesn't generate a new cache or anything.

23. Post #63
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,852 Posts
    This won't work for me, I've dropped it in but it doesn't generate a new cache or anything.
    you installed it wrong

24. Post #64
    Divinity Roleplay
    August 2011
    518 Posts
    No, as in serious roleplay servers (as MANY players claim they are), the PM function is a OOC function, and cellmod would then be a IC (In Character).
    In Main.lua

Find this function and remove it.

local function PM(ply, args)
    	local namepos = string.find(args, " ")
    	if not namepos then return "" end

local name = string.sub(args, 1, namepos - 1)
    	local msg = string.sub(args, namepos + 1)
    	if msg == "" then return "" end
    	target = FindPlayer(name)

if target then
    		local col = team.GetColor(ply:Team())
    		TalkToPerson(target, col, "(PM) "..ply:Nick(),Color(255,255,255,255), msg, ply)
    		TalkToPerson(ply, col, "(PM) "..ply:Nick(), Color(255,255,255,255), msg, ply)
    	else
    		Notify(ply, 1, 4, string.format(LANGUAGE.could_not_find, "player: "..tostring(name)))
    	end

return ""
    end
    AddChatCommand("/pm", PM)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    June 2011
    255 Posts
    you installed it wrong
    I did exactly as it says and its all confirmed in, would it matter that I renamed the darkrp folder?

26. Post #66
    November 2008
    402 Posts
    I did exactly as it says and its all confirmed in, would it matter that I renamed the darkrp folder?
    It should not matter.
    But when did you last update your DarkRP?
    Around 2 months old DarkRP already doesn't work with CellMod, have that in mind. I've made a notice about that already in the main thread post.

27. Post #67
    June 2011
    255 Posts
    Nope, I recently updated it to latest.
    It's like its not starting because it doesn't generate a new cache or anything.

28. Post #68
    Divinity Roleplay
    August 2011
    518 Posts
    Nope, I recently updated it to latest.
    It's like its not starting because it doesn't generate a new cache or anything.

If it's not generating a new cache file, then it's either a problem with your host, or your FastDL server isn't set up correctly. Nothing's wrong with the module.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

29. Post #69
    June 2011
    255 Posts
    It's on my dedi box so it's not on a host, and it would generate a new cache anyway whether fastdl is on or off.

30. Post #70
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,852 Posts
    If it's not generating a new cache file, then it's either a problem with your host, or your FastDL server isn't set up correctly. Nothing's wrong with the module.
    a new cache not being generated has nothing to do with FastDL lol

31. Post #71

August 2007
    152 Posts
    In Main.lua

Find this function and remove it.

local function PM(ply, args)
    	local namepos = string.find(args, " ")
    	if not namepos then return "" end

local name = string.sub(args, 1, namepos - 1)
    	local msg = string.sub(args, namepos + 1)
    	if msg == "" then return "" end
    	target = FindPlayer(name)

if target then
    		local col = team.GetColor(ply:Team())
    		TalkToPerson(target, col, "(PM) "..ply:Nick(),Color(255,255,255,255), msg, ply)
    		TalkToPerson(ply, col, "(PM) "..ply:Nick(), Color(255,255,255,255), msg, ply)
    	else
    		Notify(ply, 1, 4, string.format(LANGUAGE.could_not_find, "player: "..tostring(name)))
    	end

return ""
    end
    you actually just need to replace
    with
    --AddChatCommand("/pm", PM)
    to disable PM. If you want to allow PM again just remove the dashes

While what you say is true, unfortunately people in RP servers ALWAYS use PM instead of cell phone mods for their IC "text messaging" needs because they don't want to pay, and the admins are probably not going to enforce it because of how commonplace it will be. Also when you think about it, there is absolutely NO reason to have OOC text messaging other than to covertly alert an admin to something that needs attention such as hacking. Therefore if a cell mod is on a server then the server really should get rid of /pm commands and replace them with a /admin or /report command that PMs admins this way players are forced to use cell phone mods

32. Post #72
    Divinity Roleplay
    August 2011
    518 Posts
    a new cache not being generated has nothing to do with FastDL lol
    Meant to say that the Cache file wasn't on the FastDL server, if he does have one set up, woops.

33. Post #73
    November 2008
    402 Posts
    While what you say is true, unfortunately people in RP servers ALWAYS use PM instead of cell phone mods for their IC "text messaging" needs because they don't want to pay, and the admins are probably not going to enforce it because of how commonplace it will be. Also when you think about it, there is absolutely NO reason to have OOC text messaging other than to covertly alert an admin to something that needs attention such as hacking. Therefore if a cell mod is on a server then the server really should get rid of /pm commands and replace them with a /admin or /report command that PMs admins this way players are forced to use cell phone mods
    There will be a function in next version that disables PM on default. And will be possible to toggle off.

34. Post #74
    June 2011
    255 Posts
    Could you make it so yo ucna change the text and call price afterwards too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

35. Post #75
    November 2008
    402 Posts
    Could you make it so yo ucna change the text and call price afterwards too.
    Please read the to-do list before suggesting suggestion. This is already in the to-do list.

36. Post #76

December 2009
    17 Posts
    Great looking addon :)
    Anyone care to post a IP of there server running it?

37. Post #77
    PROUD BRONY 4LYFE
    February 2009
    3,312 Posts
    You're completely overriding PlayerDeath, could you please change it to a hook instead? It's breaking some DarkRP features.

38. Post #78
    November 2008
    402 Posts
    You're completely overriding PlayerDeath, could you please change it to a hook instead? It's breaking some DarkRP features.
    Oh, whops. That should not happen. I'll fix it to the next update :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    PROUD BRONY 4LYFE
    February 2009
    3,312 Posts
    Oh, whops. That should not happen. I'll fix it to the next update :)
    Thanks

40. Post #80
    November 2008
    402 Posts
    I got some PMs from several people now about not working CellMod in older versions of DarkRP in around 2-3 months behind from now.

If someone knows what could fix this, so those people who can't update their DarkRP because of it's heavy edited, can start using CellMod too. Please contact me!