1. Post #5721
    The Cold Wind Of France
    Dennab
    November 2008
    18,691 Posts
    I need to make a KF voice pack for those horribly-acted radio voices
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

2. Post #5722
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,513 Posts
    I'm going to miss all the giveaways since I'll be away when the keys come out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #5723
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,552 Posts
    It looks infinitely worse with it on.

When both fog and post processing are off it really sticks out the colors and makes it way easier to see.

This is it with it on, notice how foggy the ramp is and how all the colors seem to sorta blend in with each other in a greyish way

Then look at this with it off, shit sticks out more and easier on the eyes, its got more color and isnt all hazy and its much more clear, how cs should be, it should be easy on the eyes, not all hazy and foggy, thats just retarded.

Oh cool you used my examples.

While the game is defiantly sharper without post processing, removing PP is not the option. The blur effect was on other maps too but it was fixed, but aztec is still pretty blurry. As for the fog, it needs to be reduced, but not removed. Also, they changed a lot of textures and the post processing just a bit on the 4/27 update, so it looks very different now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #5724
    December 2009
    2,602 Posts
    I hope I can get a key this week, hopefully I can enjoy the game and port my map over and start testing it!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 5Optimistic Optimistic x 2 (list)

5. Post #5725
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    No I agree about that, the world models for all guns are awesome. They actually operate the slides and bolts and they can remove the mags. I've been waiting for that for years. I still don't like the first person anims though but that's all a matter of opinion I suppose.
    Sort of agree. Some animations are great, but others aren't.
    For example, all pistols have the same reload animations. Both bolt snipers have the same animations, and the 5.7 slide doesn't works.

And that pisses me off.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

6. Post #5726
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,311 Posts
    Update today. Gonna be awesome.

Hopefully.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

7. Post #5727
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    14,952 Posts
    Keys come out yet?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

8. Post #5728
    Gold Member
    November 2010
    1,348 Posts
    It looks infinitely worse with it on.

When both fog and post processing are off it really sticks out the colors and makes it way easier to see.

This is it with it on, notice how foggy the ramp is and how all the colors seem to sorta blend in with each other in a greyish way

Then look at this with it off, shit sticks out more and easier on the eyes, its got more color and isnt all hazy and its much more clear, how cs should be, it should be easy on the eyes, not all hazy and foggy, thats just retarded.

What command did you use to get the FPS and Ping to show down there?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Curacao Show Events

9. Post #5729
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,527 Posts
    What command did you use to get the FPS and Ping to show down there?
    I believe it's netgraph something

netgraph_log 1 or something
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

10. Post #5730
    March 2007
    259 Posts
    net_graph 1
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

11. Post #5731
    Gold Member
    February 2011
    6,779 Posts
    ZE maps are really good. Before, I'd play ZM all day, everyday, usually disliking ZE maps, but now I'm all about them. I can't seem to play ZM that much anymore because the maps are crap and its either way too human sided or way too zombie sided. With ZE, there's a perfect balance of running, hold off sections, and its just a lot better in general since its pretty linear too.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

12. Post #5732
    October 2008
    3,939 Posts
    Oh cool you used my examples.

While the game is defiantly sharper without post processing, removing PP is not the option. The blur effect was on other maps too but it was fixed, but aztec is still pretty blurry. As for the fog, it needs to be reduced, but not removed. Also, they changed a lot of textures and the post processing just a bit on the 4/27 update, so it looks very different now.
    Those are your examples? Do you mind telling me what your origins are set to, then?

13. Post #5733
    Titlepocalypse 2012 participant
    November 2010
    7,940 Posts
    Some kid told me off because I jumped in front of him. Then I had him thinking I was gonna shoot him and he said if I did he'd kill me.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7 (list)

14. Post #5734
    February 2010
    6,216 Posts
    Where is update???

15. Post #5735
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,704 Posts
    Where is update???
    The update has not been planted yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4Agree Agree x 2 (list)

16. Post #5736
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    So... Update?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #5737
    February 2010
    6,216 Posts
    I don't think there is one.

18. Post #5738
    December 2009
    2,602 Posts
    they said "Working on the update and keys. More info soon."
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Informative Informative x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #5739
    February 2010
    6,216 Posts
    Alright! Please, new maps or new factions.

20. Post #5740
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    5,516 Posts

Terrorists demand half life 3
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 22Winner Winner x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

21. Post #5741
    July 2010
    1,568 Posts
    Ah, Saturday. It's so beautiful and sunny outside, a day full of opportunity...

Time to camp at my computer trying to get a CSGO key.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

22. Post #5742
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,704 Posts
    But those are CTs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

23. Post #5743
    Ex-Least Respected Usergroup
    June 2007
    7,120 Posts
    But those are CTs.
    That's what they want you to think.

You people are sheep!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

24. Post #5744
    RAIN BOW DASH IS TEH BEST PONY! SWAG!
    November 2010
    1,600 Posts

Terrorists demand half life 3
    now you did this I think how awesome would be a Valve's office map
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Brazil Show Events Agree Agree x 12 (list)

25. Post #5745
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    4,229 Posts
    What are the chances of getting a beta key? I've been waiting for months, nothing yet...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 2Funny Funny x 1 (list)

26. Post #5746
    December 2009
    2,602 Posts
    What are the chances of getting a beta key? I've been waiting for months, nothing yet...
    1 in 10,000

Edited:

Update is out!

http://blog.counter-strike.net/index...ay-4th-update/

SDK was also released along with it.

Full update list
    Code:
    Gameplay:
     Added Classic Casual to the Find a Game options.
     Increased running inaccuracy of rifles and snipers. Lowered recoil of negev, lowered standing inaccuracy for negev. improved famas secondary burst grouping, increased ak47 recoil
     Added money bonus to knife kills.
     Bot difficulty tuned.
     Removed the grace period for defusing the bomb as it allows to many hard-to-fix exploits.
     Fixed elite cycle time to be the same as CSS

UI:
     Update to the Main Menu screen:
     - Rank medals earned by the player will now be displayed underneath their name.
     Play menu screen updates:
     - Updates to win panel for Arms Race including: improvements to displaying the winner, animated elements, and progression icons.
     Fixed demo playback loading screen problem.
     Fixed placeholder elements on generic loading screen.
     Added timer to continue loading screen.
     Fixed assists in death messages showing up in modes other than "Classic".
     Fixed the "Next Weapon" panels not displaying properly in Arms Race before you got your first kill.
     Fixed alert text popping (position/opacity) behind the Exclamation Point graphic when the animation first comes up when the buy time has expired.
     Condensed spectator panel to minimize overlap with other hud elements.
     Removed old green tint from radar directional arrow and ring to match current HUD gray color scheme.
     Win panel can now show progress made towards stat based achievements completed that round.
     Fixed Demolition mode next weapon icons being incorrect.
     Added missing outline on incendiary grenade icon.
     When using a gamepad, the left and right shoulder button glyphs will gray out when there is no one left to spectate.
     Fix for the gun icons being too big and cutoff.

Maps:
     Added Nuke SE
     Added Inferno SE
     Dust SE
     - Added overviews for radar
     Aztec SE
     - Added overviews for radar
     Dust
     - Adjusted size of buy zones for both CT and T's.
     Shorttrain
     - Updated radar overhead map: Removed corner sections, towers, and yellow "garbage" can from bomb planting zone.
     Train
     - Increased accuracy of bomb and buy zone graphical indicators on radar image.
     Inferno
     - Updated size and location of buy and spawns zone graphics.
     St Marc
     - Rescaled radar overhead map and angled the bomb zone graphic to match the actual angle of the zone.
     - Adjusted color-correction settings.
     Safehouse
     - Adjusted color correction settings.
     - Adjusted radar image scale and position.
     Italy
     - Adjusted buy and spawn zone graphics for CT's and T's.
     - Fixed extra-large and bright light coronas in hostage area and Wine Cellar.
     - Fixed a tree at Right Alley
     - Made a slew of accessible areas inaccessible. Thank you, Maiho for identifying these.
     Aztec
     - Updated buy and spawn zone graphics on radar image.
     Dust 2
     - Expanded and moved both the CT a T buy and spawn zones in radar image.
     Bank
     - Increased active game area border line weight from 1 to 2 pixels in radar.
     - Fixed stretching polygons on the door frame at Gas Station.
     - Fixed the door model at Market.
     Nuke
     - Adjusted spawn and buy zone graphic indicators on radar image.
     Baggage
     - Readjusted color-correction settings.
     Lake
     - Increased active game area border line weight from 1 to 2 pixels in radar.
     Sugarcane
     - Updated color-correction settings.
     Office
     - Adjusted buy and spawn zone graphics for CT's and T's.
     - Fixed a bug where the slideshow projection would sometimes show up on the wall behind the projector wall.

Audio:
     Dsp removed from all third person footsteps and gunshots to increase directionality. In turn removed audio quality option which was mainly responsible for determining dsp level. 
     Moved the distance at which weapon shots cross fade to their "distant" version further away from the player to aid in identification of weapons being used during the round.
     Third person weapon shot volume raised to aid in the identification of weapons being used during the round.

Bug Fixes:
     Fix for getting the golden knife too early in Arms Race.
     Fix for incorrectly retaining the gold knife on respawn after a suicide, team change, or killed by enemy knife.
     Regenerate the recoil tables at game mode/type start; this allows the tables to incorporate parameters from loaded convars.
     We now remove the golden knife from the player if they had it and lost a level in Arms Race.
     Fixed a bug with the HUD where the round timer stops with 0:01 left if the round ends by timeout.
     Fix for knife spawning in on the ground with you if you end the round without your secondary weapon (pistol).
     Fix for single hostage shooting penalty getting counted multiple times.
     Spectators are no longer allowed to vote.
     Fixed view model hitching after a full network update. 
     Fixed a crash pertaining to death notifications.
     Fixed an assert that would happen every time a player opened a prop_dynamic door.
     Fixed potential crash in FAMAS and Glock when firing remaining burst shots when the PlayerOwner owner no longer exists. 
     Fixed flash bangs showing through doors.
     Fix for losing mouse focus when directly connecting to a server.
     Fix for crash when running a dedicated server under specific linux versions/distrubutions.
     Fix for instances of "Round draw" voice over playing between matches.
     Fixed some ducking pops that would happen when toggling duck during ducking / unducking.

Miscellaneous:
     First round of mostly PC specific CSM optimizations that improve perf. on all CSM quality levels:
     - Optimized the core CSM shader to use fewer ALU instructions (VERY_LOW/LOW=21% faster, MEDIUM quality level=10% faster, HIGH=8% faster).
     - Coaxed the HLSL compiler to [flatten] several important conditionals it was sometimes issuing dynamic jumps for.
     - The VERY_LOW and LOW quality levels use a single 3D radial lerp vs. the previous 2D+3D lerp
     - VERY_LOW/LOW only use 2 world cascades vs. the previous 3. At VERY_LOW/LOW quality levels only vertexlit and phong where actually using the closest cascade (for better character self shadowing), so world shadow quality is mostly unaffected by this change.
     - Also adding a bunch of CSM culling statistics (displayed at the bottom of the screen when cl_csm_debug_2d is 1).
     - dust2 timedemo avg. FPS results on a NV 6800/Core2 2.4 GHz at VERY_LOW improved by 13% (higher quality settings also see an improvement).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 6Winner Winner x 4 (list)

27. Post #5747
    February 2010
    6,216 Posts
    Awesome update, but why isn't it downloading for me?

28. Post #5748
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,828 Posts
    By update being out, does that include keys?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #5749
    Positive energy is space expanding, negative energy is space contracting. Or reverse?
    July 2005
    6,483 Posts
    Only new se maps :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events

30. Post #5750
    Sometimes i fall down :(
    July 2008
    3,204 Posts
    update includes sdk, woop.
    But it's not downloading for me

31. Post #5751
    August 2011
    461 Posts
    It decided to start downloading while I was trying to load a video.

I restarted my internet twice from the severe fucking lag, come back,

AGHH

32. Post #5752
    The Revelation
    July 2011
    2,923 Posts
    -CT snip-
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events

33. Post #5753
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    *connections getting slower*

"Weee! GO update!"
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events

34. Post #5754
    I bought this title for 1 dollar
    April 2009
    8,513 Posts
    Didn't get in. Time to just hope I win a giveaway.

35. Post #5755
    December 2009
    2,602 Posts
    Didn't get in. Time to just hope I win a giveaway.
    I have a feeling the update hasnt actually been released yet.

36. Post #5756
    The Revelation
    July 2011
    2,923 Posts
    Aha, fuck me i didnt get in either. Thats it, i give up on this beta.
        Because keys were sent to people right?    
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Italy Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

37. Post #5757
    June 2007
    7,120 Posts
    Fog and post processing still in will not play, worthless update

-SPUF
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

38. Post #5758
    Positive energy is space expanding, negative energy is space contracting. Or reverse?
    July 2005
    6,483 Posts
    Where the hell is the SDK? Nothing under Tools :(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Denmark Show Events Agree Agree x 2Useful Useful x 1 (list)

39. Post #5759
    June 2007
    7,120 Posts
    Where the hell is the SDK? Nothing under Tools :(
    I'm just assuming they're doing it a little late, a staggered release between update and SDK by a few minutes .
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

40. Post #5760
    December 2009
    2,602 Posts
    I dont think anyones game update? Also, still didnt get in
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)