1. Post #81
    Ask Me About My VW Beetle Fetish
    March 2008
    9,899 Posts
    I saw a toyota camry with an analogue clock next to the spedometer... why???
    what's so bad about it?

the volvo 940 that I had did have an analogue clock and some golf mk1's have them. I don't see the problem with them at all

2. Post #82
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,536 Posts
    I can't find a suitable picture, but the Dodge Intrepid/ Chrysler Sebring and Touring have the most wretched interiors. The cup holders are right in front of the CD changer in the Sebring, and, since it's recessed under the rest of the center console, you can barely fit a standard 16oz bottle of soda in them without having to tilt it at an angle and wedge it in.

Such a bad design.

3. Post #83
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    8,829 Posts
    The Ford Ka had an analogue clock
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Late Late x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    Master Cheese Tactician
    August 2011
    947 Posts
    what's so bad about it?

the volvo 940 that I had did have an analogue clock and some golf mk1's have them. I don't see the problem with them at all
    it's in the place where the revometer should be. And it's huge.

5. Post #85
    March 2008
    9,899 Posts
    I don't even have a rev counter in the Beetle and I can drive it perfectly fine. You don't need it anyway

6. Post #86
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    I don't even have a rev counter in the Beetle and I can drive it perfectly fine. You don't need it anyway
    I kinda want to put one in my truck just because i wanna see that needle bouncin around.

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Awesome, that's why.

My '78 Accord had an analog clock IIRC. My '80 had a digital one, but it also had a weird little light bulb display, like, made of tiny LEDs or something, for what the gear selector was in (it was the only first gen Accord I had with a three speed auto!).

I miss my '78 Accord.

For being a car from the '70s, it had some pretty decent interior, almost like a late 80s import:

My Accord had burgundy interior and the exterior was a plum color. It was a pretty little hatchback... I had to get rid of it because the guy I bought it from never brought me any paperwork on it. It makes me sad when stuff like that happens.

Edited:

Ah yes, here we are, the burgundy:

Much better color than the tan.

Edited:

I got ninja'd by like half a page lol.

That's what I get for posting at work.

Edited:

would help if I didn't have this page open all morning without submitting my post :|
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    July 2010
    48 Posts

Pluriel

Edited:

I kind of wish I was blind
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #89
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    6,648 Posts
    looks like there is hardly any room if you have legs longer than 1 foot
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,892 Posts
    It looks ok, other than the fuck ugly seats
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #91
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    The new one is pretty sweet looking on the inside.

12. Post #92
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,757 Posts
    Obligatory

Steering wheel looks like a headcrab
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 6Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Is that a Neon?

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,444 Posts
    Is that a Neon?
    "Lambo"-doors on the second one, it has to be a Neon.

Holy shit that's ugly.

15. Post #95
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    The first gen neon isn't too great either.

Gauge cluster isn't really defined, everything is sort of plain and bland.

AND WHAT IS THE STEERING WHEEL EVEN DOING
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,407 Posts
    bwahaha oh god that steering wheel. It's gloriously horrible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

17. Post #97
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    7,924 Posts
    The first gen neon isn't too great either.

Gauge cluster isn't really defined, everything is sort of plain and bland.

AND WHAT IS THE STEERING WHEEL EVEN DOING
    The 90's were weird.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    2,444 Posts
    Who the FUCK thought that steering wheel looked acceptable?

What IS that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #99
    August 2010
    707 Posts

I hate wood interiors, and that gear shift is so chunky :vomit:

Also not really a fan of the Zonda's interior

It just looks so... gaudy. I know its in like a car show or something with lights and all, but imagine it on a sunny day.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,591 Posts

It's bland and boring, yet functional.

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    It was ok to me until I saw the middle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #102
    Can i have a tital Dav0r?
    August 2005
    1,892 Posts

How do you push the gas without pressing the brake?

23. Post #103
    Gold Member
    July 2005
    787 Posts
    Mercury Sable. Can't find a better pic.

A friend of mine owns one and its falling apart. The door coverings are just peeling away and its extremely cramped in there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts

I think that looks really nice, in its own square way.
    Another car and it would look unpleasant, but because its a Volvo...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

25. Post #105
    MasterDragon
    May 2009
    6,591 Posts
    It's just the angle, my 240 has them far enough apart.

26. Post #106
    March 2008
    9,899 Posts
    By having your foot on the gas pedal and not on the brake pedal
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Useful Useful x 5Zing Zing x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

27. Post #107
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    You don't even need to brake with those. They're heavy enough to plow through even the heaviest of obstacles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,536 Posts

HURR AM I IN THE WAY?

Edited:

Actually, it doesn't look that bad on that car. It's awful on the Intrepid and Stratus.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

29. Post #109
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    7,924 Posts
    Mercury Sable. Can't find a better pic.

A friend of mine owns one and its falling apart. The door coverings are just peeling away and its extremely cramped in there.
    Must be an extremely common problem then. I've seen at least 15 Tauruses from that generation that have the door paneling coming apart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

30. Post #110
    March 2010
    470 Posts

Plastic everything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #111
    Gold Member
    June 2009
    6,054 Posts
    I actually, visually, kinda like it. It's super clean looking, but not bubbly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

32. Post #112
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,352 Posts

I hate wood interiors, and that gear shift is so chunky :vomit:
    \
    In defense of first gen Auroras.. that's just a tacky Ebay sticker kit someone added. The only factory woodgrain pieces are the bit around the shifter and the piece on the far right with the vent.

33. Post #113
    Gold Member
    May 2009
    5,607 Posts

Plastic everything.
    My stepdad got an 05 magnum hemi, it's got some balls but the interior is so cheap and shitty looking/feeling

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,032 Posts
    I mean, it's not really bad looking, but I still hate it.

On the one I own: I hate the orange backlight of the gauges, the buttons around the volume nob like to break and fall out, the paneling on the doors likes to come off and catch on the frame of the door, the paint on the shifter is already all worn (and it's an automatic!), the steering wheel feels really high, the seats also aren't automatic so I feel like I'm going to kill myself whenever I decided to adjust my seat while I'm on the road, the drawer on the left also likes to come unhinged. The only part of the interior that isn't plastic is the steering wheel and the seats...

Pardon me, just ranting about my car.

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    2,757 Posts
    I mean, it's not really bad looking, but I still hate it.

On the one I own: I hate the orange backlight of the gauges, the buttons around the volume nob like to break and fall out, the paneling on the doors likes to come off and catch on the frame of the door, the paint on the shifter is already all worn (and it's an automatic!), the steering wheel feels really high, the seats also aren't automatic so I feel like I'm going to kill myself whenever I decided to adjust my seat while I'm on the road, the drawer on the left also likes to come unhinged. The only part of the interior that isn't plastic is the steering wheel and the seats...

Pardon me, just ranting about my car.
    Sentra is probably the worst car Nissan makes. Their other cars have nice interiors though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #116
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Honestly I love hoe the sentra drove but I don't like the looks of any part of the car.

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,032 Posts
    Honestly I love hoe the sentra drove but I don't like the looks of any part of the car.
    I don't really like the way it looks either. It's really spacious and everything but it feels like a waste since I'm usually by myself in the car and never carrying anything. People tell me not to complain about the fact my parents "surprised" me by buying me one and putting it in the drive way. I feel like since they spent $10k on it and I absolutely hate it I have every right to complain. I'd much rather have an older used car for around $6 that I actually like.

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    my parents could buy me a beat ass $300 Civic and I'd be happy, to be honest. I don't want a new car. I can't afford insurance/maintenance on my ancient shit already.

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    September 2005
    1,032 Posts
    my parents could buy me a beat ass $300 Civic and I'd be happy, to be honest. I don't want a new car. I can't afford insurance/maintenance on my ancient shit already.
    I just feel like they wasted money on something I didn't want in the first place and now I'm stuck with it. I don't tell them this obviously, at least I have a car I guess. It's just hard being really into cars and you're stuck with a plastic car with a CVT.

40. Post #120
    Ask me about my Zimmerman fetish

March 2005
    3,295 Posts
    I actually like the interior of the sentra, I don't know about the material quality but it looks a lot nicer compared to other cars of the same class and value.

But don't complain llama, it's a perfectly respectable car and it should last you some time. If you don't like it, I'll take it :D