1. Post #4081
    I'd be lost in this world without my Hatsune Miku ^__^
    July 2007
    8,189 Posts
    Still waiting on that public beta or the off chance I get a key. You'd think with 900 hours of CS:S, I'd have a shot.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

2. Post #4082
    September 2009
    7,267 Posts
    Still waiting on that public beta or the off chance I get a key. You'd think with 900 hours of CS:S, I'd have a shot.
    There's probably over half of Steam itself having applied for the closed beta, along with multikeys and key sellers, and a priority on those who took the survey first rather than actual playtime. If you get a key, you're damn lucky in this case.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #4083
    Gold Member
    December 2008
    3,519 Posts
    I have like less than an hour and I got a key a while ago.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

4. Post #4084
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,853 Posts
    This argument would probably be more convincing if it showed footage of actual auto-aim or aim assist instead of just a weapon with wide bullet spread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3Agree Agree x 3Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #4085
    November 2009
    3,625 Posts
    I've officially given up all hope of getting a key.

Will look forward to the actual release.
    I'll never give up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree x 5Funny x 1Winner x 1Optimistic x 1Friendly x 1 (list)

6. Post #4086
    Ex-Least Respected Usergroup
    June 2007
    7,120 Posts
    I've officially given up all hope of getting a key.

Will look forward to the actual release.
    Why?

It's only been a month and a half since the survey started, and you're complaining because you've had to wait that long?

I had the key back in September but had to have it sat there in my steam library unable to be played for 2 and a half months. Couldn't install nothing. Plus for the DotA 2 signup, I signed up on the first day of the survey, I only got in on March the 6th so just wait and stop being so impatient.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United Kingdom Show Events

7. Post #4087
    June 2011
    8,762 Posts
    Stop getting so pissy over the CS:GO beta, it's not that great, for fucks sake you guys are getting way too excited over something that's just CSS with a handful of new weapons and fancy shadows.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 25Agree Agree x 2 (list)

8. Post #4088
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    Stop getting so pissy over the CS:GO beta, it's not that great, for fucks sake you guys are getting way too excited over something that's just CSS with a handful of new weapons and fancy shadows.
    You do realize some of us have been waiting for another CS after CS:S was released, and now that we have that, we are getting pissy because we don't get to play it
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

9. Post #4089
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,853 Posts
    It's okay to get pissy, that's only natural.
    Just please stop being pissy in this thread.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9 (list)

10. Post #4090
    July 2009
    6,020 Posts
    I pray I get a key. That's all I really can do.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

11. Post #4091
    February 2011
    4,030 Posts
    You shouldn't expect just cause you have alot of hours in CS:S, you would get a key faster then everyone else. I know this because I have 1600 hours and I agee with Rikoh, they would give priority to people who took the survey first and what they happened to fill out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

12. Post #4092
    December 2009
    8,793 Posts
    This argument would probably be more convincing if it showed footage of actual auto-aim or aim assist instead of just a weapon with wide bullet spread.
    It adds giant hitboxes to the zombies, how can you possibly not see that?

Edited:

So it's like it is now, only without variable speed?
    No. When you move the thumbstick 5mm to the left, the camera wouldn't keep on moving to the left, just what 5mm would amount to on onscreen movement. The normal joystick behavior would reappear 1/2 to the edge of the joystick.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

13. Post #4093

August 2011
    13 Posts
    Yay! I just got my letter from Mary with the CS:GO card! Im starting to download the game. World wont see me for couple of months
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Winner Winner x 10 (list)

14. Post #4094
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,853 Posts
    It adds giant hitboxes to the zombies, how can you possibly not see that?
    How is this auto-aim? Sounds like they're playing on easy or something.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

15. Post #4095
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,552 Posts
    How is this auto-aim? Sounds like they're playing on easy or something.
    Not auto aim, aim assist. It assists aiming by having gigantic hit-boxes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

16. Post #4096
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,853 Posts
    Like CS:S, got it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

17. Post #4097
    June 2011
    2,962 Posts
    I've played about 10 rounds in Arm Race, but it's always changing the maps between Shoots and Baggage. Aren't there any more?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

18. Post #4098
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,853 Posts
    The answer is either "No" or "Not yet". I can't remember.

19. Post #4099

January 2012
    83 Posts
    No?
    There is no difference.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

20. Post #4100
    July 2010
    3,882 Posts
    There's probably over half of Steam itself having applied for the closed beta, along with multikeys and key sellers, and a priority on those who took the survey first rather than actual playtime. If you get a key, you're damn lucky in this case.
    I did the servey almost instantly after it went up and 170 hours. pretty sure its almost 100% random.

21. Post #4101
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,552 Posts
    Like CS:S, got it.
    Not really, CS:S had big hitboxes, but they weren't gigantic like in that l4d2 video.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

22. Post #4102
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,969 Posts
    Uh it will be the first Valve game I care about since like 2007 so yes it is a big deal.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

23. Post #4103
    Gold Member
    October 2010
    5,120 Posts
    I have been browsing the thread for abit, I am pretty sure someone posted some L4D2 comparsion with CS:GO, if so, could someone link me to the part or quote it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

24. Post #4104
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,552 Posts
    Aw shit guys this patch is gonna be good
    https://twitter.com/#!/csgo_dev/stat...25266784735232

This+MP5 most likely being added+more stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Late Late x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

25. Post #4105
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,853 Posts
    FINALLY A SERVER BROWSER
    Jebus Cripes, it's happening.

I had no problem with the matchmaking, but this will guarantee i'll never get matched up with bots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1Zing Zing x 1 (list)

26. Post #4106
    Gold Member
    December 2007
    1,253 Posts
    I'm excited to finally choose what map I want to play.
    Feel like Aztec? too bad your playing every other map.
    Or it finds you your map by coincidence however your team your forced into due to a full other team is terrible.

So
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

27. Post #4107
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,853 Posts
    Maybe this'll also allow people to join your created games too.

28. Post #4108
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    3,841 Posts
    Maybe now I can now play with different people, seriously ever time I joined a server it would be with the same people I played with another day or earlier that day. It felt like me and these other players were all trapped in this box and forced to play with each other forever god its horrible
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 7Agree Agree x 1 (list)

29. Post #4109
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,552 Posts
    Hopefully the testing goes nice and easy so the update comes out tomorrow or Friday (maybe even late tonight )
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

30. Post #4110
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,853 Posts
    I wanna play 16v16 really bad.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #4111
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    4,149 Posts
    Yay! I just got my letter from Mary with the CS:GO card! Im starting to download the game. World wont see me for couple of months
    Tell me what was the email that you sent her I'm tempted to try and ask her but I don't know what to say.

32. Post #4112
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,853 Posts
    Tell me what was the email that you sent her I'm tempted to try and ask her but I don't know what to say.
    Use puppy dog eyes in text form.

33. Post #4113
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,552 Posts
    Screen shake being added (and maybe recoil changes too) next patch!

https://twitter.com/#!/csgo_dev/stat...44551540211712
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

34. Post #4114
    February 2010
    6,216 Posts
    I hope they don't add strawberry jam blood.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

35. Post #4115
    February 2010
    5,475 Posts
    Anyone want to trade an extra beta for a Super Monday Night Combat beta?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #4116
    July 2010
    1,568 Posts
    I say this on behalf of everyone, ever: No.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Agree Agree x 7Funny Funny x 1 (list)

37. Post #4117
    Sphene
    September 2010
    10,853 Posts
    I hope they don't add strawberry jam blood.
    I wouldn't mind a neat reddish vignette like Tribes has, obviously togglable.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #4118
    July 2010
    3,882 Posts
    make serious sam like blood and gibs.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #4119
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,977 Posts
    Everyone and their dog has four of those.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #4120
    June 2011
    2,962 Posts
    Maybe now I can now play with different people, seriously ever time I joined a server it would be with the same people I played with another day or earlier that day. It felt like me and these other players were all trapped in this box and forced to play with each other forever god its horrible
    Happens to me as well.