1. Post #521
    I'm halving my usage of math each week.. but, apparently I'll never be able to quit.
    October 2009
    5,261 Posts
    I went for my first run tonight since March and I've lost so much fitness. I was able to run for 25 minutes with only a few minutes rest and tonight I had to do 1 minute runs with 30 secs walking and was only able to complete 13 minutes. Feels bad man
    It'll build up over time, I did an 800m single run, after a 40min lot of 4m walk 1min run.
    800m dang near killed me.

2. Post #522
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,808 Posts
    So I've been trying to run at least two miles every weekday for an upcoming soccer season and I'm wondering if it's more effective to run on a track or to run on grass. Wasn't sure since tracks are made for running but I'll be playing on grass.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

3. Post #523
    December 2011
    2,240 Posts
    So I've been trying to run at least two miles every weekday for an upcoming soccer season and I'm wondering if it's more effective to run on a track or to run on grass. Wasn't sure since tracks are made for running but I'll be playing on grass.
    Running is running pretty much. If you don't want to be bored out of your mind, find a route to run on the roads, or on a trail, or in a park if you live in a city.

4. Post #524
    asdfghjkl;
    October 2008
    3,136 Posts
    so I started running last thursday and I've been doing 2 miles every day since then
    on thursday my time was 30:35 and today (wednesday) I did 22:45. Going to keep pressing on harder until I can get under 14 minutes
    Decided to do it once every other day now because of how much it destroyed me to go every day. My best time is now 18:36
    started a fire fighting course this week, gonna see if i can destroy everyone else at running

5. Post #525
    --
    August 2009
    2,043 Posts
    just about 3 years and around 5000 miles, my nike shoes finally broke.. I would definitely buy them again.

also about 50 squash games in them

6. Post #526
    December 2011
    2,240 Posts
    just about 3 years and around 5000 miles, my nike shoes finally broke.. I would definitely buy them again.

also about 50 squash games in them
    shoes generally should be replaced between 200 and 500 miles (depending on how you run) to prevent injury
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

7. Post #527
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    8,914 Posts
    If you don't want to be bored out of your mind, find a route to run on the roads, or on a trail, or in a park if you live in a city.
    Absolutely agree. My daily route is about 6 miles combined walking and running, it takes me about an hour and fifteen minutes. My backup for shitty/cold/unbearably hot weather is an exercise bike in the basement. Even with my laptop and/or TV, that same hour fifteen on the bike seems like it takes twice as long as running my route with no electronics at all. Time moves so much faster when you're actually covering distance, and you're measuring progress by landmarks passed instead of numbers on your watch.

8. Post #528
    July 2008
    603 Posts
    Done the Severn Bridge half marathon earlier on today (UK)
    In 2 hours 13 mins, my first half marathon event!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)