1. Post #641
    Streetwise Angel Booksmart Devil
    January 2010
    3,030 Posts
    This game better have a fucking Dreadnought.
    I think even an Elemental could take apart a Dreadnought.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

2. Post #642
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,408 Posts
    I think even an Elemental could take apart a Dreadnought.
    An Elemental would be an even match to a Space Marine, possibly a Terminator, but not a Dred.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

3. Post #643
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,146 Posts
    An Elemental would be an even match to a Space Marine, possibly a Terminator, but not a Dred.
    From what I know, Elementals' raw strength differ from as low as a buff Guardsman to some of primarchs (for experimental elementals).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #644
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,736 Posts
    The IS could take the Imperium on a planet bound battle though I don't know much about spaceships in WH 40k.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #645
    My favorite NSA triggers are small pox cyber terror brown out
    November 2009
    7,251 Posts
    The IS could take the Imperium on a planet bound battle though I don't know much about spaceships in WH 40k.
    They're pretty rape-capable.

Also, WH40k would probably win a planet battle if they declared exterminus, but then, you know, the planet is fucked. They don't get shit for spoils of war.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #646
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,736 Posts
    They're pretty rape-capable.

Also, WH40k would probably win a planet battle if they declared exterminus, but then, you know, the planet is fucked. They don't get shit for spoils of war.
    I'm pretty sure it takes ships to do that though, and big ones.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #647
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,146 Posts
    Alas, IS would lack the combat strength and general unity to take on Imperium. Doesn't help either that Imperium would dominate in space (difference in scale and generally more capability for space-to-ground combat/destruction).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

8. Post #648
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,771 Posts
    Alas, IS would lack the combat strength and general unity to take on Imperium. Doesn't help either that Imperium would dominate in space (difference in scale and generally more capability for space-to-ground combat/destruction).
    though fighting the IS on the ground would essentially be like fighting an army of Titans all the time and even the smaller dropships would be considered rape fortresses on the ground. Who would win in space is really largely dependent on how effective BT type weaponry would be against 40k tech.

but yeah the Imperium is far has far more at it's disposal in terms of "Fuck your whole Planet" weaponry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #649
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,146 Posts
    though fighting the IS on the ground would essentially be like fighting an army of Titans all the time and even the smaller dropships would be considered rape fortresses on the ground. Who would win in space is really largely dependent on how effective BT type weaponry would be against 40k tech.

but yeah the Imperium is far has far more at it's disposal in terms of "Fuck your whole Planet" weaponry.
    Ahaha. No. Leman Russ Tank can take on a Medium or a Heavy Mech. Titans are ridiculously powerful, and although slow, chances are, they are going to wield far more destructive weapons than their Mech counterparts. Don't forget the Baneblades and other superheavies, who can rival mechs as well. And at the end of the day, Imperial Guard is too numerous, even if the weapons of either sides are equal. For all the IS' combat strength, the military troops are very few (in scale to WH40k), as they mainly rely on mechs. From what I can assume, usual IS planet would have a company of mechs stationed there (battalion on more important planets). Everything else would be small ground forces (which are either focused in urban infantry warfare or heavy tanks for mech combat). Guard may simply overrun their position, as even mechs can't fire forever. That, and when you have hundreds of small lasers firing at you repeatedly, they tend to add up.

One thing that Battletech has, is speed. Assault Mechs can push on average of 60KPH, meaning that they can respond to threats over a huge area, as well as efficiently retreat against all troops but Airborne or Lightly Armed forces. And titans appearently have tiny range, with low-ranged weapons of 300 meters or so.

Also Psykers.

10. Post #650
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,402 Posts
    From what I know, Elementals' raw strength differ from as low as a buff Guardsman to some of primarchs (for experimental elementals).
    Clan Elementals, without their suits, could presumably rip a person in half.
    With their suits on, they can tear apart mechs.

RIP AND TEAR

Edited:

Ahaha. No. Leman Russ Tank can take on a Medium or a Heavy Mech. Titans are ridiculously powerful, and although slow, chances are, they are going to wield far more destructive weapons than their Mech counterparts. Don't forget the Baneblades and other superheavies, who can rival mechs as well. And at the end of the day, Imperial Guard is too numerous, even if the weapons of either sides are equal. For all the IS' combat strength, the military troops are very few (in scale to WH40k), as they mainly rely on mechs. From what I can assume, usual IS planet would have a company of mechs stationed there (battalion on more important planets). Everything else would be small ground forces (which are either focused in urban infantry warfare or heavy tanks for mech combat). Guard may simply overrun their position, as even mechs can't fire forever. That, and when you have hundreds of small lasers firing at you repeatedly, they tend to add up.

One thing that Battletech has, is speed. Assault Mechs can push on average of 60KPH, meaning that they can respond to threats over a huge area, as well as efficiently retreat against all troops but Airborne or Lightly Armed forces. And titans appearently have tiny range, with low-ranged weapons of 300 meters or so.

Also Psykers.
    You're forgetting the crazy-ass experimental tech that sometimes shows up in BattleTech, and the mega-scale vehicles like the Rattler MK2 mobile anti-air system.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #651
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,146 Posts
    Clan Elementals, without their suits, could presumably rip a person in half.
    With their suits on, they can tear apart mechs.
    As I said, depends from source to source.

You're forgetting the crazy-ass experimental tech that sometimes shows up in BattleTech, and the mega-scale vehicles like the Rattler MK2 mobile anti-air system.
    The main point is on "Experimental". Although, there are always Demolishers I/II.

12. Post #652
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,402 Posts
    Imperium would probably win in a space battle, as BattleTech WarShips are extremely fragile compared to the flying cathedrals depicted in WH40K art. BattleTech space battles are over within minutes because of how frail the ships are, and how powerful the weapons are.

On a side note, BattleTech WarShip weapons are likely more powerful on average than Imperium weapons - a single blast from a WarShip PPC can level a moderately sized city.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #653
    November 2009
    7,251 Posts
    Are we speaking of the same titans here? The same titans that have an arm laser roughly the size of the empire state building? Sorry, but I don't think anything short of 40 lances of atlases equipped with long toms is going to be bringing that thing down.
    On the upside, I'm pretty sure titans are hard to come by and transporting them isn't exactly a walk in the park.

1 on 1, I think a dreadnaught GETS BENT OVER AND ROBOT RAPED BY A SHADOWCAT

As for infantry, throw a bunch of lasers on a shitload of jenners (no ammo use, expendable light mech) and you could blast space marines to dust all day long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

14. Post #654
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,402 Posts
    Are we speaking of the same titans here? The same titans that have an arm laser roughly the size of the empire state building? Sorry, but I don't think anything short of 40 lances of atlases equipped with long toms is going to be bringing that thing down.
    On the upside, I'm pretty sure titans are hard to come by and transporting them isn't exactly a walk in the park.

1 on 1, I think a dreadnaught could take on pretty much any IS mech, but a well-trained lance could dispatch of one with a fair amount of ease.

As for infantry, throw a bunch of lasers on a shitload of jenners (no ammo use, expendable light mech) and you could blast space marines to dust all day long.
    Aren't Dreadnaughts about the size of a large dumpster? You just walk up to one in your Atlas and kick it over, then step on it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

15. Post #655
    November 2009
    7,251 Posts
    Maybe, I could just be horribly mistaken.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

16. Post #656
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,402 Posts
    Naw, use Inferno SRMs. They're much better versus infantry.

17. Post #657
    November 2009
    7,251 Posts
    I don't know too much about 40k, aside from a little bit of wikipedia reading and what my friend has told me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

18. Post #658
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,146 Posts
    Aren't Dreadnaughts about the size of a dumpster? You just walk up to one in your Atlas and kick it over, then step on it.
    Well, Dreds are tough little buggers. Getting into close range with it, is an invitation of "Get Your Limbs Ripped Off" land. It can't take on non-light/medium mechs otherwise, but they could generally take a salvo from PPC and TANKRED ENDURE.

Also, Guardsmen. Not marines. Marines are likely to take little damage from most light laser weaponry (I am gonna assume that Medium Laser equals lascannon).

Edited:

Also, sure smells like Factpile in here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

19. Post #659
    November 2009
    7,251 Posts
    yup, I was wrong. this little fatass is a dreadnought:

20. Post #660
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,402 Posts
    Well, Dreds are tough little buggers. Getting into close range with it, is an invitation of "Get Your Limbs Ripped Off" land. It can't take on non-light/medium mechs otherwise, but they could generally take a salvo from PPC and TANKRED ENDURE.

Also, Guardsmen. Not marines. Marines are likely to take little damage from most light laser weaponry (I am gonna assume that Medium Laser equals lascannon).

Edited:

A medium laser weighs 1 metric ton and makes between 800ish megajoules and 2.0 gigajoules of power.

21. Post #661
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,146 Posts
    A medium laser weighs 1 metric ton and makes between 800ish megajoules and 2.0 gigajoules of power.
    Well shit, guess I was wrong. I am still surprised that this weapon is inferior to some autocannons.

Well, at least Lasguns of WH40k produce 19MJs of energy, and appearently Battletechs ones range on average of 1.5MJs.

22. Post #662
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,771 Posts

1 on 1, I think a dreadnaught could take on pretty much any IS mech, but a well-trained lance could dispatch of one with a fair amount of ease.

I think a Warhound Titan is a relatively equivalent to a Medium Battlemech, Reaver Titans More in the Assault spectrum.

Warlords are just like nah fuck you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

23. Post #663
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    9,818 Posts
    I think a Warhound Titan is a relatively equivalent to a Medium Battlemech, Reaver Titans More in the Assault spectrum.

Warlords are just like nah fuck you.
    Don't forget these guys

Edited:

And for scale

24. Post #664
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,811 Posts
    Why are we discussing WH40k in the Mechwarrior thread? Isn't there already a thread for that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #665
    June 2010
    2,253 Posts
    Why are we discussing WH40k in the Mechwarrior thread? Isn't there already a thread for that?
    My mechs can beat your mechs up.

Nuh uh.

Uh huh.

NUH UH.

UH HUH.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #666
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    9,818 Posts
    Yeah... I'm done I swear.

Now, where were we... OH YEAH.
    Who here would play multiplayer games of MW2 by starting the game on one machine, and moving the disk to the second one to start it on that one too?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

27. Post #667
    July 2010
    3,963 Posts
    WH40k + IS vs Chaos + Clanners

Think would be a good game/MMO? :allears:

I wouldn't mind good quality single-player campaign.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #668
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,811 Posts
    Keep that WH40K shit outta Mechwarrior.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

29. Post #669
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    2,283 Posts
    What would win, the Enterprise or a Star Destroyer?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

30. Post #670
    Gold Member
    December 2004
    9,408 Posts
    Keep that WH40K shit outta Mechwarrior.
    As much as I hate this Ghost Scum Bear and am an Avid fan of 40k, I have to agree.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 1Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #671
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,890 Posts
    What would win, the Enterprise or a Star Destroyer?
    Colossus assault dropship
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

32. Post #672
    Gold Member
    September 2007
    15,926 Posts
    why the fuck would a castle have a chainsaw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #673
    April 2007
    4,893 Posts

Edited:

Dreadnoughts are unbelievably dangerous and good in vehicle combat, they are pretty much brains encased in super tough armor with the biggest balls you've ever seen.
    I remember a story where a dread managed to get close to, oh, a giant-class titan without getting vaporized, CLIMBING up the moving city-sized bot while getting shot at by all the troops stationed on it, rip and tearing into the single most armored piece in the imperium, that being the goddamn armored bunker around the fusion reactor and RAMMING IT'S FIST INTO IT SO THE WHOLE THING BLOWS UP IN A MUSHROOM CLOUD

Battletech mechs are pussies compared to the shit that dreadnoughts can do, honestly.

Anyway, back to talking about mechs that keel over because their arm melted off from only a few million degrees of heat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

34. Post #674
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,890 Posts
    -idiots-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

35. Post #675
    November 2010
    1,379 Posts
    There are news about new designs of mechs, or something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events

36. Post #676
    November 2009
    7,251 Posts
    On a closing note of the whole WH40k discussion: if the IS could beat the imperium on a planet battle, imaging what 5 or so teamed-up clans would do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #677
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,146 Posts
    On a closing note of the whole WH40k discussion: if the IS could beat the imperium on a planet battle, imaging what 5 or so teamed-up clans would do.
    End up taking over a single city, and then kill each other in "Honorable Duels" over who gets to rename it for Kerenskii.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #678
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,811 Posts
    -idiots-
    Says the guy posting WH40k in the MechWarrior thread
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

39. Post #679
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    January 2007
    2,682 Posts
    Apples and oranges guys, comparing two fictional universes, especially sci fi ones, is stupid.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #680
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,811 Posts
    Apples and oranges guys, comparing two fictional universes, especially sci fi ones, is stupid.
    BUT I BET MY MECH STOMPS LOUDER THAN YOUR MECH
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)