1. Post #41
    Judging people just because of their avatars/titles is RETARDED
    March 2011
    8,790 Posts
    Looks nice. Kinda has the CoD:4 feel to it.

Cant wait and hopefully not rage at the low skills i have at this game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #42
    Wish they would bring VIP back, it used to be pretty popular as a CS:S gamemode
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 10Zing Zing x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

3. Post #43

September 2011
    754 Posts
    I was watching some streams of it earlier, hope they make the hitboxes nice, like pre-orange box CSS
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Artistic Artistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #44

May 2011
    1,006 Posts
    Oh cool, I got in...because of STS :)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Czech Republic Show Events

5. Post #45
    August 2011
    1,549 Posts
    Some of the weapon models look kind of... bad.
    The ak looks really nice though.

I would have liked to see an m16 as well as an m4 though. But if their goal is to pretty much make an updated version of the original counterstrike, then new weapons would throw off the balancing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

6. Post #46

September 2011
    754 Posts

I would have liked to see an m16 as well as an m4 though. But if their goal is to pretty much make an updated version of the original counterstrike, then new weapons would throw off the balancing.
    The awp looks kinda disgusting to me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 8Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

7. Post #47
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,148 Posts
    There is just something about the way aiming and bullet recoil works in this game... I hate it. I would rather play CS:S. I have mouse acceleration turned off but there must be some kind of mouse lag option I haven't found yet. I don't like I can't fire more than two shots without the gun seeming to just shoot in the air, despite the lack of visual recoil. This is really annoying because I like everything else about the game but this is ruining it, but I don't know if anyone else is experiencing the same problems or actually likes it like this.

Edited:

No I think they said that they do want this to be a new Counter Strike. The reason they're making this is because they don't want to edit 1.6 or Source and with the new Counter Strike they can test out new game modes, map balances and new weapons/grenades. Not to mention I can imagine things like the firebomb and distraction grenade being game changers. Although it's generally pretty obvious when it's a distraction grenade and not a real person.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #48
    sarcastic bastard
    October 2005
    5,118 Posts
    There is just something about the way aiming and bullet recoil works in this game... I hate it. I would rather play CS:S. I have mouse acceleration turned off but there must be some kind of mouse lag option I haven't found yet. I don't like I can't fire more than two shots without the gun seeming to just shoot in the air, despite the lack of visual recoil. This is really annoying because I like everything else about the game but this is ruining it, but I don't know if anyone else is experiencing the same problems or actually likes it like this.
    Turn off v-sync.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 1Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    5,477 Posts
    I like how you can play instead of a bot when you're dead.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

10. Post #50
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,148 Posts
    Turn off v-sync.
    Have my babies. I had no idea v-sync caused mouse lag. It's still a shame about the recoil though.

I think I just discovered a bug. If you throw a decoy grenade while you're sort of colliding with someone, then it sticks to them and makes a hilarious noise, and I think it might make them get stuck until the grenade blows up.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Emi Waifu 2011 <3
    November 2010
    1,758 Posts
    Have my babies. I had no idea v-sync caused mouse lag. It's still a shame about the recoil though.

I think I just discovered a bug. If you throw a decoy grenade while you're sort of colliding with someone, then it sticks to them and makes a hilarious noise, and I think it might make them get stuck until the grenade blows up.

That happened with the smoke on CSS too
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

12. Post #52
    November 2008
    1,315 Posts

IMAPICTURE
    They should keep that in as a feature against griefers. Act like an idiot? Get frozen in place with a decoy grenade in your face shooting off fake gun sounds and blinding you with the sparks.

Also, Valve said that they are planning on opening up the beta more at some point. They just haven't said when. I also have a request in for giveaway keys when that time happens.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,132 Posts
    Is there a server browser in this or is it just match making?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events

14. Post #54
    October 2010
    11,829 Posts
    Is there a server browser in this or is it just match making?
    Read the OP next time

OP posted:
    Q)How do I open the server browser?
    A) The current version of the beta does not support a server browser. This feature will be added later.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

15. Post #55
    March 2011
    1,283 Posts
    I can't usually tell. Do the gun viewmodels look a little "uber-close-to-camera" like some people say they do in L4D2 and Portal 2?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

16. Post #56
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,148 Posts
    No they look about the same distance as CSS view models in my opinion.

The one thing I really love about the AK47, is how they fixed it so it's ejection port is on the right side. Terrorists must be getting faces full of hot casings during CSS.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

17. Post #57
    August 2011
    1,549 Posts
    I can't usually tell. Do the gun viewmodels look a little "uber-close-to-camera" like some people say they do in L4D2 and Portal 2?
    Small fov.
    Would be fixed with a config change.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

18. Post #58
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,369 Posts
    Wish they would bring VIP back, it used to be pretty popular as a CS:S gamemode
    I pretty sure they are, they are adding a lot of game modes so I am sure VIP would be it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #59
    I like how you can play instead of a bot when you're dead.
    That should be like, the rule for all games with bots
    I would love to be able to play as a CI in L4D while waiting to respawn for example.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Argentina Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

20. Post #60
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,148 Posts
    They should keep that in as a feature against griefers. Act like an idiot? Get frozen in place with a decoy grenade in your face shooting off fake gun sounds and blinding you with the sparks.
    That's actually exactly what I was doing with it. Some chump kept shooting people while we're trying to run, and even though it does not team damage it still slows you down, so I kept glitching decoy grenades onto him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #61
    Appreciates Subtle Titles
    April 2009
    6,789 Posts
    I'm so incredibly happy gun game is going official. 99% of my CS time is spent on gun game servers.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #62
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,896 Posts
    So I tried playing last night. Menu was nice, the music was odd but nice, tried to join a game and my computer exploded. Time to get a new computer.

23. Post #63
    July 2010
    332 Posts
    I'm so incredibly happy gun game is going official. 99% of my CS time is spent on gun game servers.
    Source?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 6Late Late x 1 (list)

24. Post #64
    April 2009
    1,807 Posts
    New source textures for mapping? +1!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

25. Post #65
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,148 Posts
    Chet has said it in a lot of interviews
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Informative Informative x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #66
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,805 Posts
    Are people allowed to upload the music files? If so, please do, cause I crave soundtracks

27. Post #67

September 2011
    754 Posts
    if you want to make the viewmodel fov higher type this in the console: viewmodel_offset_y 6
    edit: hope they remake de_phoenix for cs:go too, that map is wonderful
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Informative Informative x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #68
    June 2011
    158 Posts
    Is there shell ejection depicted on the L4D2-style weapons? I think being able to leave that out is part of Valve's love for this new viewmodel style (the only non-pistol that ejects shells in their last "modern" shooter, L4D2, is the AK-47 and it actually ejects unfired cartridges for some reason).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

29. Post #69
    May 2011
    85 Posts
    Looks amazing! Hopefully I can get a CS:GO beta key and try it out :D

30. Post #70
    October 2010
    11,829 Posts
    it's been been confirmed in several different interviews by now

31. Post #71
    February 2010
    6,257 Posts
    i just have found the names of some csgo maps
    Embassy sounds interesting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #72
    December 2011
    11 Posts
    definitely looking forward to this game, a new counter-strike needed to be released most definitely. nice thread also, answers a lot of good questions i was wondering about myself.

33. Post #73
    July 2010
    332 Posts
    it's been been confirmed in several different interviews by now
    So i guess dumb=/=uninformed?

Link to an interview is what i wanted. Curiousness is inside me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

34. Post #74
    October 2010
    11,829 Posts
    So i guess dumb=/=uninformed?

Link to an interview is what i wanted. Curiousness is inside me.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...bal-offensive/

I'm pretty sure it's in this video, but the video is an hour long so I couldn't be bothered to watch the entire thing to be completely sure

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    860 Posts
    Figured I'd dump some pictures from the game. It's pretty for a Source game.

Click 'em for larger res.

As for how the game plays, it's pretty fun. Lots of people say it reminds them of 1.6, personally I think it reminds me of Source, so I dunno. There's this one obnoxious movement bug where you can strafe side to side and move faster than you normally could, but hopefully that will be fixed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,842 Posts
    i dislike that theyre using rimlighting, its cartoony
    i thought after the l4d games they didnt want to use it anymore
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 15Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

37. Post #77
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

38. Post #78
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    8,008 Posts
    So I finally put my beta code into Steam and I get the message its already been activated. Turns out my friend wrote down my code on scratch paper and used it for himself.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly x 35Funny x 7Zing x 2Winner x 2Informative x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    817 Posts
    i dislike that theyre using rimlighting, its cartoony
    i thought after the l4d games they didnt want to use it anymore
    it highlights the silhouettes well, so i'm sure they will keep using it everywhere.
    it doesnt look that cartoonish wit a good lighting btw
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #80
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,799 Posts
    So I finally put my beta code into Steam and I get the message its already been activated. Turns out my friend wrote down my code on scratch paper and used it for himself.

What a giant bastard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 53 (list)