1. Post #7441
    November 2007
    296 Posts
    Just got my invite, I wasn't really expecting it to come at 1AM.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

2. Post #7442
    September 2010
    561 Posts
    Yes! Got an invite!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

3. Post #7443
    August 2011
    628 Posts
    Got an invite on three accounts already.

Seems like this night was a torrent of invites being sent out.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

4. Post #7444
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,813 Posts
    Yeah I got an invite and I did the survey on a mac

Looks like everyone is getting an invite today.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

5. Post #7445
    November 2009
    3,625 Posts
    Another useless no bug fix update, terrific.

6. Post #7446
    September 2011
    1,708 Posts
    aww yeha i'm finally in.

Time to play this like crazy    but mostly use it for the modle viewer for DOTA2 Models.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

7. Post #7447
    Gold Member
    September 2010
    7,941 Posts
       but mostly use it for the modle viewer for DOTA2 Models.   
       you can use alien swarm sdk for that   

Also; I finally got in. And even got a key to give to my friend.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Finland Show Events

8. Post #7448
    Michael Bay Christus
    October 2010
    7,817 Posts
    Yeah I got an invite and I did the survey on a mac

Looks like everyone is getting an invite today.
    Not me.

I never get invited to anything...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10Winner Winner x 2Friendly Friendly x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

9. Post #7449
    Blue Member?
    October 2010
    7,619 Posts
    did they hand out more keys this friday?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

10. Post #7450
    April 2009
    516 Posts
    did they hand out more keys this friday?
    Yeah they did.

I was about to play BC2 when Steam told me "Hey, check your inventory!" It showed the CS:GO pic and I got all excited! And then it only showed mt RO2 passes.

Now I just logged on and now I have the beta! I didn't plan on sleeping tonight anyway...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #7451
    Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!
    April 2006
    16,017 Posts
    is there a webadmin for scrds?

12. Post #7452
    Gold Member
    August 2005
    3,914 Posts
    A friend of mine gave me his spare invite. Been playin mostly Arms Race to get a feel for the guns.

The only thing I don't like so far is how all the guns sound so similar.

13. Post #7453
    Gold Member
    July 2011
    1,698 Posts
    A friend of mine gave me his spare invite. Been playin mostly Arms Race to get a feel for the guns.

The only thing I don't like so far is how all the guns sound so similar.
    Over time, you should be able to figure out which gun is firing, at least at short- to mid-range.

14. Post #7454
    I can buy a title to replace to the one someone bought me
    December 2007
    4,073 Posts
    I got an extra invite. Draw me a nice drawing and it's yours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events

15. Post #7455
    June 2009
    3,288 Posts
    Aren't animations supposed to improve with sequels, instead of being degraded into the stiff, uncomfortable garbage ala L4D and L4D2?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Zing Zing x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #7456
    July 2010
    6,696 Posts
    Aren't animations supposed to improve with sequels, instead of being degraded into the stiff, uncomfortable garbage ala L4D and L4D2?
    what are you talking about
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

17. Post #7457
    June 2009
    3,288 Posts
    what are you talking about
    I'm saying that CSS' animations are much smoother.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Disagree Disagree x 5Dumb Dumb x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

18. Post #7458
    open.gl
    February 2007
    7,431 Posts
    There are so many people online who don't look at their radar. I keep getting shot by team mates who jump out of corners.

Also, I like it when people walk to lower the sound of their footsteps, but then continuously switch their weapons.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 10 (list)

19. Post #7459
    Gold Member
    October 2007
    6,821 Posts
    My only problem with the animations are that the pistol reloads are all the same.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Zing Zing x 2 (list)

20. Post #7460
    October 2010
    11,808 Posts
    I'm still absolutely outraged by the lack of a deagle flip
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 10 (list)

21. Post #7461
    May 2011
    1,881 Posts
    I just got into the beta, which is odd because i don't remember signing up for it at all.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

22. Post #7462
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    My only problem with the animations are that the pistol reloads are all the same.
    Pistol reloads are all the same.
    Pistol draw animations are all the same.
    FiveSeven's slide doesn't works when you fire it.
    Pistol recoil animations are a lie (the fucking desert eagle seems to have less recoil than the Glock even)

There might be more things which I can't remember.
    Animations in GO are a bit... weird... They lack the "ZING" and the "impact". They seem a bit slow.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

23. Post #7463
    The Cold Wind Of France
    November 2008
    18,689 Posts
    Pistol reloads are all the same.
    Pistol draw animations are all the same.
    FiveSeven's slide doesn't works when you fire it.
    Pistol recoil animations are a lie (the fucking desert eagle seems to have less recoil than the Glock even)

There might be more things which I can't remember.
    Animations in GO are a bit... weird... They lack the "ZING" and the "impact". They seem a bit slow.
    Take it from someone who animates on a daily basis: CSGO's anims are much more lifelike than CSS's (of which the lack of variety in speed of motion gives it a very robotic look).

The pistol anims being shared among all the pistols kinda sucks (it's probably done for a technical reason), but saying that Source's anims are better than Global Offensive's makes me worry for the eyesight of the people holding that claim up.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Agree Agree x 5Funny Funny x 1Useful Useful x 1 (list)

24. Post #7464
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    2,637 Posts
    So I just got into the beta today and I also received an extra gift invite that I don't need. Shoot me a PM if you really want to get in!

edit: already given it out, move along
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Slovenia Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

25. Post #7465
    October 2010
    747 Posts
    Which one are you remaking? Can I see?
    I'm making the Qwik Fuel Convenience Store. I'll post a screen shot as soon as I get all the geometry right.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovenia Show Events

26. Post #7466
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    Take it from someone who animates on a daily basis: CSGO's anims are much more lifelike than CSS's (of which the lack of variety in speed of motion gives it a very robotic look).

The pistol anims being shared among all the pistols kinda sucks (it's probably done for a technical reason), but saying that Source's anims are better than Global Offensive's makes me worry for the eyesight of the people holding that claim up.
    I'm not saying they aren't. They just look unattractive and somewhat lazy. Not in the sense of how well they are made, but on how they are. I'm not saying they are better, I'm saying they are somewhat boring and don't give you the correct feel of the weapon. They don't feel responsive.

Look at the desert eagle in Source. It almost flies backwards and that reflects itself on its spread.
    The desert eagle in GO seems like it has the same recoil as the Glock in Source. It gives you the wrong assumption of how firing spreads the bullets, and makes it dull as hell. Kinda like those F2P games that have awful animations that almost look like they don't have animations at all.
    I'm not saying they are bad. I'm saying they are boring and feel as if they were unresponsive.

All the pistols having the same reloads makes it even worse. Makes it feel like those tactical shooters where the reloads are basically all the same for each type of weapon.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

27. Post #7467
    October 2010
    747 Posts
    I got an extra invite. Draw me a nice drawing and it's yours.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Slovenia Show Events Optimistic Optimistic x 4Funny Funny x 1 (list)

28. Post #7468
    I can buy a title to replace to the one someone bought me
    December 2007
    4,073 Posts
    Added you on Steam. Enjoy your CS:GO, buddy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Norway Show Events Friendly Friendly x 5 (list)

29. Post #7469
    October 2010
    11,808 Posts
    If there's any weapons where I don't like the animations it's got to be the firing animations for the dual elites
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

30. Post #7470
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    3,355 Posts
    How come this still has no climb animations?! Its hilarious when you see people walking up ladders in 2012.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Agree Agree x 3Funny Funny x 3Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

31. Post #7471
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    4,495 Posts
    How come this still has no climb animations?! Its hilarious when you see people walking up ladders in 2012.
    Presumably because of difficulty combining climbing and aiming/shooting animations, since you can somehow climb ladders with both hands on your gun.

Just like Gordon Freeman!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Netherlands Show Events

32. Post #7472
    The Cold Wind Of France
    November 2008
    18,689 Posts
    Gordon Freeman has been able to climb ladders with feet telekinesis since 1996.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 France Show Events Funny Funny x 5 (list)

33. Post #7473
    June 2012
    2,150 Posts
    Gordon Freeman has been able to climb ladders with feet telekinesis since 1996.
    I do actually wonder if that was in his job application at Black Mesa.
    On the other hands, many other scientists have the survival instincts of frogs.........
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

34. Post #7474
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    6,813 Posts
    Presumably because of difficulty combining climbing and aiming/shooting animations, since you can somehow climb ladders with both hands on your gun.

Just like Gordon Freeman!
    But how amazing would it be to see a terrorist climb up a ladder with one hand while firing an AK47 with pinpoint accuracy with the other.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #7475
    "Suicidal thoughts? Depression?  Harden the fuck up." -uzikus
    February 2010
    1,791 Posts
    No guns on ladders would really be a problem, because the guy climbing wouldn't have any chance to shoot back (if he was quick enough to react).
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Poland Show Events

36. Post #7476
    Gold Member
    September 2006
    3,615 Posts
    Anyone have an extra key left for me? :(

can give you something from my inventory for it, but no tf2 WEAPONS (hats, sure):
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/camp0r182
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Belgium Show Events

37. Post #7477
    October 2010
    11,808 Posts
    I'm fine with it, not being able to fire on ladders would be worse in my opinion
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

38. Post #7478
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2005
    12,791 Posts
    I'm fine with it, not being able to fire on ladders would be worse in my opinion
    This.
    Don't make things complicated and too different.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Portugal Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

39. Post #7479
    May 2008
    1,119 Posts
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/trueimpassibility

guises i need a betakey for csgo. please?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Disagree Disagree x 6Funny Funny x 1 (list)

40. Post #7480
    June 2011
    579 Posts
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/trueimpassibility

guises i need a betakey for csgo. please?
    You can wait for it like the rest of us did and stop begging. Also, who taught you spelling and grammar?

Because they suck.   
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)