1. Post #1
    August 2010
    4,503 Posts
    VarietyPlus

Ever wish you could make more or find more in minecraft, while keeping the style of the game intact and keeping a good balance?
    Then this mod will be for you, adding new blocks and items, and even foods, you wont starve from a lack of pigs, or be low on ideas again!*

NOTICE: ALL FUTURE UPDATES WILL HAVE DEVBUILDS, ZIIRXIA AND ANYONE ELSE WHO POSTS AN ARTISTIC STRUCTURE WILL BE GETTING THESE.

Changelog:

1.1.1: Pork andwiches, bread slices, Adobe now takes four hardened dirt and is shapeless, gives two, Thatch is now two reeds, shapeless, gives two, finished wood takes ONE log and ONE plank, shapeless, gives six.

1.1: Loads of things.

1.0: Hardened dirt and Hardened Tools!

Pictures:

Crafting Recipes:

Hardened Dirt: Smelt Dirt. Slightly weaker than stone.

Tools: Make them like stone tools, but with the Hardened Dirt. Strength of Stone.

Adobe: Four hardened dirt, shapeless.

Thatch: Two reeds, shapeless.

Hay Bales: Wheat in all 9 slots. Hay storage, works as a block!

Finished Wood: One plank, one log, shapeless.

Foraging Tools PART OF 1.2:

Sifting Tool: Mix with leaves to get cocoa!
    Filter: Mix with a sifting tool and dirt to get Walnuts!

Foods:

Walnuts PART OF 1.2: Fill .5 food bar.

Secret Addition Hints:

Clay and Hardened Dirt.
    Made at the crafting bench.

NOTICE: You need ModLoader.
    NOTICE: I will be trying to add mineforge in 1.2, I dont like installing extra things, but its worth it.

Downloads:

1.1.1: http://www.mediafire.com/?o8keeisn53j6bcg

Old Versions:
    1.1: http://www.mediafire.com/?xeiapipi7em6dld
    1.0: http://www.mediafire.com/?3xxs3rdymrtm7dh

*I can not assure you wont be out of ideas again.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Useful x 15Winner x 2Dumb x 1Disagree x 1Funny x 1 (list)

2. Post #2
    I AM A PUTRID FUCK WHO CHASES AFTER PEOPLE'S VANS, SCARES GIRLS, FELL FOR A RANDOM FUCK ON THE INTERNET WHO I'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN, AND SHOVED RUSTY NAILS DOWN MY COCK FOR THEM.
    July 2008
    4,193 Posts
    This may be a great mod to play with, downloading.

3. Post #3
    August 2010
    4,503 Posts
    This may be a great mod to play with, downloading.
    Just remember, tomorrow comes those bricks you see in the screenshot, along with edible cactus, possibly more.

But the Hardened Dirt stuff is fun.

4. Post #4
    I AM A PUTRID FUCK WHO CHASES AFTER PEOPLE'S VANS, SCARES GIRLS, FELL FOR A RANDOM FUCK ON THE INTERNET WHO I'VE NEVER EVEN SEEN, AND SHOVED RUSTY NAILS DOWN MY COCK FOR THEM.
    July 2008
    4,193 Posts
    Just remember, tomorrow comes those bricks you see in the screenshot, along with edible cactus, possibly more.

But the Hardened Dirt stuff is fun.
    Ah, got it, will keep eye on this thread.

5. Post #5
    August 2010
    4,503 Posts
    Working on traveling (More like spinning in circles, cause its going to be like a pig.) pigmen who drop bread on death and spawn in amounts from 1 to 4. Fun!

6. Post #6
    November 2010
    5,347 Posts
    You should be able to combine some cactus water with a bowl and make Cactus Juice as a food item (providing the cactus water itself already isn't drinkable)

7. Post #7
    August 2010
    4,503 Posts
    You should be able to combine some cactus water with a bowl and make Cactus Juice as a food item (providing the cactus water itself already isn't drinkable)
    It is drinkable, but I do like the idea of bowls, perhaps combine two Cactus Water with the bowl to make a Cactus Juice bowl? This would also allow more cactus juice based recipes... Hm, ill do it.

Edited:

The pigmen arent going to be available for a while, bit harder than I thought.

Edited:

Okay, Im prepped to release 1.1 already, which wasnt planned, you guys should suggest foods/blocks/items! :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

8. Post #8

November 2011
    72 Posts
    It is drinkable, but I do like the idea of bowls, perhaps combine two Cactus Water with the bowl to make a Cactus Juice bowl? This would also allow more cactus juice based recipes... Hm, ill do it.

Edited:

The pigmen arent going to be available for a while, bit harder than I thought.

Edited:

Okay, Im prepped to release 1.1 already, which wasnt planned, you guys should suggest foods/blocks/items! :buddy:
    An iron ingot above a wood block makes a knife, knife and loaf makes slices of bread, slices can be smelted to make toast.

Put other food items ontop of toast slices to make various types of toast, each with varying amounts of hunger regain, proportional to the rarity of the topping, include mario CDi game references.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 6 (list)

9. Post #9
    November 2010
    5,347 Posts
    I don't know if this is in your abilities but maybe if you break grass/use a hoe on it there's also a chance to get some walnuts which could act as a food item.

10. Post #10

November 2011
    72 Posts
    I don't know if this is in your abilities but maybe if you break grass/use a hoe on it there's also a chance to get some walnuts which could act as a food item.
    Walnut toast.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 4Winner Winner x 1 (list)

11. Post #11
    August 2010
    4,503 Posts
    An iron ingot above a wood block makes a knife, knife and loaf makes slices of bread, slices can be smelted to make toast.

Put other food items ontop of toast slices to make various types of toast, each with varying amounts of hunger regain, proportional to the rarity of the topping
    This is the best idea, but ill write it down for later.

Cactus Juice: fills 2 1/2 food bar. Crafted like mushroom soup, but replace the mushrooms with cactus water.

Edited:

I know how to do that, ill make a new tree just for you. :buddy:
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1 (list)

12. Post #12

November 2011
    72 Posts
    Cocoa beans + cake in crafting menu = Chocolate cake, exactly the same as cake but 2 more food regen per bite.

Alternatively allow gold ingots (Not gold blocks like with apples) surrounding a cake to make golden cake, exactly the same instant food regen effect as golden apples but a much lower amount regenerated plus not eating it all in one go, scale as you believe is appropriate for balance.

13. Post #13
    August 2010
    4,503 Posts
    Anyone know how high above bedrock layer the surface is generally?

14. Post #14

November 2011
    72 Posts
    Anyone know how high above bedrock layer the surface is generally?
    60-70 blocks
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Friendly Friendly x 1 (list)

15. Post #15
    August 2010
    4,503 Posts
    Cocoa beans + cake in crafting menu = Chocolate cake, exactly the same as cake but 2 more food regen per bite.

Alternatively allow gold ingots (Not gold blocks like with apples) surrounding a cake to make golden cake, exactly the same instant food regen effect as golden apples but a much lower amount regenerated plus not eating it all in one go, scale as you believe is appropriate for balance.
    This /might/ be too advanced, so ill write it down, cause its a great idea.

Edited:

60-70 blocks
    Okay, walnut dirt generates at 65 now, thanks.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

16. Post #16
    November 2010
    5,347 Posts
    Walnut toast.
    Lets not turn this into KitchenCraft.

I think it would be interesting if it had some sort of Bear Grylls thing going on. Almost everything in the environment has a potential to be a food source. You could go as far as having a chance for wood grubs to drop when chopping a tree, and cooking them gives you more benefits.

Although I don't know what direction you want to take with it, coolity.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Agree Agree x 2 (list)

17. Post #17

November 2011
    72 Posts
    Simple idea: Put dyes with beds in crafting menu to make different coloured beds, no real effects, just variety.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 2Informative Informative x 1 (list)

18. Post #18
    Glod Member
    July 2010
    4,464 Posts
    Simple idea: Put dyes with beds in crafting menu to make different coloured beds, no real effects, just variety.
    Redstone dust mixed into the normal bed recipe for heated blanket, slowly regenerates health and fills up hunger.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Artistic Artistic x 6 (list)

19. Post #19
    August 2010
    4,503 Posts
    Lets not turn this into KitchenCraft.

I think it would be interesting if it had some sort of Bear Grylls thing going on. Almost everything in the environment has a potential to be a food source.

Although I don't know what direction you want to take with it, coolity.
    The general idea is a more full minecraft, more blocks, more items, just more things to play with, and more food since notch didnt add a food toggle.

But the Bear Grylls idea is nice.

Also I contemplated adding a toilet block that gives you urine, now I cant do it because my mod would become Bear Grylls The Mod.

Edit: Urine was going to be used as a sort of crafting item for poisons, so I may still use it.

20. Post #20

November 2011
    72 Posts
    Redstone dust mixed into the normal bed recipe for heated blanket, slowly regenerates health and fills up hunger.
    But you can only be in a bed for 1 or 2 seconds.

21. Post #21
    November 2010
    5,347 Posts
    The general idea is a more full minecraft, more blocks, more items, just more things to play with, and more food since notch didnt add a food toggle.
    Maybe you can have marble generate underground. Also, you could possibly make it so that each tree type gives a different colored wood planks. Birch being a light, normal wood being as it is, and pine being a dark hardwood.

And putting two saplings into a crafting menu gives you four sticks.

22. Post #22
    August 2010
    4,503 Posts
    Okay, new potion idea!

You know the awkward potions and all? I may use them as bases for new potions.

23. Post #23
    October 2010
    11,593 Posts
    Cocoa trees?

24. Post #24
    August 2010
    4,503 Posts
    Maybe you can have marble generate underground. Also, you could possibly make it so that each tree type gives a different colored wood planks. Birch being a light, normal wood being as it is, and pine being a dark hardwood.
    Ill attempt it, though it may not be in 1.1.

Edited:

Cocoa trees?
    Cocoa will be craftable from leaves and a currently unknown item set.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Informative Informative x 1 (list)

25. Post #25

November 2011
    72 Posts
    For the more OCD, allow the ingredients that can be used as dyes to be put into the crafting table and made into powder that has the exact same function, but matches the powder-pile look of all the other dyes, cocoa beans for example.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Funny Funny x 3 (list)

26. Post #26
    August 2010
    4,503 Posts
    I might make a block made out of nether and end blocks that heals you on contact, this IS balanced due to you having to fight a dragon and have the right enchantment to get endstone last I checked.

27. Post #27
    November 2010
    5,347 Posts
    I might make a block made out of nether and end blocks that heals you on contact, this IS balanced due to you having to fight a dragon and have the right enchantment to get endstone last I checked.
    Doesn't it make a new world once you beat the Ender Dragon?

Also, don't know if its in your ability but you could give zombies a chance to drop an iron ingot, gold ingot, or something else. Of course it would be fairly rare to make things balanced. About as rare if not a little more than how gunpowder drops off of creepers.

28. Post #28
    August 2010
    4,503 Posts
    Doesn't it make a new world once you beat the Ender Dragon?
    No, it respawns you at your bed/spawn point.

Edited:

After I finish up sandwhiches and walnuts/walnut trees im doing an early release of 1.1

FUN FACT #1: This is my first mod how am I doing this?! :psyduck:

29. Post #29
    November 2010
    5,347 Posts
    No, it respawns you at your bed/spawn point.

Edited:

After I finish up sandwhiches and walnuts/walnut trees im doing an early release of 1.1

FUN FACT #1: This is my first mod how am I doing this?! :psyduck:
    It's all looking pretty good. It's nice that you are open to suggestions and mods that add more depth to minecraft are always excellent.

30. Post #30

November 2011
    72 Posts
    Allow cocoa to be combined with all food items to add 3 more food recovery to them, cocoa beans plus melon slices makes chocolate coated melon slices, chocolate cake, chocolate coated bread, chocolate coated rotten flesh, etc.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Kingdom Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

31. Post #31
    Gold Member
    July 2009
    3,185 Posts
    What if you combine a slime ball with Melon/Apple to get Melon/Apple Taffy?

But really, make Cocoa Beans have a 1/200 chance of dropping from trees, like apples do in the weekly build.

And maybe carrot seeds in mine shafts, then put the carrots in an awkward potion to brew to get a Night Vision potion (an unused attribute from when the brewing stand was the cauldron)
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply United States Show Events Agree Agree x 1 (list)

32. Post #32
    November 2010
    5,347 Posts
    You could add stained glass. Just put a glass block and a dye into the crafting table and you get colored glass. Although I don't know how difficult that will be.

You could also add in a cotton plant that gives you cotton. You can then craft that into clothing, and it could have other uses. If you try to use cotton, it replenishes some health as if it was being applied on your wounds to stop the bleeding.

Edited:

Tilling the ground could also bring up strawberries. If you wan't to go in depth, you could make strawberries farmable.

Edited:

Oh. you could also make a door that works exactly the same, but it has the bookshelf texture. Perfect for secret lairs. You could craft it by adding a door, three bookshelfs, and a redstone to the workbench.

And maybe some sort of thatch/hay block. You could make it by adding 9 wheat into a crafting table, and you get 16 thatch blocks. Could be cool for medieval styles.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 2 (list)

33. Post #33
    August 2010
    4,503 Posts
    Walnuts are going to be craftable in the same way as cocoa beans will, sorry. Time to make sandwiches!

Edited:

Hm, I MIGHT include a seeeecret thing.

Edited:

Im including a secret addition for 1.1.
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United States Show Events Winner Winner x 1Informative Informative x 1 (list)

34. Post #34
    November 2010
    5,347 Posts
    Maybe a lantern. It has twice the lighting area of a torch and looks cool.

35. Post #35
    August 2010
    4,503 Posts
    Added thatch. Whoop!

The secret thing is still a secret though, its not thatch.

36. Post #36
    November 2010
    5,347 Posts
    Squids have a chance to drop calamari, which you can optionally cook.
    You could make a reinforced boat by putting a boat in the middle of the crafting table and putting an iron block on the left and right sides, which increases its durability.
    Omelettes from chicken eggs, too.
    Lamb chops from sheep.

37. Post #37
    February 2011
    155 Posts
    Coolity's away from pc account here, i dont know if I can modify existing mobs or not, but ill see, I added stained wood and hay as wheat storagge, thatch will be made with reeds and wheat. Tommorow will be glorious.

38. Post #38
    February 2009
    2,740 Posts
    The textures for the blocks are sexually arousing
    Reply With Quote Edit / Delete Reply Windows 7 United Arab Emirates Show Events Friendly Friendly x 2 (list)

39. Post #39
    August 2010
    4,503 Posts
    Secret addition WAS a pigman, its STILL broken, so I changed the secret thing, you will still like it though.

Oh, im also going to try to implement minecraftForge in 1.2 due to it having infinite item and block indexes.

But sadly the secret addition wont get its second feature until 1.2, itll still be nice though.

Edited:

Added: Walnuts, Sifting Tool, Filter, CRAFTABLE COCOA BEANS.

Sifting Tool: SSS
    OSO
    OSO
    Where S is STICKS and O is AIR

Filter: OOO
    SHS
    OOO
    Where O is AIR and S is STICKS and H is HARDENED DIRT.

You mix the sifting tool with leaves for cocoa, this breaks the tool. (Its made of sticks man.)

Mix the sifting too with a filter and dirt to find walnuts.

Walnuts fill 1/2 of a food bar, due to the ease of finding them.

These will be in 1.1

Edited:

Added a stick grinder, made from three sticks and a cobble, you can grind apples and melons, also slimeballs can be ground.

Grinding slimeballs and apples/melons is quite useful, it makes taffies, but until I figure out their original food values they arent in 1.1, only my dev build which I stem from.

Edited:

I coded hay bales, thatch, and stained wood:

40. Post #40
    August 2010
    4,503 Posts
    1.1 Is released!

http://www.mediafire.com/?xeiapipi7em6dld

Contains:

Everything not marked as PART OF 1.2 in the OP, And a secret block, refer to the hint in the OP!