1. Post #281
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    2,597 Posts
    Or just make a dupe without the E2
    That's the problem because the only 2 dupes that are broken has the E2 on. Making a new dupe and the error won't come anymore.

2. Post #282
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    -TB- could you make something that will abort pasting after finding that there is a prop missing? Or give us option to allow pasting not completly our contraptions. Because after pasting contraption with a entity missing the duped expression 2 starts to produce massive lag (on my linux server. I don't know if it has same output on windows). Only lua_reloadents helps me out (after removing every duped expression 2).

EDIT: Just want to expand my idea. An option that prevents from spawning contraptions that have more entities than server allows and if they have a prop that doesn't exist on a server.

3. Post #283
    October 2011
    95 Posts
    Im going to get so bashed in the head with a bat for this but what the hell. How do i download this tool? When i click the link it takes me to googlecode and i have to keep drilling down through the folders to find one small part of the file.

4. Post #284
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    For example you can download it by that: http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #285
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,383 Posts
    -TB- could you make something that will abort pasting after finding that there is a prop missing? Or give us option to allow pasting not completly our contraptions. Because after pasting contraption with a entity missing the duped expression 2 starts to produce massive lag (on my linux server. I don't know if it has same output on windows). Only lua_reloadents helps me out (after removing every duped expression 2).

EDIT: Just want to expand my idea. An option that prevents from spawning contraptions that have more entities than server allows and if they have a prop that doesn't exist on a server.
    I'm not understanding your request.

6. Post #286
    January 2012
    1,826 Posts
    Is it possible to use this tool to rip out models from maps? Because I found some vehicles from this map (http://filesmelt.com/dl/L4D2s_Dead_Centers_Highway.zip) and tried duplicating them. The glass for the model is already connected, so I tried saving it because I can't seem to connect them myself. However, the Adv. Dupe tool would only save one or the other. Is this a bug or something? I could really use those vehicles.

7. Post #287
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,383 Posts
    I don't really understand your question either. Did you try using area copy on them?

8. Post #288
    October 2011
    95 Posts
    For example you can download it by that: http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/
    Thank you!

9. Post #289
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    I'm not understanding your request.
    To put it simply: you could make it so, when one tries to paste a contraption which has more props (or any other entities) than allowed on the server, it returns an error, like "Duplication exceeds server's limits". Same thing with a missing prop.

10. Post #290
    January 2012
    1,826 Posts
    I don't really understand your question either. Did you try using area copy on them?
    Yes. It spawns the vechile prop and everything surrounding it, but not the glass connected to the vehcile.

Try copying a vehicle from the map I posted and you'll see what I'm getting at.

11. Post #291
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,383 Posts
    To put it simply: you could make it so, when one tries to paste a contraption which has more props (or any other entities) than allowed on the server, it returns an error, like "Duplication exceeds server's limits". Same thing with a missing prop.
    It already does do this. Is there something else I'm missing?

12. Post #292
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    That's interesting. Every time I accidently hit acf_gun/seats/any other entity limit and pasted contraption had expression 2, every duped chip starts to produce masive lag and every time there wasn't any warning.

Maybe it's because it's on a Linux server?

13. Post #293
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,383 Posts
    That's because the warning is in the console to prevent massive spam of notification in the case several models are missing.

Edited:
    I could add one notification that says, "There are models missing, check the console for details".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #294
    August 2008
    124 Posts
    Is it possible to use this tool to rip out models from maps? Because I found some vehicles from this map (http://filesmelt.com/dl/L4D2s_Dead_Centers_Highway.zip) and tried duplicating them. The glass for the model is already connected, so I tried saving it because I can't seem to connect them myself. However, the Adv. Dupe tool would only save one or the other. Is this a bug or something? I could really use those vehicles.
    You can use GCFScape to extract files from maps.

15. Post #295
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    That's because the warning is in the console to prevent massive spam of notification in the case several models are missing.

Edited:
    I could add one notification that says, "There are models missing, check the console for details".
    Ok. I found what is the problem: Indeed there is a warning in the console but only for non-admins. Sorry for trouble with that :F

But! I have another issue. However and whatever I try to download from my server via FTP always ends with the error "Could not open [@addons\advdupe2\lua\advdupe2\sv_codec.lua:646] detected AD2 file corrupted in file transfer (newlines homogenized)(when using FTP, transfer AD2 files in image/binary mode, not ASCII/text mode)". Of course I used the binary mode (first try was via the Filezilla, second through the WinSCP. Protocol: SFTP). Here you've got an example dupe from my server: http://speedy.sh/J28vY/m2a1-105mm-howitzer.zip

16. Post #296
    August 2008
    124 Posts
    Ok. I found what is the problem: Indeed there is a warning in the console but only for non-admins. Sorry for trouble with that :F

But! I have another issue. However and whatever I try to download from my server via FTP always ends with the error "Could not open [@addons\advdupe2\lua\advdupe2\sv_codec.lua:646] detected AD2 file corrupted in file transfer (newlines homogenized)(when using FTP, transfer AD2 files in image/binary mode, not ASCII/text mode)". Of course I used the binary mode (first try was via the Filezilla, second through the WinSCP. Protocol: SFTP). Here you've got an example dupe from my server: http://speedy.sh/J28vY/m2a1-105mm-howitzer.zip
    Checked the file and newlines are indeed messed up. Was the file you provided downloaded from the server with AD2 or with an FTP client?

17. Post #297
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    File provided was downloaded with an FTP client. Files downloaded through AD2 are good but all applied materials are gone. It's time consuming to download every single file from my server. I want to make backup of everything on my disk so I could send contraptions to their creators.

18. Post #298
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2012
    360 Posts
    Why are the files un-packaged? Why can't you just download them and put it straight into your addons folder, or wherever it goes for that matter?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #299
    May 2009
    11 Posts
    Finally figured out how to download the damn thing. My method was to:
    1 - copy the url of the Google Code repository
    2 - go to the addons folder in Windows Explorer
    3 - right-click empty space then go Tortoise SVN -> Repo-browser
    4 - Paste the url into the asked field
    5 - Once it's loaded the repo, right-click "trunk" and export to your own GMod "addons" folder.

That is really a pain in the arse. Why would you make it so unfriendly to the uninitiated? Just make regular releases along with the repo, at least.

20. Post #300
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2012
    360 Posts
    5 - Once it's loaded the repo, right-click "trunk" and export to your own GMod "addons" folder.

That is really a pain in the arse. Why would you make it so unfriendly to the uninitiated? Just make regular releases along with the repo, at least.
    What's tortoise SVN and rep browser?

21. Post #301
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts

1) Download SlikSVN
    2)Go to correct folder
    3) copy link off OP
    4) open command prompt
    5) SVN CO http://advdupe2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ "advdupe2"
    6) done
    If you don't like it, too bad, that's how SVN works, and it's used for a majority of all GMod projects, not to mention by most large companies in the industry.

22. Post #302
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,383 Posts
    Okay... I've added a link on how to use an SVN to the OP. It really wasn't that difficult for me to figure SVN out the first time and it's not that hard to search the forums, but here's the tutorial I'm referencing http://facepunch.com/threads/688324?...e+svn+tutorial
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

23. Post #303
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2012
    360 Posts
    Still haven't answered my question:

Why are the files unpackaged?

24. Post #304
    CyberGmod Founder PropHuntv2 Home
    May 2009
    906 Posts
    Still haven't answered my question:

Why are the files unpackaged?
    Because it's easier for everyone to get updates.

Learn to use SVN, http://bit.ly/KbPBqa

25. Post #305
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2012
    360 Posts
    Because it's easier for everyone to get updates.

Learn to use SVN, http://bit.ly/KbPBqa
    How is it "easier"?

Everyone would expect it to be packed into one file that you just download and put into your addons folder, like any other Gmod addon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #306
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    Because this addon is not fully finished. There are still some bugs and problems (LIKE MINE) and that is why SVN is much better solution than downloading every day a package and overwriting existing files.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Poland Show Events Useful Useful x 1 (list)

27. Post #307
    November 2009
    76 Posts
    How is it "easier"?

Everyone would expect it to be packed into one file that you just download and put into your addons folder, like any other Gmod addon.

It's easier if the update changes things often, so you just have to download the things that have changed rather then the entire addon. Trivial for something scripty perhaps, but nontrivial for models, textures, sounds etc.

28. Post #308
    August 2008
    124 Posts
    File provided was downloaded with an FTP client. Files downloaded through AD2 are good but all applied materials are gone. It's time consuming to download every single file from my server. I want to make backup of everything on my disk so I could send contraptions to their creators.
    I don't see how the newlines would've been messed with in binary mode. Does w/e FTP client happen to have an image mode option separate from the binary mode option?

Are you able to create ZIPs/other archives on the server box and then download that?

29. Post #309
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    How is it "easier"?

Tell that to Wiremod, Stargate, SBEP, and Spacebuild.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

30. Post #310
    May 2009
    11 Posts
    Tell that to Wiremod, Stargate, SBEP, and Spacebuild.
    Look, this mod is amazing and props to you if you were involved, but have you not ever heard of releasing regular stable builds?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #311
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    April 2012
    360 Posts
    Look, this mod is amazing and props to you if you were involved, but have you not ever heard of releasing regular stable builds?
    [s]Sig'd[/s]

Wait, this forum doesn't have signatures? :O

I thought they made it SVN only so noobs couldn't download it. That's what a PHX developer (and server owner) told me.

I'm not trusting a bit.ly link.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

32. Post #312
    November 2005
    511 Posts
    I don't see how the newlines would've been messed with in binary mode. Does w/e FTP client happen to have an image mode option separate from the binary mode option?

Are you able to create ZIPs/other archives on the server box and then download that?
    Both FileZilla and WinSCP have only the binary mode. And packing files into zip, bzip2, gzip, tar before downloading doesn't help. I even tried transfering files via SVN! Maybe advdupe2 files can not be transfered from Linux to Windows?

33. Post #313
    August 2008
    124 Posts
    Both FileZilla and WinSCP have only the binary mode. And packing files into zip, bzip2, gzip, tar before downloading doesn't help. I even tried transfering files via SVN! Maybe advdupe2 files can not be transfered from Linux to Windows?
    If packing files into archives doesn't help, it must be a Linux thing. I have no idea what to do from there.

34. Post #314
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    3,612 Posts
    Sure, but as I said, tell that to Wiremod, Stargate, SBEP, and Spacebuild.

35. Post #315
    August 2008
    124 Posts
    We release regular stable builds via SVN.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #316
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    7,239 Posts
    You are why we need a Lua God rating.
    More like Lua Supreme Deity of all Deities.

This deserves such a rating alongside the Physical Clip Tool.

37. Post #317
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    102 Posts
    For some reason it keeps saying "Public folder modification not allowed" when I try to save something into the public folder. I checked all advdup2 settings and they are set correctly. Don't know whats causing this problem.

Do I need to have sv_allowupload set to 1?

38. Post #318
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,383 Posts
    You just need to have AdvDupe2_AllowPublicFolder set to true. And allowupload is for any uploading at all.

39. Post #319
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    511 Posts
    For some reason I cant use any files I have uploaded to a server (server meaning a muti-player game im hosting) it just says File not found or unable to open file right now please wait.
    I tried manually moving hte files to the folder then starting the game but it stills says it cant find them or it cant open it.

40. Post #320
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    1,383 Posts
    Well those 2 notifications have different meanings. If it says to please wait that means you are currently pasting, downloading a file, or uploading a file. When you manually put the files to the folder, they load into the menu when you start the game and pull out the tool?