1. Post #201
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,848 Posts
    I'm terrible with lore and stuff. Can we expect to see maybe the bushwhacker or shadowcat in this?
    Bushwacker is after CLANNERSCUM invasion :>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #202
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,870 Posts
    I'm terrible with lore and stuff. Can we expect to see maybe the bushwhacker or shadowcat in this?
    bushwacker no, shadowcat maybe depending on how Clantech implementation is handled.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

3. Post #203
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    nah, you love clan bullshit, admit it.

and as for lethality I hope mechs are tough but can be taken out or disabled relatively quickly with few skillfully placed shots.

Sorta like how Tanks work in Men of War as apposed to Company of Heroes.
    Are you shitting me.

Are you shitting me.

"You love clan bullshit, admit it."

No. No sir I do not like green clans and ham.

Take Battletech, an amazing setting, it's an amazing blend of Sci-fi and feudalism. Where mechwarriors pilot family heirlooms, ancient archaic lost technology. The only reason more can be made is that the facilities that make them are automated. Like, you clan loving faggots don't get it, it was SO COOL being a knight, a lord, a mechwarrior.

You didn't care about double heat sinks, you didn't give a fuck about ER PULSE bullshit. It didn't exist. You had a piece of shit and it was your FAMILY's mech, it belonged in SERVICE to your empire. You were a knight and it was amazing.

Then out of nowhere fucking aliens (they thought that the clanners were actually aliens at first because their mechs were so amazing and their fighting styles were so boss) come out of nowhere and turn your machines into lego. Now you get to customize everything and ride on dope spinners. Change your weapons for every battle.

Fuck that. Where's the soul of your mech, when it was the mech that your great great grandfather once piloted, and if it were to be destroyed you would worse than dead because you couldn't pilot anymore unless someone really loved you or you were just THAT good that you would get a replacement.

Also, I like the idea of MAKING DUE. Know why Saving Private Ryan was a good movie? They had to make due. Nobody gives a shit about the guys who have all the shiny bits, it's the poor blokes who have the rusted scrap that everyone cheers for.

Basically I don't want it to be like MW4 which was an ok game, but the light laser didn't do shit all. Medium lasers are supposed to be fucking scary. PPCs and Gauss rifles were near execution tools, with each shot scaring the shit out of even heavy mechs (and assaults in most cases). If you took one Gauss shot to the cockpit you were fucked, end of story. PPCs would tear the arms off of mediums and some heavies. I want to be TERRIFIED when a mech turns at me.

I want to say "oh shit" when I see an enemy mech pivot it's medium laser at me.

I want to feel like I am in the middle of a battletech novel.

AND IF MY MECH GETS A FUCKING UPGRADE I WILL SMASH MY KEYBOARD IN HALF AND EAT MY HAT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

4. Post #204
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,848 Posts
    Are you shitting me.

Are you shitting me.

"You love clan bullshit, admit it."

No. No sir I do not like green clans and ham.

AND IF MY MECH GETS A FUCKING UPGRADE I WILL SMASH MY KEYBOARD IN HALF AND EAT MY HAT.
    Slow down there, Mr. Seuss. It's just a game man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

5. Post #205
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,870 Posts
    he has a point, weapons need a serious overhaul in terms of effectiveness.

and also Omnitech was a predicable evolution in technology, shit would have shown up eventually even without clan interaction. I also like the idea of customization to suite you favored combat style. for instance, I will be mounting AC and LB-Xs on shit like it's going out of style.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #206
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,284 Posts
    Phoenix Hawk, fuckyeah. Fly it around and troll fans by talking about Aliens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Slow down there, Mr. Seuss. It's just a game man.
    IT'S NOT A GAME IT'S BATTLETECH I AM A LORD WITH LAND.
    I OWN MECHS AND PLANETS.
    I AM A NOBLE KNIGHT.

If none of you swag bros (read as clanner scum supporters) know what I'm talking about, hunt down some of the novels dealing with the 4th Succession War.

Best mech fluff ever. EVER.

Edited:

he has a point, weapons need a serious overhaul in terms of effectiveness.
    Thank you, you are forgiven.

I can deal with lego mechs and clanner scum so long as my weapons are killy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

8. Post #208
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,848 Posts
    IT'S NOT A GAME IT'S BATTLETECH I AM A LORD WITH LAND.
    I OWN MECHS AND PLANETS.
    I AM A NOBLE KNIGHT.

If none of you swag bros (read as clanner scum supporters) know what I'm talking about, hunt down some of the novels dealing with the 4th Succession War.

Best mech fluff ever. EVER.

Edited:

I bet you're the kind of guy who gets upset when different foods on his plate touch.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

9. Post #209
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    Damn, no Uziel for me. At least the Centurion will be making it in.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

10. Post #210
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,870 Posts

really it's the only thing they can do to stop the circlestrafeathon that MW fell into.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #211
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    I bet you're the kind of guy who gets upset when different foods on his plate touch.
    Actually I mix my shit up into a slurry.

Rice, vegetables, meat. Fuck that, dry stew with rice.
    Mashed potatoes? Delicious vegetable train.
    Veggies + shepard's pie? Shepard's pie with DIY extra veggies.

Obviously some meals you can't just mix it all together into one delicious flavour train, but most you can.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #212
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,848 Posts
    Mechwarrior 4, using a Supernova. My loadout? :

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 9Winner Winner x 1 (list)

13. Post #213
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    I will be mounting AC and LB-Xs on shit like it's going out of style.
    All the weapons are cool as shit, but there needs to be balance repercussions.

Like exploding ammunition.

Nothing like taking a medium laser somewhere but it penetrates your armor and sets off your cache of SRMS. Boom goes the dynamite.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #214
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,870 Posts
    oh Daboku, you so shitty.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Daboku

this is probably going to be the "I couldn't afford a Mauler, so I settled for this shitbox instead"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts

this is probably going to be the "I couldn't afford a Mauler, so I settled for this shitbox instead"
    Ahahaha yes the favoured "my weapon system is terrible" armament.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #216
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,870 Posts
    All the weapons are cool as shit, but there needs to be balance repercussions.

Like exploding ammunition.

Nothing like taking a medium laser somewhere but it penetrates your armor and sets off your cache of SRMS. Boom goes the dynamite.
    well since they are taking lore so seriously they will probably have Ammo rack explosions and judging from the concept art of the hunchback cockpit they may have different selectable ammo types.

Like LB-X cannons can fire HEAP or cluster ammo.

ohboyohboyohboybohboy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #217
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,848 Posts
    Like LB-X cannons can fire HEAP or cluster ammo.

ohboyohboyohboybohboy.
    Don't tease me, man.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

18. Post #218
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    "implement core battletech rules"

I really hope they include all of them, it will bring me so much joy watching new pilots throw their light mechs into turns at full speed on concrete, fall over and lose half their armor as their mech grinds along the ground.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #219
    January 2008
    1,116 Posts
    Uh, I don't exactly follow the timeline, but what about the Mad Dog/Vulture?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

20. Post #220
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    Uh, I don't exactly follow the timeline, but what about the Mad Dog/Vulture?
    Should be in there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #221
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,592 Posts
    It is. I came.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #222
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    4,239 Posts
    I really wonder what the starting mechs we're going to be able to choose from are.

23. Post #223
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,848 Posts

I think this sums up what my reaction would be if I somehow had that shitbox, was in the middle of a fight, and I get auto-ejected from getting hit in that sweet spot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

24. Post #224
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,870 Posts
    it would be really funny if they worked that into the game.

25. Post #225
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,848 Posts

1:05

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Late Late x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,870 Posts
    Suddenly, A wild Atlas appears.

27. Post #227
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,848 Posts
    Suddenly, A wild Atlas appears.
    More like suddenly, a wild NOPE appears
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

28. Post #228
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,940 Posts
    I don't know anything about Mechwarrior.

What's the best mech I want that one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

29. Post #229
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,848 Posts

There is simply not a "best" mech. It's all preference.

Edited:

Although, since you do like playing the most sadisticly shitty tanks in WoT, I highly recommend you check out the Daboku. Disregard anything you read about it further up the page.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 9Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #230
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,940 Posts
    I will rain hell upon my enemies aboard the iron steed that is the Daboku. Thank you for this information, fellow warrior.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

31. Post #231
    I registered an hour ago but I didn't get a confirmation email yet. Is that normal?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

32. Post #232
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,923 Posts

Gausszilla.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Informative Informative x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

33. Post #233
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,940 Posts
    I registered an hour ago but I didn't get a confirmation email yet. Is that normal?
    I just registered an it sent the confirmation a few seconds later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

34. Post #234
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,848 Posts
    Late confirmation emails aren't normal, but when you're CLANNERSCUM they are

Edited:

Raidyr you don't even get the joke, don't rate me funny >:C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

35. Post #235
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,848 Posts
    Dead thread? I'm not saying it's Clanners, but it's Clanners.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

36. Post #236
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts

Commandos.

Squad of 5 commandos can take a city as an unstoppable force.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

37. Post #237
    January 2012
    10,923 Posts
    I had an argument on the MWO forums about AC shell trajectories with a guy who doesn't understand physics.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

38. Post #238
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,848 Posts
    I had an argument on the MWO forums about AC shell trajectories with a guy who doesn't understand physics.
    You mean they're not supposed to go in a straight line forever like a laser???
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Why would you have an argument on a forum about physics?

Edited:

You mean they're not supposed to go in a straight line forever like a laser???
    Why is your avatar a tank wearing a tophat and a monocle and not a mad cat?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

40. Post #240
    January 2012
    10,923 Posts
    Why would you have an argument on a forum about physics?
    He thought it would be more realistic if they did less damage point blank since the shells take a while to get up to speed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)