August 2005
    15,205 Posts
    What you need:

[release]

- 500g of chicken breast

- a pack of lambs lettuce

- 3 medium toes of garlic

- 1 shallot

- half a thumb of fresh ginger. You better buy this from an importer or an Asian shop as the stuff you get in supermarkets is a sort grown to last long transport and doesn't taste too good.

- a slice of lemon

- balsamico vinegar

- olive oil

- curry spice mix

- salt & pepper

[/release]

Preparing the meat:

Notice: YOu better do this half an hour before you start the cooking and preparing the salad.

Nothing much to it. Cut it into pieces as big as your thumb, maybe a bit bigger, and put it into a bowl. Get rid of remaining sinews, blood vessels etc.

One important tip: After cutting raw meat, don't use your slat and knife again for the other stuff.
    Wash it.
    Because of salmonella. The danger is not big but we are professionals(heh) and girls are also impressed if you do this.

Now the ginger.
    Peel it with a knife to get to the tasty inner parts. Take a piece, eat it, chew it. Yes, ginger is pretty sharp when it's fresh, isn't it?
    For the winter: Wash the peeled parts and put them in a cup together with honey and a slice of lemon and pour boiling water over it - nice and tasty tea!
    Don't mind the seize, the frying will help a lot but they should be about the seize of a HDD jumper(I am a nerd ain't I?)

Peel and slice the garlic. 2 medium toes, keep the 3rd for later.

Again, the seize is not too important since the frying will keep track of that later but for the love of god don't squish it, it will burn and taste horrible!

Now add the ginger, the garlic, 3 spoonfuls of olive oil, salt, pepper, a good spoon of curry spice to the meat.
    Don't forget the honey! Quite some honey! A big spoon full.
    Believe me!

And stirr.

We now let this beautifuly smelling mixtur of natures gifts rest so all the spices can do their work.

Preparing the salad:

Get the lambs lettuce and put it into a bowl of cold water. This will make it more crisp and wash it.
    Grannies tip: a spoonful of sugar added to the washing bath/water will make every salad REALLY crisp once eaten.
    Don't worry, the bits of the roots that usually come with it are edible too and you won't even notice them.
    Leave it there for a while, we'll use it later.

Now cut the shallot into pieces as small as you can.
    Why a shallot? They simply taste better in salads. Much better than regular onions. They have a much stronger, onionish taste while being less burning and sharp. Perfect for salad.
    Oh and they look like this:

Now cut the last toe of garlic as small as you can, squishing is ok too.
    Add the shallot, the garlic, salt, pepper and the balsamico vinegar into a salad bowl. Squish the juice of the slice of lemon into it too, not too much.
    Add a pint of sugar, it will make it taste better because it opens the taste buds.

If you want, you can cut 3 tomatoes and add them too!

They will make your salad sauce more liquid and I fucking love tomatoes.

Now get back to your sink, grab the lambs lettuce, add and slowly fold the salad so you don't stirr it too much, that destroys the salad and looks horrible.

Ok. Salad is ready.

Here is where the magic happens: frying the meat!

Yes, this will be good. Really good.
    Grab your bowl with the meat and simply put it into frying pan.
    Set the pan to MIDDLE heat, not to hot or else you'll burn the honey and the garlic.
    You don't even have to add oil, you already have a good amount of it in your mixture!

The good stuff:

The honey wraps, together with the curry around your chicken, the ginger and the garlic and the heat caramelizes it!
    That way the juice stays inside while your food is still cooked and fried and has a damn nice caramelized honey crust around it. Hmmmmmmm.
    Don't wonder, it will turn brown pretty fast. Keep it frying for approx. 15 minutes until your meat is golden brown or the garlic is of dark brown.

Why do pictures of frying always turn out to look very ugly?

Anyway, fry till the end and you are done!

IMG_4745 von Terranigmus auf Flickr

YUM!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Germany Show Events Winner Winner x 7Artistic Artistic x 2 (list)

2. Post #2
    April 2011
    848 Posts
    looks good. also, as a tip for everyone trying this out, when you've washed the salad you can let it dry in either a colander or on some paper or something. otherwise it can taste a bit watery.

i'll try a variation of this and skipping the curry sometime.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

3. Post #3
    Gold Member
    January 2008
    1,277 Posts
    Sounds delicious. I have 3 kg of chicken in the freezer, so I think I'll try this soon.

4. Post #4
    April 2012
    329 Posts
    That looks awesome. I've always had a love for fried meat.

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    435 Posts
    nice it looks good, if i make this i would grill the chicken and have myself a pretty healthy meal on my hands

6. Post #6
    April 2012
    329 Posts
    I made this today. Freaking delicious. I'll upload a pic in a bit.

7. Post #7
    April 2011
    645 Posts
    pint of sugar
    do you mean pinch? or 568ml of sugar?

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    10,697 Posts
    yeah unless he enjoys diabetes

Edited:

I made this today. Freaking delicious. I'll upload a pic in a bit.
    YOU NEVER DID