1. Post #321
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,460 Posts
    Just remember guys, if you ever need a good backup mech to choose, MadCat's waitin for ya ;)
    Nothing can contain the fury of a Mad Cat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #322
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,811 Posts
    It's funny, because they'll probably plaster MLP all over their mechs. This will get them slaughtered on sight. Fucking MLP scum.
    If I seen a pony on someone's mech I'm going to try to aim my LRMs so they're standing in the way, not as fun as just putting a AC20 in their back in the dropzone, but I can blame them for it this way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #323
    Streetwise Angel Booksmart Devil
    January 2010
    3,039 Posts
    It's funny, because they'll probably plaster MLP all over their mechs. This will get them slaughtered on sight. Fucking MLP scum.
    I really hope we can make badges/ decals for our mechs.

So that way I can have a pony-hunter atlas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #324
    January 2012
    10,811 Posts
    I really hope we can make badges/ decals for our mechs.

So that way I can have a pony-hunter atlas.
    I'm hoping for complete custom paint jobs and being able to name mechs, mainly so I can nickname my raven "Quoth" and put shark teeth on the front.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

5. Post #325
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,269 Posts
    that way I can have a pony-hunter atlas.
    Or you could also make it a furry and sonic fan hunter and slap spraypainted "5 YEARS LATER STILL RUINING" on the side.

Three birds with one gauss rifle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

6. Post #326
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    Quad minigauss, push everyone over ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

7. Post #327
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,806 Posts
    We require more Mechs for our glorious concept art folders.

Edited:

oh and I think I fancy myself getting a Victor.

Surprise AC20 jumpjet attack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

8. Post #328
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,925 Posts
    This talk of Pony squashing reminds me of something. I have wanted to make some mech based anti-pony propaganda in garry's mod, but I can't seem to make or find a decent looking and articulate mech. No models exist, and I've tried and failed numerous times to construct something I think looks good enough for the film - would anyone be able to help me out in this department?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

9. Post #329
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,806 Posts
    Hello... Found some doodles done by Alex (the guy who does the redesigns,) these will probably give us some idea of the look of these things in his style.

Accurate depiction of how I will be driving my Victor.

Hello Commando.

lol

Edited:

some custom Victor variants.

sarna posted:
    Victor Li - The custom Victor used by Tai-sho Li Dok To in the Fourth Succession War, this variant removed all the standard weapons and replaced them with a single LRM-15 and ten Medium Lasers. Armor and movement profiles remained unchanged, but it carried a total of nineteen heat sinks. BV (2.0) = 1,625[12]
    VTR-9K2 Victor St. James - After his son was killed in the Taurian Concordat invasion of the Federated Suns, Benedict St. James had his VTR-9K refitted with experimental weapons and equipment to allow him to take his revenge. Replacing the standard weapons with a Long Tom Cannon and two Medium X-Pulse Lasers, St. James' Victor can inflict massive amounts of damage on his prey. The 'Mech's jump jets had to be removed to make way for the weapons load, and technicians equipped it with a patchwork of Ferro-Fibrous and Standard Armor as another weight saving measure. A Supercharger mounted on the engine provides the Victor with unexpected bursts of speed. BV (2.0) = 2,006 [13]
    What the fuck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

10. Post #330
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,269 Posts
    That Commando looks badass.

Also reminds me of how ridiculously fucking fast that thing is in MW4 Mercs.

Speaking of which, Wave mode, 4 vs 4, all Commandos with nothing but small lasers, heat simulation off.

HILARIOUS ADHD CARNAGE.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

11. Post #331
    January 2010
    3,039 Posts
    mmm cant wait to see more redesigns. I really hope the Champion makes it in somehow. Even if it was slow and underpowered, it was fun.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

12. Post #332
    January 2012
    10,811 Posts
    I'm liking all the redesigns, they look a lot more sturdy and less likely to fall over than a lot of the original designs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #333
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,348 Posts
    Almost 2 years since MW4 got released for free and I still haven't gotten it to work.
    Oh well, I was going to pick this up once it comes out anyway.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

14. Post #334
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,269 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

15. Post #335
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Just remember guys, if you ever need a good backup mech to choose, MadCat's waitin for ya ;)
    Because it's not good enough for anything besides a backup
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

16. Post #336
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,348 Posts
    Yeah. MTX got locked in offline mode though and I can't get it out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

17. Post #337
    June 2011
    2,946 Posts
    i cried tears of nostalgia when i saw this thread.
    and i'm not even a year late to the party !
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Lithuania Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #338
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,269 Posts

Arrrrrr come at me miserable 20-ton midgets
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

19. Post #339
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts

Arrrrrr come at me miserable 20-ton midgets
    You know, those should really be in groups so you don't burn through all your rounds and have nothing to show for it except a mechwarrior in a light mech laughing at you as s/he kills you with a light laser.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

20. Post #340
    June 2010
    2,253 Posts
    Yeah. MTX got locked in offline mode though and I can't get it out.
    Go into like, options, last tab, click repair.

What's the latest version of MW4?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

21. Post #341
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,269 Posts
    Not sure, I just picked the topmost one that didn't read "hotfix" or "patch"

You know, those should really be in groups so you don't burn through all your rounds and have nothing to show for it except a mechwarrior in a light mech laughing at you as s/he kills you with a light laser.
    Yeah, but I put Unlimited Ammo on just for this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #342
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,839 Posts

.0030c
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

23. Post #343
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,283 Posts
    My favorite mech is a MadCat because on the third mission in MechCommander, you're supposed to run away from one at the end of the mission because you only have a couple of light mechs, but you can shoot the fuel tanks that it walks next to and if you get it just right, you have a tiny chance of salvaging it intact with both PPCs and it kicks ass at that point in the game. And that's why I like the MadCat.

24. Post #344
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,208 Posts
    My favorite mech is a MadCat because on the third mission in MechCommander, you're supposed to run away from one at the end of the mission because you only have a couple of light mechs, but you can shoot the fuel tanks that it walks next to and if you get it just right, you have a tiny chance of salvaging it intact with both PPCs and it kicks ass at that point in the game. And that's why I like the MadCat.
    Better sell it for more Commandos.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

25. Post #345
    January 2010
    3,039 Posts
    You know, those should really be in groups so you don't burn through all your rounds and have nothing to show for it except a mechwarrior in an Owens laughing at you as s/he forcefully removes your legs.
    hi.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

26. Post #346
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,460 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

27. Post #347
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,839 Posts
    Because it's not good enough for anything besides a backup
    Nuh uh! Look how fierce this guy is!

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

28. Post #348
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,348 Posts

That... actually worked.
    I feel like such a goddamn idiot right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #349
    June 2010
    2,253 Posts
    That... actually worked.
    I feel like such a goddamn idiot right now.
    Do you know why my MW4 freezes when I try to connect to mekmatch? It happens when I click update at the server screen.

30. Post #350
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,839 Posts
    Do you know why my MW4 freezes when I try to connect to mekmatch? It happens when I click update at the server screen.
    Don't click join mekmatch, just click the button below that one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

31. Post #351
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Nuh uh! Look how fierce this guy is!

HOW DARE YOU DEFILE THE GREAT PRINCIPALITY OF ZEON'S PROPERTY WITH THAT ~THING~

32. Post #352
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,839 Posts
    Just played MWLL for a good hour or two, dabbled into Long Tom a few times. All i can say is ENEMY RAGE, ENEMY RAGE EVERYWHERE. That thing 1 or 2hits anything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

33. Post #353
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,269 Posts
    Goddamn I need to get Crysis Wars just for MWLL

34. Post #354
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    23,713 Posts
    I was going to get it last time the Crysis franchise was on sale, was $2 short at the time

Haven't wanted to buy it for full price since.

Edited:

Trying to get this MekTek shit working, says pages are down due to heavy load and I can't get any downloads started.

Edited:

Installed, played some MW4. I am so confused.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

35. Post #355
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    24,269 Posts
    Remember to use LAMS against incoming LRM especially if the enemy is using BAP. Also good to watch out for ACs, LBXs and PPC or your day (and 'mech) will be FUBAR really fast.

36. Post #356
    April 2007
    4,981 Posts
    Remember to use LAMS against incoming LRM especially if the enemy is using BAP. Also good to watch out for ACs, LBXs and PPC or your day (and 'mech) will be FUBAR really fast.
    Get TAG'd. See Barrage of Arrow 4's coming. Stand still and watch them come in. Jumpjet at last second.

[h2]LIKE I EVEN GIVE A FUCK[/H2]

*fwoosh*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events Winner Winner x 3 (list)

37. Post #357
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    LIKE I EVEN GIVE A FUCK
    *fwoosh*
    What is it with all these [h2]TANKS[/h2] in the mechwarrior thread D:

Nyan Madcat GO!

38. Post #358
    April 2007
    4,981 Posts
    What is it with all these [h2]TANKS[/h2] in the mechwarrior thread D:

Nyan Madcat GO!
    Be glad I like mechwarrior more then world of tanks, it's a masterful piece of art. I can't wait to see how this F2P turns out since it's pretty much confirmed it's gonna be awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events

39. Post #359
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,806 Posts
    You can thank World of Tanks for proving that a not-bullshit-korean-F2P-MMO actually makes money and is sustainable and is fun to play.

which is one of the reasons why our outlook for MWO is so good, World of Tanks is a good game it just has few crippling flaws and a horrible playerbase, MWO seems like it will walk the same road without fucking up as bad as WoT has.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

40. Post #360
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,925 Posts
    You can thank World of Tanks for proving that a not-bullshit-korean-F2P-MMO actually makes money and is sustainable and is fun to play.

which is one of the reasons why our outlook for MWO is so good, World of Tanks is a good game it just has few crippling flaws and a horrible playerbase, MWO seems like it will walk the same road without fucking up as bad as WoT has.
    I would have to say Mechwarrior definately has a better playerbase than most franchises out, probably due to the fact everyone is 20 and over.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)