1. Post #121
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,356 Posts

Plastic everything.
    I don't know, not ugly but... Reminds me of a hospital, so clean & sterile.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

2. Post #122
    Bus Driver
    December 2009
    7,270 Posts
    Nissan Quest

The that thing in the center of the dash is a bit....interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

3. Post #123
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I just feel like they wasted money on something I didn't want in the first place and now I'm stuck with it. I don't tell them this obviously, at least I have a car I guess. It's just hard being really into cars and you're stuck with a plastic car with a CVT.
    CVT?

Oh god, I'm sorry.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

4. Post #124
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    I can't stand cars that have the bare metal in thier interiors. Regardless of how they try to stylise it, plain metal as part of the interior is horrible, and it doesn't strike me as very safe...

These are all new, modern cars!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #125
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    I love metal being shown in the interior. Makes the car feel more raw. Those are all terrible, though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

6. Post #126
    December 2011
    1,964 Posts
    you dont like bare metal?

dont look at the interior of my truck then...

7. Post #127
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    I mean, it's not really bad looking, but I still hate it.

On the one I own: I hate the orange backlight of the gauges, the buttons around the volume nob like to break and fall out, the paneling on the doors likes to come off and catch on the frame of the door, the paint on the shifter is already all worn (and it's an automatic!), the steering wheel feels really high, the seats also aren't automatic so I feel like I'm going to kill myself whenever I decided to adjust my seat while I'm on the road, the drawer on the left also likes to come unhinged. The only part of the interior that isn't plastic is the steering wheel and the seats...

Pardon me, just ranting about my car.
    only thing that i see wrong with it is that it's automatic

Edited:

fucking twingos, can't see shit in the speedo if you're taller than 180cm or if the sun is shining

Edited:

amazingly fun to drive to drive though, even though there's no power at all and the handling isn't very good either
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #128
    Ask me about my Zimmerman fetish

March 2005
    3,019 Posts
    So is it cheaper just to mount stuff in the center console? Why do so many economy cars have the speedometer in the center console. I can't think of any advantage of having one there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #129
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,141 Posts
    So is it cheaper just to mount stuff in the center console? Why do so many economy cars have the speedometer in the center console. I can't think of any advantage of having one there.
    It allows the dashboard to be mirrored across each side. If the dashboard is the in the center, the right and left dashboard can be exactly the same - just drill a hole where the steering wheel goes. It's also far cheaper to do if the car is going to be sold in countries with different hand drives (like a car being sold in the US and UK).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #130
    February 2010
    311 Posts

What was honda thinking when they put a dick-shifter on the dash...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 8 (list)

11. Post #131
    What fun is there in making sense?
    Dennab
    October 2007
    9,274 Posts
    Mid-90s to Mid-00 GM anything. Soo much cheap flimsy plastic.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

12. Post #132

February 2008
    65 Posts

Russian parody on Caucasians. Many of them "tune" their cars like this. Not only interior in this video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Ukraine Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

13. Post #133
    Gold Member
    March 2005
    2,589 Posts

My friend has an EP3 Type R, it's actually pretty decent. Can change gears quick without having to leave one hand off the wheel for too long.

14. Post #134
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    My friend has an EP3 Type R, it's actually pretty decent. Can change gears quick without having to leave one hand off the wheel for too long.
    Driving a manual I hardly use two hands on the wheel, unless I'm cruising already and I do it just for the hell of it. Two hands on the wheel feels too akward and slow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #135
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    only thing that i see wrong with it is that it's automatic

Edited:

fucking twingos, can't see shit in the speedo if you're taller than 180cm or if the sun is shining

Edited:

amazingly fun to drive to drive though, even though there's no power at all and the handling isn't very good either
    I don't understand how the car can be both amazingly fun to drive and have both no power and poor handing?

16. Post #136
    June 2011
    319 Posts

fuck you man that shit works well
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Anonymous Proxy Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

17. Post #137
    February 2010
    311 Posts
    I'm sure it is, but then again why not just paddle shifters if the goal is to minimize travel for shifting?

Edited:

fuck you man that shit works well
    Never said it didn't work well, I said its ugly looking. They could had curved the console smoother so the shifter wasn't just sticking out and up. You can make things functional and look good too.

18. Post #138
    September 2010
    446 Posts
    Jesus christ some of these are awful. Gotta hate the unimaginative and badly made american brand dashboards.

I'm sure it is, but then again why not just paddle shifters if the goal is to minimize travel for shifting?
    Maybe because some people have balls so have a manual. paddle shifters suck.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #139
    February 2010
    311 Posts
    Jesus christ some of these are awful. Gotta hate the unimaginative and badly made american brand dashboards.

Maybe because some people have balls so have a manual. paddle shifters suck.
    You obviously didn't see my point. The fact honda made that queer looking shifter to minimalize travel between shifts means that they wanted a quicker way to shift. And so you can have both hands on the wheel... Therefore if you need to drive a car that has a handicap accessible shifter I don't think your looking to show off 'balls' with it. Cars have always had the shifters on the center console and nobody ever had a problem.

20. Post #140
    March 2006
    22 Posts
    Original Infiniti G35's interior had the ugliest center console I had even seen in a luxury car

Luckily they fixed it after the first 2 model years:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

21. Post #141
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,039 Posts
    navigation screen toaster.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

22. Post #142
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts

23. Post #143
    Gold Member

February 2010
    1,224 Posts
    Dat handbrake

24. Post #144
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    4,352 Posts
    it's designed to pinch your finger

25. Post #145
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    3,330 Posts
    Is the PSP really a formidable GPS unit? Just asking, I have an old one around and it would be pretty nice to not have to spend money on a completely separate system.

26. Post #146
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    5,665 Posts
    Dat handbrake
    designed for girls
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #147
    PLEASE DON'T EAT ME!
    June 2009
    2,832 Posts

The Mini Coopers S speedometer
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

28. Post #148
    Sorry about the downtime, now buy shit.
    February 2010
    1,588 Posts

Interior of my current car (2000 Chevy Prizm LSI), it's not that it LOOKS bad, it's just that it's nearly all plastic, it breaks too easily, and there is no fucking room to move around.

*Picture is not mine, some minor variations occur with the stereo system and tachometer.*
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #149
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    887 Posts
    http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2010/09/23/09/07/1999_chevrolet_prizm_4_dr_lsi_sedan-pic-5889036869529569788.jpeg

Interior of my current car (2000 Chevy Prizm LSI), it's not that it LOOKS bad, it's just that it's nearly all plastic, it breaks too easily, and there is no fucking room to move around.

*Picture is not mine, some minor variations occur with the stereo system and tachometer.*
    Isn't this car just a rebadged Toyota Corolla?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #150
    June 2007
    1,467 Posts

Doesn't look good at all, imo.

Edited:

It's a Lamborghini Countach, by the way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #151
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    It is a Corolla, yeah. The interior in them is the same as a Corolla save for some Chevrlet badges.

Edited:

Doesn't look good at all, imo.

Edited:

It's a Lamborghini Countach, by the way.
    That is far from terrible. It's plain and simple, gets the job done and doesn't flaunt. I mean fuck, it's an 80s supercar. Not many things from the 80s had beautiful interior in the first place. But that's far from bad. It's not great, but definitely doesn't deserve to be on a "worst interiors" list.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

32. Post #152
    June 2007
    1,467 Posts
    I just realized you're right. And now that I look at it with another perspective, it's interior actually looks pretty cool.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #153
    Sorry about the downtime, now buy shit.
    February 2010
    1,588 Posts
    Geo was just comprised of re-branded cars. Geo was later sold to Chevy, to where it eventually died in I believe 2002.

34. Post #154
    Gold Member
    February 2005
    4,141 Posts
    Geo was just comprised of re-branded cars. Geo was later sold to Chevy, to where it eventually died in I believe 2002.
    Geo was owned by GM. All Geos were re-branded Japanese cars, mostly from Suzuki and a few from other companies (Isuzu and Toyota). Some Geo cars continued to be sold under the Chevrolet name after Geo was shut down by GM.

35. Post #155
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Yeah Geo was an inside job, badge engineered Suzuki Cultus, Toyota Corolla, and Isuzu Impulses.

Oh and the Suzuki 4x4 thing, but those are garbage... The actual Suzuki-badged model was equipped far better than the Geo badged one.

36. Post #156
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    1,768 Posts
    Original Infiniti G35's interior had the ugliest center console I had even seen in a luxury car

Luckily they fixed it after the first 2 model years:
    They look nearly identical.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #157
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    5,493 Posts
    Everything doesn't look quite as fat in the second one, I like that.

USDM skyline interior lol

38. Post #158
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    220 Posts
    That handbrake was definatly designed with bored housewives in mind

As for my personal most hated interior

I give you the Chevrolet Spark - its just trying to be too sporty looking

Which is made worse when you see what the outside looks like
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #159
    Dip
    June 2009
    1,042 Posts
    The Spark and its grim gear stick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

40. Post #160
    Gold Member
    March 2006
    220 Posts
    The Spark and its grim gear stick.
    And I can speak from expirence when I say it does not feel safe when driving at 100mph + :D