1. Post #1
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,627 Posts
    Don't worry, it's not me this is about. One of my subscribers who is a music enthusiast decided to throw away any pride and reach out for help. It's no ordinary "my life sucks" kind of thing, otherwise I wouldn't post it here. (I doubt the video section would care for it)

People might think they've got it bad, but damn. My heart goes to this man.

what's your thoughts?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 79Dumb Dumb x 3Funny Funny x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    OFWGKTA
    July 2011
    9,687 Posts
    I'm only about 3 minutes in, but it would really suck to be in his shoes. I feel sorry for him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 20 (list)

3. Post #3
    January 2008
    282 Posts
    Poor fella
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

4. Post #4
    July 2011
    282 Posts
    Poor guy. I wish I could help him out, but all I really can give is too wish him good luck for the future.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

5. Post #5
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,740 Posts
    Good thing you posted this, I hope he will get help.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #6
    August 2009
    4,234 Posts
    it must feel terrible to be stuck in your house

Edited:

for months that is

7. Post #7
    Meet the Pyro
    April 2006
    4,467 Posts
    Denying bail for that is a pretty dick move...with it being a mental issue and all
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 29 (list)

8. Post #8
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,627 Posts
    Denying bail for that is a pretty dick move...with it being a mental issue and all
    For some reason, I doubt they'll release for probation since the courts over there are heartless.

9. Post #9
    October 2009
    5,057 Posts
    I really feel bad for this guy, his life is falling down around him.

10. Post #10
    July 2007
    2,372 Posts
    Frankly I am somewhat surprised that her being on a large dose of adderall was not considered whatsoever, or appeared to have not been considered.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

11. Post #11
    Best Poster
    July 2009
    19,080 Posts
    wow, that bites

12. Post #12
    Gold Member
    May 2007
    948 Posts
    Dammit, it's like the entire world just got up and started to push down on him.

13. Post #13
    :-)
    December 2007
    4,188 Posts
    Holy shit, that sucks.

Edited:

God I can't imagine how horrible it'd be to be stuck in your house with almost no help whatsoever while all sorts of other shit in your life is falling apart.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

14. Post #14
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,784 Posts
    I just donated $10 USD and sent him this for the instructions:
    [release]Hello there!

I would just like to say that I hope this 10 dollars helps. It's all i have to spare right now. I had a friend who had a similar predicament to yours. Lost her son, her daughter ran away, husband left her, and then she lost her job.

One more thing, if your wondering why the doctor prescribed so much for your wide to take, it was likely so he could make money. My mother works in the medical profession and knows this is often the case, as doctors and almost anyone in the line of healthcare are likely to cheat you out of money.

So, I hope you have a Merry Christmas and that things start looking up soon![/release]
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 22Winner Winner x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    June 2009
    1,507 Posts
    I don't know.. remember last year that guy who begged for money because he was poor and his mom or something was in debt? Turned out he just wanted our money and scammed us out of it.
    but this guy deserves it unlike that guy.

16. Post #16
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    786 Posts
    Oh boy, Here we go again.

People, Keep up the appearances. Life's not what it is unless there's little problems and imperfections here and there, Things don't always go the way we want but this doesn't mean you have to go bother everyone else with your shit. It's a fact that you have to accept that most of the time other people don't really care and the rest are happy that you have the problems. Even when hes most likely a millionare by the time this post is ready appears on the 5th or 10th page of this thread we should not use the internet to beg for shit regardless of the situation, Nor give the money to those who beg for it. Doing otherwise will cause a new trend to appear which will flood the internet with beggars and those who actually need the money wont get the attention they need. Don't dontate to random people because it makes you feel like a fucking saint, donate to those who have absolutely nothing.

And now a personal message to this poor man: Sell your shit, Work on it, Deal with it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 31Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #17
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,784 Posts

People, Keep up the appearances. Life's not what it is unless there's little problems and imperfections here and there, Things don't always go the way we want but this doesn't mean you have to go bother everyone else with your shit. It's a fact that you have to accept that most of the time other people don't really care and the rest are happy that you have the problems. Even when hes most likely a millionare by the time this post is ready appears on the 5th or 10th page of this thread we should not use the internet to beg for shit regardless of the situation, Nor give the money to those who beg for it. Doing otherwise will cause a new trend to appear which will flood the internet with beggars and those who actually need the money wont get the attention they need. Don't dontate to random people because it makes you feel like a fucking saint, donate to those who have absolutely nothing.

And now a personal message to this poor man: Sell your shit, Work on it, Deal with it.
    Wow, you're an asshole.

Like, seriously, I could say the same thing to not hand out foodbaskets. "They need to just get over it and they are evil because they beg."

Look, asshole, these people have no choice to be in the situation they're in, and many don't have any reason to be so unfortunate.

If you lost all of your shit and were stuck living on subsides, I guarantee you would be begging too. Just let people donate if they want to donate, and if you don't then don't donate. But don't treat people like assholes because they donated to a good cause.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    786 Posts
    Wow, you're an asshole.

Like, seriously, I could say the same thing to not hand out foodbaskets. "They need to just get over it and they are evil because they beg."

Look, asshole, these people have no choice to be in the situation they're in, and many don't have any reason to be so unfortunate.

If you lost all of your shit and were stuck living on subsides, I guarantee you would be begging too. Just let people donate if they want to donate, and if you don't then don't donate. But don't treat people like assholes because they donated to a good cause.
    No flaming. You fail to see the bigger picture. My post wont stop you from donating, Go ahead. Also been there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 19 (list)

19. Post #19
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    4,784 Posts
    No flaming. You fail to see the bigger picture. My post wont stop you from donating, Go ahead. Also been there.
    Once again sorry I'm being a dick, but try and be nice to those less fortunate then us please.

And I do understand what you're saying, but the whole point is that this guy shouldn't just sit there and have to deal with this alone. He has perfect reasoning for doing this and I severely doubt one beggar posting on Youtube is going to bring more beggars. he one guy.

Though you're right in one regard, he might very well be swimming in money by now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

20. Post #20
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,740 Posts
    Donating to one guy won't cause a huge internet begging frenzy.

This frenzy is already going on.

And hell, no one donates for any other reason than to feel good for helping people. But that's okay. Because it's still helping.

Yeah he could be a scammer, but he is around 40 and seems quite sincere. He has shown his face too. I'd say it's unlikely.

21. Post #21
    Dennab
    June 2011
    1,254 Posts
    its too long of a video,someone want to tell me whats up

22. Post #22
    I'd buy that for a dollar
    Dennab
    September 2008
    5,876 Posts
    Wow, you're an asshole.

I can kinda see where hes at. My family has been in way worse situations than this guy is and we managed to make it. It was hard as fuck, but we did it.
    Though usually those who have nothing have nothing by choice.

23. Post #23
    April 2011
    1,356 Posts
    its too long of a video,someone want to tell me whats up
    tl;dr Guy's relative dies in his house, 2 days before funeral wife (who hurt back in her teens and has chronic pain since, and was put on heavy narcotic pain relievers which made her addicted) goes to appointment for funeral, takes HUGE amount of adderal beforehand (think PCP side effects), tries to steal $600 in clothing from JC Penny, bail denied because this is the second time perscription narcotics made her shoplift, 3 months in jail, found guilty, 2 more months until sentencing on January 17. He is legally blind so he can't drive, and has 2 kids and 3 cats. Stuck in house since his wife got sent to jail. Wife kicks habit because she is in jail, so there's a plus. Kids making good grades as well, but he hasn't left his house for three months. He needs serious help people.

Edited:

Get out you heartless prick. "Little imperfections" in his life? He can't drive, and he has to provide for pets and two children on half income. This is not a "little imperfection". This is a fuckup he can't control. How do you get your groceries? By driving? He can't. And if he's unlucky enough for there to be more people like you on the internet, he wont be a millionaire. Mission accomplished

Sorry for flaming but goddamn
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

24. Post #24
    Gold Member
    October 2005
    786 Posts
    tl;dr Guy's relative dies in his house, 2 days before funeral wife (who hurt back in her teens and has chronic pain since, and was put on heavy narcotic pain relievers which made her addicted) goes to appointment for funeral, takes HUGE amount of adderal beforehand (think PCP side effects), tries to steal $600 in clothing from JC Penny, bail denied because this is the second time perscription narcotics made her shoplift, 3 months in jail, found guilty, 2 more months until sentencing on January 17. He is legally blind so he can't drive, and has 2 kids and 3 cats. Stuck in house since his wife got sent to jail. Wife kicks habit because she is in jail, so there's a plus. Kids making good grades as well, but he hasn't left his house for three months. He needs serious help people.

Edited:

Get out you heartless prick. "Little imperfections" in his life? He can't drive, and he has to provide for pets and two children on half income. This is not a "little imperfection". This is a fuckup he can't control. How do you get your groceries? By driving? He can't. And if he's unlucky enough for there to be more people like you on the internet, he wont be a millionaire. Mission accomplished

Sorry for flaming but goddamn
    Do not flame, and you really don't live up to your name, Go grow a pair. Honestly i couldn't give two shits what some kid thinks and i'm not bothered by people using harsh language, But lets not turn this thread into a banfest.

Now, Back to actual replying.

What the fuck's wrong with some people? It's like these things are the end of the world to you. I could bet that if you lose your keys you're able to get raped twice on your own frontyard before you get back inside the house. And not being able to drive(comeon, I know plenty of people who don't know how to drive. Most don't even own a car, and they still drive)? What? You want to donate him enough money so he can just call a cab whenever he wants to go to the fucking grocery store? He might be half blind but he has two functional legs, and if he's too stupid to get to the grocery store on foot i'm sure he can take the navigator from the car and glue it on his fucking hand so that he wont lose it. Jesus fucking christ.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Finland Show Events Dumb Dumb x 26Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

25. Post #25
    August 2010
    257 Posts
    I really feel for this guy. I can't say I've ever been in a similar situation and know his pain but it's not too hard to imagine that it would be a really terrible position to be in. I'm about to donate right now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

26. Post #26
    Der FΓΌhrer
    January 2011
    4,069 Posts
    Does anyone have his address? I want to send him a Christmas card with some money in it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Professional x64 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

27. Post #27
    Facepunch's Resident Game Center CX Expert
    November 2010
    10,622 Posts
    Do not flame, and you really don't live up to your name, Go grow a pair. Honestly i couldn't give two shits what some kid thinks and i'm not bothered by people using harsh language, But lets not turn this thread into a banfest.

Now, Back to actual replying.

What the fuck's wrong with some people? It's like these things are the end of the world to you. I could bet that if you lose your keys you're able to get raped twice on your own frontyard before you get back inside the house. And not being able to drive(comeon, I know plenty of people who don't know how to drive. Most don't even own a car, and they still drive)? What? You want to donate him enough money so he can just call a cab whenever he wants to go to the fucking grocery store? He might be half blind but he has two functional legs, and if he's too stupid to get to the grocery store on foot i'm sure he can take the navigator from the car and glue it on his fucking hand so that he wont lose it. Jesus fucking christ.
    I'd like to see you get things done with half-income, 2 kids and 3 cats to provide for while worrying about how you're going to get through the next few weeks.

28. Post #28
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    3,495 Posts
    Jesus, i hope we don't have another LordOfTheFat moment. That guy was an asshole.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

29. Post #29
    Jaded
    April 2010
    2,200 Posts
    I guess you could say that guy is Homestuck

Papu2 is also correct, it's easy to feel bad for people, but you should always take care of yourself before you try to help other people.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

30. Post #30
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    2,740 Posts
    Papu2 is also correct, it's easy to feel bad for people, but you should always take care of yourself before you try to help other people.
    I'm pretty sure most of the people of Facepunch don't live in such a poverty.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #31
    GOLF WANG
    August 2006
    7,593 Posts
    I'm pretty sure most of the people of Facepunch don't live in such a poverty.
    You'd be surprised...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Spain Show Events Agree Agree x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    Dolphin Hugger
    April 2010
    1,597 Posts
    Yeah, I'm in a pretty bad financial situation right now, I have no insurance and my car just got totaled, But I have plenty of friends and family to help me through this. This guy is in a really bad situation, the world really sucks right now. My heart goes out to him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

33. Post #33
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    41,666 Posts
    Go back to your Ayn Rand books, or jerk off on a picture of Ron Paul, ANYTHING to get you off the forums... please
    I don't understand how compassionless people like you are able to make it through life without stomping on the face of a baby and getting arrested
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

34. Post #34
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,627 Posts

People, Keep up the appearances. Life's not what it is unless there's little problems and imperfections here and there, Things don't always go the way we want but this doesn't mean you have to go bother everyone else with your shit..

Heartless. It's clear that this man was once happy but now all of a sudden he's in a wreck.

35. Post #35
    papu2 is a person who refuses to acknowledge that people are born "with only one wing."
    To fly they need the help of others.

Nobody can tackle a challenge like this on their own, no matter what.
    And even if they're rich, such an event is still tough, but not so much financially as it is emotionally.

Telling someone in a situation like this to deal with it on their own is like finding a lost, alone, and helpless puppy, kicking it and then telling it to "deal with it yourself."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

36. Post #36
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    41,666 Posts
    Well maybe they should start up a business, make something of themselves, and then buy a wing from the wing store!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #37
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    22,326 Posts
    Jesus, i hope we don't have another LordOfTheFat moment. That guy was an asshole.
    The aftermath was pretty hilarious though.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #38
    Well maybe they should start up a business, make something of themselves, and then buy a wing from the wing store!
    That's incredibly fucking easier said then done.
    Even then they would still need help. They can't do it 100% their own. :colbert:

39. Post #39
    April 2009
    805 Posts
    To everyone complaining about how he's buying a cab to get groceries or something, watch the video again. He says that's sorted. He also says that he might have to leave the house as a few months without income and having a mortgage will kinda do that to you.

The thing that gets me is that he has kids to look after, he is practically alone without his wife, he has no close family, he's been through trauma and he can barely see. Yet he complains/whines about his life a lot less than half of the brats I see on facebook. This guy barely complains at all. He just lays it out on the table and asks for help.

I earn $400 AUD a week, $90 car payments $80 fuel to get to my shit job and the rest is genrally food and board money.

I donated $100.

Fuck the haters.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Mac Australia Show Events Winner Winner x 23Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

40. Post #40
    Gold Member
    January 2011
    29,627 Posts
    I donated $100.

Fuck the haters.
    If you're for real, you are a true winner.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows Vista United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)