1. Post #241
    The best headhumper of the galaxy.
    January 2012
    2,385 Posts
    Hell no. I personally care for others and not just myself. If I killed someone, I'd be scarred for life.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United States Show Events

2. Post #242
    ice cream and pussy
    March 2005
    1,982 Posts
    What's the point of this debate? Morality is subjective. All I've really seen so far is people trying to proclaim their morality is more 'just' than someone else's.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Show Events

3. Post #243
    Ah... tits!
    August 2009
    4,234 Posts
    Yes. #yolo

But for real, I would. People die every day and if by my hands I would not mind in the slightest, although it could depend on the person.. single mother, probably not. Some prick, definitely.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Canada Show Events

4. Post #244
    That is just such an outrageous position I don't believe you.
    why not? you can save at least 500 lives with $1,000,000 if you donate to the right charity. A net gain of 499 lives is a good thing.

Edited:

Fuck no, lives can't be measured in money.
    sure they can
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events

5. Post #245
    Gold Member
    January 2007
    3,710 Posts
    I'd rather die poor than guilty, so no.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

6. Post #246
    May 2012
    1,481 Posts
    I'd do it for free if it instantly killed every person who was against scientific progress!

7. Post #247
    March 2010
    427 Posts
    Do you guys not know how this works? When you push the button and get the million you are the next person the button kills on press. It's the devil's deal, you get a very short time to spend the million before another sucker takes it.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete United States Show Events

8. Post #248
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    5,364 Posts
    No. Beyond the fact that I wouldn't kill anyone for money, I've seen documentaries on people who do. Unlike whatever you might think, these people have some severe damage to their psych as a result, most of them can't sleep at night.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Israel Show Events

9. Post #249
    January 2012
    406 Posts
    If I have to see the persons face, NO. Otherwise yes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

10. Post #250
    April 2011
    2,769 Posts
    A dark part of me would say yes, but ultimately I couldn't bring myself to do it. I think I could only bring myself to kill if it was in defense of myself or others. I wouldn't do it out of simple greed.

11. Post #251
    dailydose
    May 2009
    850 Posts
    Sure why not, people die everyday...why not benefit from it?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

12. Post #252
    May 2012
    348 Posts
    do I get the money if I kill a pedophile?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Netherlands Show Events

13. Post #253
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,975 Posts
    why not? you can save at least 500 lives with $1,000,000 if you donate to the right charity. A net gain of 499 lives is a good thing.

Edited:

sure they can
    But is it that random person's responsibility to save the lives of those 500 people? Shouldn't they have a say in it?

14. Post #254
    June 2012
    68 Posts
    Why the fuck would anyone kill someone for a million dollars? Credit card information costs about $2 per US credit card online. You could just set up a front business and take money from these cards, and buy more cards, and make millions of dollars by the end of the year. And you could also launder money not to get caught, by using the untraceable p2p e-currency Bitcoin and such for laundering.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

15. Post #255
    April 2011
    908 Posts
    I am not understanding what compels some people in this thread to lambast others and try to be the "civilized" forum-goer who has morals. Its easy to go on the internet, and say anything, but I would bet 95% of the people in this thread would press that button, or pull that trigger if it actually happened.

Its easy to talk about something that frankly will never happen to them, so people will say whatever they want to make themselves look better.

Ontopic: Yes.

16. Post #256

June 2012
    1 Posts
    No.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Canada Show Events

17. Post #257
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    965 Posts
    I'd have to say yes.

18. Post #258
    December 2009
    2,191 Posts
    it would depend on how he looked and acted

if i meet him and he's and ugly asshole i would

if i met him and he's good looking and an all around good guy i wouldn't

19. Post #259
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    927 Posts
    Speaking in hypothetical, it is easy to be greedy and imagine all the ways I could use the money. Past this, however, I am not sure I could handle knowing I just killed someone. I consider myself to be a desensitized individual, so I really will never know unless I experience it -- I do not plan to do this, though.

But, I can understand the moral side and the greedy side. Considering how many different situations can go along with this choice, it would be a very difficult one to make.

20. Post #260
    February 2010
    1,200 Posts
    I am not understanding what compels some people in this thread to lambast others and try to be the "civilized" forum-goer who has morals. Its easy to go on the internet, and say anything, but I would bet 95% of the people in this thread would press that button, or pull that trigger if it actually happened.

Its easy to talk about something that frankly will never happen to them, so people will say whatever they want to make themselves look better.

Give me a break you don't know that. like you can even attempt to expose the integrity of what someone believes over the internet or the fact that they're proclaiming it on the internet devalues their moral reasoning. Or that a trial needs to be established in order to challenge that mentality. Just basically like me saying yeah right the people who would, couldn't because they would be too pussy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United Kingdom Show Events

21. Post #261
    Dennab
    December 2011
    5,623 Posts

If that's how you actually imagine the morals of most people to be then you have major problems.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP Professional x64 Europe Show Events

22. Post #262
    Ask me about my secret society of Jihadist Mexican Lobsters
    July 2010
    1,192 Posts
    I won't let wants overcome my values

No

23. Post #263

June 2012
    396 Posts

Edited:

sure they can
    then why don't you start robbing/killing people to take their money and save starving africans? seriously, i'm actually asking - you've decided that it's a moral imperative to kill people so you can save more, so why don't you put your ideals into practice?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

24. Post #264
    Gold Member
    November 2007
    965 Posts
    Here's a twist: You desperately need that money or it could mean your own death, now would you kill the stranger?

25. Post #265
    Grimpunch Games
    May 2005
    523 Posts
    Yes, making it a stranger makes it even easier.

26. Post #266
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    927 Posts
    then why don't you start robbing/killing people to take their money and save starving africans? seriously, i'm actually asking - you've decided that it's a moral imperative to kill people so you can save more, so why don't you put your ideals into practice?
    Assuming it would be legal to make the decision for the money in this case, robbing/killing people would add an extra level of complexity. Obviously, you would then be committing social crimes and would be risking your freedom/life for the goal in such a case. It is an entirely different situation.

27. Post #267
    Gold Member
    July 2006
    4,854 Posts
    I'd do it to a terminally ill patient who wants his/her right to die.

28. Post #268
    Gold Member
    July 2008
    4,975 Posts
    I'd do it to a terminally ill patient who wants his/her right to die.
    Just like I'd do it if it was some warmongering asshole who exploited people and went to war, raped, pillaged, etc.

Thing is, it's random. Again, I still don't think I would or could, if only for my conscience.

29. Post #269
    July 2012
    231 Posts
    Well I will use the money to make a machine to resurrect that person who I killed and split the money with him so we can both be happy.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Australia Show Events

30. Post #270
    The Union Jack would look a shit ton better with a Hammer and Sickle in the middle of it
    November 2007
    7,166 Posts
    it would depend on how he looked and acted

if i meet him and he's and ugly asshole i would

if i met him and he's good looking and an all around good guy i wouldn't
    best post 2012

31. Post #271
    August 2009
    1,046 Posts
    I would never kill a complete stranger for all the money in the world. It disturbs me how people would just kill some innocent person who did nothing wrong, all because some greedy person wanted a bit of money.
    Maybe you're already rich but a million dollars is more than a bit of money in my eyes.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Spain Show Events

32. Post #272
    because I'd get caught, duh

33. Post #273
    May 2011
    3,856 Posts
    Well since my greed would outweigh my morals, I'd say yes
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista Australia Show Events

34. Post #274
    Gold Member
    May 2005
    418 Posts
    Couldn't do it, even if it was some serial rapist murderer. Taking someone's life no matter if they're a scumbag or not would live with me for the rest of my life.

And quite frankly, 99% of the pople here who are saying yes, wouldn't have the balls to do it either. That's my personal opinion.

35. Post #275
    Gold Member
    May 2012
    2,095 Posts
    Killing is the way of the Dark Side...
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows 7 Romania Show Events

36. Post #276
    Gold Member
    May 2008
    6,089 Posts
    Assuming it was $1b, and not like that movie, then yes. I probably would.

37. Post #277
    August 2007
    972 Posts
    A million inset unheard of anymore. Make it 10 and probably.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows Vista United States Show Events

38. Post #278
    November 2011
    86 Posts
    Yes

39. Post #279
    Gold Member
    February 2007
    618 Posts
    If I am allowed details of the person I will be killing, and time to think about the person, then I will give you a yes or a no.
    But as the question pertains to a complete stranger, I assume that means I will NOT be allowed information.
    Ergo: I will NOT kill someone for a million dollars, under the circumstances.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Windows XP United States Show Events

40. Post #280
    Gold Member
    March 2007
    1,111 Posts
    I wouldn't kill anyone for any amount of money.

However, if I were forced to choose between of killing someone I care about or killing a stranger, I would kill the stranger. Even if I had to do it personally.