1. Post #361
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,910 Posts
    Gives me time to work on this:

If you folks have any ideas for the pack, throw them up. And if you want to test it out so far, just ask whenever.
    (And that's Able, also known as SCP-076-2)

And if you just want D-Class testificates: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33668121/Fp/...%20D-class.zip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #362
    January 2010
    5,324 Posts
    Gives me time to work on this:
    If you folks have any ideas for the pack, throw them up. And if you want to test it out so far, just ask whenever.
    (And that's Able, also known as SCP-076-2)
    I had a list of ideas but it looks like you've made more progress than me.
    *Redstone lamps are fluorescent lights. It fits with the predominantly-indoors nature of their use, I think.
    *Leather armor is a D-class jumpsuit, and the other armors could be different things like a hazmat suit, a space suit, powered armor, and the likes.
    *The "panorama" pictures that make up the main menu background could be screenshots taken of places around the server.
    *The paintings can have practical applications, such as warning and "Do not enter" signs.
    *The mob spawner cage is a containment unit of some kind
    *Animals are stamped with an ID of some kind, like a serial number or barcode. We don't really use animals on the server, but it's a touch that kind of makes sense, I guess, if the animals are property of the Foundation.
    I had more ideas written down in a text file but it's on another computer. Also, I don't know how to make bullet points.
    *As I said before, testificates should utilize their multiple skins to have different suits, such as the aforementioned hazmat suits. Personally, I think their noses would make for a good gas mask-like thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

3. Post #363
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,910 Posts
    I had a list of ideas but it looks like you've made more progress than me.

I had more ideas written down in a text file but it's on another computer. Also, I don't know how to make bullet points.
    *As I said before, testificates should utilize their multiple skins to have different suits, such as the aforementioned hazmat suits. Personally, I think their noses would make for a good gas mask-like thing.
    What could the leather headgear be?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

4. Post #364
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,701 Posts
    One block needs to be a computer. This is an order from the top.

Edited:

If the texture pack is finalised and there is not a single computer I will bar its use completely mwahah
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #365
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,910 Posts
    One block needs to be a computer. This is an order from the top.

Edited:

If the texture pack is finalised and there is not a single computer I will bar its use completely mwahah
    I'll make some of the small paintings types of computer screen. And I'll make pumpkin computer, too. Everything needs to be techy.

6. Post #366
    January 2010
    5,324 Posts
    I'll make some of the small paintings types of computer screen. And I'll make pumpkin computer, too. Everything needs to be techy.
    Hey, the jack-o-lantern should be a computer (if you haven't already made it something else). Keep in mind that you can put the pumpkins on your head and they provide an overlay; you could feasibly make pumpkins into helmets of some kind.
    This is what I'm thinking:

Seems like a cool idea, I guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #367
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,910 Posts

Shouldn't have let the D-class near the electronics cupboard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

8. Post #368
    Clops with bisousbisous daily <3
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    You
    You made backups of the world
    right
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

9. Post #369
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    server's back up. Hopefulyl it won't die again.

10. Post #370
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,910 Posts

I need people to test the pack and give feedback on what I could improve.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33668121/Fp/SCPack.zip

It's not fully finished yet, there's still lots to do, but it's always great to get some CC.

Update: The flesh that hates.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 5Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

11. Post #371
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    And then I had a proper office
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

12. Post #372
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,910 Posts
    I'm frequently updating that dropbox link for the pack, so check on it often.

13. Post #373
    January 2010
    5,324 Posts
    I know you're making one sword the telekill alloy one, but maybe another sword should be a cattle prod crackling with electricity or a stunstick like in HL2 something.
    Also, what will the eggs be? Disposable quantum containment units?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events

14. Post #374
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    And then I had a proper office
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

15. Post #375
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,088 Posts
    Ok, that looks a lot better with the other texture pack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #376
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    JESUS CHRIST
    HOW HORRIFYING
    Does it really look that way to you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #377
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,088 Posts
    Server down?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

18. Post #378
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,701 Posts
    tbh it's a bad idea to design things with texture packs that drastically change blocks into complete new things because this shit appears
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #379
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    JESUS CHRIST
    HOW HORRIFYING
    Does it really look that way to you?
    Yes.
    Server down?
    Yep.
    tbh it's a bad idea to design things with texture packs that drastically change blocks into complete new things because this shit appears
    Mmmhmm.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #380
    Kawaii Member
    July 2005
    17,701 Posts
    Lexic why not on steam
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

21. Post #381
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    Cuz I was tryin to get some sleeps.
    I restarted the server, it had BSOD'd again. What are you people doing to it?

22. Post #382
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BEN FOLDS FETISH
    April 2010
    6,662 Posts
    What the fuck
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

23. Post #383
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    What the fuck
    You griefed everything

24. Post #384
    April 2010
    6,662 Posts
    You griefed everything
    I'd hardly consider building a small hidey hole outside the facility "griefing everything"

It's not my fault it happened to be near the 05 wing

25. Post #385
    April 2010
    662 Posts
    Wait, are we just now getting around to that? I thought this was what happened yesterday.

Anyway, as a side note: all defunct and/or unoperational tests left in the testing lab outside the sign-in booth have been decommissioned and summarily replaced with nothing. Spare parts that were salvageable have been placed in the storage warehouse.

26. Post #386
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,088 Posts
    Wait, are we just now getting around to that? I thought this was what happened yesterday.

Anyway, as a side note: all defunct and/or unoperational tests left in the testing lab outside the sign-in booth have been decommissioned and summarily replaced with nothing. Spare parts that were salvageable have been placed in the storage warehouse.
    Please tell me you left the Human Projectile Resistance test in, because that was hilarious.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #387
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    I'd hardly consider building a small hidey hole outside the facility "griefing everything"

It's not my fault it happened to be near the 05 wing
    Oh? Was the mining of various parts of the facility walls for tools, destruction of large areas of redstone circuits and activating the emergency lava cascade all done by a bigger boy who ran away before I got there?

28. Post #388
    April 2010
    6,662 Posts
    Oh? Was the mining of various parts of the facility walls for tools, destruction of large areas of redstone circuits and activating the emergency lava cascade all done by a bigger boy who ran away before I got there?
    I dug out my home and that was it. The redstone within that home got wiped ou by a water leak- I didn't touch any other wiring. I had received my tools allegedly made from the walls from nebebebebe- I was his assistant. About the only "damage" was a small door I constructed so I could access the facility without swimming all the way to the entrance- I didn't hang out in there anyway, I got to where I belonged.

Calling me a boy isn't going to solve anything- in fact, several high ranking people had seen my home the previous night, and they didn't ban me then.

I'd like to come back and contribute to testing, I'd been on the server for months and I was still a d class, so it has been getting boring.

Edited:

Woah that is a long defense

29. Post #389
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    You also ruined a highly decorative ceiling.
    If you were bored you should have said something, we promote people out of delta after about a day normally.
    I've unbanned you. Just don't dig holes in things again. Digging holes in things is seriously uncool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

30. Post #390
    April 2010
    6,662 Posts
    Thanks mate

31. Post #391
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    BSoD again.
    Who was online for this one?
    Does anyone know what the hell caused it?

32. Post #392
    April 2010
    662 Posts
    Please tell me you left the Human Projectile Resistance test in, because that was hilarious.
    Yes, the Human Projectile Resistance test was the only one functional and/or science-y enough to leave, albeit with some modifications (read: I put a roof on so arrows don't stick in the ceiling.)

Also I have no idea why the server would bluescreen; things seemed fine when I left last night.

33. Post #393
    December 2010
    9,188 Posts
    BSoD again.
    Who was online for this one?
    Does anyone know what the hell caused it?
    I seem to remember someone in the end typing in all caps:
    "I'LL BET YA'LL NEVER SEEN THIS BEFORE!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #394
    April 2010
    6,662 Posts
    Is the server still down? It would seem to be so
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #395
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    Yeah something's wrong with it. :/
    I'm going to try reinstalling everything.

36. Post #396
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,910 Posts

Now, to work on the buttons.

Same link as before: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/33668121/Fp/SCPack.zip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

37. Post #397
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,123 Posts
    Good news: It's not us causing the BSoDs! Woohoo!
    Bad news: Someone else is deliberately doing it remotely through some kind of nasty exploit.
    So uh.
    Fuck.

Edited:

Waffle you got the arrows pointing in the wrong direction.

Edited:

Secure, Contain, Protect not Throw Away, Let Loose, Ignore.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

38. Post #398
    Gold Member
    August 2009
    5,910 Posts
    Good news: It's not us causing the BSoDs! Woohoo!
    Bad news: Someone else is deliberately doing it remotely through some kind of nasty exploit.
    So uh.
    Fuck.

Edited:

Waffle you got the arrows pointing in the wrong direction.

Edited:

Secure, Contain, Protect not Throw Away, Let Loose, Ignore.
    http://www.scp-wiki.net/dear-cavalier
    Sorry, I got it from the website. Must be wrong one.

Fixed:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #399
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    10,248 Posts
    I think that symbol is supposed to represent the "undoing" of the Foundation: the opposite of containing, which is releasing everything contained, hence the arrows pointing outwards.

...As Lexic apparently already pointed out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #400
    January 2010
    5,324 Posts
    Maybe the flint & steel should be a lighter, in keeping with the modern/sciency theme.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)