1. Post #1

December 2011
    4 Posts
    Where can I either access or download the full version of the Sandbox gamemode?

(In order to edit it for my new script that I created from scratch)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE: Got the files I was looking for, which brings me to my final question regarding sandbox...

Where do I need to place the sandbox gamemode (edited version) in order for it to work on my server? How should I go about including it in my gamemode so it uses the edited version instead of using the default version? What function? Can someone give me an example please?
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Lua Helper Lua Helper x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    "The superior man understands what is right; the inferior man understands what will sell"
    August 2011
    3,442 Posts
    Prove you have Garry's Mod, anyways if you do, you could find it in the Garry's Mod fdg under the gamemodes directory.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 2 (list)

3. Post #3

December 2011
    4 Posts
    Prove you have Garry's Mod, anyways if you do, you could find it in the Garry's Mod fdg under the gamemodes directory.
    Not helpful. It isn't in my \garrysmod\garrysmod\gamemodes folder and I cannot seem to locate it anywhere else.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

4. Post #4
    Gold Member
    May 2010
    2,128 Posts
    It's in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\garrysmod content.gcf depending on where you downloaded steam.

What the fuck is an fdg?

5. Post #5
    Best Gamemode Ever
    July 2011
    1,578 Posts
    Install SRCDS go to root/orangebox/garrysmod/gamemodes

If you don't know how to do this then go here: http://www.srcds.com/db/engine.php?s...&id=1097362093

Edit: OR do the above

6. Post #6

December 2011
    4 Posts
    I don't even have a content.gcf file in my gmod folder
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows XP United States Show Events Dumb Dumb x 1 (list)

7. Post #7
    SEXIST FUCK
    November 2010
    3,151 Posts
    I don't even have a content.gcf file in my gmod folder
    look for a folder named "steamapps"
    search it from the drive where you installed steam.

if you dont have one, goodbye.

8. Post #8

December 2011
    4 Posts
    UPDATE: Got the files I was looking for, which brings me to my final question regarding sandbox...

Where do I need to place the sandbox gamemode (edited version) in order for it to work on my server? How should I go about including it in my gamemode so it uses the edited version instead of using the default version? What function? Can someone give me an example please?

9. Post #9
    January 2011
    330 Posts
    AFAIK as far as I know you cannot modify the default sandbox and expect clients to see these updates. Make a complete new gamemode, derive it from sandbox. There you can make your changees.

10. Post #10
    Dragon Dildoes
    Dennab
    April 2009
    4,432 Posts
    nosend.txt