1. Post #241
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,819 Posts
    Why is your avatar a tank wearing a tophat and a monocle and not a mad cat?
    Because it is a tank wearing a top hat and monocle. Your argument is pretty invalid.

Edited:

Get me a madcat wearing a top hat and we'll see what happens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #242
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,407 Posts
    "implement core battletech rules"

I really hope they include all of them, it will bring me so much joy watching new pilots throw their light mechs into turns at full speed on concrete, fall over and lose half their armor as their mech grinds along the ground.
    I remember playing a game of MegaMek (BattleTech boardgame that runs on the computer) with a couple friends from MechWarrior Living Legends.

One of the new guys sets all of his pilots to a piloting skill of 8 and gunning rank of 8.

A rank of "1" is the best. Each further rank adds a +1 to each dice roll, meaning that beyond rank 6 you'll basically never get a successful dice roll)   

In the first round, both of his Assault mechs (A pair of Mackies) trip on concrete roads and faceplant onto buildings.

His Wasp scout mech plows straight through a building after tripping on a road, ripping both arms off (and all the weapons).
    His other mech, which was deployed by the water, tripped into the water, and the pilot drowned.

He tried rushing me with the Wasp, but both legs got blown off by a land mine that I placed at the start of the round.

I walked my Victor infront of one of his Mackies, at which point he fires all of the weapons at point blank, and misses entirely because his pilots have the IQ of a piece of burnt toast.

Edited:

I don't know anything about Mechwarrior.

What's the best mech I want that one.
    The AS7-D Atlas.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 8Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

3. Post #243
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,819 Posts
    Atlas is far from the best.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

4. Post #244
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,407 Posts
    Atlas is far from the best.
    I disagree with that assertion.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

5. Post #245
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,819 Posts
    You know, suppertime, I guarantee that if you inherited my Supernova variant, you would be far from happy with "making due". The only way you COULD make due is by standing in water any time you fire.

Edited:

I disagree with that assertion.

"Look at me guys I'm so cool and scary, just look at my skull shaped cockpit!!! Cool right???"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

6. Post #246
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    September 2010
    8,080 Posts
    It is true that the best way to make something scary is to have organic looking parts on it. Why else did pilots paint their planes to look like sharks?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

7. Post #247
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,819 Posts
    It is true that the best way to make something scary is to have organic looking parts on it. Why else did pilots paint their planes to look like sharks?
    Cause sharks are terrifying in and of themselves? With your logic I could paint a tulip on a Dasher and it should be scary.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

8. Post #248
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Because flying sharks are FUCKING TERRIFYING.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

9. Post #249
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,819 Posts
    Wait, guys. I know exactly why Atlas' cockpit is skull shaped. It's so simple, how did I not think of it?

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

10. Post #250
    Gold Member
    August 2006
    9,774 Posts
    Wait, guys. I know exactly why Atlas' cockpit is skull shaped. It's so simple, how did I not think of it?

shouldn't that be Kerensky?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #251
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    7,715 Posts
    I think that was just for intimidation or style. Not really trying to be organic.

Edited:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nose_art

Infact, there you go.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #252
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,819 Posts
    shouldn't that be Kerensky?
    gief pictur plos, i ficks it~
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,974 Posts
    Why else did pilots paint their planes to look like sharks?
    Probably to raise the whole "YEAH GUYS LET'S FUCKING DO THIS" spirit. Nothing makes you feel more boss than piloting a war machine with warpaint on it.

I, myself, would be far more afraid of solid black airplanes. That colour on a vehicle is just something that screams "We're gonna kick your ASS and we're gonna LOVE IT."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #254
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,819 Posts
    I'm assuming you meant Aleksander Kerensky, the dude who made the atlas. Here, fixed it:

Edited:

My merge :C

Edited:

Saw this posted on /v/

why

Edited:

I can't hold all these feels
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 6Funny Funny x 6 (list)

15. Post #255
    July 2010
    3,963 Posts
    Probably to raise the whole "YEAH GUYS LET'S FUCKING DO THIS" spirit. Nothing makes you feel more boss than piloting a war machine with warpaint on it.

I, myself, would be far more afraid of solid black airplanes. That colour on a vehicle is just something that screams "We're gonna kick your ASS and we're gonna LOVE IT."
    I think solid black screams "We're gonna kill you and add +1 to kill count without any emotion." Emotionless kill is terrifying, and what better represents lack of emotion than lack of color.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Estonia Show Events

16. Post #256
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BAKELITE FETISH
    Dennab
    April 2011
    6,395 Posts
    Edited:

Nice.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

17. Post #257
    White Fusion will love him forever and ever~
    January 2012
    10,753 Posts
    No one was scared of sharks until Sea Fox changed their name.

I am going to mic spam the shit out of MEGAS once this is out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

18. Post #258
    November 2010
    1,387 Posts
    Ohh, Bushwaker isnt on the list. Well, at least i see another mechs that i like.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Spain Show Events

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,407 Posts
    Ohh, Bushwaker isnt on the list. Well, at least i see another mechs that i like.
    The Bushwacker is a much newer 'Mech. The game takes place before production started (and for that matter, before the tech existed to build it).

20. Post #260
    I survived Camp FP 2010
    January 2007
    2,682 Posts
    I've played a couple of MW games, notably Mech Commander, can anyone recommend a good place to get into the lore? Books or wikia's for example.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #261
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    23,974 Posts
    I think solid black screams "We're gonna kill you and add +1 to kill count without any emotion." Emotionless kill is terrifying, and what better represents lack of emotion than lack of color.
    Ah, yes, that too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Finland Show Events

22. Post #262
    Rude member.
    August 2010
    4,783 Posts
    I've played a couple of MW games, notably Mech Commander, can anyone recommend a good place to get into the lore? Books or wikia's for example.
    www.sarna.net

All info on mechs ever.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #263
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Read all the books about the fourth succession war http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...tleTech_novels

Start at... well the top of classic battletech and stop when you finish Heir to the Dragon.

Fuck the clanners

Edited:

The warrior trilogy is AMAZING by the way
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

24. Post #264
    June 2009
    3,640 Posts
    From my experience playing the MechWarrior games, the Atlas isn't all that scary if you have a decent medium-sized mech, a partner or two, and some reasonable cover.

25. Post #265
    January 2012
    10,753 Posts
    Atlases are pretty much bullet sponges, a lot of heavy mechs are more trouble in combat, but if you're shooting at the big scary looking guy you're not shooting at them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

26. Post #266
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,819 Posts
    From my experience playing the MechWarrior games, the Atlas isn't all that scary if you have a decent medium-sized mech, a partner or two, and some reasonable cover.
    That's why I said they're not that great. I'm more worried about a Daishi or a Marauder II than an Atlas.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

27. Post #267
    June 2009
    3,640 Posts
    That's why I said they're not that great. I'm more worried about a Daishi or a Marauder II than an Atlas.
    Even then, I'd be more afraid of two medium mechs than I would one extremely powerful one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,503 Posts
    Fucking Daishi

Edited:

Madcat mk2 is really ridiculous in MW4 as well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #269
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,407 Posts

Well yeah, they're running on much newer technology than the old Atlas.

The modern Atlases are much more dangerous, like this one, the AS7-K:
    XL fusion reactor
    1x Gauss Rifle
    2x ER Large Laser
    1x LRM-20
    2x Medium Pulse Laser
    1x Laser antimissile system
    1x CASE

It doesn't have the offensive firepower of some of the other Inner Sphere Assaults, but it also has maximum armor.

30. Post #270
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    9,156 Posts
    Daishi Gaussboat. Terror from beyond the Inner Sphere.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #271
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,819 Posts
    Daishi Gaussboat. Terror from beyond the Inner Sphere.
    Fuck Daishis, seriously
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

32. Post #272
    June 2009
    3,640 Posts
    Fuck Daishis, seriously

All you need is a team of two medium mechs that know what the fuck they're doing to take it down.

33. Post #273
    January 2012
    10,753 Posts
    All you need is a team of two medium mechs that know what the fuck they're doing to take it down.
    Takes a bit more than that, a Dire Wolf is like 50 tons of guns.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

34. Post #274
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,819 Posts
    MW4 multiplayer is the most unforgiving thing I've ever played. So many pros able to kill you in one hit
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

35. Post #275
    Streetwise Angel Booksmart Devil
    January 2010
    3,030 Posts
    Hey guys, question here. I fucking love the Owens. It is possibly my favorite IS 'mech ever. However, looking through the wiki, I don't see when it was developed. Does anyone here happen to know? Because I would love it if it was in the timeframe of MWO.

Also the Champion.
    God I tore so many people apart in that thing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

36. Post #276
    Dumb Americunt
    May 2010
    8,819 Posts
    Earliest I found was 3055

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Owens

Bottom of the page
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

37. Post #277
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,407 Posts
    MW4 multiplayer is the most unforgiving thing I've ever played. So many pros able to kill you in one hit
    I hated MW4 multiplayer. The only good gamemode was objective play on the Sunder Server, where mechs were PureTech - they had to mount only their own side's weapons (ie Mad Cat cannot mount IS AC/20s, Atlas cannot mount Clan ERPPCs). Mechs had to complete objectives (usually destroying objects in bases protected by walls, turrets, and players), so the attackers and defenders couldn't just all take Daishis with 32kph top speeds.

Everything else boiled down to either "boat LBX20s / HLLs on Annihilators", "poptart in 2gauss 2erppc Wildcats", or "boat machineguns on a Gesu and annihilate everything".

38. Post #278
    Streetwise Angel Booksmart Devil
    January 2010
    3,030 Posts
    Earliest I found was 3055

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Owens

Bottom of the page

Damn.

So it is 5 years away from being developed.

Well at least the Champion has been developed by then :>
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    December 2005
    4,563 Posts
    Owens is a piece of ass.

Fuck the raven too.

All those light scout mechs with more toys than guns are the weapons of cowards.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    7,503 Posts
    Owens is a piece of ass.

Fuck the raven too.

All those light scout mechs with more toys than guns are the weapons of cowards.
    Shadowcat 4 lyfe
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events