1. Post #81
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    735 Posts
    ported l4d2 skins to csgo, much better, especially the deagle.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Disagree Disagree x 20Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #82
    October 2010
    11,742 Posts
    You mean models?

Yes, the deagle looks like it's straight from L4D2 but the AK is a completely original model (it was stated in an interview)

plus the deagle with that new texture actually looks way better than in L4D2 IMHO

Edited:

So I finally put my beta code into Steam and I get the message its already been activated. Turns out my friend wrote down my code on scratch paper and used it for himself.

I guess you could try contacting Steam Support
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #83
    November 2011
    704 Posts
    Re-post for new thread.

Also on a similar topic to the video, is it just me (it probably is) but is it easier to get kills by just randomly shooting now. I don't remember spraying being so damn effective in CSS.
    Paused video after "Let the Bod..."

Edited:

Also why are Valve even doing this, they havent made any engine improvements and it looks like absolute shit to its competitors, plays horribly, and spraying is so effective its insane. CS 1.6 actually required some skill and such when it came to gunplay-and played alot better. This pretty much eliminates this game for me, poor graphics compared to other games of its kind for 2011 and horrible gameplay, sure gameplay can sometimes make up for horrid graphics but not this time because both previous games are funner, harder and generally play better while looking the exact same. And they don't have shitty matchmaking bullshit and this rank crap.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #84
    October 2010
    11,742 Posts
    Paused video after "Let the Bod..."

Edited:

Also why are Valve even doing this, they havent made any engine improvements and it looks like absolute shit to its competitors, plays horribly, and spraying is so effective its insane. CS 1.6 actually required some skill and such when it came to gunplay-and played alot better. This pretty much eliminates this game for me, poor graphics compared to other games of its kind for 2011 and horrible gameplay, sure gameplay can sometimes make up for horrid graphics but not this time because both previous games are funner, harder and generally play better while looking the exact same. And they don't have shitty matchmaking bullshit and this rank crap.
    This just was released in beta, it is not even close to being finished

for a Source game this is really impressive, I even have a friend who plays Battlefield who was impressed by the graphics, and gameplay will be fixed through testing

stop complaining about a game that isn't done, Valve has stated that the game is subject to change
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

5. Post #85
    November 2011
    704 Posts
    This just was released in beta, it is not even close to being finished

for a Source game this is really impressive, I even have a friend who plays Battlefield who was impressed by the graphics, and gameplay will be fixed through testing

stop complaining about a game that isn't done, Valve has stated that the game is subject to change
    Its a beta, its what Valve sees as nearly complete. Its in testing phase. The graphics feel stale, its more of a question of why would I play the closed beta when I can play a game with the same graphics, a cleaner interface and much much more.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6Dumb Dumb x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

6. Post #86
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,210 Posts
    I don't know about you, but some of the screenshots look almost like Battlefield 3.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

7. Post #87
    Gold Member
    August 2011
    735 Posts
    You mean models?

Yes, the deagle is straight from L4D2 but the AK is a completely original model (it was stated in an interview)

plus the deagle with that new texture actually looks way better than in L4D2 IMHO
    well, they lied, deagle and ak are both taken from l4d2, but with shitty retextures.
    l4d deagle is better, it's more shiny and reflects everything well, because it has a proper reflection map.
    csgo gun textures are lame in general, just look. notice the lack of details in general and specular maps, which is basically just repeating the diffuse, thats a bad, lazy way to do them.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Informative Informative x 7Winner Winner x 3Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

8. Post #88
    November 2011
    704 Posts
    I don't know about you, but some of the screenshots look almost like Battlefield 3.
    Depends, maybe if you run BF3 on low. The textures just make me *ugh* after playing games with decent graphics. Why hasant valve improved on them one bit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

9. Post #89
    I do it all
    November 2010
    13,210 Posts
    Depends, maybe if you run BF3 on low. The textures just make me *ugh* after playing games with decent graphics. Why hasant valve improved on them one bit.
    Source is flexible and that's why they continue to update it. The physics and lighting are very realistic and the graphics aren't that shabby.

Keep in mind guys, this is a beta.. Send feedback in and it may be fixed, remember when BF3 had so much glitches and shit but on its release was mostly fine?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

10. Post #90
    I'm going to be 100% honest here.

I prefer CS:S over 1.6.

Feels good to finally say that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 34Funny Funny x 3 (list)

11. Post #91
    November 2011
    704 Posts
    Source is flexible and that's why they continue to update it. The physics and lighting are very realistic and the graphics aren't that shabby.

Keep in mind guys, this is a beta.. Send feedback in and it may be fixed, remember when BF3 had so much glitches and shit but on its release was mostly fine?
    You're confusing graphics with glitches. I know they both start with the letter G but that does not make them the same. Jokes aside, Source is really getting old Valve needs to update it. The "oh some peoples hardware..." is out of date. Everybody has a more then capable machine now, or atleast most people who PC game do. If you have a AGP card its not really our fault and I dislike how this is holding back the Source engine. Also the lighting in source is horrible, the shadows are horrible etc. The textures are flat etc. I'm not saying its a bad engine, its just outdated.

Edited:

Both are fun, however CS:GO is basically a CS:S spinoff with slightly more detailed geometry work in the maps, and different texturing mixed with some horrible L4D2 matchmaking and limited player amounts/ no skill involved in the gunplay.

I mean fuck, come on even Call of duty has SSAO and other graphical features.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

12. Post #92
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    5,439 Posts

I'm okay with that. You're saying this as if you were going to be yelled at by the people who think otherwise because "their opinion is always the right one".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

13. Post #93
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    2,586 Posts
    It's my mission to becoming an actually competent CS player before the end of the closed beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

14. Post #94
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,004 Posts
    Both are fun, however CS:GO is basically a CS:S spinoff with slightly more detailed geometry work in the maps, and different texturing mixed with some horrible L4D2 matchmaking and limited player amounts/ no skill involved in the gunplay. And what's your reasoning for saying it has "no skill"?

They probably would have just added new features to CS:S if the CS fanbase wasn't so whiney and unpleasable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 9Zing Zing x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #95
    July 2010
    332 Posts
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...bal-offensive/

I'm pretty sure it's in this video, but the video is an hour long so I couldn't be bothered to watch the entire thing to be completely sure
    Much appreciated
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #96
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,250 Posts
    Annoyingly we live in an age where whenever a new game comes out people will find ways to flak and poke at it.
    I get annoyed reading people who have played the game and haven't say, a big claim I keep seeing is there is no recoil, it's consolised, ugly and the models and animations look horrible, which = a big flop of a game.

People keep ignoring the fact that is a BETA, an early one at that.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 8 (list)

17. Post #97
    July 2010
    332 Posts
    Annoyingly we live in an age where whenever a new game comes out people will find ways to flak and poke at it.
    I get annoyed reading people who have played the game and haven't say, a big claim I keep seeing is there is no recoil, it's consolised, ugly and the models and animations look horrible, which = a big flop of a game.

People keep ignoring the fact that is a BETA, an early one at that.
    You've also go to remember that despite it being called a beta, it's actually more of an alpha, since there are very few maps/gamemodes/weapons and as Valve say, everything is up for change.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

18. Post #98
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    7,785 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

19. Post #99
    November 2011
    704 Posts
    You've also go to remember that despite it being called a beta, it's actually more of an alpha, since there are very few maps/gamemodes/weapons and as Valve say, everything is up for change.
    Even the engines shitty graphics? Nope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9Zing Zing x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

20. Post #100
    July 2010
    332 Posts
    Even the engines shitty graphics? Nope.
    I meant everything gameplay related..

When it comes to CS games, graphics have never been a massive concern. 1.6 is still the most played game on Steam (afaik). Honestly, who cares that its on the Source engine?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #101
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,393 Posts
    I've played since the 1.6 days (though still suck at CS in general ) and am really looking forward to CSGO.

I wish I had a key :C
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #102
    November 2011
    704 Posts
    I meant everything gameplay related..

When it comes to CS games, graphics have never been a massive concern. 1.6 is still the most played game on Steam (afaik). Honestly, who cares that its on the Source engine?
    1.6 is most played because it runs on pieces of shit, and the gameplay outweighs the graphics by far. CS:S is the same. CS:GO has shit gameplay and shit graphics so its disqualified.
    They should reintroduce AS_ maps, thats the only way they would get me to buy this shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 11Funny Funny x 2 (list)

23. Post #103
    November 2009
    2,490 Posts
    Figured I'd dump some pictures from the game. It's pretty for a Source game.

Click 'em for larger res.

As for how the game plays, it's pretty fun. Lots of people say it reminds them of 1.6, personally I think it reminds me of Source, so I dunno. There's this one obnoxious movement bug where you can strafe side to side and move faster than you normally could, but hopefully that will be fixed.
    a CT holding a molotov looks wierd,
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 11Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

24. Post #104
    October 2010
    11,742 Posts
    1.6 is most played because it runs on pieces of shit, and the gameplay outweighs the graphics by far. CS:S is the same. CS:GO has shit gameplay and shit graphics so its disqualified.
    They should reintroduce AS_ maps, thats the only way they would get me to buy this shit.
    It's practically an alpha and you're judging it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #105
    November 2011
    704 Posts
    It's practically an alpha and you're judging it
    Then why are they calling it a beta.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

26. Post #106
    Ex-Least Respected Usergroup
    June 2007
    7,037 Posts
    Then why are they calling it a beta.
    Why did DICE call the BF3 demo a beta?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #107
    November 2011
    704 Posts
    Why did DICE call the BF3 demo a beta?
    For marketing purposes?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

28. Post #108
    July 2010
    332 Posts
    For marketing purposes?
    Well there's your answer..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Winner Winner x 4 (list)

29. Post #109
    November 2011
    704 Posts
    Well there's your answer..
    Except its a closed beta, therefor eliminating most media outlets.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #110
    Except its a closed beta, therefor eliminating most media outlets.
    Except most media outlets probably get access because you know, publicity?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

31. Post #111
    November 2011
    704 Posts
    Except most media outlets probably get access because you know, publicity?
    Nope? PCG and RPS did not nor did any other media outlets I know of... source??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #112
    Ex-Least Respected Usergroup
    June 2007
    7,037 Posts
    Nope? PCG and RPS did not nor did any other media outlets I know of... source??
    RPS lied

Edited:

In fact any media outlet that was at either PAX (Kotaku) or Eurogamer (RPS) must have got a key or they didn't bother going along to one of the booths. Plus I'm fairly sure valve would send one to you if you were a nice respectable news outlet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #113
    November 2011
    704 Posts
    Rockpapershitgun are a reputable and respectable, nice and unbias news outlet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

34. Post #114
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,371 Posts
    So I was browsing the content and wha-

Oh dear lord is it the-

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Winner Winner x 47Informative Informative x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #115
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    4,209 Posts

Both are fun, however CS:GO is basically a CS:S spinoff with slightly more detailed geometry work in the maps, and different texturing mixed with some horrible L4D2 matchmaking and limited player amounts/ no skill involved in the gunplay.

Oh I'm sorry, I was under the impression that the game was still in beta, I didn't notice that they released it. My bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

36. Post #116
    ~blue 4evr~
    October 2009
    10,747 Posts
    THE CHICKEN IS BACK! AWW YEAH
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 11Late Late x 2 (list)

37. Post #117
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,148 Posts
    Do you even know the difference between a model and skin?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 2 (list)

38. Post #118
    Gold Member
    February 2010
    3,084 Posts
    I can't usually tell. Do the gun viewmodels look a little "uber-close-to-camera" like some people say they do in L4D2 and Portal 2?
    reminds me of this

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 49Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #119
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    14,919 Posts
    I'm okay with that. You're saying this as if you were going to be yelled at by the people who think otherwise because "their opinion is always the right one".
    there's a difference between saying "source is better than 1.6" and "i like source more than 1.6" hence why people aren't yelling at him.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

40. Post #120

July 2010
    4,575 Posts
    Just as an FYI, if you have ANY problems with the CS:GO beta's gameplay, Valve is 100% receptive to it. The direction of the game is in our hands, literally.

But keep in mind that the game was tested prior to the current "closed beta" by a decent number of pro CS players. They had their own private forum and private build, and they were beta testing before any of us were. So if you think the gameplay is "dumbed down," talk to them and ask their opinion.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events