1. Post #921
    October 2009
    6,243 Posts
    Learned my lesson. Tried using Recuva actually, but the files were beyond restoration. Ended up figuring the issues with decompiling the modded .jar. Did so, compared the files, moved all the mod's .java files and moved them into the .src before editing the imports and getting them working. Haven't gotten around to coding much with it being Father's Day, but I intend to finish off the Destruction Tome by tomorrow night so I can move on to more fun things like the Illusion Tome. (Disguising yourself as a pig and becoming invisible? Yes please.) Also working on making bread require you to grind the wheat into flour, creating yeast using a method similar to the cheese fermentation, then mixing the two together and baking it. I intend to do the same and include the yeast for alcoholic beverages with some new effects and buffs/debuffs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #922
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,569 Posts
    Learned my lesson. Tried using Recuva actually, but the files were beyond restoration. Ended up figuring the issues with decompiling the modded .jar. Did so, compared the files, moved all the mod's .java files and moved them into the .src before editing the imports and getting them working. Haven't gotten around to coding much with it being Father's Day, but I intend to finish off the Destruction Tome by tomorrow night so I can move on to more fun things like the Illusion Tome. (Disguising yourself as a pig and becoming invisible? Yes please.) Also working on making bread require you to grind the wheat into flour, creating yeast using a method similar to the cheese fermentation, then mixing the two together and baking it. I intend to do the same and include the yeast for alcoholic beverages with some new effects and buffs/debuffs.
    Make cheese and yeast placeable, then a few days in the world they ferment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

3. Post #923
    October 2009
    6,243 Posts
    Make cheese and yeast placeable, then a few days in the world they ferment.
    Milk already ferments into cheese via the cauldron. The cauldron is going to have more uses now since I'll use it for fermenting the liquid yeast.

Going to make fermenting cheese take a bit more work, mostly by making it to where a cauldron has to have a fire underneath it to cook it. I'll also make a block that is similar to netherrack in that it stays on fire, but have it not last forever.

4. Post #924
    November 2010
    1,446 Posts
    Just updated my mod today (2 times, 1 is the update itself, and 2 is a bugfix update.)

Changelog:

1.0.3: The Item Update

- Added Rubies.
    - Added Ruby Ore.
    - Added Ruby Sword.
    - Added Ruby Pickaxe.
    - Added Ruby Blocks.
    - Added EntityHumanBase, a WIP API to the Gamechap and Bertie mobs.
    - Added a new achievement: 'Ruby Sword Of Justice'.
    - Added a new achievement: 'Ruby Pickaxe Of Mining Justice'.
    - Added a new achievement: 'Ruby Storage Department'.
    - Moved achievements a little bit.
    - Changed the colors of the Ender Crystal Egg a little bit.
    - Changed the colors of the Ender Dragon Egg a little bit.
    - Herobrine's Heart and Rubies now spawns randomly in dungeon chests.
    - Added Iron Apple.
    - Added Diamond Apple.
    - Added a new achievement: 'Acquire Hard Food'.
    - Added a new achievement: 'Tooth-Breaking Happiness'.
    - Iron Apples now spawns randomly in dungeon chests.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/...he-item-update

Also, a picture of my first texture that is not a recolor () or a modified texture/skin () which is the RUBY BLOCK:

5. Post #925
    October 2009
    6,243 Posts
    If I can critique a bit, I want to offer a bit of constructive criticism. The first thing I want to say, is really good job learning to mod. I have two major points I'd like to offer though, just sort of as advice so you can use your modding talents wisely. The first thing is I'd suggest you work on mods that don't involve "Herobrine", or anything like that. "Herobrine" is done to deathe and just not funny/scary anymore, and there are hundreds of mods that implement him in some way or another. It's just tacky now. The second thing is just to work on the ruby block texture, because the lack of noise makes it look strange.

Edited:

Wait, is Herobrine's heart the GUI texture for half a heart?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

6. Post #926
    November 2010
    5,265 Posts
    Stickcraft is looking really great.

I have one idea though. I like how the barricades damage you, but they work better on top of a wall, like barbed wire. Sharpened sticks/sharpened reeds would be better suited for a pit trap floor.

Similarly placed like cobwebs/reeds, you could walk through them but they would damage like the barricades. There's also the possibility of poisoned ones.

No idea what kind of recipe it would have though.

And regarding Sanbox mod, its looking great too! But one thing kind of bugs me. The recipe for the old wood planks is weird. It's a big waste of wood and it doesn't make much sense.

12 wood for one old wood plank? The ratio for planks put in should be the same as the ones you get. Similar to how crafting Stone Brick out of Smoothstone gets you the same amount you put in.

Maybe all 9 slots of wood would get you 9 old wood planks. Its a decorative block, not something overly important so it really shouldn't cost much.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #927
    Gold Member
    September 2008
    7,702 Posts
    I have an idea for stick craft. If you put one wooden plank block in the crafting grid you get 4 or 5 wooden planks. These would work like wooden fences and could be used for making more spacious houses.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

8. Post #928
    November 2010
    1,446 Posts

And regarding Sanbox mod, its looking great too! But one thing kind of bugs me. The recipe for the old wood planks is weird. It's a big waste of wood and it doesn't make much sense.

12 wood for one old wood plank? The ratio for planks put in should be the same as the ones you get. Similar to how crafting Stone Brick out of Smoothstone gets you the same amount you put in.

Maybe all 9 slots of wood would get you 9 old wood planks. Its a decorative block, not something overly important so it really shouldn't cost much.
    Ok. I'll reduce the amount of wood.

Wait, is Herobrine's heart the GUI texture for half a heart?
    No, it is a resized texture of a full heart.

9. Post #929
    October 2009
    6,243 Posts
    Stickcraft is looking really great.

I have one idea though. I like how the barricades damage you, but they work better on top of a wall, like barbed wire. Sharpened sticks/sharpened reeds would be better suited for a pit trap floor.

Similarly placed like cobwebs/reeds, you could walk through them but they would damage like the barricades. There's also the possibility of poisoned ones.

No idea what kind of recipe it would have though.

I'm going to fiddle around with things a bit. Barricades will serve more as wall toppers and you won't be able to jump over them anymore, Sharpened Sticks will remain the way they are except that you'll be able to apply poison to both the Sharp Sticks and Barricades. I'm also going to change the model render to look like web rather than fencing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

10. Post #930
    September 2011
    5,318 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Artistic Artistic x 1Useful Useful x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #931
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,813 Posts
    Not a bad mod man, just for future reference, don't ask for winner ratings. It makes you seem like a prick. If your shit is good, which this is, people will rate winner regardless.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

12. Post #932
    October 2009
    6,243 Posts
    Not a bad mod man, just for future reference, don't ask for winner ratings. It makes you seem like a prick. If your shit is good, which this is, people will rate winner regardless.
    My mod isn't rated winner that means it must suck :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #933
    September 2011
    5,318 Posts
    It's not even my mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

14. Post #934
    October 2009
    6,243 Posts
    It's not even my mod.
    I feel violated.

Edited:

Thought about it. My to-do list for the Mod is getting long. As I work on certain aspects that take more time, I get bored and move on to the next. Before the next update, this is what can be expected:

+The Destruction Tome will be fully working and able to be crafted ingame. At this point the only work that needs doing is changing the damage based on the enchantment level, the speed at which the entities launch, and the particle effects. The particle effects being the biggest time consuming thing.
    The spells that come when enchanting the Tome so far are Ice Shard, Ice Spear, Fireball, Firebolt, Lightning Shock, Lightningbolt, Explosive Rune and Explosion. Ice spells slow down enemies, Fireballs cause fire damage over time and lightning drains the targets stamina. Obviously explosives explode people.

+Update to bread that includes having to make dough and ferment yeast before you can bake the actual bread.

+Going to go ahead and finish the Vampirism and Lycanthropy I started earlier since I'm doing all this magic shit.
    Vampires
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

15. Post #935
    June 2010
    88 Posts
    This mod is coming a real long way from a placeable stick and I must say I do like the direction it is headed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #936
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,192 Posts
    Does anyone know of any mods that can bring back the old brewing system?

17. Post #937
    October 2009
    6,243 Posts
    Does anyone know of any mods that can bring back the old brewing system?
    With my work with the cauldrons, I may do something similar. The potions made via this method would be cheaper and less effective, but wouldn't require the netherwarts that their more expensive brothers require. I'll have to look into it though, and with all that's on my plate, I don't want to make any promises until I finish the Tomes fully.

18. Post #938
    October 2009
    6,243 Posts
    So now you have to create dough to make bread. First you have to grind wheat into flour by placing it in the crafting grid with an empty sack and a pestle. This flour must be placed in a cauldron filled with water. Over time the water/flour mixture will ferment into yeast which is collected via a bucket. Then with a second bag of flour, you combine the two, a bucket of yeast and flour to get dough. You then bake this dough in the furnace and get bread.

Edited:

Sacks are created with a cauldron shape out of wool and stack up to 8. Later on the sacks will be used in more recipes and be placeable, as well as used as containers. When I finally get around to adding barrels, they'll work similarly. Still have to finish particle effects and sounds for the desctruction tome, but that I will work on tomorrow, and I'll probably have the next update released tomorrow, late tomorrow.

19. Post #939
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    2,234 Posts
    So now you have to create dough to make bread. First you have to grind wheat into flour by placing it in the crafting grid with an empty sack and a pestle. This flour must be placed in a cauldron filled with water. Over time the water/flour mixture will ferment into yeast which is collected via a bucket. Then with a second bag of flour, you combine the two, a bucket of yeast and flour to get dough. You then bake this dough in the furnace and get bread.

Edited:

Sacks are created with a cauldron shape out of wool and stack up to 8. Later on the sacks will be used in more recipes and be placeable, as well as used as containers. When I finally get around to adding barrels, they'll work similarly. Still have to finish particle effects and sounds for the desctruction tome, but that I will work on tomorrow, and I'll probably have the next update released tomorrow, late tomorrow.
    In my opinion the recipe is too large for just the sack; what about 5 leather in a 'V' shape? I mean, 8 wool is fairly substantial considering you need two.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #940
    October 2009
    6,243 Posts
    In my opinion the recipe is too large for just the sack; what about 5 leather in a 'V' shape? I mean, 8 wool is fairly substantial considering you need two.
    I think I typed that out wrong, when I said, stack to 8, I meant the recipe makes 8 sacks. Similarly to buckets, sacks are returned after using them in recipes, so you'll never lose a sack to a recipe.

21. Post #941
    January 2009
    3,903 Posts
    Is it possible to make an object that makes the player hungry when they craft it? Like you craft one and it takes half a ham off.

22. Post #942
    October 2009
    6,243 Posts
    Yes. In the process of working tomes, I realize that the only way to prevent people from spamming "Explosion" is to do two things. First off, there is a timer for using magical weapons, and similarly to the bow, you have to hold it for the full time to cast the spell. Secondly, and most of the difficulty stands in this, I'll be adding a form of "Magicka" to the game. A GUI on the screen like health or hunger, the "Magicka" will regenerate over time and each spell will take away a set amount from it. This will take a while, but I still plan on releasing an update tonight with all the spells and bread changes, but no magicka, and instead just the "Hold Down to Cast".

23. Post #943
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,015 Posts
    Lori, what's the max size in bits metadata for a block can be?

24. Post #944
    October 2009
    6,243 Posts
    Lori, what's the max size in bits metadata for a block can be?
    No idea the max, I've been up to 20 with no problems, but I don't know how much higher it can be.

25. Post #945
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,015 Posts
    No idea the max, I've been up to 20 with no problems, but I don't know how much higher it can be.
    20 bits for a Tile? Or TileEntity?

26. Post #946
    October 2009
    6,243 Posts
    Tile.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #947
    Gold Member
    July 2010
    3,015 Posts
    Hmmmm. Thanks!

28. Post #948
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    6,549 Posts
    -snip i'm dumb-

29. Post #949
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,569 Posts
    my friend and i want to make something truly MASSIVE. like a city or something similar- we are just lacking ideas. What would be a good famous (preferrably old, though we could do modern) city that

A. wouldn't take a shitton of hard to get blocks (iron, diamond, gold, the likes)
    B. not too many giant curvy structures
    C. is somewhat well documented (sketches/pictures of a top-down view, multiple pictures/drawings from inside the city)
    I believe you're in the wrong thread.

30. Post #950
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    6,549 Posts
    -snip, thought it just said minecraft megathread, not minecraft mod megathread-

31. Post #951
    October 2009
    6,243 Posts
    Hey guys, I know it's been a while but I thought I'd update you all on the status of the mod so far. A few months ago I was forced out of work because the owner of the restaurant I worked at had to close up shop. Well, since then I've been looking for another stable place to work, but because of the influx of teenagers looking for summer jobs, it wasn't easy. I managed to get a job at the local Sonic so I can finally get a steady source of income again. Obviously because I'm working full time again, I won't have much time to work on the mod as much as I did in the past week or so. As promised there will be an update tonight, but with much less content than I had promised earlier, but I still hope to get the Destruction Tome finished soon so I can continue working and push towards more interesting magic powers and items for StickCraft.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

32. Post #952
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,569 Posts
    Hey guys, I know it's been a while but I thought I'd update you all on the status of the mod so far. A few months ago I was forced out of work because the owner of the restaurant I worked at had to close up shop. Well, since then I've been looking for another stable place to work, but because of the influx of teenagers looking for summer jobs, it wasn't easy. I managed to get a job at the local Sonic so I can finally get a steady source of income again. Obviously because I'm working full time again, I won't have much time to work on the mod as much as I did in the past week or so. As promised there will be an update tonight, but with much less content than I had promised earlier, but I still hope to get the Destruction Tome finished soon so I can continue working and push towards more interesting magic powers and items for StickCraft.
    Send me the source and I'll try to keep updating it.

33. Post #953
    The Cock Eater
    July 2007
    1,741 Posts

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6 (list)

34. Post #954
    Mega Raffler
    September 2010
    3,008 Posts
    guys check it
    2 cubicles long in creative mode.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Late Late x 1 (list)

35. Post #955
    January 2010
    9,644 Posts
    why did you both post that sword? It doesn't even look THAT amazing really.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

36. Post #956
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,570 Posts
    And it has jack shit to do with modding
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

37. Post #957
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,541 Posts
    Hey Loriborn
    Reminds me of that redstone + slimeball = stickyredstone for walls idea. And then you could have redstone + sugar for "fast" redstone that travels for a longer distance before it finally slows down and stops, redstone + glowstone for redstone that lights up as much as a torch does when active, and glowing redstone torches could be made as a sort of togglable torch thing, like the comparative difference between glowstone (assuming it dropped the block for the sake of argument, like silk touch) and a redstone lamp kinda thing.
    Anything that could be taken onboard there?

38. Post #958
    October 2009
    6,243 Posts
    Hey Loriborn

Anything that could be taken onboard there?
    Saw the post in the megathread and already on it as we speak.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #959
    May 2010
    3,929 Posts
    WRONG THREAD ABORT ABORT
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

40. Post #960
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    4,365 Posts
    I don't know if this is the right place, but it is about a mod, so ill post it. I'm having trouble finding any ores in TFCraft. I've found bismuth and made some pickaxes and went spelunking in a cave with a Prospector's Pick, looking for ores, and i never find any. I had a Quarry mine in a marble deposit and still couldn't find any ores. Am i on a bugged map or something?