1. Post #3121
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,552 Posts
    It's just reskinned at the moment. I'm really hoping they redo it like they did with de_dust 2
    You could probably call de_dust 2 a reskin too, seeing how it has nothing new either. I can notice one change in office though, which is T spawn. Seems to have more cover now.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Agree Agree x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

2. Post #3122
    December 2007
    786 Posts
    I thought something felt wrong when I started playing CS:GO. I think it's the tracers that come out of the gun that feel weird, the tracers do not actually represent where the bullets go, so really your gun will be spraying tracers one direction real bullets another. When I play I visually use the tracers trying to hit the person when that isn't where the bullets really go. Anyone else notice that?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 6 (list)

3. Post #3123
    Gold Member
    May 2006
    14,997 Posts
    The office map just feels depressing, way too dark.
    Isn't that what an office typically is? This office is actually less depressing than a real office because there aren't any cubicles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9Agree Agree x 1 (list)

4. Post #3124
    support my deus ex fanfiction
    November 2009
    1,507 Posts
    http://i.imgur.com/2A6MR.jpg

i am becoming less shit!
    Hey, I'm on that list!

Hi Kop!
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

5. Post #3125
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    August 2009
    2,482 Posts
    Quick dumb question
    how does one even try to get a beta key in the first place
    Sign a contract in blood to valve that you will never play CS:GO, or download C00L HAX and get Vac banned, should guarentee a couple keys.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

6. Post #3126
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    5,785 Posts
    Wait, what's the CSM?
    The new lighting technique in CS:GO added in the de_lake update
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 Brazil Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

7. Post #3127
    December 2011
    2,782 Posts
    I got scammed by the piece of shit troll named kopimi.
    I suggest that no one ever trusts him ever. He is a minge low life asshole.
    Your welcome for the free fucking cs go kopimi you fucking cunt.
    You were the one trying to sell everyone a free beta for 70$. I think the low life asshole here is you.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Canada Show Events Agree Agree x 10Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

8. Post #3128
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    669 Posts
    Anyone interested in a Dota 2 key for a CS:GO key?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 1 (list)

9. Post #3129
    Facepunch Staff
    March 2010
    2,580 Posts
    A steam friend of mine with close contact with a Hidden Path employee said their CSM technique was directly inspired on mine , I am quite happy to hear that I've indirectly contributed to one of the biggest changes in an official Source game
    Don't want to be a dick but your friend is telling you lies.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5Agree Agree x 1 (list)

10. Post #3130
    July 2010
    780 Posts
    ill be going to valve. tell me any questions you would like me to ask them
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

11. Post #3131
    Garb is the dry stuff in the corner of your eyes when you just wake up.
    May 2010
    2,032 Posts
    Does valve plan to add any more dynamic world items, like CSS to their maps, or keeping everything static.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

12. Post #3132
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,573 Posts
    I got scammed by the piece of shit troll named kopimi.
    I suggest that no one ever trusts him ever. He is a minge low life asshole.
    Your welcome for the free fucking cs go kopimi you fucking cunt.
    Karma sure is a bitch
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events

13. Post #3133
    Gold Member
    October 2008
    2,552 Posts
    CSS:

GO:

CSS:

GO:

(Click to make it bigger)
    Too lazy to make any more comparison shots.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Winner Winner x 3Informative Informative x 1 (list)

14. Post #3134
    Ask Rohan about rust keys!
    August 2011
    2,854 Posts
    CSS:
    -img-
    To be honest CSS office looks better.

IT'S RAINING DISAGREES
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 29Agree Agree x 7Optimistic Optimistic x 1Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

15. Post #3135
    quality poster
    Dennab
    August 2009
    12,242 Posts
    what is the steam group we should all play LETS PLAY

16. Post #3136
    July 2011
    6,504 Posts
    So I decided to play some CS:S on my own today, I just realized how much bullshit is pumped into it sometimes.
    -You can shoot someone square in the face and chest, and they walk off with about 34hp, no matter armor or not.
    -People are able to pull off headshots with the awp by shooting a split second after scoping, even though you cannot
    -No matter how much you can shoot someone, they will always win with the lowest health possible
    -Everyone will headshot you with any weapon and still kill you in one hit, even though you cannot
    -Everyone will do the one thing you cannot do

Hopefully CS:GO, when released, will be a hell of a lot better than CS:S
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 26Funny Funny x 5Agree Agree x 3Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

17. Post #3137
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,546 Posts
    So I decided to play some CS:S on my own today, I just realized how much bullshit is pumped into it sometimes.
    -You can shoot someone square in the face and chest, and they walk off with about 34hp, no matter armor or not.
    -People are able to pull off headshots with the awp by shooting a split second after scoping, even though you cannot
    -No matter how much you can shoot someone, they will always win with the lowest health possible
    -Everyone will headshot you with any weapon and still kill you in one hit, even though you cannot

have you ever thought of the fact that you're terrible at the game? cs:s is literally the easiest cs out of the however many there are.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

18. Post #3138
    October 2010
    11,829 Posts

Get better at the game

fucking ninjas

19. Post #3139
    Gold Member
    June 2006
    1,678 Posts

I'm relatively new to CS:S, I've played around 12 hours and it's not as bad as you make it out to be. It takes getting used to, for my first 5-6 hours I was hopeless and didn't get many kills but once you get used to it it becomes a lot easier.

If you're referring to spectating people who are using the awp and watching them get kills after scoping, its probably just a delay between what you see, what they see and what has actually happened.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

20. Post #3140
    Stardust crusader
    March 2009
    2,864 Posts

Practice more. This is something about you, not the game itself.

21. Post #3141
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 10Late Late x 5 (list)

22. Post #3142

June 2011
    19 Posts
    If someone feels like sharing a beta key for dota 2, or cs:go I'd be forever greatful, and appreciative.

Thanks for the screenshots, and vids all..

I know some of you will comment on my post count. I came here when the whole brohoster fiasco was going on, and I lurk everyday here.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events Funny Funny x 9 (list)

23. Post #3143

September 2011
    131 Posts
    You are a someone.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4Friendly Friendly x 1Disagree Disagree x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

24. Post #3144
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    7,573 Posts
    These things happen much less if you're good
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 8 United States Show Events Zing Zing x 7Funny Funny x 1Agree Agree x 1 (list)

25. Post #3145
    Gold Member
    November 2008
    15,043 Posts
    god damn I want a cs:go key so badly.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Informative Informative x 2 (list)

26. Post #3146
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    15,985 Posts
    I got a CS:GO Key for giving my arm and leg.

Now we wait for these 100bytes a second to finish the download on it's own

27. Post #3147
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    10,024 Posts
    Don't want to be a dick but your friend is telling you lies.
    Too right, his method isn't even CSM, it's just overlaid orthographic projected textures with absolutely no view frustum splits or anything complicated. I'm sure that when Valve decide to add something, they do it the right way instead of some hacky way.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

28. Post #3148
    Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar! Allah Akbar!
    April 2006
    16,089 Posts
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

29. Post #3149
    Facepunch Staff
    March 2010
    2,580 Posts
    Too right, his method isn't even CSM, it's just overlaid orthographic projected textures with absolutely no view frustum splits or anything complicated. I'm sure that when Valve decide to add something, they do it the right way instead of some hacky way.
    The point is that It's ridiculous claiming Valve was directly inspired by a modder that altered something that was already there. I'm not meaning to be a dick and I should have just let it go but it insults the intelligence of people working at Valve.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

30. Post #3150
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    10,024 Posts
    The point is that It's ridiculous claiming Valve was directly inspired by a modder that altered something that was already there. I'm not meaning to be a dick and I should have just let it go but it insults the intelligence of people working at Valve.
    Yeah, even implying that they would use such a hacky method (even if it is Valve) is pretty stupid to begin with. They already had the system in place for Dota 2 without any hacky shit - all they did for CS:GO is add cascades which is easy compared to getting the basic shadowmapping stuff to work.

I don't think you were being a dick either.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

31. Post #3151
    VALVe isn't the team primarily developing CS:GO
    We all know this shit, therefore; the lighting is that dev's choice and implementation, they probably found some easy-ish way to implement it on some website, and plugged it into source, same with FXAA.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

32. Post #3152
    SHADERS
    October 2008
    10,024 Posts
    VALVe isn't the team primarily developing CS:GO
    We all know this shit, therefore; the lighting is that dev's choice and implementation, they probably found some easy-ish way to implement it on some website, and plugged it into source, same with FXAA.
    Not really, Valve are quite capable of doing everything without much effort, it's whether they need to or not... The lighting is the same as Dota 2's, just with cascades (I'll bet Dota 2 has cascaded shadowmapping support, but it's just disabled because there's no point for a top down game.)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

33. Post #3153
    April 2006
    16,089 Posts
    everytime i click quick match i get a black screen

wat do
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Late Late x 1 (list)

34. Post #3154
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,546 Posts
    just restart the game, that's what i had to do a few times.

Edited:

also when switching maps while in a server, it slows my computer really hard and freezes a bunch of shit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

35. Post #3155
    February 2007
    46 Posts
    GO:

GO:

The textures look like ass and reminds me so much of the Dead Center campaign in L4D2, which I once thought were flat color textures.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Dumb Dumb x 7Agree Agree x 1Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

36. Post #3156
    like..dude..nevermind....fuck
    July 2011
    4,629 Posts
    The textures look like ass and reminds me so much of the Dead Center campaign in L4D2, which I once thought were flat color textures.
    because they totally are not on the same engine or anything
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Mac United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 5 (list)

37. Post #3157
    February 2007
    46 Posts
    because they totally are not on the same engine or anything
    Not exactly sure whether you're avoiding the point I was trying to make that the textures are seriously lacking much detailing or you were born dropped on the head.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Malaysia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

38. Post #3158
    April 2006
    16,089 Posts
    literally all i get to play is dust and nuke
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

39. Post #3159
    June 2011
    8,812 Posts
    literally all i get to play is dust and nuke
    I don't understand how anyone can stand playing dust/dust2 anymore, you'd think people would get sick of it after a few years, but nope most 1.6/css servers run them 24/7.

40. Post #3160
    Gold Member
    September 2009
    15,546 Posts
    because dust2 is the most balanced map there is?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events Agree Agree x 9Funny Funny x 4Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)