1. Post #1
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    Ok, I figured Id try a new interactive.
    This interactive is set, again, within the rules of "World of Darkness" using its setting and systems.

So Im going to go through a simplified character creation process to kick this off,
    To begin, you have to choose what race you want to play (most popular gets picked)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP 1: CHARACTER CREATION
    Human
    -play as a hunter, a normal person who fights the supernatural
    -no bonuses, no negatives

Sin Eater
    Special ability: Plasm
    Special Rank: Psyche
    -a human brought back from the dead by the power of a geist, but has brought the ghost with them in their new life
    -gain the ability to use the powers of their geist, and be brought back from the dead, but death does damage their soul, eventually to the point they go insane
    -become a conduit for the supernatural, no matter how far or fast they run, the supernatural things of the night will always find them

Vampire
    Special ability: Vitae
    Special Rank: Blood Potency
    -One of the un-dead, brought back to life by the power of vitae
    -able to use vitae to power supernatural abilities and heal wounds, and being undead bullets only deal bashing damage
    -sunlight deals aggravated damage, as does fire

Promethean
    Special ability: Pyros
    Special Rank: Azoth
    -a created being, animated by the eternal fire, extremely powerful and almost un-killable, electricity heals them, and fire deals aggravated damage
    -un-natural, the world itself will rebel against their existence, and everything will eventually attempt to destroy them, even the ground beneath their feet

Werewolf
    Special ability: Essence
    Special Rank: Primal Urge
    -creatures of legend, able to shift between five forms, Hishu - the human, Dalu the near human, Garu The Wolf man (or war form), Urshul The Near Wolf or Urhan The Wolf, they heal at a rate of 1 bashing per 3 seconds, and one lethal every 15 minutes
    -silver deals aggravated damage, and may force them into a death rage causing them to shift into Garu form and attack everything

Changeling
    Special ability: glamour
    Special Rank: Wyrd
    - humans taken into the world of the lost (the hedge) by creatures of that world to serve as servants, prisoners or for their amusement, while there they were ravaged by the essence of that world, causing them to lose their humanity and become something else, eventually using their powers to escape back into the real world
    -able to use supernatural abilities depending on their seeming, drawing upon the power granted to them by the hedge
    -all changelings are on some level insane, and this is reflected by their inhuman appearance, even through their mask, people can usually tell theres something different about them. And theres always the fear that one day their master will find them and drag them back to the hedge

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STEP 2: SELECT ARCHETYPE
    Ill add more after step 1, otherwise the list will be way to long

Because there isnt a character yet, all I can show is this little image here

Im new to the pixel drawing thing so tips are appreciated
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    April 2011
    527 Posts
    I suppose we'll start this off with a vote
    Agree- Human
    Disagree- Sin Eater
    Funny- Vampire
    Winner- Promethean
    Zing- Werewolf
    Informative- Changeling
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative x 15Agree x 6Winner x 4Zing x 3Optimistic x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    610 Posts
    I want to be a human. Hey Tom can we become one of the other classes in our journey i.e. getting bitten by a vampire, or a werewolf? if we start as a human.. And isn't the proper term for werewolf is Lycan?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    I want to be a human. Hey Tom can we become one of the other classes in our journey i.e. getting bitten by a vampire, or a werewolf? if we start as a human
    nope, but this works by the world of darkness systems, you start in a prolouge, so if you were to choose vampire you would start the prolouge as a human, but end it by the embrace and continue into the next part as a vampire

so if you want to be something supernatural, choose now
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    610 Posts
    nope, but this works by the world of darkness systems, you start in a prolouge, so if you were to choose vampire you would start the prolouge as a human, but end it by the embrace and continue into the next part as a vampire

so if you want to be something supernatural, choose now
    ..Yeah I think I want to be a badass human. I like the feeling that you're just human and you don't need any super powers to kick ass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    Your character is a human,

---------------------------------------------------
    STEP 2: CHOOSE ARCHETYPE

Patrol officer
    -skilled in firearms and with decent investigation, empathy and intimidation capacity

Nurse
    -very skilled in medicine, persuasion and empathy, but little combat capacity

Extortionist
    -very high brawl and intimidate ability

Thief
    -very high larceny, streetwise and subterfuge

Reporter
    -very high persuasion, decent larceny streetwise and subterfuge

Conspiracy theorist
    -very high computer ability and larceny, decent intimidation and occult knowledge, but starts with the paranoid derangement

Bouncer
    -very high brawl and intimidation

Bartender
    -decent brawl, firearms, persuasion and low occult

Mechanic
    -high crafts and drive, decent persuasion and streetwise with low larceny
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

7. Post #7
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    Piss on floor.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    July 2011
    289 Posts
    theif.because sometimes we just gotta be sneaky
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    610 Posts
    Bartender sounds pretty good. Can we have skill points please? Where you can pick and choose? Can you tell us the drawbacks on Thief, Bartender etc. please
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    January 2010
    5,139 Posts
    But really, thief sounds good.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    March 2011
    3,444 Posts
    I like reporter.

12. Post #12
    July 2011
    289 Posts
    how about a vote?
    Patrol officer-agree

Nurse-disagree

Extortionist-funny

Thief-winner

Reporter-zing

Conspiracy theorist-informative

Bouncer-friendly

Bartender-useful

Mechanic-optimistic

obviously mine is for thief
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 5Informative Informative x 4Useful Useful x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    Bartender sounds pretty good. Can we have skill points please? Where you can pick and choose? Can you tell us the drawbacks on Thief, Bartender etc. please
    every active action has a "dicepool" this is determined by an atribute + a skill + any modifiers - any pentalties

so occult is a skill, and is used to determine supernatural things, for example, to determine how to best attack a werewolf your character would make a wits + occult roll, and if you succeded i'd say that your character remembered some little part of knoledge from some previous event and give you a small bonus to interactions against that creature for the duration of the scene

and they dont have any drawbacks (except for conspiracy theorist, he's paranoid but has more skill points to balance it out), they're just unskilled in some areas while excelling in others. and this is stage 1 of selecting your skillpoints, this determines the base skills of your character, next is your characters history, allowing further customization

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    610 Posts
    every active action has a "dicepool" this is determined by an atribute + a skill + any modifiers - any pentalties

so occult is a skill, and is used to determine supernatural things, for example, to determine how to best attack a werewolf your character would make a wits + occult roll, and if you succeded i'd say that your character remembered some little part of knoledge from some previous event and give you a small bonus to interactions against that creature for the duration of the scene
    May we have a in-depth skill list for the Archetypes scale 1-100? I don't want to screw up on this. I know i'm asking alot of you Tom.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    May we have a in-depth skill list for the Archetypes scale 1-100? I don't want to screw up on this. I know i'm asking alot of you Tom.
    you wont screw it up, i'll only put you in places where your skills are valid, so unless you play doctor and go looking for something to kill you you're fine

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    610 Posts
    you wont screw it up, I'll only put you in places where your skills are valid, so unless you play doctor and go looking for something to kill you you're fine
    I VOTE THIEF... seems the best choice and that's the majority
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    making a character sheet in paint, its a pain in the ass, but at the moment here's the votes

Thief: 4 votes
    Reporter: 2 votes

18. Post #18

February 2011
    118 Posts
    Thief
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    You are a Thief,

---------------------------------
    STEP 3: CHOOSE HISTORY

Rough Road
    +1 Composure
    +2 Brawl

Ex-Acrobat
    +1 Dexterity
    +2 Athletics

Big Game Hunter
    +1 Stamina
    +2 Firearms

Troubled Childhood 1
    +1 Manipulation
    +2 Weaponry

Troubled Childhood 2
    +1 Wits
    +2 Larceny

Avid Learner
    +1 Intelligence
    +2 academics

Youngest Sibling
    +1 Wits
    +2 Stealth

Self Dependant
    +1 Resolve
    +2 Streetwise

School Captain
    +1 Presence
    +3 Persuasion
    +1 Socialize
    + Derangement: Narcisist

Model
    +1 Presence
    +2 Expression
    + Merrit: Striking looks I

Underworld Connections
    +1 Wits
    +1 Subderfuge
    +1 Streetwise

Body Builder
    +1 Strength
    +2 Athletics

Amnesia
    +1 Composure
    +2 Occult

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    610 Posts
    What's weaponry? Is it like +1 with everything

21. Post #21
    March 2011
    823 Posts
    Damnit, I was too late to join in on the character creation process =(, well i'm here for step 3
    I'll set up polling

Agree - Rough Road
    Disagree - Ex-Acrobat
    Funny - Big Game Hunter
    Childhood (both 1 and 2) - Winner
    Avid Learner - Zing
    Youngest Sibling - Informative
    Self Dependent - Friendly
    School Captain - Useful
    Model - Optimistic
    Body Builder - Late
    Amnesia - Dumb

I'd vote for Either Underworld Connections

And a couple of comments to tomtyke:

Even with your life dependent finals, you're still willing to do this =o. I'd rather you focus on those too.
    And to this interactive that will hopefully go through (after your finals, I understand if you can't), great start on character creation. Better than starting a personality with "Shoving a pipe up a zombie's ass"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Canada Show Events Funny x 5Dumb x 2Informative x 1Zing x 1Disagree x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    What's weaponry? Is it like +1 with everything
    weaponry is using mele weapons and thrown weapons, so swords and knives

and just saying, these have some serious consequences, choosing one thing opens up possibilites later, and closes some off, for example, if you had chosen patrol officer, i would have given you the option to choose the "Military Veteran" or "Born Cop" as your history, while this i offered the Troubled childhood options, the ex-acrobat, and the youngest sibling, and in addition to this, they all have a large impact on the story

and @ the big face, those troubled childhood ones are seperate :)

23. Post #23
    May 2011
    940 Posts
    I really don't understand what is so appealing about being "just human",but I'll go along with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #24
    March 2011
    3,444 Posts
    Since we are a thief, we want something which gives bonuses to either streetwise, subterfuge, or larceny.

25. Post #25
    March 2011
    823 Posts
    I really don't understand what is so appealing about being "just human",but I'll go along with it.
    Yeah, if i was earlier in, i would've gone for werewolf...5 forms, each becoming more wolf like... reminds me of dragon ball z, going from normal, to super saiyan, to super saiyan 2, etc...

Edited:

and @ the big face, those troubled childhood ones are seperate :)
    I know that, but when making the votes, i didn't have enough options (funny, informative, etc...) to make a poll for the whole list without having to make another post. So i was thinking if troubled childhood is voted on, we could just vote for 1 or 2 later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    just to give a better understanding on what your character is like, here's his stat sheet so far

(sorry it uploaded as a jpeg, i cant upload properly from here)

27. Post #27
    March 2011
    3,444 Posts
    THIS SYSTEM MAKES NO SENSE TO ME. 0_0
    USE GURPS OR SPECIAL.

28. Post #28
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    THIS SYSTEM MAKES NO SENSE TO ME. 0_0
    USE GURPS OR SPECIAL.
    ok, crash course on this system

you have two types of stats, ATTRIBUTES and SKILLS

to do an action, you would take one attribute and one skill, combine them together, add and subtract any external modifiers and that will give you a dice pool

each "point" in your dicepool counts as a single D10 (10 sided dice) to be rolled, when they are rolled, 8,9 and 10 count as successes and you get to re-roll any 10's (10 again rule), each success counts towards your goal, be it shooting a dude, or fixing a car

EXAMPLE
    i'm attacked by a wild dog, i have a glock 19 and i use it to shoot the dog, the relevant attribute for this is Dex, and the relevant skill is Firearms, my dex is 3 and my firearms is 2, giving me a starting dice pool of 5. to this i add my equiptment bonus from any suitable things i use to assist me (in this case +2 from the glock 19), then i subtract any penalties, (in this case -1 as the dog is moving quickly) giving me a total dice pool of 6, i then roll 6 dice, from this i get 3 successes, two nines and a ten, i then re-roll the 10, and i get another 10, and then i roll a 9. so i got a total of 5 successes (unlikely, but this is an example) and as such i would have delt 5 lethal damage to the dog, likely killing it

but you dont actually have to bother about all that, because thats what i'm here for

29. Post #29
    March 2011
    823 Posts
    In other words, let tomtyke do all of the math, and we'll make the stupid decisions :P. Although its not a complicated system, I think once it gets put into use, we'll understand it more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    In other words, let tomtyke do all of the math, and we'll make the stupid decisions :P. Although its not a complicated system, I think once it gets put into use, we'll understand it more.
    i'll take this as a moment to mention my new experience system

doing an action progresses you towards leveling up the skill and the attribute you used in that action, and there's a few things you should know...

being succesful will get you an extra 10% experience
    being extremely succesful will get you an addition 10% in addition to the regular succedful bonus
    doing something awesome will get you an extra 10% experience
    doing something using willpower will get you an extra 15% experience
    doing something that progresses the story will get you an extra 15% experience
    good roleplaying will get you an extra 20% experience

so yea, dont be tools and level up 20% faster, tempted? >:3

31. Post #31
    March 2011
    3,444 Posts
    I'm thinking troubled childhood 2 or youngest sibling.

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    610 Posts
    ...Are we going to be bashing and slashing or raining lead more?
    I dunno between big game hunter and youngest sibling

33. Post #33
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    ...Are we going to be bashing and slashing or raining lead more?
    I dunno between big game hunter and youngest sibling
    you're going to be doing actions reflecting your skills, so if you choose firearms, then you're going to be in situations requiring firearms, and vice versa for knives and every other skill

34. Post #34
    March 2011
    823 Posts
    BATTLEFIELD 3 IS OUT!! Now to go to sleep...

And let's not start the offtopicness again (sorry about that).

Well i'm looking forward to this, glad your putting in variables and actual numbers instead of making stuff up...like a real game, except involving some dice instead of lots of computer coding. Good luck, we'll be great players (unless we get another torturedbabycow), and you'll definitely be a great storyteller.

35. Post #35
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    610 Posts
    I VOTE Big Game Hunter

36. Post #36
    March 2011
    823 Posts
    I VOTE Big Game Hunter
    Buzz, vote on the poll i've created

37. Post #37
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    it's a tie between big game hunter and amnesia, we need more votes, first to four wins

38. Post #38

February 2011
    118 Posts
    Big game hunter then
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #39
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    Your character has a history as a big game hunter

----------------------------------------------
    STEP 4: CHOOSE GIFT

MasterCrafted Multi-tool
    -you swiped it from a trade show, it's never let you down before and has a tool for almost any lock. The bottle opener's nice too
    +1 Larceny

Pristine M40
    -you use to go hunting with your father, when he went missing this was all they found. you can almost feel him watching over you when you line up a shot
    +1 Firearms

Scuffed .357 Magnum
    you found it washed up on a beach, it rarely misses, but the night after you use it you always have nightmares of drowning.
    +1 Firearms
    +1 Occult

Carbon Steel Bowie Knife
    -you saw it in a window while you were out "shopping", it's saved your life more than once when you get caught
    +1 Weaponry

Nail'd Knuckles
    -you weren't very good in school, especially after they caught you making these in metalworking class
    +1 brawl

Lucky Charm
    -you've always had it, you're not sure where or when you got it but when you really try things just seem to go your way. but things aren't the same without it
    +1 Occult

---------------------------------

when you choose this you get the item and a skill bonus

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    May 2011
    610 Posts
    I VOTE LUCKY CHARM!