1. Post #2481
    January 2011
    2,551 Posts
    That's like saying you hate people that don't use a seatbelt.
    Why would you ever hate someone because they can potentially hurt them selves? That's just irrational.
    There are people who don't use seatbelts?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Denmark Show Events Funny Funny x 11Agree Agree x 1 (list)

2. Post #2482
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    4,017 Posts
    Yeah they tend to don't live that long.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Funny Funny x 18 (list)

3. Post #2483
    August 2009
    380 Posts
    This needs to be stamped out at once!
    Kids these days.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 3 (list)

4. Post #2484
    Gold Member
    March 2010
    1,891 Posts
    Behold

The trippy batman shader!
    http://glsl.heroku.com/e#826.0

(Converting hsv to rgb, and then using sin(col + time) + 1.0)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Winner Winner x 5Funny Funny x 3Artistic Artistic x 2Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

5. Post #2485
    Gold Member
    January 2009
    4,037 Posts
    Well it's obviously not smart, and everyone should use seatbelts.
    Just like everyone should use version control. My arguments is against HATING people who don't use them.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Croatia Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

6. Post #2486
    Gold Member
    July 2007
    6,768 Posts
    Ah, I thought by now you would've picked up on how easily I throw around 'hate'.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Linux Australia Show Events Zing Zing x 1 (list)

7. Post #2487
    February 2008
    551 Posts
    I can't stand the inanity. I don't know why we have to "maturely" over analyze off hand comments every time.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

8. Post #2488
    Hates php
    May 2006
    2,413 Posts
    Aw, riot actually fixed the bug for ranked games. Oh well, no reason to keep doing the features for the bug.

I think I may mess around with doing a clientless connection instead of proxying. Maybe end up doing a service like http://lolstatistics.com/.

Edit:

Wow I must be tired. I just realized that it still sends the account id and summoner id.
    Guess I spoke a bit too soon. Turns out that even though its in the account id field it is not the account id. Might be the summoner id but I don't think you can really do anything with it :(.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

9. Post #2489
    Programming King and Most Patient Member 2013
    December 2008
    1,161 Posts
    Off visiting family for Christmas, managed to bring an old laptop with me. wxWidgets is refusing to compile properly, so I'm using love for a while
    Started off with a 2d PRNG based off of coordinates so I could make some noise, didn't go so well:

Now got some simple perlin noise going, using marching squares to turn it into polygons for box2d:

I have no idea where I'm going with this.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Artistic Artistic x 15 (list)

10. Post #2490
    Zyx
    Guest 3855 is lost and can't find the park exit
    February 2005
    2,816 Posts
    The chess game I posted about some time ago is called "Time chess" because you can go back in time and undo any one move and see how the rest of the game then evolved without that one move. (Limited to the last 10 moves)

Here is a scenario where I just moved a rook 10 times in a row in some random pattern.
    The highlighted move to the right is what I want to remove, so I click that (The lines on the board is only there to visualize it for you guys).

Time will rewind visually. So you can see the pieces move backwards and see killed pieces respawning and rewinding their moves as well.
    Then the selected move is deleted from the stack, but the rest is played back again. After the play back the board now looks like this:

As you can see, the pattern is the same, except for that one red highlighted line.
    Any piece the rook lands on in this new timeline will be killed. If the rook leaves the board, it itself is also killed.
    After a time rewind is complete, the stack of moves is cleared.

I'm just not quite sure on what to do if I implement the "Pieces cannot move over another piece" and they try to do that when time is resumed.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

11. Post #2491
    September 2011
    319 Posts
    Off visiting family for Christmas, managed to bring an old laptop with me. wxWidgets is refusing to compile properly, so I'm using love for a while
    Started off with a 2d PRNG based off of coordinates so I could make some noise, didn't go so well:
    Now got some simple perlin noise going, using marching squares to turn it into polygons for box2d:
    I have no idea where I'm going with this.
    MY EYES ARE BLEEDING
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 South Africa Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

12. Post #2492
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,089 Posts
    Merry Christmas eve everybody
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 12Dumb Dumb x 2Disagree Disagree x 2 (list)

13. Post #2493
    Gold Member
    April 2011
    4,017 Posts
    Time to watch the Grinch again. Man what can I relate to that guy until he went all sissy. I can also choose between annoying a friend and crash on his couch or stay at home and eat salmon and figure out why the hell sqlite says the file is locked or other crap after a while at random.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

14. Post #2494
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,205 Posts

Little quiz console thing I programmed in Java, pretty proud of it. Adding high scores that save to a file to compare.

EDIT: I got #5 wrong on purpose.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 4Programming King Programming King x 3Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #2495
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,477 Posts
    Time to watch the Grinch again. Man what can I relate to that guy until he went all sissy. I can also choose between annoying a friend and crash on his couch or stay at home and eat salmon and figure out why the hell sqlite says the file is locked or other crap after a while at random.
    here come the off-topic police.

Edited:

I can hear the sirens
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6Dumb Dumb x 2Agree Agree x 1 (list)

16. Post #2496
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,089 Posts
    here come the off-topic police.

Edited:

I can hear the sirens
    Yes sir officer, I saw blkducky talking about you guys instead of WAYWO. He's right over there.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 4 (list)

17. Post #2497
    October 2009
    1,933 Posts
    Yeah, thanks, I solved it last night by doing this:

local common_sources = {
         "ability.c","actions.c","ai.c","altitude.c","area.c","attrs.c","backstab.c","balls.c","bestiary.c", ... }

local bld_dir = "build/"
    local bin_dir = bld_dir .. "/bin/"
    local int_dir = bld_dir .. "/obj/"

solution "tsl"
    	configurations { "debug", "release" }

configuration { "debug" }
    		targetdir (bin_dir .. "debug")
    		objdir (int_dir)
    		defines { "DEBUG" }
    		flags { "Symbols" }

configuration { "release" }
    		targetdir (bin_dir .. "release")
    		objdir (int_dir)
    		defines { "NDEBUG" }
    		flags { "Optimize" } 

project "sdl"
    	language "C"
    	kind "WindowedApp"
    	targetname "tsl"
    	defines { "TSL_SDL" }
    	links { "SDL", "SDLmain", "pdcurses" }
    	files { common_sources }
    	files { "sdlui.h", "sdlui.c" }

project "console"	
    	language "C"
    	kind "ConsoleApp"	
    	targetname "tsl_text"
    	defines { "TSL_CONSOLE" }
    	links { "pdcurses" }
    	files { common_sources }
    	files { "console.h", "console.c" }

And in case anyone is wondering, I was fixing The Slimy Lichmummy.

The author had saving and loading disabled on windows because it was bugged.. the bug turned out to be:

savefile = fopen(savefile_path, "r");

It worked perfectly when I switched it to binary mode ("rb").
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events

18. Post #2498
    September 2001
    12,325 Posts
    Hahaha what the fuck

http://www.justpushstart.com/2011/12...uper-meat-boy/

Do these news sites think anonymous is another word for hacker or something? How can they blame anonymous for it when the whole thing is in the screenshot? Why do they think it has anything to do with anonymous??
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events Funny Funny x 69Winner Winner x 1 (list)

19. Post #2499
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,917 Posts
    Hahaha what the fuck

Do these news sites think anonymous is another word for hacker or something? How can they blame anonymous for it when the whole thing is in the screenshot? Why do they think it has anything to do with anonymous??
    Ha ha that guy is terrible at his job. He found a single obscure source to perpetuate the story from. I'm no journalist but wow. And his source's single source is reddit. Specifically the image they used in the article.

This means that they have no actual sources, they just have 2nd generation speculation on the meaning of a picture.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

20. Post #2500
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,081 Posts
    so uh, why are we getting rectal pains over some random, unimportant wordpress gaming blog that no one reads?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 8Funny Funny x 1 (list)

21. Post #2501
    Gold Member
    February 2009
    4,917 Posts
    so uh, why are we getting rectal pains over some random, unimportant wordpress gaming blog that no one reads?
    Because I can't stand inaccuracies and bad journalism going unnoticed
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

22. Post #2502
    May 2008
    898 Posts
    Because someone commented saying the story originated at SA and garry got upset
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 27Winner Winner x 1 (list)

23. Post #2503
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    who reads gaming blogs in the first place, it's all shit spewed out by talentless fucks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 11 (list)

24. Post #2504
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,205 Posts
    What the hell, command prompt isn't running the most current version of my program.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Disagree Disagree x 1 (list)

25. Post #2505
    Team Hamster
    December 2009
    556 Posts
    Wake up, update solution to latest version, missing asset: MenuBackground.png

Okay.. hmm.. this image will have to do!

Yeah!

Also I meant to use my "HelloFP!" map but #Winning works too I guess.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 15Winner Winner x 3 (list)

26. Post #2506
    May 2008
    898 Posts
    What the hell, command prompt isn't running the most current version of my program.
    This is not command prompt's fault, you'll probably find your output directly has changed to be elsewhere
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

27. Post #2507
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,205 Posts
    who reads gaming blogs in the first place, it's all shit spewed out by talentless fucks
    -Edited for derailment-

28. Post #2508
    Andrew McWatters
    Dennab
    March 2011
    4,658 Posts
    I just don't care much for the input of gaming blogs. I would care if I was some big developer and they were showing off my work, but otherwise, they're worthless.

Like take Maurice for instance, I think it's great his stuff is on gaming blogs. More power to him. I'd never read the articles, though. I know enough about his work, and I don't need people to rehash crap I already know. For his growth and notoriety, I'm glad they exist, and for people like him as well, but that's the end of their worth.

29. Post #2509
    Gold Member
    January 2010
    3,205 Posts
    This is not command prompt's fault, you'll probably find your output directly has changed to be elsewhere
    I don't understand. I have been using Eclipse and saving to the same directory each time.

30. Post #2510
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2011
    436 Posts
    Since this WAYWO stuff seems to be pretty popular, I'll try it out:

Heres the deal, the Live Messenger has this ultra stupid bullshit feature called Sharing. So whenever someone sends a Youtube link or Image or any media that MSN accepts, it will automatically resize your conversation window and displays it, even when I send it to the person.

So what does someone like me that understands reverse engineering?

I patch it, bye bye auto resize.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Programming King Programming King x 25Funny Funny x 1 (list)

31. Post #2511
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,081 Posts
    >2011
    >using msn

seriously though, there's no reason to use msn/wlm anymore. microsoft totally fucked it in the ass with wave 4, and this is ignoring the fact that the protocol provides no security.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 12Dumb Dumb x 4 (list)

32. Post #2512
    Gold Member
    Dennab
    May 2011
    436 Posts
    >2011
    >using msn
    Ever tried convincing 300 people at once to switch the messenger?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Zing Zing x 7Agree Agree x 2 (list)

33. Post #2513
    Gold Member
    June 2007
    1,081 Posts
    Ever tried convincing 300 people at once to switch the messenger?
    no, because everyone i know uses other im services that are slightly more sane than msn.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 7 (list)

34. Post #2514
    Interesting that you say that. Friend.
    August 2007
    3,378 Posts
    Hahaha what the fuck

I bought you a title, why are you still using that massive guard tower of a title still?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Friendly Friendly x 14Agree Agree x 1 (list)

35. Post #2515
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    1,089 Posts
    I bought you a title, why are you still using that massive guard tower of a title still?
    He's not in the Christmas spirit.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 4 (list)

36. Post #2516
    July 2008
    408 Posts
    Since this WAYWO stuff seems to be pretty popular, I'll try it out:

Heres the deal, the Live Messenger has this ultra stupid bullshit feature called Sharing. So whenever someone sends a Youtube link or Image or any media that MSN accepts, it will automatically resize your conversation window and displays it, even when I send it to the person.

So what does someone like me that understands reverse engineering?

I patch it, bye bye auto resize.
    can i have your ollydbg config?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events

37. Post #2517
    October 2009
    1,933 Posts
    I knew he'd cheat.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Egypt Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

38. Post #2518
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    1,647 Posts

Progress bars are fun! Now I just have to get the date working.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

39. Post #2519
    Team Hamster
    December 2009
    556 Posts
    Hi my name is Garry and I'm slow at updating my title.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events Funny Funny x 23 (list)

40. Post #2520
    Gold Member
    December 2006
    816 Posts
    Pidgin master race
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Germany Show Events Disagree Disagree x 8Agree Agree x 7Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)