1. Post #41
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    13,138 Posts
    i bought the limited edition, art book is coo.

once i get done with Assassins creed and halo ill start Playing peace walker for weeks

also did they remove the vocaloid thing in peace walker for consoles. that was one of my favorite things to fuck with in the psp version.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

2. Post #42
    Internet Detective in BRICK (HBIED certified)
    May 2007
    11,962 Posts
    i bought the limited edition, art book is coo.

once i get done with Assassins creed and halo ill start Playing peace walker for weeks

also did they remove the vocaloid thing in peace walker for consoles. that was one of my favorite things to fuck with in the psp version.
    They did, unfortunately.

Edited:

Would you kindly add me to the list of PS3 MSF recruits, Agoat?

PSN = FetchingToaster

WHEN HEAVENS DIVIDE~
    added!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #43
    Movie quote goes here, because...
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    I still remember all of the Japanese lines from watching the Japanese trailers for MGS3 way back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Denmark Show Events

4. Post #44
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,378 Posts
    Releases in february 2012 according to a local gameshop. I've never played a MGS game before, should I wait until this releases or try the games now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

5. Post #45
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    11,229 Posts
    Releases in february 2012 according to a local gameshop. I've never played a MGS game before, should I wait until this releases or try the games now?
    I don't even understand what your logic is.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

6. Post #46
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    Get it before release?

7. Post #47
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    4,987 Posts
    I wonder are Konami releasing this in conjunction with the Silent Hill HD collection?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,769 Posts
    Get it before release?

What he means is should he wait for the HD collection or buy the original copies.

Whatever you do, try to get your hands on a copy of MGS1 first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

9. Post #49
    Titlepocalypse 2012 participant
    November 2010
    7,936 Posts
    So why not PC release?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,457 Posts
    I need to get this. Although I already have the Essential Collection, I would love to play Peace Walker in HD.

Honestly, I don't care for a PC release. MGS is one of those series I can't imagine playing on PC. It will always be a console-only franchise for me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

11. Post #51
    November 2010
    2,603 Posts
    Great, I'll finally be able to play the MGS games! Always wanted to.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 3Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #52
    Dennab
    October 2008
    8,076 Posts
    So why not PC release?
    Because it's already there silly buns. Besides MGS3 is too awesome to leave Playstation.

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    4,378 Posts
    Should I wait for the HD collection or get the original non-hd ones now?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events

14. Post #54
    May 2007
    11,962 Posts
    If you're wanting to play Peace Walker, wait for the HD release.

15. Post #55
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    135 Posts
    If you're wanting to play Peace Walker, wait for the HD release.
    Yeah, PSP Peace walker was pretty silly with it's controls, but it was an OK game otherwise.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    3,108 Posts
    Because it's already there silly buns. Besides MGS3 is too awesome to leave Playstation.
    Who needs native PC copies that don't work? I can run my copies of MGS1, 2 and 3 in full speed emulation and use an actual Dualshock (3) controller with pressure sensitivity
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    Cyberpunk Member
    August 2006
    3,518 Posts
    What of the Zone of The Enders HD remake?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    10,061 Posts
    ZOE HD is due in 2012, no announcement yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

19. Post #59
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,769 Posts
    Yeah, PSP Peace walker was pretty silly with it's controls, but it was an OK game otherwise.
    Peace Walker is fantastic, I completed the main story between 40 and 50 hours of play, and after 60+ hours there's still so much more to do. All on PSP.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

20. Post #60
    Gold Member
    August 2008
    5,457 Posts
    Yeah, Peace Walker was amazing. The controls were a bit clunky at first but I just got used to it. Peace Walker is probably my favorite MGS out of all of them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #61
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,499 Posts
    Goddamn Europe getting games late. Every so often I replay Mgs 2 and 3 just for old times sake. Must have been about a year or two since I did it last. Going to totally nostalgia over them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Ireland Show Events

22. Post #62
    December 2009
    4,845 Posts
    Here's the best line in the series:
    Far better.
    Sorry for the childish looping shit that people seem to think others would find funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

23. Post #63
    $1 TITLE!
    December 2007
    3,741 Posts
    68 more days for my European Extreme version... Not that i play European Extreme, always got stuck on Fatman :<

24. Post #64
    ASK ME ABOUT MY BACON FETISH
    September 2008
    1,016 Posts
    Does this collection really add anything but graphics improvements? If not, I might skip this one considering I still have the PS2 around and play the old ones pretty often.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

25. Post #65
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    13,138 Posts
    i fucking hate peace walker with a thousand suns right now due to one minor thing

fucking walk unit won't go to 5/5 scraps so i can fucking build a metal gear (I am at 4/5 scraps). I literally Aim only for the walk shit over and over on almost every AI boss and they still won't drop shit for it.

and then the game continues to taunt me by giving me 5 Fully complete units of everything else, even optional shit.

seriously dear god kojima why have you done this to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    Well, MGS2 and 3 have existing engines that need to be ported, which would only require the devs to accomadate the platform transition. Peace Walker was probably more complicated, as it worked on the PSP. The likely reason their excluding MGS1 from the collection is probably because of the fact that the last remake was the Gamecube, which is owned by Nintendo, who, being Nintendo, would probably not give up the rights to Twin Snakes. Konami probably wouldn't bother recreating the first MGS, regardless of whether or not they use the existing engine of Metal Gear Solid 4 or otherwise.
    Also, it's cross platform, meaning that you can get it on the 360.
    Oh, but MGS1 was soo good...

360... Which I also don't have...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

27. Post #67
    Dr. Conro J. Norock, Robot Sarcasm Master
    July 2007
    7,713 Posts
    i fucking hate peace walker with a thousand suns right now due to one minor thing

fucking walk unit won't go to 5/5 scraps so i can fucking build a metal gear (I am at 4/5 scraps). I literally Aim only for the walk shit over and over on almost every AI boss and they still won't drop shit for it.

and then the game continues to taunt me by giving me 5 Fully complete units of everything else, even optional shit.

shouldn't you shoot the stuff that isn't the walk unit? shooting it unlocks the memory boards, but stops you from getting the actual unit, if I remember correctly
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    March 2011
    135 Posts

I never had a problem with walk units, just the head parts gave me trouble. What I think that one needs to do is not hit the parts associated with the part you want to procure. Otherwise, the part is un-obtainable.

I could be wrong, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

29. Post #69
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    13,138 Posts
    Yes finally acquired my first walk unit.

fuckking damn 10 cocoon missions later

Edited:

shouldn't you shoot the stuff that isn't the walk unit? shooting it unlocks the memory boards, but stops you from getting the actual unit, if I remember correctly
    if that is true i will start banging my head on hard objects now to relieve rage
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

30. Post #70
    Gold Member
    June 2011
    8,509 Posts
    Who needs native PC copies that don't work? I can run my copies of MGS1, 2 and 3 in full speed emulation and use an actual Dualshock (3) controller with pressure sensitivity
    yeah the PC port of MGS2 has a godawfully bad control scheme without a controller...

plus the graphics glitch weird at times.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

31. Post #71
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    10,061 Posts
    Yes finally acquired my first walk unit.

fuckking damn 10 cocoon missions later

Edited:

if that is true i will start banging my head on hard objects now to relieve rage
    Unfortunately it is true.

32. Post #72
    November 2007
    588 Posts
    The MSX Metal Gear is pretty fun for such an old game. My only complaint is the sound effect for the codec thing is annoying.

33. Post #73
    May 2007
    11,962 Posts
    Finally getting around to playing MGS3. I fucking love this.

The Fury is a faggot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

34. Post #74
    February 2010
    5,350 Posts
    I completely forgot about this for a while, I didn't even know it had been released

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    March 2009
    7,162 Posts
    Ive never played metel gear solid and i want to get this collection but do i need to play the first one?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

36. Post #76
    July 2008
    3,613 Posts
    If you care about the story, then yes.

37. Post #77
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    10,956 Posts
    Has anyone on the 360 played Peace Walker and found that enemies apparently aren't rendering but are still ingame?

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    December 2009
    7,711 Posts
    Ive never played metel gear solid and i want to get this collection but do i need to play the first one?
    Unless you want to read through 500+ pages of backstory.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    459 Posts
    Has anyone on the 360 played Peace Walker and found that enemies apparently aren't rendering but are still ingame?
    I've got it for 360 and that hasn't happened for me at all.

I'm finding myself really enjoying Peace Walker. The only Co-Op and Extra Ops missions are pretty good. It is a shame that MGS1 wasn't in the collection though.

As the HD Collection came out on 360 and PS3, I really hope MGS4 gets a 360 release. MGS4 and Portable Ops are the only games I haven't played yet. I don't really want to buy a PS3/PSP just to play those 2 games.

40. Post #80
    April 2011
    2,778 Posts
    I got this in from Gamefly the other day and the first thing I did was play MGS3 again.

Nostalgia'd pretty hard. You know its bad when you have flashbacks of 4 while playing 3 and vice versa.