May 2010
    6,578 Posts
    Got a download link?
    well the beta isn't live, so...

3. Post #43
    January 2009
    264 Posts
    Ah, this is for the Gmod 13 beta...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Lua King Lua King x 2 (list)

4. Post #44
    July 2007
    363 Posts
    ill see if i can find any of my other plugins i made for this lol
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

5. Post #45
    Blue and Proud Of It.
    Dennab
    September 2011
    961 Posts
    I miss ASSmod it seems to have almost died on everything except Sandbox and DarkRP...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

6. Post #46
    March 2010
    31 Posts
    Use ASSmod for PostNukeRP, would be very interested to see it continued.

7. Post #47

August 2011
    80 Posts
    Yes add the tmysql and the mysql

8. Post #48
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,447 Posts
    Code:
    Upped API version to 2.3
    Changed ASS_TellAdmins to ASS_TellPlayers
    Changed ChatPrint usage to chat.AddText for colors.
    Added all of the silkicons to addon.
    Added any silkicons used to be sent to clients.
    Prop protection can no longer be exploited to manipulate other's props with the default stools.
    Prop protection notifications no longer spam you.
    Explode, Rocket and Respawn added to kill plugin/menu.
    Added a Cleanup Map option that uses game.CleanUpMap() because it's superior.
    Defaulted all ASS_isAdmin NWVars on the client to 5 instead of 0. --SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU ARE NOT AN ADMIN
    Added Settings menu for server settings.
    Added Plugin call for menu additions for settings.
    Added client chat notifications of admin actions.
    Added setting to clear your client's assmod config. (clear ban reasons and stuff)
    Got some stuff done today.

Not really sure if I'm a fan of where the settings menu is right now, I'm going to try to add a couple things there but it's pretty static like the rest of Assmod. It calls a function in plugins to add to the menu though.

Edited:

Yes add the tmysql and the mysql
    I don't think I will be anymore, to properly implement a database you have to have script something which can work without another server running off the same information being able to overwrite it with incorrect data. I'm also somewhat concerned about gatekeeper support as it would have to be maintained.

Assmod is meant to stay simplistic, the only thing in it which has ever had a single problem was the menu. According to garrysmod.org I uploaded it about 1200 days ago and with a little work it worked again in the beta.

I really don't really care for source's ban system though, I'll have to think about it.

Edited:

I was also looking at FPP and I noticed it was compatible with "CPPI", is this something that Assmod's prop protection really needs? Is there any point in this and what actually uses it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

9. Post #49
    #YOLO
    July 2011
    1,610 Posts
    What about a download link for people that have BETA?

10. Post #50
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,447 Posts
    What about a download link for people that have BETA?
    When we get the Steam Workshop I'll be putting it up on that, I'm not happy enough with it to release it yet.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

11. Post #51
    Gold Member
    April 2009
    1,805 Posts
    Is Assmod still going to have fixed ranks or can we add new ones? Funny, switched to Exsto when it first came out because this started to break, and now exsto is totally broke and this is getting fixed(somehow we managed to run exsto on our server to over a year now with only "minor" issues, don't ask me how.)

12. Post #52
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,578 Posts
    I'd assume (and hope) that all ranks are still hard-coded in. I've always admired that ASSMod's simplicity, adding an in-game rank editor would just complicate it.

13. Post #53
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,447 Posts
    There won't be a dynamic ranks, I will however make it so that the menu and other stuff isn't hard coded to certain ranks so that if you do add ranks to it everything will function properly.

I uploaded my current version of it to the workshop, try it out and tell me what you think.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...tails/?id=6856

14. Post #54
    November 2010
    860 Posts
    There won't be a dynamic ranks, I will however make it so that the menu and other stuff isn't hard coded to certain ranks so that if you do add ranks to it everything will function properly.

I uploaded my current version of it to the workshop, try it out and tell me what you think.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...tails/?id=6856
    I think, I can't see anything :D

That item does not exist. It may have been removed by the author.

15. Post #55
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,578 Posts

16. Post #56
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    409 Posts

17. Post #57
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,578 Posts
    He does, I just couldn't check because Steam was crying about 503 errors

Are you logged in when you visit the page?

18. Post #58
    March 2010
    31 Posts
    It worked for me, but I noticed that it does not download it to a addons folder. How will we get access to this for use on a dedicated server?

19. Post #59
    November 2010
    860 Posts
    I have the beta :D
    But I diden't play to much.

Edited:

20. Post #60
    June 2009
    19 Posts
    Will assmod 2.30 have MySQL?

21. Post #61
    Get your own DarkRP Server!
    January 2006
    5,610 Posts
    Will assmod 2.30 have MySQL?
    Will you ever be able to read 12 posts above you or will you remain illiterate forever?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Netherlands Show Events Agree Agree x 5Zing Zing x 4 (list)

22. Post #62

December 2006
    9 Posts
    I do need working assmod tried this evolve thang, but nope want my assmod back

23. Post #63
    March 2010
    31 Posts
    How do you get a download for it to use for servers? I checked the client after it downloaded and could not find it.

24. Post #64
    November 2010
    860 Posts
    How do you get a download for it to use for servers? I checked the client after it downloaded and could not find it.
    Because is not released yet.

25. Post #65
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,578 Posts
    Because is not released yet.
    You quoted the release a couple posts up...

26. Post #66
    November 2010
    860 Posts
    You quoted the release a couple posts up...
    No that was just a picture from slayer3032 steam screenshot.

27. Post #67
    March 2010
    31 Posts
    He released it on the workbench, and it works in singleplayer. Just need to port it to my dedicated dev server.

28. Post #68
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,447 Posts
    -outdated-

It's in workshop addon format, I think that this zip was the one I uploaded but I can't remember..

29. Post #69
    Can someone give me a dayz copy?
    April 2011
    1,156 Posts
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5601782/Assmod_Beta1.zip

It's in workshop addon format, I think that this zip was the one I uploaded but I can't remember..
    I've put it on the dedicated server, but it give me much error lua (clientside) when i open the menu

[lua\ass_client.lua:244] attempt to call method 'SetMenu' (a nil value)

30. Post #70
    November 2010
    860 Posts
    I've put it on the dedicated server, but it give me much error lua (clientside) when i open the menu

You know that this is for Gmod 13.
    Yes ?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP Romania Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

31. Post #71
    May 2010
    450 Posts
    I believe because of the MySQL support Sourceban would be possible to implant like Evolv?
    - It's look great though, keep going buddy.

32. Post #72
    Gold Member

March 2010
    149 Posts
    Also i sort of did it it in the old assmod but could you add custom ranks? my code is broken now otherwise i would snip it to you.

33. Post #73
    Ass mod is allready ready for mysql, the default writer and updated ban system works fine.

34. Post #74
    Gold Banana
    May 2010
    6,578 Posts
    The way I see ASSMod is this - if a community actually knows what they are doing, they will modify it their own and sync bans + ranks. I'd really be annoyed if MySQL was added (Sadistic actually said he wants it to be simplistic)

35. Post #75
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,447 Posts
    The way I see ASSMod is this - if a community actually knows what they are doing, they will modify it their own and sync bans + ranks. I'd really be annoyed if MySQL was added (Sadistic actually said he wants it to be simplistic)
    My plan was initially to create more of a working example which was just a different writer plugin as well as making it easier to do such.

There still seems like there's going to be quite a while until the beta is ready for retail and I don't have all the time in the world to work on projects I'm not going to be using in particular. I might not be getting everything I kinda wanted to get done for you all but I'll be sure to have something working when the beta goes live.

36. Post #76
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,447 Posts
    Code:
    Added SpamspawnProtect GlobalString so that prop time limits are networked.
    Updated hacky DFrame shit in all the menus to work with new minimize/maximize/close buttons.
    Preparations for the new workshop addon restrictions.
    Temporarily replaced Derma_StringRequest's use so that you can read the text.
    Added a Toggle Notice Bar setting.
    Enabled the settings menu for clients.
    Did a little cleaning up and got it working again, now only if puush was online so that I could get garry's workshopper and upload/update it..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

37. Post #77
    December 2011
    53 Posts
    This looks really good. I've always liked the simplicity of Assmod. But I usually preferred ULX due to the more advanced user controls.

38. Post #78
    December 2009
    364 Posts
    ass
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 6Informative Informative x 2Lua King Lua King x 1 (list)

39. Post #79
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    3,447 Posts
    Uploaded to workshop and it should be working now..
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

40. Post #80

June 2011
    42 Posts
    Does anybody know if Andy ever finished ASSMod 3.0 ?

Edited:

Found the git repo: https://github.com/andyvincent/ASSmod