1. Post #1
    October 2011
    294 Posts
    I used to go to a psychiatrist but my mother pulled me out of that. I was going because I needed help with my anxiety disorder (now managed by myself, at least), post-traumatic stress disorder, and my depression (work in progress, sadly) but I was also seeing him because I was having hallucinations and seeing/hearing people that weren't there. I believe I am schizophrenic. Pretty garden variety, right. But I notice in recent months I find myself flying off the handle or flying into these states of anger at almost nothing. Things like the door being blown open by the wind, when my shoelaces become undone, spilling coffee, etc. I find myself unable to deal with these things and thus, if nobody is around, I end up throwing shit at walls and screaming until I lose my voice for a few hours.

I often find myself irrationally angry or paranoid at other people, again, for the slightest things. When people correct me ("no, you're doing it wrong, let me show you how" or even worse, "no, you're wrong, and my bullshit anecdotal advice/opinions are right Djentleman!!"), when people stare at me too long (Little kids make me want to throw them at a fucking wall why do they STARE SO MUCH) and ESPECIALLY when people come up and surprise me from behind. I lost my best friend (a girl) not too long ago because she put her hands around my eyes and said "Guess who?" when she saw me when I was out in the park for a stroll and I turned around and elbowed her in the fucking face because I thought it was some thug who wanted my wallet. I don't think she told anyone, this was last winter and nobody's confronted me about it. She just fell down to the ground and looked up at me with this really hurt expression on her face and that was the last I ever talked to her.

Now, here's where my mom factors back into all of this. She's a devout Christian who doesn't believe in pills and medications. She was fine letting me go and just talk out my issues and get advice, but when she saw me with anti-depressants and shit for the anxiety, she flipped the fuck out, threw out my meds, and told me that I'd be going to a faith healer. I promptly told her to fuck off and we screamed for about half an hour and I went to my room and I ended up not seeing a faith healer. But whenever I asked her to drive me to the hospital (other end of town) she'd say no or sometimes even outright tell me I wasn't going to take "crazy-person meds."

I find my rages and my temper to be getting worse and worse. I often find myself with thoughts of killing and torturing people, and I'm beginning to hear voices all around me again sometimes.

tl;dr I need mental help, and my mother who is Christian and doesn't believe in medications won't let me go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Friendly x 37Funny x 6Dumb x 4Informative x 2Artistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    elbow your mom in the face you woman-hater
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 34Agree Agree x 6Zing Zing x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    pdp
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    July 2011
    1,173 Posts
    Call a relative that isn't a complete idiot and have them give you help. Also, I'm kind of doubting the validity of this. Why would you not apologize for elbowing your friend? Did you just start walking away without saying anything?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    8,271 Posts
    See a counselor at school or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

5. Post #5
    October 2011
    294 Posts
    Call a relative that isn't a complete idiot and have them give you help. Also, I'm kind of doubting the validity of this. Why would you not apologize for elbowing your friend? Did you just start walking away without saying anything?
    I was extremely scared she would panic and get some other guys to come and kick my ass if I lingered, even to apologize. And it was completely unintentional. I freak the fuck out at people approaching me or touching me form behind.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    admin 2 me
    May 2011
    2,204 Posts
    I don't know whether to believe you or not. If you are generally fucked up in the head you certainly wouldn't be able to communicate as coherent as you have just done. You're mind would be elsewhere. You'd be thinking about burning shit down.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 16 (list)

7. Post #7
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,933 Posts
    I used to go to a psychiatrist but my mother pulled me out of that. I was going because I needed help with my anxiety disorder (now managed by myself, at least), post-traumatic stress disorder, and my depression (work in progress, sadly) but I was also seeing him because I was having hallucinations and seeing/hearing people that weren't there. I believe I am schizophrenic. Pretty garden variety, right. But I notice in recent months I find myself flying off the handle or flying into these states of anger at almost nothing. Things like the door being blown open by the wind, when my shoelaces become undone, spilling coffee, etc. I find myself unable to deal with these things and thus, if nobody is around, I end up throwing shit at walls and screaming until I lose my voice for a few hours.

I often find myself irrationally angry or paranoid at other people, again, for the slightest things. When people correct me ("no, you're doing it wrong, let me show you how" or even worse, "no, you're wrong, and my bullshit anecdotal advice/opinions are right Djentleman!!"), when people stare at me too long (Little kids make me want to throw them at a fucking wall why do they STARE SO MUCH) and ESPECIALLY when people come up and surprise me from behind. I lost my best friend (a girl) not too long ago because she put her hands around my eyes and said "Guess who?" when she saw me when I was out in the park for a stroll and I turned around and elbowed her in the fucking face because I thought it was some thug who wanted my wallet. I don't think she told anyone, this was last winter and nobody's confronted me about it. She just fell down to the ground and looked up at me with this really hurt expression on her face and that was the last I ever talked to her.

Now, here's where my mom factors back into all of this. She's a devout Christian who doesn't believe in pills and medications. She was fine letting me go and just talk out my issues and get advice, but when she saw me with anti-depressants and shit for the anxiety, she flipped the fuck out, threw out my meds, and told me that I'd be going to a faith healer. I promptly told her to fuck off and we screamed for about half an hour and I went to my room and I ended up not seeing a faith healer. But whenever I asked her to drive me to the hospital (other end of town) she'd say no or sometimes even outright tell me I wasn't going to take "crazy-person meds."

I find my rages and my temper to be getting worse and worse. I often find myself with thoughts of killing and torturing people, and I'm beginning to hear voices all around me again sometimes.

tl;dr I need mental help, and my mother who is Christian and doesn't believe in medications won't let me go.
    But I also get angry at stuff like this
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 11Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,733 Posts
    Call social services or something. What your mom is doing is most likely illegal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

9. Post #9
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,120 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 86Agree Agree x 9Winner Winner x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

10. Post #10
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    8,271 Posts
    I don't know whether to believe you or not. If you are generally fucked up in the head you certainly wouldn't be able to communicate as coherent as you have just done. You're mind would be elsewhere. You'd be thinking about burning shit down.
    Not all people with metal disorders are hobos ranting on the streets about how people are stealing their thoughts or serial killers or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #11
    April 2007
    1,907 Posts
    nobody cares about your fucked up life

(User was banned for this post ("Ass" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb x 23Agree x 6Disagree x 5Funny x 3Friendly x 2Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    I was extremely scared she would panic and get some other guys to come and kick my ass if I lingered, even to apologize.
    This is sociopathic and unempathetic behavior. You don't elbow someone in the face hard enough to stun them and knock them to the ground - especially a girl - and walk away, leaving them alone in a park at night where there is apparently a threat of criminal heckling. Ever wonder why you haven't seen her since? It's because you got her raped and killed, you asshole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 24Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #13
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,733 Posts
    This is sociopathic and unempathetic behavior. You don't elbow someone in the face hard enough to stun them and knock them to the ground - especially a girl - and walk away, leaving them alone in a park at night where there is apparently a threat of criminal heckling. Ever wonder why you haven't seen her since? It's because you got her raped and killed, you asshole.
    What the fuck is wrong with you?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 17Funny Funny x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    What the fuck is wrong with you?
    What's wrong with me is not in question in this thread

Anyway this is an incredibly generic sob story riddled with holes like the one I pointed out above. People who walk away and leave their hurt best friends in the middle of a park at night are not the kinds of people who have best friends in the first place. And no mother, devout Christian or otherwise, would deny medication for their obviously ailing son on the grounds that it's "crazy people" medicine. That's ridiculous.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 3 (list)

15. Post #15

October 2011
    105 Posts
    Shut the fuck up faggot

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Orkel))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 18Funny Funny x 7Winner Winner x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

16. Post #16
    October 2011
    294 Posts
    Call social services or something. What your mom is doing is most likely illegal.
    I'm scared to be taken away. I'm not quite sure whether I'd prefer being held back from seeing a psychiatrist or living in a home with drunks or meth addicts or whatever. I don't have any family willing to take me in if I ever do need to leave home. I don't know much about the social help system, so I really have no idea what the fuck would happen if I called social services.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Canada Show Events

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    8,933 Posts
    I'm scared to be taken away. I'm not quite sure whether I'd prefer being held back from seeing a psychiatrist or living in a home with drunks or meth addicts or whatever. I don't have any family willing to take me in if I ever do need to leave home. I don't know much about the social help system, so I really have no idea what the fuck would happen if I called social services.
    It's not a matter of choice you need to do it. Your health depends on it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    14,733 Posts
    Can't be worse than succumbing to schizophrenia.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #19
    admin 2 me
    May 2011
    2,204 Posts
    They won't suddenly turn up at your house and take you away. They would probably arrange a meeting for you and your Mother to discuss the problem.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    5,305 Posts
    They won't suddenly turn up at your house and take you away. They would probably arrange a meeting for you and your Mother to discuss the problem.
    This also. Don't post a thread about it asking us what you should do if you reject every suggestion on what to do because you're "scared" of the consequences.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

21. Post #21
    May 2011
    163 Posts
    dude i got wasted last night and told this kid who looks like hes 14 that i wanted to violate his innocence and give him nightmares when hes 20.

everyones crazy
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Useful Useful x 1 (list)

22. Post #22
    August 2008
    891 Posts
    Used to get all of these symptoms, I mean really badly. turned out it was my sleeping pattern and too much caffeine. Since I stopped drinking coffee and making sure i get at least 6 hours of sleep a night I have only felt anxious occasionally although that is more than likely natural as I'm 17.

I also thought that I may have schizophrenia seeing as my biological father had it but I feel as though I read into it on the internet and made my self believe I had it. try not to read too much into illnesses, especially mental illness as you will convince yourself and perhaps over dramatize some symptoms ( not saying the anxiety and paranoia aren't shit as fuck ).

When I was 13-15 I also got really mad at silly things, like enraged to the point where i'd punch things and clench up ( like the wow freak out vid but without the remote), this just passed and I assume was hormones been a pain the ass, wouldn't dwell on it.

Try to sleep, try to tell someone and maybe start some exercise, going sparring and walking every morning have helped me beyond belief.

Hope all goes well bud.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #23
    :v:
    December 2009
    868 Posts
    fuck da police and go get meds

Bro, I used to have OCD and I got those same thoughts you get. Just let them play in your head, the more you try to stop them, the more they come. Just let them play in your head and don't react to them. I hope everything is ok :smith:

I also have severe anger issues, but not at things like wind blowing doors open. It gets to the point were people who don't know me are afraid to approach me because they think i'm some chavvy violent fuck because even if someone points and laughs at me I would punch them until they're on the ground. I guess I'm insecure.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    706 Posts
    Well, tbh many people get angry at the littlest things. And finding yourslef with thoughts of killing someone is not that weird.
    I used to find myself thinking about killing my teachers or leveling the whole school up when i was at high school
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

25. Post #25
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,170 Posts
    Why are there so many threads popping up about a disorder or a phobia?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

26. Post #26
    Don't worry, I love you! OP!

Edited:

I hate you though, you can die in a well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

27. Post #27
    June 2010
    2,479 Posts
    Because Facepunch makes people crazy.

Edited:

Nobody cares about your fucked up opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

28. Post #28
    June 2010
    6,313 Posts
    If you're being serious, Djentleman (and sorry, it's hard to tell sometimes on the net), then whatever you do, don't rely on Facepunch. There are way more qualified sites and communities for you available.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Germany Show Events

29. Post #29

June 2011
    32 Posts
    Because it is full of liars begging for attention???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Because it is full of liars begging for attention???
    I'm going to leave you alone...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #31

June 2011
    32 Posts
    I'm going to leave you alone...
    kthen

Edit:

Ownzoned
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Zing Zing x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

32. Post #32
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    706 Posts
    How useful was that answer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

33. Post #33

June 2011
    32 Posts
    How useful was that answer.
    more useful than you think it was

was that deep???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Zing Zing x 1Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    kthen

Edit:

Ownzoned
    wait... by quoting you, I'm not leaving you alo-

FUCK
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

35. Post #35

June 2011
    32 Posts
    wait... by quoting you, I'm not leaving you alo-

FUCK
    FUCKING OWNZONED
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #36
    :v:
    December 2009
    868 Posts
    get out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

37. Post #37
    FUCKING OWNZONED

oops

Edited:

ownzoned
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

38. Post #38
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    641 Posts
    Seriously don't take the medication. It will fuck you up even further man...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #39

June 2011
    32 Posts

oops

Edited:

ownzoned
    nice job feg thats my broski

OWNZONED

Edited:

get out.
    ur mum has to get out my kitchen XD

(User was permabanned for this post ("Alt" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

40. Post #40
    July 2010
    3,445 Posts
    Your sanity is low, turn your lantern on.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 14Funny Funny x 2 (list)