1. Post #201
    November 2008
    1,314 Posts
    i think about half the people who are in the beta on facepunch got it from personguy when he held the little poem contest and the other half got it from conventions.

then we have smashman and snowcanary who are a part of sts and wiki.

Edited:

also i thought you died zips ever since garry closed down your newsbot
    Nope, I've been around. Even after a ban (or was it two?) and my newsbot being replaced by the BBC (wait, really?), I'm still kickin'. I pop up in threads here and there with some exclusive news stuff I figure you guys would like, largely keeping to Valve or Steam related game stuff.

I could probably say something in the DOTA 2 thread and talk about the beta there. Super Monday Night Combat is also fun. The upcoming KF update too, but I'm under strict NDA for that until a particular time.

But anyway, I do plan to do more of these comparisons if/when Valve adds more maps to the beta. This, while time consuming, was a lot of fun if for only getting to see just how much the games changed in terms of map layout.

Based on that tentative list of maps posted earlier in the thread, there are some great revivals that even missed a Source release, so it will be very interesting to see what happens. Plus it's REALLY crazy actually having Counter-Strike news on the site again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #202
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,311 Posts
    upcoming kf update i wonder what it could be (christmas)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

3. Post #203
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,834 Posts
    -snip-
    i can't read hurr
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #204
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,833 Posts
    he was talking about zips post just above him
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

5. Post #205
    Dennab
    April 2010
    2,092 Posts
    Okay, just to clean it up, I've edited it.

Pics :
    Whiteboard with names of pelope from HL2.

New vending machine skin
    \
    Found second new skin of vending machine

I know, it's just crowbar, but could it be HL2 reference ? (CT playermodel)

Videos :
    Video of that chicken posted, but with animations.

At this second, I'm making video about hostages models.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Slovakia Show Events Winner Winner x 14Funny Funny x 7Informative Informative x 3Useful Useful x 1 (list)

6. Post #206
    Ask Rohan about rust keys!
    August 2011
    2,760 Posts
    The ct looks like he has a snow pickaxe thingy more than a crowbar, and that would add evidence to possibly a new map because somebody else found a skybox with snowy mountains.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

7. Post #207
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,311 Posts
    i thought it was already known that player skins correspond to the environment the map is?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

8. Post #208
    July 2010
    3,854 Posts
    Videos :
    Video of that chicken posted, but with animations.

At this second, I'm making video about hostages models.

0:44
    New gamemode confirmed.

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 12Late Late x 4 (list)

9. Post #209
    i thought it was already known that player skins correspond to the environment the map is?
    So I can't be an Arctic avenger in the desert? :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Friendly Friendly x 2Funny Funny x 2Late Late x 1 (list)

10. Post #210
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,098 Posts
    Nope, I've been around. Even after a ban (or was it two?) and my newsbot being replaced by the BBC (wait, really?), I'm still kickin'. I pop up in threads here and there with some exclusive news stuff I figure you guys would like, largely keeping to Valve or Steam related game stuff.
    I remember when you got banned for posting news about incoming CSS news. That was pretty funny.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #211
    February 2010
    6,194 Posts
    WATAH S'GOOD.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

12. Post #212
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,016 Posts
    So I feel like playing some CS because of this thread, should I play CS:S or try CS.1.6 or CZ since I got them from a friend when they were on sale for 3 bucks in a pack.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

13. Post #213
    Rust Customer Helpdesk - leave a message on my profile!
    September 2005
    63,354 Posts
    i don't like the angle the guns are on
    i really miss the way the weapons looked (angle and position) in css
    perfection
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 16 (list)

14. Post #214
    smelly member
    June 2005
    7,098 Posts
    Valve should remodel all the maps to have unpolitically correct jokes and stuff about the place, and then rename it Counter-Strike: Globally Offensive.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 37Zing Zing x 2Disagree Disagree x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #215
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,772 Posts
    Counter-Strike: Source had terrible, terrible animations, while TF2s animations were just flawless.
    GO's animations don't look that much better either
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

16. Post #216
    October 2010
    11,811 Posts
    Counter-Strike: Source had terrible, terrible animations, while TF2s animations were just flawless.
    At least GO is still a beta
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

17. Post #217
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    7,016 Posts
    Valve's animations have been really weird since l4d2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 19 (list)

18. Post #218
    September 2005
    63,354 Posts
    Why are people hating on CSS? The way it works is so tightly wound and it's still the most fun I've ever had online.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 5Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

19. Post #219
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,772 Posts
    CS:S gameplay is fun, nothing wrong with it, but you must admit the models weren't that great
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

20. Post #220
    September 2005
    63,354 Posts
    I loved the models. They are by far my favourite of any game. They just feel so right, for a game.

Edited:

If every game had the css models I'd be a happy man
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Australia Show Events Agree Agree x 17Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 2 (list)

21. Post #221
    December 2011
    7 Posts
    Hello guys, check it ModDB.
    I've ported de_aztec map from CS:S to CS:GO. So, it's fully working map, including global achievments and map selection icon in menu!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 5 (list)

22. Post #222
    Ask Rohan about rust keys!
    August 2011
    2,760 Posts
    So I feel like playing some CS because of this thread, should I play CS:S or try CS.1.6 or CZ since I got them from a friend when they were on sale for 3 bucks in a pack.
    CSS for mods, CZ for shits and giggles, and CS for redirect server list infection.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

23. Post #223
    December 2010
    3,183 Posts
    I know, it's just crowbar, but could it be HL2 reference ? (CT playermodel)
    Some counter-terrorist units carry crowbars to pry open doors when rushing in. Could be an easter egg or just some equipment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

24. Post #224
    November 2008
    1,314 Posts
    I remember when you got banned for posting news about incoming CSS news. That was pretty funny.
    That was quite funny. I think it was moreso the reaction both from myself and the angry people that led to the ban, not necessarily the news tease itself though, which ended up being true.

upcoming kf update i wonder what it could be (christmas)
    Not quite. Not wanting to derail this thread, I'll simply say to check out the Tripwire Interactive Facebook page. It's probably not what you're expecting.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

25. Post #225
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,311 Posts
    sorry to derail but

hold on a second here.

(User was banned for this post ("Trolling" - verynicelady))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

26. Post #226
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,930 Posts
    -snip, sorry for the dumb post, read below.-

27. Post #227
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,150 Posts
    The fuck?

Do i see a revolver?

Is there weapons that they are hiding here or were they just cut from the game?

EDIT:

If this is true the revolver will be my bitch 24/7 especially if its accurate.

EDIT 2:

Sent an email to Robin to find out if he knows anything about this.

EDIT 3:

The one in the middle looks mysteriously like an RPG and the one on the lower right looks ALOT like a grenade launcher.
    Thats "Riddle" is from Killing Floor.

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=72138
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

28. Post #228
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,930 Posts
    That is "Riddle" is from Killing Floor.
    Did they post this riddle somewhere and does it even have to do with CS:GO?

29. Post #229
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,150 Posts
    Did they post this riddle somewhere and does it even have to do with CS:GO?
    Yup and no.

Thats why BeardyDuck apologized for "derailing the thread".
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

30. Post #230
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,311 Posts
    The one in the middle looks mysteriously like an RPG and the one on the lower right looks ALOT like a grenade launcher.
    it's a fucking bastard sword why would that be an rpg
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

31. Post #231
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    4,930 Posts
    Yup and no.

Thats why BeardyDuck apologized for "derailing the thread".
    Fucking hell shouldve gotten a clue.

32. Post #232
    October 2010
    11,811 Posts
    it's a fucking bastard sword why would that be an rpg
    exactly

I didn't even seen the resemblance to an RPG

33. Post #233
    Professional Video Games Hoarder
    July 2005
    1,720 Posts
    oh god I want a key so bad :(
    There are no games shows or anything here in Montreal :(
    Supposed to be a freaking GAMEs MAKING CITY !

Anyone have a key that they dont use ? :(
    Itll make my day

34. Post #234
    February 2010
    6,194 Posts
    sorry to derail but

hold on a second here.
    New weapons, equipments?

35. Post #235
    November 2009
    2,500 Posts
    sorry to derail but

hold on a second here.
    i think thats about killing floor
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #236
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    11,739 Posts
    i think about half the people who are in the beta on facepunch got it from personguy when he held the little poem contest and the other half got it from conventions.

then we have smashman and snowcanary who are a part of sts and wiki.

Edited:

also i thought you died zips ever since garry closed down your newsbot
    No, I went to Eurogamer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

37. Post #237
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,311 Posts
    i think thats about killing floor
    why do you think i said sorry to derail
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

38. Post #238
    July 2010
    6,696 Posts
    why do you think i said sorry to derail
    why did you post it in the first place you idiot

(User was banned for this post ("Flaming" - Craptasket))
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 3 (list)

39. Post #239
    Gold Member
    January 2005
    18,043 Posts
    Instead of making another video as a comparison and taking up far too much of my time trying to edit everything together, I made a screenshot comparison between CS1.6, CS: Condition Zero, CS: Source, and CS: Global Offensive.

It shows off differences between near identical positions in Dust and Dust 2.

http://csnation.net/content.php?818-...ust-and-Dust-2

It's two pages. There's a button on the top and bottom of the article that will take you to the second page that showcases the Dust 2 shots. Figured some here might like this.
    I remember the days when CS-Nation was in the News Node.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

40. Post #240
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    860 Posts
    I've never been able to successfully listen for footsteps and deduct that it was an enemy.
    I have this problem in CS:GO as well, at least in terms of figuring out where the sound is coming from.

And I don't think it's just me either, someone else in the last game I played also complained about it. Positional audio is all weird for some reason.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)