1. Post #361
    May 2011
    1,915 Posts
    Can't wait for bots so I don't have to play with random assholes.
    I thought bots were already implemented?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

2. Post #362
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,325 Posts
    I thought bots were already implemented?
    Oh right, totally slipped my mind. Good bye random assholes, hello AI assholes!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

3. Post #363
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    5,865 Posts
    Oh right, totally slipped my mind. Good bye random assholes, hello AI assholes!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 25Funny Funny x 8Late Late x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #364
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,896 Posts
    WHERE'S THE BOMB
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 13 (list)

5. Post #365
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    2,806 Posts
    So I finally put my beta code into Steam and I get the message its already been activated. Turns out my friend wrote down my code on scratch paper and used it for himself.

I know this is late reply but you could just inform Valve/CS:GO team to close that key and give you new one.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

6. Post #366
    like..dude..nevermind....fuck
    July 2011
    4,629 Posts
    Havent been keeping up with CSGO lately, will the beta ever go open?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

7. Post #367
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    5,475 Posts
    Havent been keeping up with CSGO lately, will the beta ever go open?
    yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Funny Funny x 4Informative Informative x 1 (list)

8. Post #368
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,542 Posts
    Chet still hasn't responsed to my mail about whether the CSGO SDK will include world portals since it runs on the Portal 2 Source branch :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

9. Post #369
    July 2010
    5,172 Posts
    Unfortunately now you can control bots when you die.
    Which can totally be abused if a good player dies early and then takes control of a bot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1Late Late x 1 (list)

10. Post #370
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    5,475 Posts
    Which can totally be abused if a good player dies early and then takes control of a bot.
    Good players rarely die early so that's alright.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

11. Post #371
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,325 Posts
    Ugh, I can't enjoy this game at all. Should've given my key to someone else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

12. Post #372
    December 2009
    8,804 Posts
    Good players rarely die early so that's alright.
    No but if you know you have a bot on your team and you're a good player you'll feel less pressure when it comes to dying.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

13. Post #373
    November 2011
    42 Posts
    Relax, this is running on an updated source engine. SOURCE ENGINE. Regardless of how good you are you still suck. No such thing as Pro in source games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 21Disagree Disagree x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

14. Post #374
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,325 Posts
    Relax, this is running on an updated source engine. SOURCE ENGINE. Regardless of how good you are you still suck. No such thing as Pro in source games.
    What does the engine have to do with being able to enjoy something?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #375
    November 2011
    42 Posts
    What does the engine have to do with being able to enjoy something?
    What does what you just said have anything to do with what I said?

I was just pointing out that there is no such thing as being a Pro in a source engine game. They were bigging up "pro players" using bots as if it was a game changer.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 17Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

16. Post #376
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,325 Posts
    What does what you just said have anything to do with what I said?

I was just pointing out that there is no such thing as being a Pro in a source engine game. They were bigging up "pro players" using bots as if it was a game changer.
    Oh, my mistake. Thought you were referring to my post.

Though the bots thing is dumb. If you die in CS:S, you shouldn't get a free ride back in because the bots are in game. Even if you're good, if you die, you're dead. Stay dead please.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #377
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    2,907 Posts
    Does anyone know if there are different knives to buy?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny x 5Disagree x 3Dumb x 3Winner x 2Friendly x 1 (list)

18. Post #378
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,325 Posts
    Does anyone know if there are different knives to buy?
    As of now? No. If ever? Probably not since its melee and super situational.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #379
    As of now? No. If ever? Probably not since its melee and super situational.
    It's more humiliation than anything else, I've never seen I barely ever see a situation where knife is better than a gun unless you both manage to go through all your bullets and not hit each other.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

20. Post #380
    October 2010
    11,826 Posts
    It's more humiliation than anything else, I've never seen a situation where knife is better than a gun unless you both manage to go through all your bullets and not hit each other.
    Once I saw two guys who both had machine guns in CSS and from like 30 feet away they let at each other with fully automatic and missed every shot until they were out of ammo

Then they brought out knives
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 13Winner Winner x 3 (list)

21. Post #381
    July 2010
    332 Posts
    Long shot, but has anyone got a spare CSGO key? I'v got a spare DOTA2 key if anyone wants to trade?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

22. Post #382
    July 2010
    5,172 Posts
    Just because Source is a little chaotic with hitboxes, reg, and ping doesn't mean you can't master the games that use that engine.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

23. Post #383
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    5,641 Posts
    That will probably be fun for playing with my friends for fun, but I'm not sure I'd like that on an actual server.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

24. Post #384
    Gold Member
    June 2008
    6,325 Posts
    That will probably be fun for playing with my friends for fun, but I'm not sure I'd like that on an actual server.
    Pro and 4 bots on one team vs you and some guys who joined. Pro has 5 lives, you guys have 1. It's not fun at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

25. Post #385
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,482 Posts
    Pro and 4 bots on one team vs you and some guys who joined. Pro has 5 lives, you guys have 1. It's not fun at all.
    I would like them to keep it in, its optional for server owners anyway so if you dont like it, they probably wont either. But its just fun to use when you arent serious playing.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

26. Post #386
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,896 Posts
    Why would a pro be playing the casual mode?

27. Post #387
    Gold Member
    August 2007
    9,842 Posts
    Why would a pro be playing the casual mode?
    the same reason any other obnoxious "pros" do it - to brag
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #388
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,896 Posts
    Oh that explains everything.

29. Post #389
    Glod Menber
    May 2008
    24,586 Posts
    im pro at being casual
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #390
    Da real Rorropirorro
    April 2010
    254 Posts
    There may be some sort of server cvar to change the whole "dead players take control of bots" thing.

Perhaps "pro" mode will automatically have it disabled.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

31. Post #391
    March 2010
    903 Posts
    Who uses bots for training anyway? Its horrible training when it comes to strategy, faking and flashing. I don't think the "take over bots when you die" is a very big problem. I am sure you can turn that off in the console.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

32. Post #392
    I like the take over bots idea. Atleast you don't have to sit the entire round doing nothing if you die first and someone has to be first.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

33. Post #393
    July 2010
    5,172 Posts
    I like the take over bots idea. Atleast you don't have to sit the entire round doing nothing if you die first and someone has to be first.
    Usually you don't get the chance to, since someone dies right after you and takes the bot's place.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #394
    October 2010
    11,826 Posts
    Who uses bots for training anyway?
    I do, I have all the bots in CSS run at me with knives (over 30 of them to the enemy team) so it helps me with headshots a lot since I need to get headshots to kill them fast enough
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 4Informative x 1Useful x 1Winner x 1Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #395
    "Epic Leddit pwner :)"
    March 2010
    12,352 Posts
    I hope they add extra voices.

I would love to hear this on Cs_Office
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Latvia Show Events Funny Funny x 15Agree Agree x 1 (list)

36. Post #396
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,369 Posts

wasn't expecting to hear that of all things so i laughed pretty hard.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

37. Post #397
    February 2010
    6,247 Posts

Best laugh, all laughs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #398
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,689 Posts
    Splitscreen is apparently confirmed (for consoles at least).
    I can't play split screen, of all things I can never remember just to look to my side of the screen.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

39. Post #399

That's my CS:S bomb beep sound.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events Funny Funny x 11Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

40. Post #400
    October 2010
    11,826 Posts
    I can't play split screen, of all things I can never remember just to look to my side of the screen.
    I just get immersed in my side, just focus on yours and forget the other guy even has one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events