1. Post #7401
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,391 Posts

A middle eastern house I made to test the CS:GO SDK.
    Here's a tip to get nice domes, a better method than using the Sphere brush tool: make a block brush, turn it into displacements, and click subdivide. Bam! Insta-sphere/dome.

Oh hey pageking, here's some content: a repost of a video of my map (vid is darker than ingame, mind you):

Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Artistic Artistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

2. Post #7402
    "Suicidal thoughts? Depression?  Harden the fuck up." -uzikus
    February 2010
    1,757 Posts
    I'm pretty sure Valve is going to change decals if they change the CT faction. Although Spetznaz vs Phoenix (Russians too) would fit the Train greatly with the current decals.

I tried translating stuff a couple of times but gee, sometimes they use untranslatable words and you have to make up your own stuff without knowing the subject at all.
    What do you mean? Strings or decals?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

3. Post #7403
    October 2010
    740 Posts
    Somebody go remake a map from SWAT 4.
    I am already working on that for a month now, but since I'm still waiting for my beta key, It's nothing but a dev map at the moment.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Slovenia Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #7404
    Gold Member
    August 2010
    25 Posts
    Do you guys think this game will take over the esport scene?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Sweden Show Events Disagree Disagree x 3 (list)

5. Post #7405
    I may have a BIG dick but that doesn't mean I deserve a BIG title
    December 2009
    5,439 Posts
    What do you mean? Strings or decals?
    Huh? I was translating some stuff for the steam store, unfortunately. Don't know how to do it for other games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events

6. Post #7406
    Gold Member
    April 2007
    9,542 Posts
    A lot of text there is written in russian, I even send this picture a long ago to the devs but I don't think they've fixed it.
    Well, a while back i read somewhere that all the arabic stuff in dust is just gibberish so i don't think they really care about the wall written stuff.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

7. Post #7407
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    March 2005
    7,463 Posts
    this has probably been asked a thousand times but what are the system requirements? i could run portal 2 pretty well.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #7408
    December 2009
    5,439 Posts
    this has probably been asked a thousand times but what are the system requirements? i could run portal 2 pretty well.
    Then you'll be able to run cs:go with no problems.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

9. Post #7409
    February 2010
    1,757 Posts
    Game isn't very optimized at this point, so worse computers (such as mine) can expect fps drops.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

10. Post #7410
    December 2009
    5,439 Posts
    Game isn't very optimized at this point, so worse computers (such as mine) can expect fps drops.
    I've heard people say that it runs perfectly on their old PCs, guess it depends on the specific things.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Russian Federation Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

11. Post #7411
    February 2010
    1,757 Posts
    I've heard people say that it runs perfectly on their old PCs, guess it depends on the specific things.
    It depends on what you have selected in the video menu obviously. For me, after some updates game worked perfectly on high settings (when we could only play Inferno 24/7), but sometimes it was a nightmare to play on (last year's stress test)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

12. Post #7412
    July 2010
    37 Posts
    Do de_ maps seem a bit... silly to anyone else? You want to stop the terrorists from planting the bomb, but the bomb never seems to be placed near anything valuable. Quite often it is in a wide-open space, and even when it explodes there isn't any environmental damage.

Unlike in hostage maps, where hostages themselves are worthy of the battle.

Maybe I should just have fun with the game.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

13. Post #7413
    Gold Member
    January 2006
    3,072 Posts
    For character selection they could just allow you to choose the different skins that correspond to the maps.
    But honestly I think we should be allowed to choose whatever skin we want on any map, it's not CS if you don't see a terrorist running around a dessert map with snow camo.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Ireland Show Events Agree Agree x 7Disagree Disagree x 6 (list)

14. Post #7414
    February 2010
    1,757 Posts
    Do de_ maps seem a bit... silly to anyone else? You want to stop the terrorists from planting the bomb, but the bomb never seems to be placed near anything valuable. Quite often it is in a wide-open space, and even when it explodes there isn't any environmental damage.
    Most of the bomb sites revolve around ammo dumps, crates with weapons (possibly), important ruins and nuclear reactors/waste. Isn't that good enough?

It doesn't make sense on some maps, because then the CTs would rather have to destroy those ammo dumps on both Dusts Unless the weapons belong to the CT.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

15. Post #7415
    The Cold Wind Of France
    November 2008
    18,226 Posts

Unlike in hostage maps, where hostages themselves are worthy of the battle.

Maybe I should just have fun with the game.
    I have to say it kinda blows (har har har) that you don't see any kind of environmental damage when the bomb blows, like TF2 does with Payload maps. Maybe they're saving that up for release though!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 8Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

16. Post #7416
    October 2010
    11,742 Posts
    I have to say it kinda blows (har har har) that you don't see any kind of environmental damage when the bomb blows, like TF2 does with Payload maps. Maybe they're saving that up for release though!
    I'm hoping for the same, I'd love to see some buildings destroyed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 5 (list)

17. Post #7417
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    3,787 Posts
    Then you'll be able to run cs:go with no problems.
    I can max out Portal 2 with a really good framerate, but CS:GO runs like shit on the lowest settings.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 New Zealand Show Events Informative Informative x 2 (list)

18. Post #7418
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    1,339 Posts
    I can max out Portal 2 with a really good framerate, but CS:GO runs like shit on the lowest settings.
    That's funny because it's almost the opposite for me. Portal 2 for some reason had lag issues and I run CS:GO maxed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Zing Zing x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

19. Post #7419
    October 2010
    11,742 Posts
    It's in a beta so Valve obviously hasn't gotten a huge amount of time to optimize it. I'm sure on release or at least in updates after it Valve will patch it like they do other games.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Optimistic Optimistic x 1 (list)

20. Post #7420
    November 2007
    744 Posts
    I think you all don't understand how optimization works. You don't just go optimize your game once it's done, It's something you do when you are implementing something in the engine. There is no reason they go and optimize the engine later, unless they are implementing a better way of doing something (which can happen, but it's not really common).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Belgium Show Events Agree x 2Dumb x 2Zing x 1Disagree x 1Winner x 1Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #7421
    July 2010
    402 Posts
    https://twitter.com/csgo_dev/status/206185282574356480

Optimization comes in the final stages... so hang in there, it will get better.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 7Winner Winner x 2Funny Funny x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

22. Post #7422
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 7Informative Informative x 1Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #7423
    July 2009
    2,424 Posts
    Is it using the same engine as CS:S?

I sometimes have issues with non-valve games, as valve games usually run smoother than non-valve fps.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 3 (list)

24. Post #7424
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,681 Posts
    Is it using the same engine as CS:S?

I sometimes have issues with non-valve games, as valve games usually run smoother than non-valve fps.
    It's running on the Portal 2 iteration of Source.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

25. Post #7425
    Gold Member
    November 2009
    6,040 Posts
    It's running on the Portal 2 iteration of Source.
    Nope. It's using the Portal 2 iteration with improvements.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Zing Zing x 1 (list)

26. Post #7426
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,391 Posts
    I just want world portal entities in the SDK... :'(
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #7427
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,681 Posts
    Nope. It's using the Portal 2 iteration with improvements.
    Well, of course. I didn't think the latter part needed to be specified.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

28. Post #7428
    August 2011
    608 Posts
    Do you guys think this game will take over the esport scene?
    Hell no, I hope not.

I remember what some pro- gamers said after playing this game: both bad and good opinions on the game...

But this game is "crapolla" for esports, imho, unless the game is majorly tweaked and improved for such options.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

29. Post #7429
    Gold Member
    April 2006
    755 Posts
    Are you sure? Look at the helmet

Compare this:

To these:

Just want to quote this post, as I was hanging out with some old good friends recently, one of who will be active Army soon enough. All of them were gear freaks, however. The helmet, multicams, Army unit patch, most of their gear basically told these friends they're 100% Delta operators. And having some experience with the gear myself, it's definitely an Army getup.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

30. Post #7430
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,681 Posts
    And they have black helmets now, too, which Delta operators use, from what I've heard.

Do SEALS wear similar outfits? As the guys you've posted as supposed to be ST6 operators.

31. Post #7431
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,051 Posts
    I wonder if someone will ever make a de map where the CTs are the attacking team and the terrorists are the defenders.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

32. Post #7432
    February 2010
    1,757 Posts

Funny thing about that picture - the CT is holding Galil AR with a scope. Current model doesn't have one, but it still exists on the killfeed icon.

33. Post #7433
    December 2009
    8,712 Posts
    Red dot sight =/= scope.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 9 (list)

34. Post #7434
    June 2011
    36 Posts
    Cs Go looks pretty damn awesome :D
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac Sweden Show Events Agree Agree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

35. Post #7435
    OFFICIAL DEAN of MAX PAYNE
    Dennab
    July 2009
    9,002 Posts
    I am already working on that for a month now, but since I'm still waiting for my beta key, It's nothing but a dev map at the moment.
    Which one are you remaking? Can I see?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

36. Post #7436
    July 2012
    3 Posts
    Are they still giving out keys for this game?

37. Post #7437
    October 2010
    11,742 Posts
    And they have black helmets now, too, which Delta operators use, from what I've heard.

Do SEALS wear similar outfits? As the guys you've posted as supposed to be ST6 operators.
    Valve has apparently been referring to them as ST6 and to be honest I'd imagine most of us don't have the military expertise needed to realize their uniforms don't fit it

38. Post #7438
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,529 Posts
    For fucks sake. still no key here...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events Agree Agree x 7Winner Winner x 3Friendly Friendly x 3Funny Funny x 1 (list)

39. Post #7439
    February 2010
    1,757 Posts
    Red dot sight =/= scope.
    Yeah yeah. You're right. I'm not really a gun nut.

40. Post #7440
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    Goddamnit no updates at all for so long...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Agree Agree x 5Zing Zing x 1Funny Funny x 1 (list)