1. Post #201
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    What the fuck is your problem? What have they done, personally, to shame your family?

It's a goddamn fan mod, not World War 3. Calm the hell down.

Is that the best response you can offer in defense of this mod's existence? Not "Yes here are valid reasons why you would craft a stalker experience on source
    [list]", but "I don't like what you're saying", which is exactly what you are accusing me of?

Wow, you sure are obnoxious. Everything we did so far is custom content. Made by me. In my free time, whilst working in a day job and generally having shit to do. I do this because I enjoy creating stuff and hope to give the community something nice to enjoy, whilst gaining ecperience at what I do.

Gee, I don't exactly expect a blowjob, hell, I'm thankfull for criticism but you know, giving us shit for what we do is, frankly a huge dick move. We are not charging you for anything, we are not agressively promoting anything, we don't put out uninspired 5-minute reskins. We are only using an existing scenario. A established universe. We don't even have any gameplay for you to judge the similarities by. What do you even want, us to scrap it because you prematurely conclude you might not like the end product?
    So frankly, go take your flimsy, forejudged and unappreciating opinion and shove it up your ass.

That's exactly it... for all this supposed effort on top of your normal life, you have nothing to show for it. You've recreated the HUD and made an AK that looks, oh, exactly like the AK in stalker! Fantastic. Had you started on the x-ray engine-

Oh right, all that would already have been done. The only thing that appears to have been done at all was some renders and a minor circlejerk about having access to guns. Since october. At this rate, one could expect you to have something playable by 2014. By that time stalker 2 will be out. Then will it not be "uninspired", given all the new content coming?

This is hardly a step above ideas guy & co. Because right now it's "Stalker on source with a reindeer mutant"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11 (list)

2. Post #202
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,649 Posts
    Is that the best response you can offer in defense of this mod's existence? Not "Yes here are valid reasons why you would craft a stalker experience on source
    [list]", but "I don't like what you're saying", which is exactly what you are accusing me of?

That's exactly it... for all this supposed effort on top of your normal life, you have nothing to show for it. You've recreated the HUD and made an AK that looks, oh, exactly like the AK in stalker! Fantastic. Had you started on the x-ray engine-

Oh right, all that would already have been done. The only thing that appears to have been done at all was some renders and a minor circlejerk about having access to guns. Since october. At this rate, one could expect you to have something playable by 2014. By that time stalker 2 will be out. Then will it not be "uninspired", given all the new content coming?

This is hardly a step above ideas guy & co. Because right now it's "Stalker on source with a reindeer mutant"
    no seriously

people, like, do this for fun and stuff

even recreating existing content is experience in creation as you're finding new ways to tackle and enhance things

now calm down and let them make their fancy spideer thing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11Winner Winner x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,284 Posts
    Scout1, if we had your way, we'd still be stuck with Atari games.

"WHAT? YOU WANT A GAME WHERE PIXELS ALSO MOVE VERTICALLY? GO PLAY SPACE INVADERS AND STOP RIPPING OFF OTHER PEOPLE!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #204
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,649 Posts
    just move on.

also, this may be of interest.

http://www.keiththompsonart.com/pages/moose.html

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,284 Posts
    I am going to assume that the second pair of legs/mouth was an unborn moose that had instead broke out of it's mother to take part as a half-parasitic entity.

6. Post #206
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,649 Posts
    Accelerated/enhanced Polymelia and/or parasitic siamese twins due to radiation are viable excuses

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    9,876 Posts
    Ew.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

8. Post #208
    December 2009
    8,804 Posts

John just leave it ok?

Edited:

Btw this sort of stuff tends to land people jobs in the games industry.
    How that is in any way useless is beyond me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #209
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    John just leave it ok?

Edited:

Btw this sort of stuff tends to land people jobs in the games industry.
    How that is in any way useless is beyond me.

Uh, okay. That name on my steam profile still isn't me, but thanks for being creepy.

When the OP or his friend gets a game in the job industry call me, I'll be glad to congratulate them on their stroke of luck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #210
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    9,876 Posts
    You're coming across as a dick.

Edited:

Like, a gigantic, provocative dick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #211
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    2,198 Posts
    Uh, okay. That name on my steam profile still isn't me, but thanks for being creepy.

When the OP or his friend gets a game in the job industry call me, I'll be glad to congratulate them on their stroke of luck
    Game in the job industry.

I dunno if you've got this yet, but nobody really agrees with your opinions. Maybe you should stop digging yourself into a hole and get out? Jus' sayin'.

12. Post #212
    I love bestiality!
    May 2009
    4,854 Posts

I don't like you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

13. Post #213
    dai
    "arte"
    February 2006
    26,649 Posts
    stoooooop
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    566 Posts
    So I am home now, prepare for content.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Israel Show Events Winner Winner x 13 (list)

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    June 2007
    4,333 Posts
    Roger, bracing for content.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    9,876 Posts
    Welcome back <3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 6 (list)

17. Post #217
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,449 Posts
    My body is ready
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

18. Post #218
    I love bestiality!
    May 2009
    4,854 Posts
    I brought lube.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #219
    Japanese Cerberus
    Dennab
    August 2011
    8,076 Posts
    Is your content a barby flesh cock?~

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,799 Posts
    Is your content a barby flesh cock?~
    aehm...

So rest assured, no five-legged cock monster or some retarded shit like that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

21. Post #221
    Japanese Cerberus
    Dennab
    August 2011
    8,076 Posts
    aehm...
    Fuck.
    There goes my hopes for this mod.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

22. Post #222
    June 2007
    1,485 Posts
    Silly Green.

Fleshes are mutated pigs, and pigs have Dicks like this (Not NSFW), not barby flesh cocks.

23. Post #223
    ☆Artist of Science☆
    August 2010
    5,283 Posts
    Soo... where's our content?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Vietnam Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    19,144 Posts
    Silly Green.

Fleshes are mutated pigs, and pigs have Dicks like this (Not NSFW), not barby flesh cocks.
    Well pigs also look like living things, and I can assure you Flesh look nothing of the sort.

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    566 Posts
    it takes time to reconfigure everything to get back to work, so. . Yeah still, prepare for content
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Israel Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,799 Posts
    I'm currently getting stuff ready for exporting, so nothing interesting to showcast, but I am working on a few neat little things in the meantime
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Germany Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

27. Post #227
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,799 Posts
    Witness the awful affects of vodka addiction. In your lust for the potato juice, you'll get very desperate. Realistic russian drunkard sim.

(just something that happened when I didn't realize I had some old keyframes in the animation)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

28. Post #228
    Japanese Cerberus
    Dennab
    August 2011
    8,076 Posts
    Witness the awful affects of vodka addiction. In your lust for the potato juice, you'll get very desperate. Realistic russian drunkard sim.

(just something that happened when I didn't realize I had some old keyframes in the animation)

did you record this with a russian or ukrainian potato
    tell me the brand of potato
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    4,749 Posts

Oh, I can already tell I'm going to love this.

30. Post #230
    March 2012
    3,588 Posts
    Your hideous deer is beautiful! Shame you're choosing source, it won't handle the outside environments, mass bumpmaps, full dynamic lighting and roaming Ai of stalker very well :(

Awesome content though!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,799 Posts
    Your hideous deer is beautiful! Shame you're choosing source, it won't handle the outside environments, mass bumpmaps, full dynamic lighting and roaming Ai of stalker very well :(

Awesome content though!
    Maybe it's really time to reconsider this. Not my call though

32. Post #232
    "Gold Member"
    Dennab
    May 2007
    13,705 Posts
    Maybe it's really time to reconsider this.

Really
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 10 (list)

33. Post #233
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,799 Posts
    not your call either
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Germany Show Events Zing Zing x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #234
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,799 Posts
    Also, Content. The AK is still a placeholder. Modelling is too time consuming right now, as I'm attending vocational school (It's a normal thing here, you're required to do in order to work in any job that isn't super awesome) and my finals are nearing. Animating costs less time. Have half a reload circle!

Fingers and left hand not properly animated. Just tried to make the gun 'feel' right in terms of inertia and so forth. Maybe not worth posting, just looking for some gratification after cuttig a few hours off valuable sleep during a weekday
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Germany Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

35. Post #235
    Dennab
    September 2011
    3,417 Posts
    Holy shit how fucking hard is it to comprehend that some people just like to do things?
    Either you are mentally disabled or one of those idiots who try to control other people's doing to compensate their lack of control over their own lives.

Edited:

H4ngman are you going to re-model each and every gun?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

36. Post #236
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,799 Posts
    Holy shit how fucking hard is it to comprehend that some people just like to do things?
    Either you are mentally disabled or one of those idiots who try to control other people's doing to compensate their lack of control over their own lives.

Edited:

H4ngman are you going to re-model each and every gun?

Some classical stalker-weapons will make an appearance, done from scratch, since we can't really rip CSG's models for copyright reasons. I'll include some differend types of guns. Not much sense in just re-making the existing arsenal. As of now, I'll be out of order for the next two weeks due to upcoming exam. After that, it's moddelin' time. Anyone up for some exotic so-ugly-they're-beautifull guns?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    5,449 Posts
    I thought CSG didn't mind people using their stuff?

Edited:

unless it was used for profit or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

38. Post #238
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    11,238 Posts
    Some classical stalker-weapons will make an appearance, done from scratch, since we can't really rip CSG's models for copyright reasons. I'll include some differend types of guns. Not much sense in just re-making the existing arsenal. As of now, I'll be out of order for the next two weeks due to upcoming exam. After that, it's moddelin' time. Anyone up for some exotic so-ugly-they're-beautifull guns?
    Doesn't GSC allow usage of their content as long as it's for free purposes?

Also make a secret scoped Makarov pistol to poke fun at LURK.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    2,799 Posts
    I thought CSG didn't mind people using their stuff?

Edited:

unless it was used for profit or something
    Really? didn't know that. got any details?

Actually, wait, why not ask them directly. Maybe they're bros

40. Post #240
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    566 Posts

Awesome content though!
    Don't worry about it, I'm playing with Unity for a while, I might even make it standalone, but first, I'll deliver it on Source.

Also,

Soon I'll have even more free time, I'm done with advanced training.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista Israel Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)