March 2009
    6,121 Posts
    Nope :c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

2. Post #122
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    723 Posts
    I can't update the server until bukkit (and all the plugins we rely on) update.
    Sorry.
    What's the difference?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,121 Posts
    What's the difference?
    If I updated right now, we'd lose the administration/rank system, bookworm, worldguard, flatlands, worldedit, dynmap, logblock.
    If you have updated and don't have backups, [MCNostalgia] will rewind the clock for you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,746 Posts
    Does this server have a whitelist, and if so, my IGN is the same as my Facepunch username.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events

5. Post #125
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,080 Posts
    no, it doesn't
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

6. Post #126
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    723 Posts
    If I updated right now, we'd lose the administration/rank system, bookworm, worldguard, flatlands, worldedit, dynmap, logblock.
    If you have updated and don't have backups, [MCNostalgia] will rewind the clock for you.
    I mean the fact that even if the server works, people will still not play it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events

7. Post #127
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,746 Posts
    So, anyone planning on hopping in? Pretty empty in here right now...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events

8. Post #128
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    Will do later on today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Hungary Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,746 Posts
    Well, just post when you're about to head on, I might be busy with some stuff at home today but I'll still be near my computer.

10. Post #130
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    Can't connect to server, I get "Server responded with invalid server key" or "Outdated server" every time I try to join.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events

11. Post #131

September 2010
    457 Posts
    Can't connect to server, I get "Server responded with invalid server key" or "Outdated server" every time I try to join.
    Bukkit (unstable builds + Plugins) hasn't been updated yet. Try using 1.8.1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #132
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,746 Posts
    Ok, I'm heading on now, but my computer might crash randomly, so don't expect me to stay for too long.

Edited:

MCNostalgia is your friend.

Edited:

I just got back from my 20-minute run, in case you're gonna come back, Val.

13. Post #133
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,078 Posts
    Slowly starting to tire of Skyrim. Bukkit, we need you!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #134
    January 2010
    5,164 Posts
    I really want to get to fixing my mushroom stuff and seeing about getting the End portal set up in the Cube, can't wait for the updates.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

15. Post #135
    September 2009
    994 Posts
    I really want to get to fixing my mushroom stuff and seeing about getting the End portal set up in the Cube, can't wait for the updates.
    I couldn't agree more, the nether stuff and enchantment and stuff like that's going to be great.
    also, you PM cheese with scp ideas, right? because he seems to have blocked PMs and i had a few good ideas to be implemented when the plugins update.

16. Post #136
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,121 Posts
    Might as well post 'em here then.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United Kingdom Show Events

17. Post #137
    September 2009
    994 Posts
    Oh, alright.
    but only rough ideas at the moment, you understand.

the first one was the arcane manual from the old site, a book that details all sorts of eldritch things, perhaps the nature of the different dimensions (ender, nether, and so on), effectively a research journal on the subject of magic, with several pages bookmarked.
    the marked pages have very serious effects on the human pysche, probably with those with an extensive knowledge of the realms of the improbable and impossible (researchers & other foundation staff) being least affected. the effects could be anything really, haven't settled on anything as of yet.
    some of the book would have been translated by previous research attempts, similarities in language, that sort of thing. also, don't read page 1693.

i'm kind of tempted to say that it's my manual, but that seems too self indulgent to entertain.

the next idea was along the lines of a fairly harmless but interesting SCP, a species of lilly pad that can support incredible amounts of weight despite it's structure, with possible expansion into various applications for members of the species.

third idea was a sentient swamp, possibly underground (for thicker fog) that isn't necessarily evil, just fairly sadistic. so there'd be opportunities for traps (and plenty of redstone-ing) that are designed to maim, but not kill. could even link into 003 if he wants.

those are the only ideas that are presentable at present, but I'm trying to come up with more.
    my apologies for how vague these must seem, but i'm awful at explaining.

i also apologise for any clichés i may have hunted down and violently abused.

18. Post #138
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,121 Posts
    I love the swamp idea, but it'd need a new map to be generated that actually has a swamp biome on it.
    It may be possible to get/make a MultiWorld generator that outputs pure swamp worlds though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #139
    January 2010
    5,164 Posts
    So, will the End be one big SCP? And all the sub-entities, like Endstone and Endermen and the Enderdragon (and those weird healing crystals) are all like SCP-XXX-Y?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

20. Post #140
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,746 Posts
    So, will the End be one big SCP? And all the sub-entities, like Endstone and Endermen and the Enderdragon (and those weird healing crystals) are all like SCP-XXX-Y?
    I like the sound of this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

21. Post #141
    January 2010
    5,164 Posts
    Apparently Bukkit has updated to 1.0.0, is this what we're looking for?

Has been for ages.

http://ci.bukkit.org

Use at your own risk, can do great damage.

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,121 Posts
    Note the last line of that quote.
    Also, the plugins not being compatible with 1.0.0 is the main problem.

23. Post #143
    Note the last line of that quote.
    Also, the plugins not being compatible with 1.0.0 is the main problem.
    That last line was mostly idiot proofing, I've been using it since the fifth build came out for 1.0.0 without any major problems.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,746 Posts
    So does this mean the server will be upgraded to 1.0.0 very soon?

25. Post #145
    dvc
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    2,632 Posts
    So does this mean the server will be upgraded to 1.0.0 very soon?
    Hopefully.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

26. Post #146
    August 2009
    652 Posts
    That is awesome!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #147
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,078 Posts
    Get hype.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

28. Post #148

September 2010
    457 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    8,370 Posts
    When the server gets updated to 1.0, it'll most likely get a huge momentum again, because the update contains lots of SCP-potential items.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Hungary Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

30. Post #150
    January 2010
    5,164 Posts
    If I recall, there were plans to fill the inner chamber of The Cube with End portal; my suggestion regarding End dimension classification was met with agreement, so technically all the "End" stuff is inside that SCP and has sub-designations. Would that then mean that Endermen are SCPs that have escaped containment?

Would the potions be considered SCP material, or just an aspect of "normal" science? I mean, they're kind of alchemy-based or chemistry-based.
    Also, would Enderpearls be considered Safe or Euclid? They hurt you, but only if you use them.

31. Post #151

September 2010
    457 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

32. Post #152
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    8,746 Posts
    Minecraft temp creative server. Will be online until 19:00 and will be back tomorrow at 16:00 to 19:00.

val.venez.fr:25505
    Are those times recorded in your timezone, and if so, what would that be in EST?

33. Post #153

September 2010
    457 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #154
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,121 Posts
    If the update ever comes.

Edited:

Oh, how'd I miss those posts?
    Do you want me to grab you the map Val?

35. Post #155
    August 2009
    652 Posts
    IS the server updated?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,121 Posts
    No.

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    April 2010
    2,078 Posts
    C'mon!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

38. Post #158
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,121 Posts
    The server files.
    Every plugin in there is carefully backdated to bukkit version #1185, because two of them crash instantly if you use a different bukkit version.
    To my knowledge, none of the plugins we use have been updated to run on whatever alpha version the bukkit team have managed to spit out lately.
    If you would like to run a pure creative server with no administration or plugins, be my guest. I will happily merge whatever is left of your map when (if???) the official update goes live.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

39. Post #159

September 2010
    457 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events

40. Post #160
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    6,121 Posts
    About time!
    Right, lets see if any of our lazy lazy authors have bothered to keep up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events