1. Post #401
    SirCrest is my life, so is yours.
    October 2009
    7,319 Posts
    I'd love a mod that adds a water block that acts like water did in Classic. I don't want to use Finite Liquids because it replaces the default water or something like that.
    Default water still exists, there's just new water added to the game which is used in generating. Buildcraft will soon be updated to use these liquids. But if you really want i can look into it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

2. Post #402
    October 2009
    7,319 Posts
    In other news, i updated my sun light mod. Get it here
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #403
    July 2008
    856 Posts
    I tried out Finite Liquids, thats not what I really want.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

4. Post #404
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,525 Posts
    Is there a way you can install the Technic pack without launching the game with the technic pack launcher

5. Post #405
    February 2009
    927 Posts
    Is there a way you can install the Technic pack without launching the game with the technic pack launcher
    I would guess you can go to the .techniclauncher folder in application data and find technicssp, then copy the stuff from there into your .minecraft, but I dunno if that would work for sure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

6. Post #406
    Has unclosed HTML tags!
    June 2011
    1,926 Posts
    No, you can't. If you really need to, install the mods yourself and then use Technic Pack's config files.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #407
    Dennab
    February 2012
    1,191 Posts
    Build craft or industrial craft?

8. Post #408
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    1,874 Posts
    Build craft or industrial craft?
    both they are compatible with each other

9. Post #409
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,525 Posts
    No, you can't. If you really need to, install the mods yourself and then use Technic Pack's config files.
    I would rather use the actual launcher
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #410
    October 2009
    7,319 Posts

Open up %AppData%/.techniclauncher, open techniclauncher folder, copy everything there to .minecraft, open modpack.jar and put those files in minecraft.jar

Edited:

I tried out Finite Liquids, thats not what I really want.
    Try this mod, that should do what you want. Although it isn't out for 1.2.4 yet, it's 1.2.3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Netherlands Show Events

11. Post #411
    Dennab
    February 2012
    1,191 Posts
    both they are compatible with each other
    Are they both on 1.2.4

12. Post #412
    October 2009
    7,319 Posts
    Are they both on 1.2.4
    Neither are
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

13. Post #413
    Dennab
    February 2012
    1,191 Posts
    Neither are
    Fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

14. Post #414
    July 2008
    856 Posts
    Try this mod, that should do what you want. Although it isn't out for 1.2.4 yet, it's 1.2.3
    I would try it, except I updated to 1.2.4 already. It also looks like it just modifies the default water, which I don't feel like doing because I don't know what damage might occur.

Actually, the more I think about, Finite liquids would be great if it didn't spawn as the default water in new worlds.

15. Post #415
    October 2009
    7,319 Posts
    I would try it, except I updated to 1.2.4 already. It also looks like it just modifies the default water, which I don't feel like doing because I don't know what damage might occur.

Actually, the more I think about, Finite liquids would be great if it didn't spawn as the default water in new worlds.
    So wait, you want classic water, but then again not?

That mod turns all default water into classic water, and apparently waterfall spawns don't flood the world. I don't really get how finite liquid would work without it spawning in the world..

16. Post #416
    July 2008
    856 Posts
    I stupidly forgot about 1 key property that both default and classic water have, source blocks are infinite. You might as well forget about this, I think I will try to do it myself if I get the time at some point.

17. Post #417
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,819 Posts
    You guys think modders will ever use the MD3 capabilities that Notch added literally 3 years ago? Unless they already have.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

18. Post #418
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,196 Posts
    You guys think modders will ever use the MD3 capabilities that Notch added literally 3 years ago? Unless they already have.

I'm pretty sure he removed those capabilities as quickly as he added them.

Edited:
    Waste of 2000th post.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

19. Post #419
    January 2010
    5,208 Posts
    What in the fuck did I just watch?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #420
    October 2009
    7,319 Posts
    MD3 is a file format used by the quake engine, to store models and vertex based animations. Basically notch added it as a test, didn't like it and removed it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #421
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,819 Posts
    MD3 is a file format used by the quake engine, to store models and vertex based animations. Basically notch added it as a test, didn't like it and removed it
    Oh okay, see I never saw that he removed it. My bad then.

22. Post #422
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,289 Posts
    Does anyone know how I can remove player names on a Minecraft server? I tried using HeroSneak, but it doesn't work for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

23. Post #423
    Naci's Sidekick
    July 2010
    7,510 Posts
    Does anyone know how I can remove player names on a Minecraft server? I tried using HeroSneak, but it doesn't work for some reason.
    With just Bukkit no, but with Spout there's some plugins I've seen that do it, let me see if I can find one.

24. Post #424
    Gold Member
    January 2012
    154 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

25. Post #425
    I <3 OTTERS~
    Dennab
    July 2011
    9,935 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #426
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,289 Posts
    With just Bukkit no, but with Spout there's some plugins I've seen that do it, let me see if I can find one.
    Is it possible to have both Spout and Bukkit running at the same time?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #427
    October 2009
    7,319 Posts
    Is it possible to have both Spout and Bukkit running at the same time?
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/spout/

28. Post #428
    October 2009
    7,319 Posts
    The BetterDungeons mod is amazing, went to the nether for a quick supply of glowstone dust, returned with this:

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

29. Post #429
    I have a 1 inch cock erect but girls cum all over me
    April 2009
    725 Posts
    The BetterDungeons mod is amazing, went to the nether for a quick supply of glowstone dust, returned with this:

And also the fact that after going to a castle and completely wiping out the mobs in it, it will be yours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Korea, Republic of Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

30. Post #430
    September 2011
    5,264 Posts
    And also the fact that after going to a castle and completely wiping out the mobs in it, it will be yours.
    Don't the Better Dungeons mobs come back if you eliminated them all but didn't light the place up? Plus the guy renamed the thread to "Chocolate Quest" or something stupid like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #431
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,289 Posts
    It might just be me who's a complete idiot, but I simply can't get Spout to work with my server.
    (It's currently hosted at LethalDrive if that matters).

I downloaded the SpoutClient for myself, no problem there. I downloaded SpoutPlugin for the server (I was watching this installation video.
    I toss the SpoutPlugin winrar archive into my plugins folder, but I can't seem to navigate to the configuration file. I can't find it. The only thing I want to do with Spout is change player names, but I can't for the life of me find a guide anywhere that tells me how to do it.

Sorry if it's just me being incredibly stupid, but if anyone could help out, then that would be sweet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

32. Post #432
    August 2008
    2,669 Posts
    It might just be me who's a complete idiot, but I simply can't get Spout to work with my server.
    (It's currently hosted at LethalDrive if that matters).

I downloaded the SpoutClient for myself, no problem there. I downloaded SpoutPlugin for the server (I was watching this installation video.
    I toss the SpoutPlugin winrar archive into my plugins folder, but I can't seem to navigate to the configuration file. I can't find it. The only thing I want to do with Spout is change player names, but I can't for the life of me find a guide anywhere that tells me how to do it.

Sorry if it's just me being incredibly stupid, but if anyone could help out, then that would be sweet.
    If you get Bukkit and Essentials for Bukkit than you can use the /nick command to change players' names. It has a ~ before the nickname though, but you can edit the config to get rid of that

33. Post #433
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    2,289 Posts
    Does it also change the name above their heads?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

34. Post #434
    Super Hoborator
    Dennab
    May 2007
    6,479 Posts
    Anyone know if there's a mod to increase your inventory size? I need to carry more shit!

35. Post #435
    June 2007
    2,820 Posts
    Industrial Craft 2 updated: http://www.industrial-craft.net/?p=361 And yes, it is a real update...I downloaded it myself yesterday and it works fine.

It's starting to look like that Buildcraft won't be updating before the release of 1.2.5

36. Post #436
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    7,374 Posts
    Industrial Craft 2 updated: http://www.industrial-craft.net/?p=361 And yes, it is a real update...I downloaded it myself yesterday and it works fine.

It's starting to look like that Buildcraft won't be updating before the release of 1.2.5
    RedPower2 seems to have the same idea.

37. Post #437
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    3,612 Posts
    I dont know Whether to install Technic or Ic on it's own
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

38. Post #438
    Has unclosed HTML tags!
    June 2011
    1,926 Posts
    I dont know Whether to install Technic or Ic on it's own
    Use Technic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #439
    October 2010
    11,338 Posts
    BetterDungeons is now 1.2.4
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #440
    October 2009
    7,319 Posts
    Use Technic.
    Install all the mods yourself. Technic pack breaks a bunch of stuff

Edited:

Anyone know if there's a mod to increase your inventory size? I need to carry more shit!
    Equivalent Exchange has alchemy bags, which are a single item with space for about 2x a double chest
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)