1. Post #1081
    Dennab
    June 2011
    2,108 Posts
    They aren't going to remove it because it keeps down the number of things being rendered. It's there because of consoles.
    They better remove it/have an option to remove it, cause it is fucking dumb and has no purpose on PCs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

2. Post #1082
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,285 Posts
    no man remember they gotta cater to the "hardcore" scene on consoles as well.

Edited:

CAN'T GIVE PC'S AN ADVANTAGE, GOTTA DUMB IT DOWN TO MAKE IT EVEN.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Zing Zing x 9Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

3. Post #1083
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,831 Posts
    CAN'T GIVE PC'S AN ADVANTAGE, GOTTA DUMB IT DOWN TO MAKE IT EVEN.
    stop that
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 13Agree Agree x 4 (list)

4. Post #1084
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,552 Posts
    They aren't going to remove it because it keeps down the number of things being rendered. It's there because of consoles.
    No
    Source runs fine on consoles, and if anything fog would make it worse
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4 (list)

5. Post #1085
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    No
    IIRC smoke particles can make the game look less smooth when close and looking at it, makes look movement look slower
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

6. Post #1086
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,401 Posts
    IIRC smoke particles can make the game look less smooth when close and looking at it, makes look movement look slower
    Depending on how many particles are created and how frequently, then they shouldn't be an issue at all.

Fog is just a player inconvenience if anything.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

7. Post #1087
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,529 Posts
    No
    Not really sure what there is to disagree with, the fact of the matter is that it's true. When i played through the orange box on the 360 there were no performance issues and it looked just as good as it did on my PC at the time.

Edited:

My point being that there's no reason for their to be fog on the PC version OR the 360/PS3 versions of CS:GO.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #1088
    June 2011
    8,711 Posts
    What does that have to do with the PC version.

They didn't add this idiotic fog for any other Source game, not even TF2.

Seriously this game isn't even remotely graphically demanding, there's no reason for the fog, especially in damn 5v5 maps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #1089
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,831 Posts
    I'd like to see cs_office2
    There are two de_dust maps, why not two cs_offices?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

10. Post #1090
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    Like a larger cs_office like the custom ones, but a default one
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

11. Post #1091
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,529 Posts
    at the moment the deagle is more effective to run around with than any other gun, the pistol accuracy is better than rifles. especially since there's fog which limits your few, so the range where the rifle would be more effective than the pistols in the game is just cancelled out. i've done better using a deagle over an AK or M4 a lot more times than I should have
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #1092
    March 2010
    903 Posts
    at the moment the deagle is more effective to run around with than any other gun, the pistol accuracy is better than rifles. especially since there's fog which limits your few, so the range where the rifle would be more effective than the pistols in the game is just cancelled out. i've done better using a deagle over an AK or M4 a lot more times than I should have
    Why do they have this fog (fog is okay, but only as an side-effect. It should NEVER actually CHANGE the way the game plays)? One of the (many) things that I like about CS:S is that I can actually SEE the AWPers sniping me or the terrorists rushing, as there are very few detail-covers like on BF3 (bushes etc.) and no [major] fog. WHY VALVE?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

13. Post #1093
    sup, it's FoxPie
    June 2008
    3,529 Posts
    the fog is so bad right now that it's all close quarters, even if there's a long walkway someone can look down it's still going to be a close quarters battle because you can't see halfway down that walkway. the only way AWPs are affective is if someone is a good twitch shot or something of the sort, actually using it to snipe isn't possible

Edited:

for example, on de_train, the catwalk that overlooks the B bombsite just by the CT spawn. if you're standing at one end of the catwalk, you can't see someone standing at the other end of it because of the fog
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

14. Post #1094
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,831 Posts
    Did some snooping through the files.
    Apparently it IS built on the L4D branch of Source.
    I was seriously under the impression that it was portal 2/dota 2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Friendly Friendly x 1Late Late x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

15. Post #1095
    May 2011
    499 Posts
    I also did some snooping through the files and realized I could use the old TF2 method of removing bullet impact particles in CSGO. Drop this into your /csgo/scripts folder.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

16. Post #1096
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,150 Posts
    I also did some snooping through the files and realized I could use the old TF2 method of removing bullet impact particles in CSGO. Drop this into your /csgo/scripts folder.
    And so was a +2 fps boost gained, and everyone lived happily in the server.

The end.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

17. Post #1097
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    5,467 Posts
    Gamestartup music.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Winner Winner x 7Artistic Artistic x 1 (list)

18. Post #1098
    June 2008
    4,658 Posts
    Gamestartup music.
    I want the CS:CZ start up music to make a return.
    But maybe revamped or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 12Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #1099
    March 2010
    903 Posts
    Oh the memories................
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

20. Post #1100
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,982 Posts
    That's some awesome music
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #1101
    August 2008
    2,673 Posts
    Dunno 'bout you guys, but I want the CS:S music back.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 11 (list)

22. Post #1102
    July 2009
    2,629 Posts
    Dunno 'bout you guys, but I want the CS:S music back.
    There is no music what so ever in CS:S.

Edited:

Definitely, and this too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 12Dumb Dumb x 3Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #1103
    Why do I have to live with a cake roll in my arm? ;_;
    November 2009
    2,257 Posts
    There is no music what so ever in CS:S..
    I think he means the music like radio on cs_italy or the song by the closed double doors on A on de_dust.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

24. Post #1104
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,150 Posts
    There is no music what so ever in CS:S.
    With "I want CS: S's music back" he meant, that he doesn't want any music to cs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

25. Post #1105
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,285 Posts
    Apparently it IS built on the L4D branch of Source.
    i've been saying this ever since the first gameplay footage came out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

26. Post #1106
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    6,982 Posts
    and it uses a ton of l4d2 models
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #1107
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,285 Posts
    yea but a bunch of people were like, "NONONO IT'S BUILT ON THE LATEST PORTAL 2 ENGINE"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #1108
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,150 Posts
    and it uses a ton of l4d2 models
    CS: GO runs on S2009, because it has HL2 / CS: S models in it.

//derp
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #1109
    February 2010
    6,182 Posts
    I really like the gamestartup2.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

30. Post #1110
    March 2011
    1,556 Posts
    cool
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 2 (list)

31. Post #1111
    July 2010
    332 Posts
    I could probably have a go at remaking that :)

Gamestartup music.
    Actually really don't like no.1 or 3, but i love 2
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

32. Post #1112
    Gold Member
    November 2006
    1,150 Posts
    -snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

33. Post #1113
    July 2010
    420 Posts
    It is on the portal 2 engine.

The devs confirmed this in an interview.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

34. Post #1114
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,499 Posts
    I'm hoping we'll be able to use world portal entities in the CSGO sdk since it runs on P2's engine, to make maps with mindfuck layouts like 5D Space from Marathon.

rainbows
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

35. Post #1115
    February 2010
    6,182 Posts
    Zombie escape on a Portal 2 map in CS:GO?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Winner Winner x 8 (list)

36. Post #1116
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    I did the survey for CS:GO, hopefully I get in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

37. Post #1117
    I did the survey for CS:GO, hopefully I get in
    The nice thing is that the more you play, the more keys you get so you can give them to friends.
    Will be awesome.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

38. Post #1118
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,285 Posts
    The nice thing is that the more you play, the more keys you get so you can give them to friends.
    Will be awesome.
    except the problem with this is that the people on facepunch that do have keys don't play it enough.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2 (list)

39. Post #1119
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    I could tell from the first gameplay trailers that it was L4d2's branch, or at leats a mishmash.

The lighting, the FoV, the player movement all scream L4D.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

40. Post #1120
    I could tell from the first gameplay trailers that it was L4d2's branch, or at leats a mishmash.

The lighting, the FoV, the player movement all scream L4D.
    The lack of $detail on textures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)