1. Post #161
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    487 Posts
    Cool, cheers for the feedback. Loving the VPS.

2. Post #162

May 2011
    26 Posts
    Unlikely to return to stock within the next few months I'm afraid. Some of the EU non-SSD ones might come back into stock soon-ish though.
    Do you know of how soon? I wish I'd of just bought one when I saw it in stock! Darn but Thanks :)

3. Post #163
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    Tera and Peta are in stock, smaller ones won't be coming back into stock unless there's a cancellation.

I have some US Nano and US Mega in stock though.

4. Post #164
    July 2011
    18 Posts
    Any ETA on the Exa SSD or Zetta SSD for that matter?

5. Post #165
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    Unless there's a cancellation, they're not coming back into stock any time soon, sorry. I warned folks when they went on sale they'd sell fast, and sure enough they did, we sold out several servers worth of those in a few days flat.

6. Post #166
    May 2010
    1,141 Posts
    How many EU non-SSD Exa's are currently available? It doesn't show a number next to it like the others do.

7. Post #167
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    None I'm afraid, SSD stuff is totally sold out and has been for a while.

8. Post #168
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,688 Posts
    None I'm afraid, SSD stuff is totally sold out and has been for a while.
    I think he meant non-SSD, unless you were responding to that and I just read that weird

9. Post #169
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    I think he meant non-SSD, unless you were responding to that and I just read that weird
    Gah, you're right, I totally misread. My apologies!

We have two non-SSD Exas left.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

10. Post #170
    I'm basically scarface, so line your bitches up so they can get a taste of my shlong.
    March 2007
    511 Posts
    Im looking at a VPS for a small minecraft server ( like 6 slots max ) whit the occasional swap over to maybe source ( again low slots ) and a FTP dump for files i want to backup what kind of Bandwidth would I be looking at? Im thinking most probs Mega (EU) - If so is there any ETA on them?

11. Post #171
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    Im looking at a VPS for a small minecraft server ( like 6 slots max ) whit the occasional swap over to maybe source ( again low slots ) and a FTP dump for files i want to backup what kind of Bandwidth would I be looking at? Im thinking most probs Mega (EU) - If so is there any ETA on them?
    Bandwidth isn't generally a major concern for small gameservers, but it might be for an FTP server. No ETA on Mega, but we have Tera stock. Got one Mega US, too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #172
    I'm basically scarface, so line your bitches up so they can get a taste of my shlong.
    March 2007
    511 Posts
    Bandwidth isn't generally a major concern for small gameservers, but it might be for an FTP server. No ETA on Mega, but we have Tera stock. Got one Mega US, too.
    If I got tera could I drop it down to mega when they come in stock ?

13. Post #173
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    If I got tera could I drop it down to mega when they come in stock ?
    Downgrades aren't possible I'm afraid. SolusVM allows your disk to be expanded, but not shrunk.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #174
    January 2011
    2,551 Posts
    Downgrades aren't possible I'm afraid. SolusVM allows your disk to be expanded, but not shrunk.
    No shrinking? How can that even be? It's not even a very difficult challenge, I would say, but maybe it's a pay2get feature?

15. Post #175
    how can you love some-one if you can't eat a brick
    July 2011
    1,320 Posts
    solusvm has pretty awful xen support

16. Post #176
    Unmetered VPS
    June 2010
    1,247 Posts
    Solus can shrink disk space? (resources; says it's updated).

17. Post #177
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    Solus can shrink disk space? (resources; says it's updated).
    It certainly didn't used to be able to for Xen backed by LVM. I'll take a look again now see if it's possible.

In any case, Mega slices are unlikely to return to stock any time soon. We've got too many Tera slices left that need selling.

Edit: So you're right, it's since been added.

18. Post #178
    It certainly didn't used to be able to for Xen backed by LVM. I'll take a look again now see if it's possible.

In any case, Mega slices are unlikely to return to stock any time soon. We've got too many Tera slices left that need selling.

Edit: So you're right, it's since been added.
    Couldn't you scale a few teras down if they're not selling and sell more megas now then? :P
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #179
    March 2007
    511 Posts
    Couldn't you scale a few teras down if they're not selling and sell more megas now then? :P
    Too late for me I took a Tera up
    time to install a VNC on it this is fun not used to command line stuff

Well this is embarrasing I forgot to install the Ubuntu Desktop and was wondering why I wasn't geting anything.... oops
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/44896033/vnc.png
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

20. Post #180
    secretly a furry
    April 2011
    2,022 Posts
    How can you set up a server without using the command line?

21. Post #181
    January 2011
    2,551 Posts
    Use the command line to install a web interface, then connect to that.

22. Post #182
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    Oddly enough, no. If I could, I would. The provider whom supplies the servers in question places a limit on how many IP addresses they'll assign per server at 28 IP addresses (or 30, depending how you have things setup). With a server that has 24GB of RAM, less 1GB assigned to dom0, that leaves you with about 0.85GB per IP address.

If you sold only 256MB slices, then you'd fill only 7GB of the server and make only $140. Take out WHMCS/SolusVM licensing fees and you're not left with enough to cover the cost of the server.

That's why I try to maintain a balance of different sizes of VPSes on each server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

23. Post #183
    March 2007
    511 Posts
    When I did mine I had to use command line to set the intial VNC up after that you can just use VNC to connect ( providing you keep is secure ) - I used http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1029327 to help me

24. Post #184
    secretly a furry
    April 2011
    2,022 Posts
    When I did mine I had to use command line to set the intial VNC up after that you can just use VNC to connect ( providing you keep is secure ) - I used http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1029327 to help me
    I mean, to manage a server you're going to be using the cli anyway.

25. Post #185
    September 2011
    253 Posts
    I must say I am a fan of using the command line. I didn't really know much when I first started with a server from the command line, but you can learn a lot by doing it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

26. Post #186
    Oddly enough, no. If I could, I would. The provider whom supplies the servers in question places a limit on how many IP addresses they'll assign per server at 28 IP addresses (or 30, depending how you have things setup). With a server that has 24GB of RAM, less 1GB assigned to dom0, that leaves you with about 0.85GB per IP address.

If you sold only 256MB slices, then you'd fill only 7GB of the server and make only $140. Take out WHMCS/SolusVM licensing fees and you're not left with enough to cover the cost of the server.

That's why I try to maintain a balance of different sizes of VPSes on each server.
    AH, that makes sense. I figured there was some reason for it.

27. Post #187
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    386 Posts
    Just bought up an EU Tera, I'll be relinquishing my Nano shortly for anyone who wants to get in there

28. Post #188
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    Just bought up an EU Tera, I'll be relinquishing my Nano shortly for anyone who wants to get in there
    Not quite the way it works sadly.

29. Post #189
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    386 Posts
    So the cancelled Nano won't be available for someone else to order?

30. Post #190
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    So the cancelled Nano won't be available for someone else to order?
    Sadly not. We had a bunch of folks with large-ish slices cancel to move to SSD VPSes back when they launched, so the non-SSD nodes are in an under-filled state at the moment. Need to sell big slices to fix the balance.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #191
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    831 Posts
    Out of france... sad day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

32. Post #192
    January 2011
    2,551 Posts
    I might be purchasing some big-ish slice in some of the coming months. *MIGHT*
    But I just came back in the thread to say that this is certainly great deals and GREAT stuff! I hope you get more stock in, and more people to purchase :)

33. Post #193
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    1,691 Posts
    Hexxeh, any chance on getting more SSD-based VPS' soon?

34. Post #194
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Linux United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #195
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    386 Posts
    Is there any chance of ever being able to get hold of an extra IP address?

36. Post #196
    Moderator Illuminati
    June 2006
    5,091 Posts
    Is there any chance of ever being able to get hold of an extra IP address?
    At a small extra cost as long as you're not on EU non-SSD, yes. Go ahead and ticket if you want me to set that up for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

37. Post #197
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    386 Posts
    Bummer...I'm on EU non-ssd. Cheers anyway

38. Post #198
    Gold Member
    June 2012
    193 Posts
    These come with RDP access, correct?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

39. Post #199
    April 2009
    445 Posts
    SSH yes. As these I believe are just bare linux minimal installs, however I believe you can install a GUI on them if you wish.

Hexxeh doesn't have any windows VPSs I don't think.

40. Post #200
    ReThinkVPS
    July 2011
    183 Posts
    These come with RDP access, correct?
    It's Xen I am sure if you give him a license and an image he can put it onto a VPS for you.